Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
AUGUST – 15 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. MS Dhoni (Thala) has announced his retirement from International Cricket. Which of the following is not an award received by MS Dhoni?
A) Padma Bhushan.
B) Arjuna Award
C) Rajiv Khel ratna award
D) Padma Shri award
Answer: B) Arjuna Award
- Suresh Raina Announces Retirement From International Cricket.
- Former Scotland captain John Barclay has announced his retirement from rugby union.
All India Football Federation:
President: Praful Patel
2. AIFF, which organization join hands to launch E-Pathshala to recognize the creativity and develop interest in football?
Answer: A) SAI
BANKING AND FINANCE
3. Which bank launched a campaign named “DIGITAL APNAYEN” to encourage customers to use digital banking channels?
Answer: C) PNB
The bank will contribute Rs 5 towards the PM CARES Fund on behalf of each customer conducting the first financial transaction to activate their RuPay Debit card either on point of sale (PoS) or e-commerce platform.
Punjab National Bank:
HQ: New Delhi
MD & CEO: Sunil Mehta
Tagline: The Name You Can Bank Upon
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
4. A book named “Full Spectrum: India’s Wars, 1972-2020” is authored by whom?
A) Arjun Sandhosh
B) Arjun Subramaniam
C) Arjun Saravanan
D) Arjun Sundaram
Answer: B) Arjun Subramaniam
He is retired Air Vice Marshal.
5. Tamil Nadu State government constituted a 12-member State-level committee to look into all aspects of the draft Environment Impact Assessment Notification 2020 issued by the Centre. Who is head of this committee?
A) Dr.Sandeep Saxena
B) Dr.Saravanan Saxena
C) Dr.Sanmugam Saxena
D) Dr.Sandhosh Saxena
Answer: A) Dr.Sandeep Saxena
CM: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
6. Who won Tamil Nadu Chief Minister’s special award?
A) Soumya Swaminathan
B) Janani Swaminathan
C) Bavana Swaminathan
D) Yogi Swaminathan
Answer: A) Soumya Swaminathan
She is Chief Scientist of World Health Organisation.
The Kalpana Chawla Awards for,
1. Senthamizh Selvi
To saved two youth who were about to drown by using their sarees.
7. Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao honoured Tirunagari Ramanujam with the Dasaradhi Award for 2020. He is related to which field?
Answer: B) Poet
CM: K. Chandrashekar Rao
Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
8. Which startup has developed a fabric, which it has made an affordable self-disinfecting mask that is effective against the Covid-19 virus?
A) Inflation Shield Technologies
B) Innovation Shield Technologies
C) Infection Shield Technologies
D) Inclusion Shield Technologies
Answer: C) Infection Shield Technologies
Infection Shield Technologies—Bangaluru based Startup.
9. Chandrayaan-2 captures image of crater on Moon. One of the craters has been named as ___________?
A) ‘Mahatma Crater’
B) ‘Nehru Crater’
C) ‘Sarabhai Crater’
D) ‘Bharathi Crater’
Answer: C) ‘Sarabhai Crater’
- It has a depth of around 1.7 kilometres taken from its raise.
- Chandryaan-2 has captured images of the Moon and one of the craters has been named after Vikram Sarabhai, the father of the Indian space programme.
- The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has sought to pay tribute to him in a special way by announcing that Chandrayaan-2 Orbiter has captured the Moon images of ‘Sarabhai Crater’.
- The Sarabhai Crater is around 250 to 300 kilometres east of the crater where the Apollo 17 and Luna 21 Missions had landed.
10. IIT Kharagpur have developed an e-classroom software for teachers. What is the name of that software?
Answer: D) DEEKSHAK
11. The United Nations launched how much amount to help Lebanese people affected by the explosion at Beirut’s port with immediate humanitarian assistance and initial recovery efforts?
A) $465 million
B) $665 million
C) $565 million
D) $365 million
Answer: C) $565 million
UN launches $565 million appeal for Beirut’s blast victims.
Currency: Lebanese Pound
12. An anti-drone system developed by which organization was deployed near the Red Fort?
Answer: C) DRDO
The DRDO-developed system can detect and jam micro drones up to 3 kilometres and use laser to bring down a target up to 1-2.5 kilometres depending on the wattage of laser weapon.
Hq: New Delhi
Chairman: G. Satheesh Reddy
13. Which organization in collaboration with NASSCOM launched an artificial intelligence-based module for school students to empower youngest minds and drive innovations in the country to the next level?
D) Niti Aayog
Answer: D) Niti Aayog
Hq: New Delhi
CEO: Amitabh Kant
14. Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment launches a campaign in J&K to curb the menace of Drug Addiction in the society. What is the name of that campaign?
A) ‘Yuva-Mukt Bharat’
B) ‘Nasha-Mukt Bharat’
C) ‘Atmanibar-Mukt Bharat’
D) ‘Swachh-Mukt Bharat’
Answer: B) ‘Nasha-Mukt Bharat’
Social Justice and Empowerment:
Minister: Thawar Chand Gehlot
Costituency: Rajya Sabha MP, Madhya Pradesh
Jammu and Kashmir:
Capital: Srinagar (summer), Jammu (winter)
Governor: Manoj Sinha
15. Which state government launched a single window e-commerce platform named Yellow Chain developed to promote local business and entrepreneurship in the State?
B) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: D) Nagaland
CM: Neiphiu Rio
Governor: R N Ravi
16. Chief Minister Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhan unveils statue of Bharat Mata at Shourya Smarak of Bhopal. What is the height of that statue?
A) 33 feet
B) 37 feet
C) 35 feet
D) 39 feet
Answer: B) 37 feet
CM: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor: Anandiben Patel
17. Who announces ‘Project Dolphin’ for conservation of Dolphins?
A) Ram Nath Kovind
B) Narendra Modi
C) Amit Shah
D) Nirmala Sitharaman
Answer: B) Narendra Modi
He also launched the National Digital Health Mission. The initiative which is completely technology based will revolutionize the health sector in India.
18. Which state government partners with Pennsylvania in teachers, police training?
C) Tamil Nadu
D) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: B) Karnataka
Currency: Pennsylvania Pound
CM: B. S. Yeddyurappa
Governor: Vajubhai Vala