Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 6 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. International Day of Conscience is observed on which date?
A) April 5
B) April 3
C) April 5
D) April 7
E) April 1
Answer: A) April 5
- International Day of Conscience is celebrated all around the world on April 5th.
- The United Nations is conscious of the need for the creation of conditions of stability and well-being and peaceful and friendly relations throughout the world.
- The UN General Assembly declared April 5 as the International Day of Conscience.
International Day of Conscience history:
- A global campaign was launched by the Federation of World Peace and Love to declare the International Day of Conscience at the United Nations on February 5, 2019.
- Then, the UN General Assembly adopted the draft resolution set forth by the Kingdom of Bahrain called ‘Promoting the Culture of Peace with Love and Conscience’ on July 25, 2019.
International Day of Sport for Development and Peace:
- International Day of Sport for Development and Peace is observed on April 6.
Date & History:
- As mentioned above, the iconic day is celebrated on April 6 annually.
- The day came into effect after UNESCO’s resolution was passed at the UN General Assembly in August 2013.
- Hence, the year 2021 observes the eighth International Day of Sport and Development and Peace.
- In their resolution 67/296, UNESCO gave a call out to governments, sporting bodies, civil society, private sector and NGOs to come under one platform and observe and raise awareness about the importance of sports.
2. Which country will not participate in the Tokyo Olympics 2021 to protect its athletes amid the coronavirus pandemic?
C) South Korea
E) North Korea
Answer: E) North Korea
Currency: North Korean won
President: Kim Jong-un
North Korea – Not to participate in Tokyo Olympics.
3. Who is topped in the list of 35th Forbes’ annual world’s billionaires list?
A) Mark Zuckerberg
B) Bill Gates
C) Elon Musk
D) Bernard Arnault
E) Jeff Bezos
Answer: E) Jeff Bezos
Forbes’ 35th Annual World’s Billionaires List: Facts and Figures 2021
- The Number of Billionaires on Forbes’ 35th Annual List of the world’s wealthiest exploded to an Unprecedented 2,755 – 660 More than a Year ago.
- Altogether they are worth $13.1 Trillion ,from $ 8 Trillion on 2020 List.
Highest Number of Bilionaires in the World:
|Rank||Name||Net Worth||Source of Wealth||Residence|
|1||Jeff Bezos||$177 BILLION||AMAZON||SEATTLE|
|2||Elon Musk||$151 BILLION||TESLA, SPACEX||AUSTIN, TEXAS|
|3||Bernard Arnault||$150 BILLION||LUXURY GOODS||PARIS|
|4||Bill Gates||$124 BILLION||MICROSOFT||MEDINA, WASHINGTON|
|5||Mark Zuckerberg||$97 BILLION||PALO ALTO, CALIFORNIA|
|10||Mukesh Ambani||$84.5 BILLION||DIVERSIFIED||MUMBAI, INDIA|
- Forbes’ India’s 5 Richest Billionaires List 2021:
|1||Mukesh Ambani||$ 84.5 Billion||Chairman of Reliance Industries|
|2||Gautam Adani||$ 50.5 Billion||Chairman of Adani Group|
|3||Shiv Nadar||$ 23.5 Billion||Founder of HCL|
|4||RadhaKishan Damani||$ 16.5 Billion||Founder of D-Mart|
|5||Uday Kotak||$ 15.9 Billion||MD of Kotak Mahindra Bank|
- Forbes’ 2021- world’s richest women Billionaires list
|RANK||WORLD RANK||NAME||MAIN INDUSTRY||NET WORTH||COUNTRY|
|1||13||Francoise Bettencourt Meyers & Family||L’Oreal||$ 73.6 Billion||France|
|2||15||Alice Walton||Walmart||$ 61.8 Billion||USA|
|3||22||Mekenzie Scott||Amazon||$ 53 Billion||USA|
- Features 328 Women, up more than 36 % from 2020 list, including a new world’s Youngest Self-made Woman Billionaire.
- Whitney wolfe Herd, World’s youngest self-made woman Billionaire. She is one of the 63 Women who joined forbs’ billionaire list for the 1st time in 2021.
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. Which payment app partners with FlexiLoans to offer MSMEs collateral-free term loans?
A) Amazon Pay
Answer: E) PayPal
- PayPal entered into a partnership with FlexiLoans to provide freelancers, women entrepreneurs, sole proprietors, and MSME’s with collateral-free business loans. PayPal with FlexiLoans will aim to offer MSME’s with working capital for business expansion, purchasing stock, inventory, and other business-related expenditures.
- The partnership aligns with PayPal’s mission to provide innovative credit solutions and will enable borrowers to access term loans from Rs 50,000 upto Rs 10,000,000 that requires minimum documentation to merchants across 1500 cities and towns in India.
- The loans are currently available to 10,000 PayPal merchants.
PayPal Holdings, Inc.:
Founded: December 1998, Palo Alto, California, United States
CEO: Dan Schulman
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
PayPal + FlexiLoans – Offer MSMEs collateral-free term loans.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
5. Which e-commerce platform partners with Mahindra Logistics to accelerate use of EVs?
Answer: B) Flipkart
- Walmart-owned Flipkart has partnered with Mahindra Logistics to accelerate use of electric vehicles in last mile delivery and will deploy over 25,000 EVs in the fleet by 2030.
- The Mahindra Group’s logistics arm has already launched an electric last mile delivery service – EDEL – in six cities and has partnered with companies in consumer and e-commerce space to provide such services.
- Flipkart has already partnered with many OEMs and introduced two and three-wheeler electric vehicles in its supply chain.
Hq: Bengaluru, Karnataka
CEO: Kalyan Krishnamurthy
Flipkart + Mahindra Logistics – Accelerate use of EVs
6. Who is appointed as new secretary for DEA?
A) Tarun Bajaj
B) Ajay Seth
C) Gyanesh Kumar
D) Indevar Pandey
E) Ali Raza Rizvi
Answer: B) Ajay Seth
- In a major bureaucratic reshuffle, the union government approved the appointment of Tarun Bajaj as new revenue secretary under the Ministry of Finance.
- Tarun Bajaj took additional charge of Secretary, Department of Revenue, after the superannuation of Ajay Bhushan Pandey.
- The appointment committee of the cabinet has also approved the appointment of Ajay Seth, a 1987 batch Karnataka-cadre IAS officer, as new secretary for DEA
Gyanesh Kumar, additional secretary in the Department of Home, has been appointed as secretary in the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs upon superannuation of R S Shukla
Ali Raza Rizvi, special secretary and financial adviser in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, will be secretary in the Department of Public Enterprises.
- Indevar Pandey, a 1988-batch IAS officer of the West Bengal cadre, has been appointed secretary in the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances.
- Pandey is currently special secretary in the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region.
- Anjali Bhawra has been appointed secretary in the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- She is at present working as special secretary in the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
Jatindra Nath Swain will be secretary in the Department of Fisheries.
- Swain, a 1988-batch IAS officer of the Tamil Nadu cadre, is managing director at the Solar Energy Corporation of India Ltd.
- Anil Kumar Jha special secretary in the Department of Revenue has been appointed as secretary in the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
Ajay Seth – New secretary for DEA.
7. Justice Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana was appointed as ____ Chief Justice of India?
Answer: E) 48th
- Senior-most Supreme Court judge Justice Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana was appointed as the next Chief Justice of India.
- Justice Ramana would take over as the 48th CJI on April 24 after incumbent CJI S A Bobde.
- He was appointed as a permanent judge of the Andhra Pradesh High Court on June 27, 2000 and functioned as acting Chief Justice of the Andhra Pradesh High Court from March 10, 2013 to May 20, 2013.
- Justice Ramana was elevated as the Chief Justice of Delhi High Court on September 2, 2013 and was appointed as a Judge of the Supreme Court on February 17, 2014.
- A five-judge constitution bench headed by Justice Ramana had in March last year declined to refer to a larger seven-judge bench a batch of pleas challenging the constitutional validity of the Centre’s decision to abrogate provisions of Article 370.
Justice N V Ramana – 48th Chief Justice of India
8. Poonam Gupta is appointed as next Director-General of National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER). She served as Economist in which organisation?
E) World Bank
Answer: E) World Bank
- National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER) said it has appointed the World Bank’s lead economist Poonam Gupta as its next Director-General.
- Prior to joining the World Bank in 2013, Gupta was the Reserve Bank of India Chair Professor at NIPFP, and a Professor of Macroeconomics at ICRIER.
- Gupta, the first woman Director General of NCAER, will succeed Shekhar Shah who has led NCAER since 2011 and will complete his second five-year term in early May.
Poonam Gupta – Director-General of National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER) – succeed Shekhar Shah.
9. Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has sanctioned four projects of how many km worth ₹1,139.12 crore for Arunachal Pradesh during 2020-21?
Answer: E) 52.4-km
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has sanctioned four projects of 52.4-km worth ₹1,139.12 crore for Arunachal Pradesh during 2020-21, tweeted the Minister Nitin Gadkari.
- Also, the Ministry has sanctioned 195.6-km of National Highways at a cost of ₹1,005.38 Crore in Telangana for 2020-21.
- All the Arunachal Pradesh projects will be undertaken on engineering procurement mode, which means the projects will be done on a fully government-funded basis.
- The projects include two packages relating to four-laning of Itanagar to Banderdewa stretch (with a budget ₹496.47 crore and ₹437.6 crore); widening of existing two-lane with paved shoulder from Hukanjuri to Khonsa (with a budget ₹182.55 crore), four-laning of Holongi to Itanagar section (₹22.5 crore).
- Also, the Ministry has sanctioned 195.6 km of National Highways at a cost of ₹1,005.38 Crore in Telangana.
- This includes land acquisition for rehabilitation and upgradation of two-lane with paved shoulder on Nizampet–Bidar road for ₹27.79 crore, rehabilitation and upgradation of Nakrekal to Nagarjunasagar, improvement of road safety by providing vehicular underpass and service roads on Hyderabad-Bangalore section at ₹21.16 crore, improvements and widening the Hyderabad-Bhoopalapatnam section to six lane with drains for ₹48.32 crore, rehabilitation and upgradation of LB Nagar to Malkapur section to six-lane main carriageway with service road, drains, and road safety at a cost of ₹545.11 crore, among others.
Road Transport and Highways and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises:
Minister: Nitin Gadkari
Constituency: Nagpur. Maharashtra
CM: Pema Khandu
Governor: B.D. Mishra
CM: K. Chandrashekar Rao
Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
Ministry of Road Transport and Highways – Four projects of 52.4-km worth ₹1,139.12 crore for Arunachal Pradesh during 2020-21.
10. Which UT launches “Hamari Sadak” & “Tameer Taraqqi” Mobile Apps?
E) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: E) Jammu & Kashmir
- Taking a major leap towards strengthening the e-Governance structure and bringing transparency in the system, Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor, Manoj Sinha launched JK Public Works- Online Management, Monitoring and Accounting System (JKPW-OMMAS), besides two apps- “Hamari Sadak” & “Tameer Taraqqi” of J&K Public Works (R&B) department.
- The online initiatives have been developed through Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) and J&K e-Governance agency, IT department and shall facilitate Complete Online Management and Monitoring of infrastructure with following functionalities: GIS enabled Infrastructure Management System, Geo Tracking of Roads, Online Searching of Infrastructure (Locate on Map), Addition of new Infrastructure with GIS information, Draw Road with Open Street Map and dynamic Update of Infrastructure.
- It will also enable Complete Automation of Human Resource Activities viz. Online Employee Details, Online Seniority List, Online APR, Addition of New Employee, besides Online Update of Employee Information.
Jammu and Kashmir:
Capital: Srinagar(summer), Jammu(winter)
Governor: Manoj Sinha
J & K – “Hamari Sadak” & “Tameer Taraqqi” Mobile Apps.
11. Which state launches ‘Swasthya Agrah’ to check coronavirus?
D) Madhya Pradesh
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: D) Madhya Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan launched the “Swasthya Agrah” (health request) and urged the people to follow COVID-19 appropriate behaviour to stem the spread of the contagion.
- The Chief Minister started the ‘Swasthya Agrah’ at the Minto Hall in Bhopal at 1230 hrs and during his 24-hour ‘sit-in’, he will interact with people online and conduct his official work from the venue.
CM: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor: Anandiben Patel
Madhya Pradesh – ‘Swasthya Agrah’ to check coronavirus.
12. CBSE signs MoU with which organization to enhance skills of teachers, students?
Answer: E) AICTE
- The Central Board of Secondary Education signed a memorandum of understanding with the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) to train and enhance the skills of teachers and students of the CBSE affiliated schools.
CBSE + AICTE – Enhance skills of teachers, students.
13. Which country hosted a Meeting of BRICS Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors virtually?
B) South Africa
Answer: E) India
- India hosted a Meeting of BRICS Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors virtually.
The meeting was jointly Chaired by Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs, Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman and Governor, Reserve Bank of India, Shri. Shaktikanta Das. Participants included Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors of the BRICS countries.
- As 2021 BRICS Chair, India’s approach is focused on strengthening intra-BRICS cooperation based on Continuity, Consolidation and Consensus.
- This was the first meeting of the BRICS Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors under India Chairship in 2021. BRICS Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors discussed financial cooperation agenda set by India for 2021 – Global Economic Outlook and Response to COVID-19 pandemic, New Development Bank (NDB) Activities, Social Infrastructure Financing and Use of Digital Technologies, Cooperation on Customs related issues, IMF reforms, Fintech for SMEs and Financial Inclusion, BRICS Rapid Information Security channel and BRICS Bond Fund.
- On the BRICS priorities and agenda for 2021, Finance Minister Smt. Sitharaman informed that the efforts should be made towards delivering outcomes that reflects the needs and aspirations of BRICS in particular and emerging markets and developing economies in general.
India – First Meeting of BRICS Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors.