Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 2 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. World Autism Awareness Day is observed on which date?
A) April 3
B) April 4
C) April 5
D) April 1
E) April 2
Answer: E) April 2
- World Autism Awareness Day is observed on April 2, every year to makes people understand and accept people with autism, foster worldwide support, and inspire people.
It is a day that spread kindness and autism awareness.
- The UN Secretary-General’s message for 2021 is, as we work together to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic, one key goal must be to build a more inclusive and accessible world that recognizes the contributions of all people, including persons with disabilities.
World Autism Awareness Day: History:
- The United Nations General Assembly unanimously declared 2 April as World Autism Awareness Day to highlight the need to help improve the quality of life of those with autism so they can lead full and meaningful lives as an integral part of society.
- In 2008, the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities entered into force, reaffirming the fundamental principle of universal human rights for all.
- Autism is a lifelong neurological condition that manifests during early childhood, irrespective of gender, race, or socioeconomic status.
- The term Autism Spectrum refers to a range of characteristics.
International Children’s Book Day:
- Since 1967, on or around Hans Christian Andersen’s birthday, 2 April, International Children’s Book Day (ICBD) is celebrated to inspire a love of reading and to call attention to children’s books.
- Each year a different National Section of IBBY has the opportunity to be the international sponsor of ICBD.
- It decides upon a theme and invites a prominent author from the host country to write a message to the children of the world and a well-known illustrator to design a poster.
- These materials are used in different ways to promote books and reading.
- Many IBBY Sections promote ICBD through the media and organize activities in schools and public libraries.
- Often ICBD is linked to celebrations around children’s books and other special events that may include encounters with authors and illustrators, writing competitions or announcements of book awards.
- Theme 2021: “The Music of Words”.
SIDBI Foundation Day:
- SIDBI Foundation Day is observed on April 2.
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) is a regulatory agency in India, under the jurisdiction of Ministry of Finance , Government of India headquartered at Lucknow and having its offices all over the country.
- Its purpose is to provide refinance facilities and short-term lending to industries, and serves as the principal financial institution in the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector.
- SIDBI also coordinates the functions of institutions engaged in similar activities.
- It was established on 2 April 1990, through an Act of Parliament. It is headquartered in Lucknow.
- SIDBI operates under the Ministry of Finance , Government of India.
- SIDBI is one of the four All India Financial Institutions regulated and supervised by the Reserve Bank of India; other three are India Exim Bank, NABARD and NHB.
- But recently NHB came under government control by taking more than 51% stake.
- They play a statutory role in the financial markets through credit extension and refinancing operation activities and cater to the long-term financing needs of the industrial sector.
Hq : Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
MD and Chairman: Mohammad Mustafa
BANKING AND FINANCE
2. Which Bank has tied up with global e-commerce major Amazon and cards major Visa to launch a retail payments entity?
1) ICICI Bank
2) HDFC Bank
3) Axis Bank
A) only 1
B) Only 2
C) Only 3
D) 1 & 3
E) All of the above
Answer: D) 1 & 3
- Leading private sector lenders ICICI Bank and Axis Bank have tied up with global
e-commerce major Amazon and cards major Visa to launch a retail payments entity, which will be a rival to state-owned NPCI.
- Concerns over concentration risk and a need to fast-track cashless payments had led the RBI to invite applications for a New Umbrella Entity (NUE) to rival the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), which currently delivers services like UPI-based payments.
- ICICI Bank and Axis Bank will be co-leading the consortium with a 20 per cent stake each.
- Other partners, including Amazon, Billdesk, Pine Labs and Visa will be holding a stake of 15 per cent each.
- The scope of activities for the NUE as mandated by RBI includes payment systems in the retail space like ATMs, white label point of sale terminals, Aadhar-based payment systems and remittance services, operation of clearing and settlement systems for participating banks and non-banks, be interoperable with NPCI, and participate in the Reserve Bank’s payment and settlement systems.
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO: SandeepBakshi
Tagline: Hum Hai Na, KhayalApka
Hq: Mumbai, Maharashtra
CEO: Mr Amitabh Chaudhary
Tagline: Badhti Ka Naam Zindagi
ICICI Bank + Axis Bank – To Co-Lead NUE With Amazon, Visa As Partners.
3. RBI Fixes Centre’s WMA Limit At how much amount For First Half Of Next Fiscal?
A) Rs 1.1 Lakh Cr
B) Rs 1.2 Lakh Cr
C) Rs 1.3 Lakh Cr
D) Rs 1.4 Lakh Cr
E) Rs 1.5 Lakh Cr
Answer: B) Rs 1.2 Lakh Cr
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Wednesday set the Ways and Means Advances (WMA) limit at Rs 1.2 lakh crore for the central government for the first half of the financial year beginning April 1.
- WMAs are temporary advances given by the RBI to the government to tide over any mismatch in receipts and payments.
- The interest rate on WMA is equal to the repo rate and on overdraft, it is two per cent above the repo rate.
- The current repo rate is 4 per cent.
Reserve Bank of India:
Act: Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Governor– Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors–3 (Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao)
Jammu and Kashmir Bank:
CEO: R K Chhibber
RBI – Fix Centre’s WMA Limit At Rs 1.2 Lakh Cr For First Half Of Next Fiscal.
4. World Bank provides how much amount to Pakistan for its Green Stimulus initiative?
A) $160 mn
B) $150 mn
C) $130 mn
D) $120 mn
E) $110 mn
Answer: D) $120 mn
- The World Bank announced that it will provide USD 120 million to Pakistan for its Green Stimulus initiative launched last year to create green jobs for those youth who became jobless due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- The Green Stimulus initiative was launched last year by Prime Minister Imran Khan in April after COVID-19 hit the country for creation of green jobs for those youth, who were rendered jobless from various sectors due to closure of business and assorted economic activities.
- The Green Stimulus initiative has led to generation of 87,000 green jobs for the youth rendered unemployed because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Members: 189 countries (IBRD), 173 countries (IDA)
Hq: Washington D.C, US
Head: David Malpass
President: Arif Alvi
Prime Minister: Imran Khan
World Bank – Provide $120 mn to Pakistan for its Green Stimulus initiative.
5. Reserve Bank of India has extended the term of present Chairman and Managing Director J&K Bank R K Chibber by how many months?
Answer: B) 6
- Reserve Bank of India has extended the term of present Chairman and Managing Director J&K Bank R K Chibber by six months.
- The withdrawal of the proposal by the bank to appoint an MD & CEO has been taken on record.
- Further, in terms of Section 10BB (2) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, the term of R.K. Chhibber as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of the bank stands extended w.e.f. April 10, 2021 for a further period of six months or till the appointment of an MD&CEO, whichever is earlier.
RBI deputy governor Kanungo retires:
- BP Kanungo has stepped down from the post of the deputy governor of Reserve Bank of India after his term ended on 2 April, cutting short all expectations of an extension of his tenure.
- As deputy governor, Kanungo was in charge of the department of currency management, payment and settlement, foreign exchange, among others.
- He was appointed deputy governor in 2017 for three years.
- His term was extended by one more year in 2020.
RBI – Extend term of JK Bank CMD by 6 months.
6. Ranveer Singh is appointed as brand ambassador of My11Circle. He was related to which field?
Answer: D) Actor
- Games24x7, India’s leading online gaming company, has announced.
- Bollywood superstar Ranveer Singh as brand ambassador for its fantasy sports platform-My11Circle.
BRICS CCI appoints Hyderabad girl as its Global Brand Ambassador for year 2021-2022:
- The BRICS Chamber of Commerce & Industry (CCI), an international organization that promotes trade and commerce, appointed Hyderabad girl and former World Badminton Junior Championship player, Ms Srishti Jupudi as its Global Brand Ambassador for 2021-22.
- BRICS is the acronym coined to associate five major emerging economies–Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa.
- The BRICS members are known for their significant influence on regional affairs. Since 2009, the governments of the BRICS states have met annually at formal summits.
- The BRICS Chamber of Commerce and Industry is a parent organization which promotes commerce and industry in the BRICS nations.
- The Chamber, founded in 2012 with the efforts of eminent professionals and entrepreneurs, is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization.
- BRICS CCI is a registered body empanelled with NITI Aayog (highest policy-making body of Govt of India) and recognized by the United Nations.
Chingari onboards Salman Khan as brand ambassador and investor:
- Homegrown short video app Chingari has announced actor Salman Khan as global brand ambassador and investor.
Ranveer Singh – Brand ambassador of My11Circle.
7. The government approved a commission under NPCSCB also known as ‘Mission Karmayogi’, to train civil servants at all levels. Who is appointed as chairman of this commission?
A) Ashok Zainulbhai
B) Siva Zainulbhai
C) Adil Zainulbhai
D) Arul Zainulbhai
E) Varun Zainulbhai
Answer: C) Adil Zainulbhai
- The government approved a commission under National Programme for Civil Services Capacity Building (NPCSCB), also known as ‘Mission Karmayogi’, to train civil servants at all levels.
- The approved Capacity Building Commission will coordinate with and supervise all the government offices, training institutes to monitor and evaluate the implementation of plans and create shared resources.
- Former Quality Council of India (QCI) chief Adil Zainulbhai has been appointed as the chairperson of this Commission, while Ramaswami Balasubramaniam has been appointed as member (HR) and Praveen Pardeshi as a member (administration).
- The commission will also assist the Prime Minister’s Public Human Resources Council in approving the annual capacity building plans and will make necessary recommendations, besides suggesting policy changes required in the areas of HR management and capacity building.
- ‘Mission Karmayogi’, dubbed as the biggest bureaucratic reform initiative, was announced by Prakash Javadekar last year and approved by the Union Cabinet in September, to make government employees more “creative, proactive, professional and technology-enabled”, ending the culture of working in silos and ensuring transparency.
TAFE’s CMD Mallika Srinivasan to head PESB:
- Mallika Srinivasan, CMD,TAFE Ltd., has been appointed as the chairperson of the Public Enterprises.
- Selection Board (PESB).
- This is the first time a person from the private sector has been made head of the PESB which is responsible for the appointment of personnel in the posts of chairman, CMD. and functional directors in public sector enterprises.
Amit Chadha takes over as CEO & MD L&T Technology Services:
- Amit Chadha has taken over as CEO & Managing Director of L&T Technology Services effective April 1.
- He was serving the company as Deputy CEO & Whole-Time Board Member
Government – Capacity Building Commission formed, Adil Zainulbhai appointed as chairman.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
8. Which institution has developed artificial enzymes that can successfully block reactivation and replication of the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) in the host’s immune cells?
A) IIT Kozhikode
B) IIT Bombay
C) IISc Bengaluru
D) IIT Mandi
E) IIT Madras
Answer: C) IISc Bengaluru
- Researchers at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc.) have developed artificial enzymes that can successfully block reactivation and replication of the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) in the host’s immune cells.
- Made from vanadium pentoxide nanosheets, these nanozymes work by mimicking a natural enzyme called glutathione peroxidase that helps reduce oxidative stress levels in the host’s cells, which is required to keep the virus in check
IISc Bengaluru – Develop enzymes that can block HIV reactivation.
9. India has contributed how much amount to the United Nations agency for gender equality and women empowerment for gender equality and women empowerment?
A) USD 100,000
B) USD 200,000
C) USD 300,000
D) USD 400,000
E) USD 500,000
Answer: C) USD 300,000
- India has contributed USD 300,000 to the United Nations agency for gender equality and women empowerment, a contribution lauded by the UN entity.
- India made the contribution to UN Women, the world organisation’s entity for gender equality and women’s empowerment.
India – Contribute $300,000 to UN Women to support gender equality.
10. Atal Innovation Mission launches ‘AIM-PRIME’, in partnership with BMGF &Venture Center. What is the expansion of PRIME?
A) Program for Researchers on Innovations, Market-Readiness & Education
B) Program for Researchers on Innovations, Market-Readiness & Entrepreneurship
C) Program for Researchers on Innovations, Money-Readiness & Entrepreneurship
D) Program for Researchers on Innovations, Market-Readiness & Environment
E) Program for Researchers on Innovations, Mute-Readiness & Entrepreneurship
Answer: B) Program for Researchers on Innovations, Market-Readiness & Entrepreneurship
- In a major push towards deep technology and driving the country to become a digitally transformed nation, Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog today launched AIM-PRIME (Program for Researchers on Innovations, Market-Readiness & Entrepreneurship), an initiative to promote and support science-based deep-tech startups & ventures across India.
- In this regard, AIM has joined hands with Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) to launch this nationwide program which will be implemented by Venture Center – a non-profit technology business incubator.
- The first cohort of the program is open to technology developers (early-stage deep tech start-ups, and scientists/ engineers/ clinicians) with strong science-based deep tech business ideas.
- The program is also open to CEOs and Senior incubation managers of AIM Funded Atal Incubation Centers that are supporting deep tech entrepreneurs.
- Deep technology is an outcome of very intense research and development (R&D) with high knowledge content.
- Consequently, the entrepreneurial journey emphasizes different aspects and requires a different approach to navigating the de-risking process and bringing such ideas to market.
- The benefits of this program are aimed at addressing specific issues through training and guidance over a period of 12 months.
- Candidates selected for the program will get access to in-depth learning via a comprehensive lecture series, live team projects, exercises, and project-specific mentoring.
- They will also have access to a deep tech startup playbook, curated video library, and plenty of peer-to-peer learning opportunities.
- The AIM-PRIME program is specifically tailored for the rapid scaling up of deep-tech science ventures in India, providing not just the necessary intellect and support but also the exposure they rightly deserve.
Abbreviation: National Institution for Transforming India Aayog
Hq: New Delhi, Delhi
CEO: Amitabh Kant
Atal Innovation Mission – Launch ‘AIM-PRIME’, in partnership with BMGF &Venture Center.
11. Manoj Sinha attended which edition of Purvanchal Festival “Maati” at India International Centre, New Delhi?
Answer: B) 4
- Lieutenant Governor, Manoj Sinha attended the fourth edition of Purvanchal Festival “Maati” at India International Centre, New Delhi.
- The Lt Governor was the Chief Guest for the Maati Samman session on the occasion.
Jammu and Kashmir:
Capital: Srinagar(summer), Jammu(winter)
Governor: Manoj Sinha
Manoj Sinha – 4th edition of Purvanchal Festival “ Maati”.
12. Which Minister Deploys Sensor-Based IoT Devices To Monitor Implementation Of Jal Jeevan Mission In Rural Areas?
A) Minister of Women & Child Development
B) Minister of Education
C) Minister of Home
D) Ministry of Finance
E) Ministry of Jal Shakti
Answer: E) Ministry of Jal Shakti
- To monitor the rural drinking water supply systems in villages, the Ministry of Jal Shakti has decided to take the digital route to use sensor-based IoT devices to effectively monitor the implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) in more than six lakh villages.
- For this, National Jal Jeevan Mission in collaboration with Tata Community Initiatives Trust (TCIT) and Tata Trusts completed pilot projects in several remote villages of five States i.e. Uttarakhand, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharashtra, and Himachal Pradesh.
Minister: Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
Constituency: Jodhpur, Rajasthan
Ministry Of Jal Shakti – Sensor-Based IoT Devices To Monitor Implementation Of Jal Jeevan Mission In Rural Areas.
13. Which state launched the e-Golkonda shopping portal – https://golkondashop.telangana.gov.in/ to facilitate handicrafts and handloom lovers across the country?
C) Tamil Nadu
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: E) Telangana
- To facilitate handicrafts and handloom lovers across the country to buy authentic Telangana artifacts at the click of a button, Telangana Minister for IT and Industries
K.T. Rama Rao launched the e-Golkonda shopping portal.
- The eGolkonda portal is far ahead than many other private e-commerce websites in terms of design and operational convenience, he said.
- Through the eGolkonda portal, handloom lovers from any part of the country can send the artefacts to any place across the country, he also mentioned that after obtaining necessary permissions from the central government, facilities will be made to ship the artefacts to any part of the globe.
CM: K. Chandrashekar Rao
Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
Telangana IT Ministry – e-Golkonda Shopping Portal of State Handicraft.
14. Which state became the third state to pass an amendment bill providing for a prison sentence of up to 10 years for “forcible conversion by marriage”?
C) Tamil Nadu
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A) Gujarat
- After Uttar Pradesh and MP, Gujarat became the third state to pass an amendment bill providing for a prison sentence of up to 10 years for “forcible conversion by marriage”.
- According to the newly introduced amendments to the Gujarat Religious Freedom Act 2003, “Insofar as conversion by marriage or by getting a person married or by aiding a person to get married is concerned, shall be punished with imprisonment, which shall not be less than three years but which may extend to five years and shall also be liable to fine which shall not be less than two lakh rupees”.
- In case a minor, a woman or someone from the Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe is converted, the punishment “shall not be less than four years but which may extend to ten years and shall also be liable to fine which shall not be less than three lakh rupees”.
CM: Vijay Rupani
Governor: Acharya Dev Vrat
Gujarat – Pass bill against forcible conversion by marriage
15. Centre will roll out a Unique Land Parcel Identification Number system in the country allotting distinct IDs for each land parcel. The unique ID will be of how many digits?
Answer: C) 14
- Centre will soon roll out a Unique Land Parcel Identification Number system in the country allotting distinct IDs for each land parcel.
- The system has already been successfully carried out in a number of states on pilot basis.
- In the Unique Land Parcel Identification Number System, there will be a unique ID for each land parcel. The unique ID will be of 14 digits.
- It would be based on the Geo reference coordinate of vertices of the parcel.
- This would be of international standard and in compliance with the Electronic Commerce Code Management Association standard and Open Geospatial Consortium standards.
- It will provide compatibility so that all states can adopt it easily.
- It will enable in keeping the land records always up-to-date.
- A link of all property transactions would get established.
- The system would ensure delivery of citizen services of land records through a single window.
- It would also ensure sharing of land records data across departments, financial institutions and all stakeholders.
- Proper land statistics and land accounting through this system will also help develop land banks and lead towards Integrated Land Information Management System.
Centre – Soon roll out Unique Land Parcel Identification Number system in country.