Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 29 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. International Dance Day is observed on which date?
A) April 22
B) April 23
C) April 24
D) April 25
E) April 29
Answer: E) April 29
- International Dance Day is celebrated on April 29 every year to encourage participation and education in dance.
- Several dance events and festivals held on this date all over the globe.
The International Dance Day 2021 theme is: ‘Purpose of dance’.
International Dance Day 2021: History:
- International Dance Day was created by the Dance Committee of the International Theatre Institute ITI, the main partner for the performing arts of UNESCO.
- Since its creation in 1982, the International Dance Committee and the International Theatre Institute ITI select an outstanding dance personality to write a message for International Dance Day each year.
- This day is a celebration day for those who can see the value and importance of the art form “dance”, and acts as a wake-up-call for governments, politicians and institutions which have not yet recognized its value to the people and to the individual and have not yet realized its potential for economic growth.
2. Michael Collins passed away. He was related to which field?
Answer: A) Astronaut
- American astronaut Michael Collins, who as pilot of the Apollo 11 command module stayed behind on July 20, 1969, while Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin travelled to the lunar surface to become the first humans to walk on the moon, died.
- Collins wrote an account of his experiences in his 1974 autobiography, “Carrying the Fire,” but largely shunned publicity.
- “I know that I would be a liar or a fool if I said that I have the best of the three Apollo 11 seats, but I can say with truth and equanimity that I am perfectly satisfied with the one I have,” Collins said in comments released by NASA in 2009.
Indo-Pak war veteran passes away:
- War veteran and ‘Maha Vir Chakra’ awardee Major General Chittoor Venugopal (95) died.
- A Lieutenant Colonel during the Indo-Pak war, Venugopal had commanded a battalion of Gorkha Rifles during the operations on the eastern front on December 4, 1971, when he had to confront the well-fortified enemy defences at Uthali and Darsana.
- His battalion had vigorously chased away the retreating enemy till Jhenida was captured three days later.
Michael Collins – The ‘forgotten’ astronaut of Apollo 11.
3. Laxman Giluwa passed away. He was related to which party?
Answer: E) BJP
- In Jharkhand, former State BJP President and Singhbhum Member of Parliament Laxman Giluwa died due to COVID-19.
- Giluwa had represented Singhbhum parliamentary constituency in 1999 and 2014.
Laxman Giluwa – Former Jharkhand BJP President.
4. Which company is topped in the LinkedIn list of best workplaces for 2021?
D) Tata Consultancy Services
Answer: D) Tata Consultancy Services
|1st||Tata Consultancy Services|
|4th||Larsen & Toubro|
BANKING AND FINANCE
5. The World Bank announced a how much amount credit for Sri Lanka to help it purchase vaccines for fighting the COVID-19 pandemic?
A) USD 20.5 million
B) USD 30.5 million
C) USD 40.5 million
D) USD 50.5 million
E) USD 80.5 million
Answer: E) USD 80.5 million
Members: 189 countries (IBRD), 173 countries (IDA)
Hq: Washington D.C, US
Head: David Malpass
Capital : Sri Jayewardenepura Kotte (legislative), Colombo (executive and judicial)
Currency : Rupee
World Bank – USD 80 mn to Sri Lanka for vaccines.
6. Which app Joins Hands with Shivrai Technologies to Launch Small Farm Accounting App named Farmizo Khata?
A) Google Pay
Answer: E) YONO
- Shivrai Technologies, an Indian AgTech company, recently announced the launch of their B2C Farm accounting mobile application, FarmizoKhata.
- Joining hands with Yono by SBI, they aim to help farmers across the country to manage their accounts efficiently, thus cutting down on losses.
- Shivani also owns their own B2B brand, FarmERP.
- Shivraj Technologies recently coined its 25-year mark of incorporation. Known for their formidable solutions in the space of AgriTech, they are all set to dip their foot into the B2C pool.
- Through this new venture with Yono by SBI, they aim to make their application increasingly accessible.
State Bank of India:
Capital: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Head: Dinesh Kumar Khara
Tagline: With You all the way, Pure Banking Nothing Else, The Nation Bank on Us, The Banker to Every Indian, A Bank of the Common Man
Headquarters: Pune, Maharashtra
CEO and Co-Founder: Sanjay Borkar
Yono by SBI + Shivrai Technologies – To Launch Small Farm Accounting App, Farmizo Khata.
7. Axis Bank board has approved the re-appointment of Amitabh Chaudhry as its Managing Director and CEO for _____ years?
Answer: C) 3
- Private sector lender Axis Bank said its board has approved the re-appointment of Amitabh Chaudhry as its Managing Director and CEO for three years with effect from January 1, 2022.
- Chaudhry was appointed as Managing Director (MD) and CEO of Axis Bank for a period of three years, with effect from January 1, 2019 up to December 31, 2021.
- Prior to joining Axis Bank, Chaudhry was MD and CEO of HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company.
Hq: Mumbai, Maharashtra
CEO: Mr Amitabh Chaudhary
Tagline: Badhti Ka Naam Zindagi
Axis Bank board – Approve re-appointment of Amitabh Chaudhry as MD & CEO.
8. Who has been appointed as the finance secretary?
A) T V Sathish
B) T V Samar
C) T V Somanathan
D) T V Sandhosh
E) T V Sekar
Answer: C) T V Somanathan
- Expenditure Secretary T V Somanathan has been appointed as the finance secretary.
- Somanathan, a 1987 batch IAS officer of Tamil Nadu cadre, will take charge as the finance secretary, a position earlier held by Ajay Bhushan Pandey who superannuated in February.
T V Somanathan – Finance secy in place of Ajay Bhushan Pandey.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
9. Which country launches core module for its first permanent space station?
Answer: A) China
- China launched the core module for its first permanent space station that will host astronauts long-term.
- The Tianhe, or Heavenly Harmony,” module blasted into space atop a Long March 5B rocket from the Wenchang Launch Center on the southern island province of Hainan, marking another major advance for the country’s space exploration program that has chalked up a series of accomplishments in recent months.
- The launch begins the first of 11 missions necessary to construct and provision the station and send up a three-person crew by the end of next year.
- The astronauts will live on the station for six months at a time.
- China’s space programme has also recently brought back the first new lunar samples in more than 40 years and expects to land a probe and rover on the surface of Mars later next month.
China – Core module for its first permanent space station.
10. NATO has launched joint military exercises in which country?
Answer: A) Albania
- NATO has launched joint military exercises in Albania with thousands of military forces from the United States and other countries in the first such large-scale drills since World War II in the Western Balkans.
- Albania is playing a critical part in the DEFENDER-Europe 21 exercise with Joint Logistics Over-the-Shore operations taking place “for the first time in Europe since World War II at the Port of Durres.”
- DEFENDER-Europe is an annual large-scale U.S. Army-led, multinational exercise, defensive in nature and focused on deterring aggression, which this year focuses on building operational readiness and interoperability with NATO and a greater number of allies and partners over a wider area of operations than ever before.
Albania – NATO military exercises.
11. Which organisation has launched a WhatsApp helpline number for providing emergency medical assistance to pregnant women?
Answer: E) NCW
- The National Commission for Women has launched a WhatsApp helpline number for providing emergency medical assistance to pregnant women.
- The number is 9354954224.
- The move came after NCW noticed that pregnant women were facing difficulty in accessing medical aid.
- Expectant mothers from across the country can reach out to the Commission through this number which will be functional round the clock.
- A dedicated team is looking after speedy redressal of grievances.
- The commission can also be reached on the email firstname.lastname@example.org
NCW – WhatsApp helpline number for providing emergency medical assistance to pregnant women.
12. Char Dham yatra cancelled due to surge in Covid Cases. This yatra is related to which state?
D) Uttar Pradesh
E) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: C) Uttarakhand
- In Uttarakhand, Chief Minister Teerath Singh Rawat has said that Char Dham Yatra is cancelled due to surge in Covid Cases.
Capital: Dehradun (Winter), Gairsain (Summer)
CM: Tirath Singh Rawat
Governor: Baby Rani Maurya
Char Dham Yatra – Cancel due to surge in Covid Cases.
13. Riva Ganguly Das co-chaired ____ ASEAN-India Senior Officials’ Meeting with Permanent Secretary of Thailand?
Answer: E) 23
- Secretary (East) in the Ministry of External Affairs Riva Ganguly Das co-chaired the 23rd ASEAN-India Senior Officials’ Meeting with Permanent Secretary of Thailand Thani Thongphakdi.
- Senior Officials from all ten ASEAN Member States and India attended the virtual meeting.
- During the Meeting, the status of ongoing ASEAN-India cooperation was reviewed under the whole spectrum of political-security, economic, socio-cultural and developmental cooperation.
- The Meeting also deliberated on the steps to implement the ASEAN-India Plan of Action 2021-2025 and discussed ways to further strengthen the ASEAN-India Strategic Partnership.
- Ways and means to strengthen cooperation in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic along with important regional and international issues of mutual concern were also covered during the meeting.
Capital : Bangkok
Currency : Thai bhat
Riva Ganguly Das – Co-chair 23rd ASEAN-India Senior Officials’ Meeting with Permanent Secretary of Thailand.
14. Which state cabinet approves hike in Ashirwad Scheme aid from ₹21,000 to ₹51,000?
D) Uttar Pradesh
E) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: C) Punjab
- The Punjab cabinet approved an increase in financial assistance under the Ashirwad Scheme, earlier known as Shagun Scheme, from ₹21,000 to ₹51,000 per beneficiary for the marriage of women belonging to low-income families and directed to clear all pending dues.
- The increase will come into effect from July 1.
- This is the second hike in the scheme amount by the present government which enhanced the aid from ₹15,000 to ₹21,000 after it took over in 2017.
- At that time, the cabinet had also decided to make payment directly into the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
- The chief minister clarified that the scheme was also applicable to Muslims girls aged 18 or above along with scheduled caste, Christian, backward class/caste, economically weaker section families, and daughters of widows of any caste.
- The Dalit widows/divorcees are also entitled to the benefit at the time of their re-marriage.
CM: Captain Amarinder Singh
Governor: V P Singh Badnore
Punjab – Hike in Ashirwad Scheme aid from ₹21,000 to ₹51,000.
15. Which Ministry proposes IN registration with two years vehicle registration tax for government employees?
A) Education Ministry
B) Women & Child Development Ministry
C) External Affairs Ministry
D) Finance Ministry
E) Road Ministry
Answer: E) Road Ministry
- Given the cumbersome process involved in transferring and re-registering vehicles across states, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has proposed a new system of vehicle registration on a pilot basis — wherein allocation would be marked as “IN” series.
- At present, India’s registration series is based on states — like DL, MH, HR, GJ, TN, WB, OD.
- The motor vehicle tax will be levied for two years or in multiples of two instead of 15 years upfront tax.
- The move will also lower the cost of such vehicles.
- However, it is unclear if, like commercial vehicles, getting re-registered every two years would also require vehicles to be tested for fitness.
Road Transport and Highways and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises:
Minister: Nitin Gadkari
Constituency: Nagpur. Maharashtra
Road Ministry – Propose IN registration with two years vehicle registration tax for government employees.