Daily Current Affairs April 01
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs April 01. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 01| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs April 01
1. Which State was celebrated April 01 as its Foundation Day?
Answer: C) Odisha
- Odisha is celebrating its foundation day on April 01.
- It was made into a separate state out of Bihar and Orissa province with addition of Koraput and Ganjamfrom the Madras Presidency on 1936.
- The industrious people of Odisha have contributed immensely to the growth of the nation.
- The state-level function to mark the day has been scheduled in capital Bhubaneswar.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs April 01
2. Meghalaya will host which edition of National Table Tennis Championship 2022?
Answer: B) 83rd
- Begin from April 18th till 25th, 2022 at SAI Indoor Training Centre, NEHU in Shillong.
- Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma informed that the tournament is one of the biggest sports events that the State has hosted till date among others.
- This is the second time the biggest table tennis event is being hosted in the Northeast.
- 650 participants out of which 450 will be players and rest will be coaches and support staff.
- Deputy Chief Minister of Haryana who is the president of the Haryana Table Tennis Association is also responsible for this event.
- This tournament is held the 50 year’s statehood celebration of the State.
- Tournament is expected to be 5 crore rupees and a total of 10 players from the State is expected to participate in the event.
3. 75th National Football Championship for Santosh Trophy will be held in which state?
Answer: D) Kerala
Hero 75th National Football Championship for Santosh Trophy:
- Held at Malappuram, Kerala from April 16 onwards.
- All the matches in the tournament are set to be held at two venues in Malappuram the ManjeriPayyanaad Stadium, and the Kottappadi Stadium.
- 10 teams will be participating in the tournament, with old rivals West Bengal and Punjab.
- The 10 teams have been divided into two groups of five each, with the top two teams from each group set to proceed to the semi-finals (April 28 and 29).
- Group A: Meghalaya, Punjab, West Bengal, Rajasthan, Kerala at Kottappadi Football Stadium (KFS) .
- Group B: Gujarat, Karnataka, Odisha, Services, Manipur.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs April 01
4. Banks get time till ______ to implement new system to replenish cash in ATMs?
A) September 2022
B) July 2022
C) July 2023
D) November 2022
E) March 2023
Answer: E) March 2023
- The Reserve Bank of India gave another extension till March 2023 to banks to implement its direction on use of only lockable cassettes for replenishing cash in their ATMs.
- Currently, most of the ATMs are replenished by way of open cash top-up or by loading cash in the machines on the spot.
- To do away with the current system, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) had asked banks to ensure that lockable cassettes are swapped at the time of cash replenishment in the ATMs.
- Representations have been received from various banks and Indian Banks’ Association, expressing difficulties in meeting the timeline.
5. Which bank was partnered with RBI to implement SwanariTechSprint initiative?
A) Axis Bank
B) Kotak Mahibndra Bank
C) State Bank of India
D) HDFC Bank
E) Canara Bank
Answer: A) Axis Bank
- Axis Bank announced its association with The Reserve Bank of India Innovation Hub (RBIH) for SwanariTechSprint initiative that aims at advancing digital financial inclusion for women across the nation.
- RBIH will host SwanariTechSprint from April 18- 22, 2022 to create and produce smart, creative and sustainable solutions for underserved, low and middle income (LMI) women and for women-owned enterprises in India.
- RBIH will create a platform for fintechs, financial service providers, innovators and subject matter experts to collaborate, ideate and solve specific problems and code prototype solutions in real time.
- This partnership will enable Axis Bank to strengthen its commitment towards financial inclusion and also reinforce its Bharat Bank strategy of ensuring last mile connectivity.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs April 01
6. Which among the following Electric Power Distribution Company get NCLT approval for merger of CGPL?
B) Reliance Energy
C) Tata Power
Answer: C) Tata Power
- Tata Power has received approval from the Mumbai bench of the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) for the merger of Coastal Gujarat Power Ltd (CGPL) with itself.
- The CGPL is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tata Power and operates the 4000 MW UMPP in Mundra, Gujarat.
- The Scheme provides for the amalgamation of CGPL with Tata Power such as streamlining the corporate structure and consolidation of assets and liabilities of CGPL within Tata Power, more efficient utilization of capital for the enhanced development and growth of the consolidated business in one entity.
- The CGPL is one of India’s most energy-efficient thermal plants and uses supercritical technology to generate power.
Books and Authors – Daily Current Affairs April 01
7. Which of the following company released the book “Tiger of Drass”?
B) Orange Publishers
C) Wisdom Tree
D) Adivanni Publishers
Answer: E) HarperCollins
- The book titled the story of the story of Captain Anuj Nayyar,23, Kargil Hero.
- Author – MeenaNayyar and Himmat Singh Shekhawat.
- Publisher – Harper Collins
- The book captures Anuj’s journey of barely twenty-three years, during which he transformed from a reserved but righteous child to a gem of a military professional.
- Anuj Nayyar was awarded India’s second-highest gallantry award, the MahaVir Chakra, in 2000.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs April 01
8. Mahindra Manulife Mutual Fund appoints Anthony Heredia as MD & CEO after succeeding whom?
A) Shoba Reddy
B) Vijay Sharma
C) Rajendra Ram
E) Kailash Kumar
Answer: D) AshutoshBishnoi
- Mahindra Manulife Mutual Fund, a joint venture of Mahindra Finance and Manulife Investment Management of Singapore, has appointed Anthony Heredia as its managing director and chief executive with immediate effect.
- Heredia will succeed
- Mahindra Manulife Investment Management, formerly known as Mahindra Asset Management Company, acts as the investment manager of Mahindra Manulife Mutual Fund which was earlier known as Mahindra Mutual Fund.
- In April 2020, Mahindra Finance divested 49 per cent stake in its wholly-owned subsidiary, Mahindra Manulife Investment Management to Manulife Investment Management of Singapore to form the 51:49 joint venture.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs April 01
9. Name the Helicopters which was inducted into Indian Coast Guard?
A) Hal Chetak
B) Boeing CH-47 Chinook
C) Dornier 228
D) Mil Mi-26
E) Dhruv MK III
Answer: E) Dhruv MK III
- In a Major boost to India’s maritime security, two indigenously designed and manufactured DhruvAdvanced Light Helicopter (ALH) MK III was formally welcomed at Indian Coast Guard Air Enclave.
- This will complete the unit entitlement of 04 ALH MK III.
- Both the aircrafts will be inducted into 845 Squadron (Coast Guard) under the administrative and operational control of Coast Guard Air Enclave.
- As the rotor blades of the helicopter cut through the air, Aircraft were ceremonially welcomed into service with a traditional water cannon salute.
- The induction marks a boost to coastal security management by Coast Guard along the coast of Kerala, Karnataka and around Lakshadweep.
- ALH MK III Helicopters feature an array of systems previously seen only on heavier, multi-role helicopters.
- These helicopters are fitted with modern surveillance radar and electro-optical equipment, which enable them to undertake the role of maritime reconnaissance in addition to providing Long-Range Search and Rescue, both by day and night.
- Special operations capabilities, ALH MK III is also fitted with a heavy machine gun to undertake constabulary missions. A removable Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU) is also fitted on ALH MK III Helicopters to airlift critically ill patients.
- The Helicopter also has a host of advanced avionics, making it truly an all-weather aircraft.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 01
10. Which edition of India-Nepal Line of Credit review meeting in Kathmandu?
Answer: A) 9th
- The 9th India-Nepal Line Of Credit (LoC) review meeting was held in Kathmandu.
- The meeting was aimed at reviewing the progress of projects being undertaken in Nepal under the Government of India’s (GoI) LoCs, ensuring better project implementation and more effective utilization of the large amount.
- From the Indian side, the meeting was led by SridharanMadhusudhanan, Joint Secretary (Development Partnership Administration – I), Ministry of External Affairs, officials from the Embassy and the EXIM Bank were participated.
- From the Nepal side, the meeting was led by Ishwori Prasad Aryal, Joint Secretary (International Economic Cooperation Coordination Division), Ministry of Finance, Government of Nepal (GoN) were participated.
- Under an LoC of USD 250 million (LoC II), involves the construction of a 42 km long power transmission line and its associated substations at New Modi, LahaChowk and Lekhnath in the central part of Nepal.
- The USD 20 million project is being executed by KPTL Ltd and ABB India.
- LOCs have financed 40+ road projects, another 9 projects in hydropower, transmission lines and irrigation, and several others in housing, reconstruction and some iconic and major projects.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 01
11. GST collection of Rs 1.42 lakh crore in March 2022, which is how much percentage of higher than last year March?
Answer: D) 15%
- The gross revenue collection from Goods and Services Tax (GST) soared to an all-time high of Rs 1,42,095 crore in March 2022 surpassing the earlier record of Rs 1,40,986 crore reached in January 2022.
- Of which Central GST is Rs 25,830 crore, State GST is Rs 32,378 crore, Integrated GST is Rs 74,470 crore (including Rs 39,131 crore collected on import of goods) and cess is Rs 9,417 crore (including Rs 981 crore collected on import of goods).
- The revenues for the month of March 2022 are 15 per cent higher than the GST revenues in the same month last year and 46 per cent higher than the GST revenues in March 2020.
12. Who among the following introduced ‘The Indian Antarctic Bill 2022’ in Lok Sabha?
A) Nirmala Sithraman
B) Narendra Modi
C) Jitendra Singh
D) Piyush Goyal
E) Amit Shah
Answer: C) Jitendra Singh
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh introduced ‘The Indian Antarctic Bill 2022’ in Lok Sabha.
- The Bill aims to provide a regulatory framework for India’s research activities in the Antarctic and protect the Antarctic ecosystem.
- It also aims to implement the Antarctic Treaty, the Convention on the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources and the Protocol on Environmental Protection to the Antarctic Treaty.
- Both Houses of Parliament will discuss several private bills.
13. NTPC begin commercial operation of 22 MW floating solar capacity in which state?
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: E) Kerala
- Power giant NTPC announced the commercial operation of 22 megawatts of floating solar capacity in Kayamkulam, Kerala.
- The capacity of its 92 MW Kayamkulam floating solar PV project.
- Consequent upon successful commissioning, the first part capacity of 22 MW out of 92 MW Kayamkulam Floating Solar PV Project at Kayamkulam, Kerala.
- The standalone installed and commercial capacity of NTPC has become 54,516.68 MW.
The group’s installed and commercial capacity have increased to 68,631.68 and 67,971.68 MW, respectively.
14. IREDA sanctionedhow much crore loan to BluSmart Mobility?
A) Rs 247.67 cr
B) Rs 267.67 cr
C) Rs 257.67 cr
D) Rs 287.67 cr
E) Rs 237.67 cr
Answer: C) Rs 267.67 cr
- Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) has sanctioned aRs 267.67-crore loan to BluSmart Mobility for the purchase of 3,000 all-electric cars.
- BluSmart Mobility will use the fresh capital to purchase 3,000 all-electric cars to expand its EV fleet.
- From the sanctioned loan of Rs 267.67 crores, the first tranche of Rs 35.70 crores has been disbursed by IREDA.
- IREDA is to financing more EV projects to speed-up the progress of moving transportation to clean sources in the country.
- This is part of the company’s endeavour to help reduce emissions in the National Capital Region.
15. ICG Karaikalgot new Interceptor Boat. What is the name of the Boat?
A) ICGS C-436
B) ICGS C-412
C) ICGS C-424
D) ICGS C-448
E) ICGS C-462
Answer: A) ICGS C-436
- The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) Karaikal got an indigenously developed new Interceptor Boat ICGS C-436.
- The boat is rebased at Karaikal and will give a major fillip to the ICG operations in the vast coastline of Tamil Nadu and Puducherry.
- ICGS C-436 has complement of one Officer and 12 enrolled personnel.
- The ship will be deployed in the Area of Responsibility (AoR) of ICG Station Karaikal. ICGS C-436, Interceptor Boat (IB) is 36th boat of its series and was commissioned at its base port Krishnapatnam.
- The Interceptor Boat is 63 meters in length and has been designed and built indigenously.
- The Boat is fitted with state of art navigation and communication equipment.
- The sensors and machinery are capable of operating in tropical sea conditions, close coast surveillance.
- The boat is designed to carry one high speed inflatable boat for boarding operation, Search and Rescue, Law Enforcement and Maritime Patrol.
- The ship can attain a maximum speed of 45 knots and has an endurance of 500 nautical miles at 20 Kn of speed.
16. Which of the following state government was set up Sports Digital Experience Centre with Samsung India?
Answer: D) Manipur
- The Manipur government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Samsung Data System India Pvt. Ltd. and Abhitech IT Solutions Pvt. Ltd, for setting up a world class “Sports Digital Experience Centre” as a part of Manipur Olympian Park and at KhumanLampak Sports Complex.
- Manipur Olympians’ Park is being constructed at Sangaithel, where statues of the 19 Olympians will be installed as a mark of honour for their dedication in the field of games and sports.
- The Government was giving much emphasis on construction of Manipur Olympian Park so that younger generations and players could get motivated with the activities and achievements of the Olympians.
- Such initiatives will help in improving and enhancing the performance of sporting talents through latest technologies like sports analytics, virtual reality and mixed reality among others.
- It will also motivate younger generations to opt sports as a career.