Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
AUGUST – 30 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Alexander Kristoff wins opening stage of Tour de France. He is related to which country?
Answer: C) Norway
He is cyclist.
Capital : Oslo
Currency : Norwegian Krone
2. Who won Belgian Grand Prix?
A) Max Verstappen
B) Valtteri Bottas
C) Lewis Hamilton
D) Charles Leclerc
Answer: C) Lewis Hamilton
3. Ramdeo Rai passed away. He is related to which field?
Answer: B) Politician
Veteran Congress leader, multiple term Bihar MLA and former Lok Sabha member Ramdeo Rai passed away.
Capital : Patna
CM : Nitish Kumar
Governor : Phagu Chauhan
4. Author Randall Kenan passed away. He is related to which country?
D) New Zealand
Answer: B) USA
- His 1992 collection of short stories, Let the Dead Bury Their Dead, was set in the fictional town of Tim’s Creek, North Carolina.
- It received critical acclaim and was a finalist for the National Book Critics Circle Award.
- He also wrote a young adult biography of author James Baldwin.
5. Julia Reed passed away. She is related to which field?
B) Anti- apartheid
Answer: A) Chronicler
Julia Reed, who wrote about food and culture in the South and promoted her native Mississippi Delta, has died.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
6. The coffee table book titled ‘Lalit Bhasin – A Lifetime Dedicated to Law’ was released by eminent jurist Fali S Nariman. This book is published by which organization?
A) Simon & Schuster
B) Penguin Random House
C) Matrix Publishing Group
Answer: C) Matrix Publishing Group
He is senior lawyer and chairperson of the Society of Indian Law Firms (SILF).
7. The Government setup a 3-member committee as much as assessment the efficient utilization of the Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Companies (AFHQ CS) cadre. Who is head of this committee?
A) Lt. Gen. DB Sekar
B) Lt. Gen. DB Manokar
C) Lt. Gen. DB Shekatkar
D) Lt. Gen. DB Chandran
Answer: C) Lt. Gen. DB Shekatkar
8. Satyendra Singh first Divyang sportsperson of country to get prestigious Adventure Award. He is related to which sports?
A) Para swimmer
B) Para Shooter
C) Para Athletics
D) Para Wrestler
Answer: A) Para swimmer
- Para-swimmer Satyendra Singh Lohia of Madhya Pradesh is the first Divyanga Indian sportsperson of the country, who has been awarded today with the Tenzing Norgay Adventure Award.
- He is also the first Asian Divyang swimmer to cross the 42-kilometer Catalina Channel in the US in just 11 hours 34 minutes.
- Apart from Mr Lohia, Malkhamb trainer Yogesh Malaviya of MP has been awarded the Dronacharya Award.
9. Which place has won the water conservation award for excellence at the National Water Innovation Summit?
A) Kozhikode, Kerala
B) Kochi, Kerala
C) Azhappula. Kerala
Answer: D) Kattakkada,Kerala
The ‘Vattatha Uravakkayi Jalasamrudhi’ project for water conservation in the Kattakada constituency has won the award for excellence at the National Water Innovation Summit organised by Elets Technomedia Pvt. Ltd. in association with the Union Ministry of Jal Shakti. The award was presented for innovation in rainwater harvesting.
10. Which state government presented Biju Patnaik Sports Award to Para-athlete Jayanti Behera?
A) Andhra Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B) Odisha
- Para-athlete Jayanti Behera and hockey player Deep Grace Ekka received Biju Patnaik Sports Award for outstanding performance in sports and games.
- Biju Patnaik Bravery Award was received by Purnima Giri and Sabita Giri.
- Biju Patnaik Sports Award for excellence in coaching went to Satya Ranjan Patnaik.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
11. Who has developed a robot named WARBOT to protect doctors from COVID-19 patients?
A) Suresh Nath
B) Mahesh Nath
C) Harjeet Nath
D) Manoj Nath
Answer: C) Harjeet Nath
He is Tripura University scientist.
Capital : Agartala
CM : Biplab Kumar Deb
Governor : Ramesh Bais
12. Which country is withdrawing from multilateral Military Exercise Kavkaz 2020 to be held in Russia next month?
Answer: D) India
- India has announced that it is withdrawing from multilateral Military Exercise Kavkaz 2020 to be held in Russia next month.
- India had earlier planned to send around 150 Indian Army troops, 45 Indian Air Force personnel and a number of Navy officers to the multilateral military exercise to be held in the Astrakhan region in southern Russia from 15th to 26th September.
13. India and which country in discussion for Mission Alpha-like equipment for Gaganyaan astronauts?
Answer: C) France
Space agencies of India and France are in an advanced stage of discussions for providing necessary equipment to ‘Gaganyaan’ astronauts, similar to the one to be used by French astronaut Thomas Pesquet for Mission Alpha next year.
Capital : Paris
Currency : Euro
14. Which state government to pay Rs 20,000 to students who secured 75 percent in class 10 examination?
A) Uttar Pradesh
B) Andhra Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: C) Assam
Capital : Dispur
CM : Sarbananda Sonowal
Governor : Jagdish Mukhi
15. Union minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurated major bridge across Pranahita river in Maharashtra at a cost of Rs 168 crore. What is the length of that bridge?
A) 855 metre
B) 677 metre
C) 900 metre
D) 386 metre
Answer: A) 855 metre
- He also inaugurated were 855 metre major bridge across Pranahita river on NizamabadJagdalpur Road (NH 63) at a cost of Rs 168 crore.
- 630 metre high level bridge across the Indravati River near Patagudam on Nizamabad Jagdalpur Road (NH 63) at a cost of Rs 248 crore.
- 30 metre high level bridge near Lankachen on BejurpalliAheri Road.
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has approved 44 road projects of 541 kms length with an outlay of Rs 1,740 crore for Gadchiroli district.
Road Transport and Highways and Micro, Small and
Minister : Nitin Gadkari
Constituency : Nagpur. Maharashtra
Capital : Mumbai
CM : Udhav Thackarey