Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
AUGUST – 27 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan announced retirement. They are related to which sports?
C) Volley Ball
D) Table Tennis
Answer: B) Tennis
- The Bryans, 42, captured a professional era record 119 titles together, including 16 Grand Slams, 39 ATP Masters 1000s and the ATP Finals title four times.
- They are related to USA.
- UK Record-breaker Gareth Barry retires from football.
2. Which country will host 2027 Asian Cup?
Answer: B) Qatar
Asian Cup is related to Football. China will host the next edition in 2023.
Capital : Doha
Currency : Riyal
3. Arnold Spielberg passed away. He is related to which country?
C) New Zealand
Answer: A) USA
Arnold Spielberg, father of filmmaker Steven Spielberg and an innovating engineer whose work helped make the personal computer possible, has died Spielberg and Charles Propster designed the GE-225 mainframe computer in the late 1950s while working for General Electric. The machine allowed computer scientists at Dartmouth College to develop the programming language BASIC, which would be essential to the rise of personal computers in the 1970s and ’80s.
Capital : Washington D.C
Currency :US Dollar
4. AR Lakshmanan passed away. He is related to which field?
Answer: C) Judge
- He is related to Tamil Nadu.
- Justice Lakshmanan served at the Supreme Court from December 20, 2002 to March 21, 2007. Before his elevation, he was a judge at the Madras High Court and the Kerala High Court. He also served as Chief Justice of the Andhra Pradesh and Rajasthan High Courts.
- Post-retirement, he was appointed Chairman of the Eighteenth Law Commission of India.
Capital : Chennai
CM : Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Governor : Banwarilal Purohit
BANKING AND FINANCE
5. Which Insurance company has launched a new technology service called ‘Smart Assist’ that provides real-time assistance to customers?
A) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
B) Aegon Life Insurance
C) SBI Life Insurance
D) Bharti AXA Life Insurance
Answer: A) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance:
Hq: Pune, Maharashtra
MD & CEO : Tarun Chugh
6. Which bank a strategic partnership with Adobe to enhance the digital experience journey of its customers?
A) ICICI Bank
B) HDFC Bank
C) Bandhan Bank
D) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
Answer: B) HDFC Bank
HDFC Bank has leveraged digital technology to curate seamless journeys for customers with innovative offerings such as 10- second personal loans, Zip Drive and Zip Ride for four and two-wheelers loans, Insta Account, and more. Its partnership with Adobe, will help it to aim further in enhancing its customers’ digital experiences.
Hq: Mumbai , Maharashtra
Tagline : We Understand Your World
CEO :Sashidhar Jagdishan
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
7. Flipkart signs MoU with which state government to promote local art, craft and handlooms?
Answer: D) Assam
Capital : Dispur
CM : Sarbananda Sonowal
Governor : Jagdish Mukhi
Hq :Bengaluru, Karnataka
CEO : Kalyan Krishnamurthy
8. According to a white paper, the e-commerce retail market is expected to cross the $100-billion mark by which year?
Answer: B) 2024
The e-commerce retail market, which stood at $30 billion in 2019, is expected to cross the $100-billion mark by 2024, driven by an increasing set of suppliers selling online and change in buying behaviour of consumers.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
9. A book named ‘Cricket Drona’ is renowned whom?
A) Vijay Paranjape
B) Vinesh Paranjape
C) Vasoo Paranjape
D) Vikram Paranjape
Answer: C) Vasoo Paranjape
The book published by Penguin has been co-authored by Paranjape’s son, former India player and current national selector Jatin along with cricket journalist Anand Vasu.
10. Akinwumi A. Adesina has been re-elected President of the African Development Bank for next how many years?
Answer: B) 5
African Development Bank:
Headquarters: Tunis, Tunisia
President : Akinwumi Adesina
11. The central government has set up an expert committee to redefine the role of DRDO for the current and futuristic Defence and battlefield scenarios. Who is head of this committee?
A) V. Ravi Rao
B) V. Ramesh Rao
C) V. Ramagopal Rao
D) V. Raj Rao
Answer: C) V. Ramagopal Rao
Hq : New Delhi
Chairman : G. Satheesh Reddy
12. Marieke Lucas Rijneveld has become the youngest author to win the International Booker Prize for which book?
A) The Testaments
B) A Brief History of Seven Killings
C) The Narrow Road to the Deep North
D) The Discomfort of Evening
Answer: D) The Discomfort of Evening
13. Which Ministry launched the national GIS-enabled land bank system which will help investors to get real-time information about the availability of industrial land and resources?
A) Home Ministry
B) Finance Ministry
C) Commerce and Industry Ministry
D) Women and Child Development Ministry
Answer: C) Commerce and Industry Ministry
Railways and Commerce and Industry:
Minister : Piyush Goyal
Constituency : Rajya Sabha MP,Maharashtra
14. Which state/UT has celebrated first “Martyrs Day” on August 27?
A) Jammu and Kashmir
Answer: B) Ladakh
Ladakh has observed the first Martyrs Day today, after becoming a Union Territory. In a low key programme organized by the Ladakh Buddhist Association, at Martyrs Memorial in Leh, senior leaders of various political parties paid homage to martyrs who laid down their lives in the agitations for Scheduled Tribes status, and Union Territory status to Ladakh.
Capital : Ladakh
Lt Governor : Radha Krishna Mathur
15. Indian Railways is set to meet all it’s energy needs of more than 33 billion units by which Year?
Answer: C) 2030
Railways and Commerce and Industry:
Minister : Piyush Goyal
Constituency: Rajya Sabha MP, Maharashtra
16. Which Ministry launched the Directorate General National Cadet Corps (DGNCC) Mobile Training App will assist in conducting countrywide online training of NCC cadets?
A) Defence Minisry
B) Home Ministry
C) Finance Ministry
D) Commerce and Industry Ministry
Answer: A) Defence Minisry
Ministry of Defence:
Minister : Rajnath Singh
Constituency : Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
17. Which state government inaugurated and laid foundation stones for 30 different schemes of irrigation and flood protection worth Rs 1469.73 crore?
A) Uttar Pradesh
D) West Bengal
Answer: B) Bihar
Capital : Patna
CM : Nitish Kumar
Governor : Phagu Chauhan