Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
AUGUST – 28 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Animator Joe Ruby passed away. He is co-creator of which kids show?
A) Star War Rebels
D) Tom and Cherry
Answer: C) Scooby-Doo
He is related to USA.
Capital : Washington D.C
Currency :US Dollar
2. Politician H. Vasanthakumar passed away. He is related to which state?
C) Andhra Pradesh
D) Tamil Nadu
Answer: D) Tamil Nadu
Congress MP and Businessman H. Vasanthakumar died of COVID-19.
3. Archana Mahanta passed away. She is related to which field?
D) Computer Pioneer
Answer: B) Singer
She is folk singer. She is related to Assam.
Capital : Dispur
CM : Sarbananda Sonowal
Governor : Jagdish Mukhi
4. According to a Global Ranking of Average Wages Report, what is the rank of India in this report?
Answer: C) 72
This Report is prepared by Picodi.com.
Total countries – 106
BANKING AND FINANCE
5. Which bank launches initiative named LLMS to digitize credit delivery system?
A) Bank of Baroda
B) Punjab National Bank
C) Bank of Maharashtra
D) Bank of India
Answer: C) Bank of Maharashtra
LLMS – Loan Lifecycle Management System
Bank of Maharashtra:
Hq: Pune, Maharashtra
CEO: A S Rajeev
Tagline : One Family One Bank
6. Which bank has won Brandon Hall Excellence Award for Best Learning Program supporting a Change Transformation Business Strategy?
A) Bank of Baroda
B) State Bank of India
C) Bank of Maharashtra
D) Canara Bank
Answer: B) State Bank of India
- SBI has got global recognition for its HR initiative ‘Nayi Disha’ which over the course of 1.5 years has touched more than 2.40 lakh employees.
- The bank has won three Brandon Hall Excellence Awards, also known as the Academy Awards of Learning & Development.
- SBI has won these awards in three categories viz. Best Learning Program supporting a Change Transformation Business Strategy, Best Use of Blended Learning and Best Unique or Innovative Learning and Development Program.
State Bank of India:
Capital : Mumbai, Maharashtra
Head : Rajnish Kumar
Tagline : With You all the way, Pure Banking Nothing Else,
The Nation Bank on Us, The Banker to Every Indian,
A Bank of the Common Man
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
7. Which Telescope of NASA has mapped the immense envelope of gas called a Halo, surrounding the Andromeda galaxy?
A) Hubble Space Telescope
B) Spitzer Space Telescope
C) James Webb Space Telescope
D) Nancy Grace Roman Space Telescope
Answer: A) Hubble Space Telescope
- In a landmark study, scientists using NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope have mapped the immense envelope of gas, called a halo, surrounding the Andromeda galaxy, our nearest large galactic neighbor.
- Scientists were surprised to find that this tenuous, nearly invisible halo of diffuse plasma extends 1.3 million light-years from the galaxy — about halfway to our Milky Way — and as far as 2 million light-years in some directions. This means that Andromeda’s halo is already bumping into the halo of our own galaxy.
8. Which IIT has developed a micro-needle, which is thinner than a human hair, and a micro-pump for injecting drugs to patients in a painless way?
A) IIT Madras
B) IIT Kanpur
C) IIT Kharagpur
D) IIT Mandi
Answer: C) IIT Kharagpur
9. Ankur Sinha develops app for tribal to register grievances with administration. He is related to which state?
A) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B) Chhattisgarh
App Name: “Guhaar”
Capital : Raipur
CM :Bhupesh Baghel
Governor :Anusuiya Uikey
10. Which country will unveil bronze statue of Dr Dwarkanath Kotnis for his contributions during WWII?
Answer: A) China
- A bronze statue of Indian doctor Dwarkanath Kotnis, who is revered in China for his contributions during the Chinese revolution headed by its founder Mao Zedong and the World War II, would be unveiled outside a medical school in North China next month.
- The bronze statue of Kotnis, known in China as Ke Dihua, would be formally unveiled at the medical school at Shijiazhuang in September.
11. Madhyathiruvithamkoor has been chosen for screening on the 42nd version of the Moscow International Film Festival to be held in October. Who directed the film?
A) Don Palathara
B) Manoj Palathara
C) Naga Palathara
D) Ashok Palathara
Answer: A) Don Palathara
The film, set round themes of migration and human-animal battle, is Don’s third work.
12. The Defence ministry to host the next edition of Aero India in which place?
A) Hyderabad, Telangana
B) Kolkata, West Bengal
C) Bangalore, Karnataka
D) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Answer: C) Bangalore, Karnataka
The defence ministry has taken an in-principle decision to host the next edition of Aero India — considered Asia’s largest aerospace exhibition — in its traditional venue of Bengaluru from February 3-5 next year notwithstanding the coronavirus pandemic.
Capital : Bengaluru
CM : B. S. Yeddyurappa
Governor : Vajubhai Vala
13. Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana completes 6 years. What is the overdraft amount under this yojana?
A) Rs. 5000
B) Rs. 10000
C) Rs. 15000
D) Rs. 20000
Answer: B) Rs. 10000
- It was formally launched on August 28, 2014.
- Under the PM Garib Kalyan Yojana, an amount of Rs 500 per month for three months (April’20 to June’20), was credited to the accounts of women account holders under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY).
14. Confederation of Indian Industry has established a new forum on artificial intelligence. It is chaired by whom?
A) Sundar Patel
B) Sandip Patel
C) Sakthi Patel
D) Sarath Patel
Answer: B) Sandip Patel
He is IBM’s India/South Asia Managing Director.
15. Durga Shanker Mishra launched the PM Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi, PM SVANidhi online dashboard through video conferencing. He is Secretary of which Ministry?
A) Home Ministry
B) Finance Ministry
C) Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry
D) Education Ministry
Answer: C) Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry
The online dashboard is dynamic, interactive and will provide a one stop solution to all stakeholders looking for information and tracking monitoring of progress of PM SVANidhi up to city level.
Housing and Urban Affairs, Civil Aviation:
Minister : Hardeep Singh Puri
Constituency : Rajaya sabha MP, Uttar Pradesh
16. Which state to set up India’s first International Women’s Trade Centre?
A) Madhya Pradesh
B) Tamil Nadu
Answer: D) Kerala
Capital : Thiruvananthapuram
CM : Pinarayi Vijayan
Governor : Arif Mohammed Khan
17. Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad launched Next Generation Startup Challenge Contest to further boost startups and software products with special focus on Tier-II towns of India. What is the name of that contest?
Answer: B) “Chunauti”
- It aims to identify around 300 startups working in identified areas and provide them seed fund of upto Rs. 25 Lakh and other facilities
- Union Minister also laid foundation stone of the digital training and skilling center of National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) at Muzaffarpur in Bihar.
- This center will be developed by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India at a cost of Rs. 9.17 Crore.
Law and Justice, Communications and Electronics and Information Technology:
Minister : Ravi Shankar Prasad
Constituency :Patna Sahib, Bihar
18. Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan will inaugurate state’s first marine ambulance. What is the name of that ambulance?
Answer: A) Pratheeksha
- The floating out ceremony of two other ambulances — Prathyasa and Karunya — will he held on the occasion
- Pratheeksha will be stationed at Vizhinjam in Thiruvananthapuram, Prathyasa and Karunya will be stationed at Vypeen and Beypore in Kozhikode.