Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
AUGUST – 16 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Which state/UT celebrates 59th anniversary of the “De-Jure”day on August 16?
D) Jammu and Kashmir
Answer: A) Puducherry
CM : V Narayanasamy
Governor : Kiran Bedi
2. Chetan Chauhan passed away. He is related to which sports?
D) Base Ball
Answer: B) Cricket
He was also a cabinet minister in Uttar Pradesh government.
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel
3. Robert Trump passed away. He is related to which field?
Answer: C) Businessman
Capital : Washington D.C
Currency :US Dollar
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
4. “The Greatest Secret” is authored by whom?
A) John Byrne
B) Michel Byrne
C) Rhonda Byrne
D) Rock Byrne
Answer: C) Rhonda Byrne
- Rhonda Byrne, the famed author of ‘The Secret‘ is coming out with a new book in November. Titled The Greatest Secret.
- It will be published by Thorsons in the UK and across all HarperCollins locations in India, Australia, Canada among other places.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
5. Which IIIT and Samarkand State University, Uzbekistan sign an agreement to collaborate in several fields especially in interdisciplinary areas of research and studies?
A) IIIT Kanpur
B) IIIT Mandi
C) IIIT Allahabad
D) IIIT Kolkata
Answer: C) IIIT Allahabad
6. Which country signed a “Strategic Commercial Agreement” with Israel to cooperate on research and development related to Covid-19?
B) New Zealand
Answer: A) UAE
The Emirati APEX National Investment company signed a “strategic commercial agreement” with Israel’s Tera Group to cooperate on research and development related to Covid-19, including a testing device.
Capital : Abu Dhabi
Currency : UAE Dirham
Capital : Jerusalem
Currency : Israeli new shekel
7. Which Armed Forces has launched a ‘fit India freedom run’ at all its border posts?
A) Indain Army
Answer: D) ITBP
8. Which company has developed an infrastructure at Rihand project in Uttar Pradesh to transport fly ash in bulk to cement plants at a cheaper cost?
Answer: D) NTPC
9. The Gwalior-Chambal Expressway will be named as which name?
A) Atal Bihari Vajpayee Chambal Progressway
B) Narendra Modi Chambal Progressway
C) Sushma Swaraj Chambal Progressway
D) Rajnath Singh Chambal Progressway
Answer: A) Atal Bihari Vajpayee Chambal Progressway
10. Which state government launched Padhai Tuhar Para scheme to teach children with the help of community in their localities and villages?
C) West Bengal
Answer: B) Chhattisgarh
- The online education platform ‘Padhai Tunhar Duar’ scheme launched by the state government earlier during the lockdown yielded better results and around 22 lakh children are getting its benefit.
- ‘Padhai Tuhar Para’ scheme to teach children with the help of community in their localities and villages.
- A Bluetooth-based programme ‘Bultu Ke Bol’ will be introduced for providing study materials to students in remote areas who do not have access to internet facility.
- ‘Mukhyamantri Slum Swasthya Yojana’ will be launched in urban areas under which people will be provided health facilities at their doorstep through 70 mobile medical units in all the 14 municipal corporations.
11. According to the Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu, India must be Aatmanirbhar in every sense of the word by which year?
Answer: B) 2022
12. Manipur state government launched Major Laishram Jotin Singh ex-gratia scheme for residents killed while serving in central forces. Under this scheme, How much amount given to that families?
A) Rs. 2 Lakh
B) Rs. 3 lakh
C) Rs. 5 lakh
D) Rs. 12 lakh
Answer: C) Rs. 5 lakh
- Manipur chief minister Nongthombam Biren Singh announced an ex-gratia scheme of Rs 5 lakh for the families of those killed in the line of duty while serving in the Indian Army and paramilitary forces.
- The new scheme is called Major Laishram Jotin Singh ex-gratia scheme.
- The scheme for the state’s residents has been named after Major Laishram Jotin Singh, a doctor with the Indian Army from Manipur, who died in fighting a suicide bomber in Kabul on February 26, 2010.
- He was also conferred the country’s highest peacetime gallantry medal, Ashok Chakra, posthumously in 2011.
Capital : Imphal
CM: N. Biren Singh
Governor : Najma Heptulla
13. Who announces unique health ID for every Indian citizen?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Nirmala Sitharaman
C) Ram nath kovind
D) Amit Shah
Answer: A) Narendra Modi