Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 30 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. Arun Kumar Singh passed away. He was Chief Secretary of which state?
C) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: E) Bihar
- Bihar Chief Secretary Arun Kumar Singh died of COVID in a private hospital.
- He was appointed as the Chief Secretary after retirement of his predecessor
Deepak Kumar on February 28.
- A 1985 batch IAS officer, Singh was slated to retire in August end.
National Award-winning film-maker KV Anand passes away at 54 due to cardiac arrest:
- K V Anand, noted Tamil film director and cinematographer died due to cardiac arrest.
- Anand began his career as a cinematographer in Malayalam movie ‘Thenmavin Kombath’ in 1994 and following a decade of work as a cinematographer he made his directorial debut in Tamil flick ‘Kana Kanden’ (2005).
- ‘Thenmavin Kombath’ bagged the National Award (Best Cinematography) for Anand.
CM: Nitish Kumar
Governor: Phagu Chauhan
Arun Kumar Singh – Bihar Chief Secretary.
2. According to the Brand Finance Insurance 100 2021, what is the rank of LIC in the list?
Answer: A) 10
|1||PingAn Insurance of China|
|2||China Life Insurance|
|10||LIC of India|
BANKING AND FINANCE
3. Which organisation launches SHWAS & AROG for COVID preparedness?
Answer: A) SIDBI
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), the principal financial institution engaged in the promotion, financing and development of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), has launched SHWAS (SIDBI assistance to Healthcare sector in War Against Second wave of COVID19) and AROG (SIDBI Assistance to MSMEs for Recovery & Organic Growth during COVID19 pandemic), two new quick credit delivery schemes.
- The schemes are devised under the guidance from the Union Government which facilitates funding for production and services related to supply of oxygen cylinders, oxygen concentrators, oximeters and essential drugs.
Small Industries Development Bank of India:
Founded: 2 April 1990
Agency executive: Siva S Ramann, IAS, (Chairman & MD);
SIDBI – SHWAS & AROG for COVID preparedness.
ACQUISITIONS AND MERGERS
4. IBM to acquire US-based enterprise software firm Turbonomic for up to how much amount?
A) $4 billion
B) $3 billion
C) $2 billion
D) $1 billion
E) $5 billion
Answer: C) $2 billion
- Tech giant IBM has announced to acquire US-based enterprise software company Turbonomic, a deal that according to media reports could be worth up to $2 billion.
Manipal Hospitals completes acquisition of Columbia Asia:
- Manipal Hospitals completed the acquisition of Columbia Asia hospitals in a ₹2,100 crore deal.
International Business Machines Corporation:
CEO: Arvind Krishna
Founded: 16 June 1911, Endicott, New York, United States
Headquarters: Armonk, New York, United States
IBM – Acquire US-based enterprise software firm Turbonomic for up to $2 bn.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
5. “Philip Roth: The Biography and The Splendid Things We Planned” is authored by whom?
A) Blue Bailey
B) Blake Bailey
C) James Bailey
D) John Bailey
E) Jackson Bailey
Answer: B) Blake Bailey
“Philip Roth: The Biography and The Splendid Things We Planned” – Authored by Blake Bailey.
6. Who is appointed as MD of Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance Company Limited?
A) Sathish Balasubramanian
B) Nagaraj Balasubramanian
C) Mahesh Balasubramanian
D) Mukesh Balasubramanian
E) Krishna Balasubramanian
Answer: C) Mahesh Balasubramanian
- Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance Company Limited (KLI) said it has appointed Mahesh Balasubramanian as managing director of the company.
- He has been appointed following the retirement of G Murlidhar.
- The appointment is for a period of three years.
Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance Company Limited:
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD – Mahesh Balasubramanian
Mahesh Balasubramanian – MD of Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance Company Limited.
7. Who was awarded the ‘ATS Public Service Award-2021’ by the American Thoracic Society?
A) Devan Behera
B) Digambar Behera
C) Dinesh Behera
D) Dhanush Behera
E) Dravid Behera
Answer: B) Digambar Behera
- Professor Digambar Behera, Senior Professor and Head, Department of Pulmonary Medicine at PGIMER, was awarded the ‘ATS Public Service Award-2021’ by the American Thoracic Society.
- The public service award recognizes contributions to public health related to improvement of indoor and outdoor air quality, eradication of tobacco usage, prevention of lung disease, improved management of communicable respiratory diseases, and access to healthcare in areas related to lung diseases, sleep disorders, or critical care.
- Based on his contributions in the field of medicine he was awarded the Padma Shri in 2020.
PGIMER Prof Digambar Behera – ATS Public Service Award.
8. Which state govt launches Corona Warriors Scheme?
A) Madhya Pradesh
C) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A) Madhya Pradesh
- In Madhya Pradesh, the state government has launched the Corona Warriors Scheme.
- The government will take the responsibility of family members of health workers who have passed away while on Corona duty.
- Their families will be given honorarium of Rs 50 lakhs by the government.
CM: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor: Anandiben Patel
Madhya Pradesh – Corona Warriors Scheme.
9. Which Minister inaugurated ‘The National Conference on Agriculture for Kharif Campaign-2021’?
A) Women Minister
B) Home Minister
C) Education Minister
D) Finance Minister
E) Agriculture Minister
Answer: E) Agriculture Minister
- Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated ‘The National Conference on Agriculture for Kharif Campaign-2021’.
- Ministers of State for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Shri Parshottam Rupala and
Shri Kailash Choudhari were also present on the occasion.
- The conference was organized through video conference to interact with the States on challenges & strategies for effective crop management during the ensuing Kharif season.
Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Food Processing Industries:
Minister: Narendra Singh Tomar
Constituency: Morena, Madhya Pradesh
Shri Narendra Singh Tomar – The National Conference on Agriculture for Kharif Campaign-2021.
10. Which organisation and The LINK Fund enter into MoU to work towards tribal development?
Answer: E) TRIFED
- TRIFED and The LINK Fund have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to work together towards Tribal Development and employment generation by providing support to tribals for increasing value addition in their produce and products;
- Sustainable livelihoods and value addition for an increase in income and employment generation through technological intervention for efficiency in value addition for MFPs, produce and crafts diversification, skill training and enhancement of value additions in minor forest produce.
- The MoU was signed by Shri Pravir Krishna, Managing Director TRIFED, and Tony Kalm, CEO and Co-founder, The LINK Fund and was attended by senior officials of TRIFED and The LINK Fund.
- As a part of this association, both the organizations will also work together to creating women-centred infrastructure and innovation and entrepreneurship.
- The LINK Fund (TLS) is a practitioner-led fund that, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland and works to end extreme poverty and mitigate the effects of climate change.
TRIFED + The LINK Fund – Work towards tribal development.