Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September – 09 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Senior BJP leader Gyan Singh Negi passed away. He is related to which state?
A) Andhra Pradesh
B) Uttar Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: D) Uttarakhand
2. Who is topped in “The 2020 Forbes list of 400 Richest People in America”?
A) Warren Buffett
B) Jeff Bezos
C) Mark Zuckerberg
D) Bill Gates
Answer: B) Jeff Bezos
|2nd||Bill Gates||Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation|
BANKING AND FINANCE
3. Which bank launched ‘Festival Bonanza Offer’ for its customers to give a push to subdued loan demand due to the COVID-19 crisis?
Answer: B) PNB
- On home loans, customers are now exempted from paying the processing fees i.e. 0.35 per cent of the loan amount, maximum Rs 15,000, besides the documentation charges.
- On car loans, customers can now save up to 0.25 per cent of the total loan amount, while on myProperty loans (loan against property), it could be up to Rs 1 lakh depending on the loan amount.
Punjab National Bank:
HQ: New Delhi
MD & CEO : Sunil Mehta
Tagline: The Name You Can Bank upon
4. Which insurance company to come up with a rider by the name ‘Care Shield’ to protect its customers against inflation?
A) Aegon Life Insurance
B) Care Health Insurance
C) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
D) Bharti AXA Life Insurance
Answer: B) Care Health Insurance
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
5. Which company partners with Andhra Pradesh skill development corporation to train students in robotic process automation?
Answer: A) UiPath
ACQUISITIONS AND MERGERS
6. Silver Lake picks how much percent stake in Reliance Retail for Rs 7,500 crore?
Answer: B) 1.75%
7. Indian-origin businessman Sunil Chopra elected as deputy mayor in which country?
Answer: B) UK
8. Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ conferred CBSE Teachers Award on how many Teachers and Principals of CBSE affiliated school?
Answer: A) 38
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
9. Which Researchers in USA have developed a method for rapid and inexpensive SARS-CoV-2 detection without specialized materials or equipment?
A) Duke Medical School
B) Stanford Medical School
C) The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
D) Harvard Medical School
Answer: D) Harvard Medical School
10. Which organization and IIT Kharagpur to develop a robot essentially for spraying pesticides in agricultural fields?
Answer: A) C-DAC
C-DAC, Kolkata – The Centre for Development of Advanced Computing, Kolkata.
11. Northrop Grumman has named NG-14 Cygnus spacecraft as which name?
A) Galileo Galilei
B) Nicolaus Copernicus
C) Charles Messier
D) Dr Kalpana Chawla
Answer: D) Dr Kalpana Chawla
Northrop Grumman has named its next space station resupply ship ‘S.S. Kalpana Chawla’ after Dr Kalpana Chawla, an astronaut of Indian descent.
12. Which country has launched a campaign named ‘Asol Chini’ or ‘real-sugar’ to fight fake information and rumor spreading on social media?
Answer: C) Bangladesh
13. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch an mobile app for farmers. What is name of that app?
A) e-Balaram App
B) e-Bala App
C) e-Gopala App
D) e-Matsya App
Answer: C) e-Gopala App
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will digitally launch the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) on Thursday and also inaugurate the e-Gopala App, a comprehensive breed improvement marketplace and information portal for direct use of farmers.
- The investment of Rs. 20,050 crore under PMMSY is the highest ever in the fisheries sector.
- The prime minister will also inaugurate one-unit fish feed mill at Madhepura and two units of ‘Fish on Wheels’ assisted at Patna under ‘blue revolution’.
- Among other launches by Modi is the comprehensive fish production technology centre at Dr Rajendra Prasad Central Agricultural University in Pusa in Bihar.
- The PMMSY aims at enhancing fish production by an additional 70 lakh tonne by 2024-25, increasing fisheries export earnings to Rs 1,00,000 crore by 2024-25, doubling of incomes of fishers and fish farmers, reducing post-harvest losses from 20-25 per cent to about 10 per cent and generation of additional 55 lakhs direct and indirect gainful employment opportunities in fisheries sector and allied activities.
14. The International Solar Alliance (ISA) has signed an MoU with the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) and which organization to design a plan for implementing ‘One Solar One World and One Grid’ (OSOWOG)?
C) World Bank
Answer: C) World Bank
The ISA also signed an MoU with India’s largest power generator, NTPC Limited, for implementing solar energy projects in 47 member countries of ISA.
Hq: Washington D.C, US
Head: David Malpass
15. Which state CM lays foundation stone & inaugurates 329 schemes worth Rs 121 cr?
A) Arunachal Pradesh
B) Andhra Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C) Assam
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal today took part in the fifth foundation day programme of river island Majuli district at Dariapar in Majuli.
16. Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar today inaugurated 22 bamboo clusters in how many states?
Answer: C) 9
A logo for the National Bamboo Mission was also released.
Agriculture and Farmers Welfare,
Rural Development and Panchayati Raj:
Minister : Narendra Singh Tomar
Constituency : Morena, Madhya Pradesh
17. Andhra Pradesh government forms how many member committee to set up private universities?
Answer: D) 5