Daily Current Affairs April 02
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs April 02. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 02| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs April 02
1. Which edition of World Autism Awareness Day 2022 was observed on April 02?
Answer: B) 15th
- 1st adopted on – 18/12/2007
- By – United Nation General Assembly
- Edition – 15th
- to highlight the need to help improve the quality of life of those with autism.
- This Year – “Inclusive Quality Education for All”
- Last year – “ Inclusion in the Workplace”
Sports – Daily Current Affairs April 02
2. Which among the following Minister launched KIUG jersey, anthem?
A) Jitendra Singh
B) Akshay Kumar
C) Raj Kumar Singh
E) Anurag Singh Thakur
Answer: E) Anurag Singh Thakur
- He launched the official jersey and anthem of the 2ndedition Khelo India University Games 2021 (KIUG).
- Governor of Karnataka, ThaawarchandGehlotunveild the logo and mascot at the SreeKanteerava Stadium.
- This year around 4500 athletes, representing 20 sports from across India will participate in the Games.
- The host state Karnataka declared KIUG a Green games in which everything used in the event outside the field of play will be made of reusable material, moreover electric vehicles will be used for transportation and all waste will be segregated as wet and dry at the source in every venue.
- A Khelo India App for live updates also launched on the occasion.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs April 02
3. Sebi extends pooling of accounts timeline to _____ on MF industry request?
A) November 30
B) September 1
C) July 1
D) June 30
E) September 31
Answer: C) July 1
- Capital markets regulator Sebi has agreed to mutual funds industry body AMFI’s request to extend the deadline to July 1 for implementing discontinuation of pooling of accounts.
- Besides, the mutual fund industry has agreed to keep the launch of new fund offers (NFOs) on hold during this period.
- The MF industry was required to implement the rule from April 1.
- The extension of the deadline is to facilitate an efficient technology overhaul and its smooth transition to serve growing investor needs.
- Pooling of investor’s funds and units by stockbrokers and clearing members in any form/manner and by the mutual fund investment advisors or distributors (wherever it was taking place) for mutual fund transactions was to be discontinued from April 1, 2022.
- After mutual discussion and agreement, Sebi has given the mutual fund industry extended timelines until July 1, 2022, to enable the industry to bring in a high level of operational efficiency in the interest of investors and efficient functioning of mutual fund subscriptions and redemption.
4. Name the Mutual Fund which has launched UPI AutoPay for SIP investments
B) Nippon Life
C) Axis Bank
E) Aditya Birla
Answer: D) IDFC
- IDFC Mutual Fund has enabled UPI AutoPay, allowing mutual fund investors to use their existing Unified Payments Interface (UPI) applications to create a mandate for autopay facility for their systematic investment plans (SIPs).
- UPI AutoPay can be used via existing applications such as Google Pay, PhonePe, Paytm, BHIM and Amazon Pay, among others.
- Investors can initiate the SIP registration on the IDFC Mutual Fund portal by entering their virtual payment address (VPA)/UPI handle, followed by a one-time authentication of the mandate in their UPI application.
- The SIP installment could commence after five calendar days of registering the mandate.
- The instruction to debit the investor’s account would be sent on the date of the installment for the immediate realization of funds in the scheme account with the NAV of the same day.
- An investor can invest up to ₹5000 per transaction using UPI AutoPay.
5. IFSCA inks MoU with which organisation?
Answer: C) IRDAI
- International Financial Services Centers Authority (IFSCA) and Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI), signed a MoU at Hyderabad to strengthening of inter regulatory exchange of information, technical cooperation, supervisory collaboration and opens avenues towards developing innovative insurance solutions for the evolving global trends.
- It specifically enables mechanism for Inter Operable Regulatory Sandbox through FinTech Bridge to facilitate Indian InsurTech start-ups to explore foreign jurisdiction and vice versa.
- The IFSCA is responsible for development and regulation of international financial services, including that of insurance sector, in the IFSC, which is treated as a separate international financial jurisdiction, distinct from rest of India.
- IFSCA aims to develop a strong global connect and focus on the needs of the Indian economy as well as to serve as an international financial platform at regional/ global level.
- The IRDAI is, inter-alia entrusted with the responsibility of all round development and regulation of the insurance sector in the whole of India (excluding IFSC area) and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
- This MoU will enable coordination, cooperation and collaboration between the two regulators to attract global insurance industry players, including Indian insurance players seeking international markets to create and develop innovative insurance solutions for both India and the world, in a conducive environment.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs April 02
6. Vice Admiral Sanjay Mahindru assumes charge as Deputy Chief of Naval Staff after succeeding whom?
A) Ravneet Singh
B) Arun Prakash
C) Vijay Kumar Singh
D) Pradeep Vasant
E) Robin Kumar
Answer: A) Ravneet Singh
- Vice Admiral Sanjay Mahindruassumed the charge as Deputy Chief of Naval Staff succeeded Vice Admiral Ravneet Singh.
- Vice Admiral Sanjay Mahindru is an alumni of the National Defence Academy, Khadakvasla.
- He was commissioned into the Indian Navy on Jan 1, 1985 and is a Submarine and Navigation Specialist.
- The Flag Officer has commanded INS Shalki, a Type 1500 Shishumar Class submarine, Cadets Training Ship INS Krishna, and Destroyer INS Rajput.
- He has also commanded INS Satavahanathe Navy’s Submarine Training Establishment where he set up the School for Advanced Underwater Warfare.
- He served in the Directorate of Submarine Operations and Directorate of Nuclear Submarine Acquisition at the Integrated Headquarters.
- He has also carried out duties as Naval Assistant to FOC-in-C (West) and FOC-in-C (South).
- On elevation to the rank of Vice Admiral in 2019, he held the challenging and coveted appointment of Deputy C-in-C of the Strategic Forces Command prior to taking over the present appointment.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs April 02
7. SpaceX successfully launched which among the following rocket?
C) Falcon 9
D) Falcon 1
E) Falcon 9 “Full Thrust”
Answer: C) Falcon 9
- SpaceX successfully launched a Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station in the state of Florida carrying 40 spacecraft into space.
- The launch represents the company’s fourth smallest rideshare mission.
- The Falcon 9 rocket is carried 40 spacecraft into space, including cube satellites, micro satellites, picosats, nondeploying hosted payloads, and an orbital transfer vehicle carrying spacecraft to be deployed at a later time.
- The rocket will be launched from NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 02
8. India supplies _____ MT of fuel to the Ceylon Electricity Board Sri Lanka?
Answer: B) 6000
- Indian Oil Corporation subsidiary in Sri Lanka (@LankaIOCPLC) has supplied 6,000 MT of fuel to the Ceylon Electricity Board, to help ease the power crisis in the island country which is witnessing acute power cuts.
- The consignment of fuel is part of US 500 million oil line of credit extended by India.
- Triggered by a lack of foreign exchange, apart from fuel shortages and power outages there is also a severe shortage of essential commodities like cooking gas, food and medicines.
- Moreover, trading on the Colombo Stock Exchange had to be restricted.
- Non-essential employees in the office have been asked to work from home till further notice, in a bid to save fuel.
9. India and Nepal launched how many projects, including cross-border rail line and RuPay card?
Answer: D) Three
- India and Nepal launched three projects, including the Jaynagar-Kurtha cross-border railway line, during the meeting between PM Narendra Modi and Nepal PM Sher Bahadur Deuba.
- The projects launched include: Launch and operationalisation of the 35 km long cross border rail link from Jaynagar in Bihar to Kurtha in Nepal, built with Indian assistance, and Inauguration of the 90 km long 132 KV Solu Corridor transmission line built with Indian Line of Credit at a cost of INR 200 crore.
- The two sides also witnessed launch of the RuPay Card in Nepal and witnessed a video clip on the progress in construction of the 132 Health facilities in Nepal, undertaken with a US$ 50 million grant from India in post earth quake reconstruction The two sides exchanged Documents, including Handover by Nepal of the International Solar Alliance Framework Agreement, Exchange of MoU on enhancing Technical Cooperation in the Railway Sector, Exchange of Agreement on Supply of Petroleum Products between IOC and Nepal Nepal Oil Corporation, Exchange of Agreement for sharing of Technical Expertise between IOC and Nepal Oil Corporation The two sides announced the joint vision statement on bilateral power sector cooperation.
10. India and which country inked four projects during President Kovind’s visit?
Answer: A) Turkmenistan
- India and Turkmenistan inked four agreements during the state visit of President Ram NathKovind to the Central Asian country.
- MoU between Financial Monitoring Service at the Ministry of Finance and Economy of Turkmenistan and Financial Intelligence Unit of India, MoU between the Government of Turkmenistan and the Government of India on Cooperation in the field of Disaster Management, Programme of Cooperation between the Government of Turkmenistan and the Government of India in the fields of Culture and Arts for the period 2022-2025 and MoU between Ministry of Sports and Youth Policy of Turkmenistan and Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports of Government of India on Cooperation in Youth Matters.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 02
11. India contributes how much dollar to UN Women’s core budget?
A) USD 100,000
B) USD 500,000
C) USD 300,000
D) USD 200,000
E) USD 400,000
Answer: B) USD 500,000
- India has contributed USD 500,000 to the UN Women, the United Nations agency for gender equality and women empowerment for their core budget.
- Reaffirmed our valued partnership for women-led development and #gender parity.
- Look forward to working closely with @UN_Womento further our partnership.
12. Which state is being the 1st state to launch GIS based iRAD?
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: E) Punjab
- Punjab Transport Minister Laljit Singh Bhullar launched the Integrated Road Accident Database (iRAD) project making the AAP ruled state the first in the country to initiate ultra-modern tech-equipped with GIS maps for reducing road accidents, improving designs and identifying accidental black spots.
- Inaugurating intra-departmental mobile application based project related to the Public Works Department (B&R), National Highways, Health and Family Welfare, National Highways Authority of India and Punjab Mandi Board during the brief function held here.
- Seven major states Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan started using iRAD projects and Punjab is first which launched iRAD after integrating it with GIS maps with Police Station boundaries.
- The project will implement data analysis techniques and analyze road accident statistics collected across the country and make various suggestions.
- The Punjab Government has fixed maximum speed limit for all vehicles around and in front of schools to 25 kmph.
- The iRAD system starts with mobile application, which will enable police personnel to enter details about a road accident along with photos and videos, following which a unique ID will be created for the incident.
- Subsequently, an engineer from the Public Works Department or the Local Body will receive an alert on his mobile device.
- The Engineer will then visit the accident site, examine it, and feed the required details, such as the road design.
- Data, thus collected will be analysed by a team at IIT-Madras, which will then suggest if corrective measures in road design need to be taken.
- The iRAD has integration with National Digital Vehicle Registry “VAAHAN” and driver database “SAARTHI” along with its integration with Crime and Criminal Tracking Network & Systems (CCTNS) used by the Punjab Police.
- Notably, the state of Punjab has completed its training for all the nodal officers primarily from Police, PWD, Health and Transport Department.
- As many as 310 investigating officers at Police stationlevel have been imparted the training in first phase of iRAD implementation.
13. Which among the following haslaunchedAnti-Human Trafficking Cell?
A) National Commission on Cattle
B) National Commission for Women
C) Ministry of Women and Child
D) Khosla Commission
E) Ministry of Home Affairs
Answer: B) National Commission for Women
- The National Commission for Women launched an Anti-Human Trafficking Cell to improve effectiveness in tackling cases of human trafficking, raising awareness among women and girls, capacity building and training of Anti Trafficking Units and to increase responsiveness of law enforcement agencies.
- Aim of increasing awareness among law enforcement officials and to facilitate their capacity building.
- The Cell will conduct Gender Sensitization Trainings and Workshops in combating human trafficking for police officers and for prosecutors at regional, state and district level.
- The complaints related to human trafficking received by the Commission will be addressed by this cell.
- The Commission has observed that some of the major issues faced in combating trafficking include lack of rehabilitation for victims and insensitive attitude towards trafficked survivors and their families.
- Therefore, the Cell will improve monitoring mechanism and encourage government agencies regarding measures being adopted for prevention of trafficking and rehabilitation of victims.
- The Cell will also help survivors of trafficking in rebuilding their lives by providing them with need-based training and by organizing capacity building programs for them to prevent re-traumatization of victims.
14. Which state joined hands with WWF India to develop State Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan?
C) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer: C) Arunachal Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh State Biodiversity Board has joined hands with WWF India and inked an agreement to develop the State Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan.
- The decision to develop the State Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (SBSAP) was taken during a meeting presided over by the state Environment and Forests Minister Mama Natungin New Delhi.
- The SBSAP will align with the post 2020 Global Biodiversity Framework and Pakke Declaration.
- The SBSAP will be developed through multi-stakeholder consultations and a participatory approach.
- Arunachal Pradesh, the land touched by the first rays of the sun in Indian soil, is known for housing a myriad of plants and trees within the territory.
- The rich faunal biodiversity of Arunachal comprises of 216 species of Mammals, 119 species of Reptiles, 53 species of Amphibian, 218 species of Pisces, and 770 species of Birds along with many other unreported species.