Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
OCTOBER – 31 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Rashtriya Ekta Diwas is celebrated on October 31. In this day is celebrated as which person’s birth anniversary?
A) Jawaharlal Nehru
B) Vallabhbhai Patel
C) A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
D) B. R. Ambedkar
Answer: B) Vallabhbhai Patel
|World cities Day||October 31||Valuing our Communities and Cities.|
|Rashtriya Ekta Diwas||October 31|
|Global media and information literacy week||24 to 31 October||“Resisting Disinfodemic: Media and Information Literacy for everyone and, by everyone”.|
|World Thrift Day||October 31|
|1st Raising Day of Ladakh||October 31|
2. Amit Panghal won gold metal at the Alexis Vastine International Boxing Tournament in Nantes, France under which category?
A) 91 Kg
B) 52 Kg
C) 76 Kg
D) 85 Kg
Answer: B) 52 Kg
- Amit defeated American Rene Abraham under 52 category to win gold metal.
- Sanjeet(91kg) defeated Frenchman Soheb Bouafia to win gold metal.
- In the 75kg category, Asian silver-winner Ashish Kumar also claimed a gold after his opponent, American Joseph.
Amit Panghal – Gold metal at the Alexis Vastine International Boxing Tournament in Nantes, France.
3. Sean Connery passed away, He was related to which field?
Answer: A) Actor
Sean Connery as James Bond in Dr. No. Sean Connery, most famous for his portrayal of James Bond, has died.
Sean Connery – James Bond star.
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. RBI imposes how much amount penalty on Jio Payments Bank over re-appointment of MD & CEO?
A) Rs 5 crore
B) Rs 4 crore
C) Rs 1 crore
D) Rs 2 crore
Answer: C) Rs 1 crore
This penalty has been imposed in exercise of powers vested in RBI under the provisions of section 47A (1)(c) read with section 46(4)(i) of the Act.
RBI – Rs 1 crore penalty on Jio Payments Bank over re-appointment of MD & CEO.
5. The International Finance Corporation (IFC) has extended how much amount to private sector businesses in the poorest countries to help fight the coronavirus pandemic?
A) USD 3 billion
B) USD 2 billion
C) USD 1 billion
D) USD 4 billion
Answer: D) USD 4 billion
- Of the USD 8-billion pandemic fast track financing approved by our board in March, USD 4 billion have been committed to date, of which close to half is expected to benefit the people in the poorest countries.
- IFC has also committed an additional USD 2 billion for financing healthcare providers, tourism players, and everything that helps save jobs.
- In August, IFC also launched the USD 4-billion global health platform to help developing countries expand access to medical supplies such as masks, ventilators, test kits and, eventually, a vaccine for the pandemic.
- In 2019-20, IFC invested USD 22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
International Finance Corporation – extend USD 4-bn loans to private companies to fight pandemic.
Hq: Washington D.C, US
Head: David Malpass
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
6. Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd and Tech Mahindra signed a contract worth of how much amount for implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) to support HAL’s ‘Project Parivartan’?
A) Rs 300 crore
B) Rs 400 crore
C) Rs 500 crore
D) Rs 600 crore
Answer: B) Rs 400 crore
HAL + Tech Mahindra = Rs 400 crore contract for ‘Project Parivartan’.
Hq: Pune, Maharashtra
Chairman : Anand Mahindra
7. Which company ties up with Amazon India to sell apparels, accessories online?
Answer: A) Yamaha
Yamaha + Amazon India = Sell apparels, accessories online.
8. PVG Menon appointed CEO of ESSCI replaced whom?
A) N.K. Mohapatra
B) Ram Sewak Sharma
C) Hemalata Kala
D) Ashish Bhasin
Answer: A) N.K. Mohapatra
PVG Menon – CEO of ESSCI – N.K. Mohapatra(Replaced)
9. Who is appointed as first woman in CEO of Alliance Air?
A) Bhuvana A De Singh
B) Ladha A De Singh
C) Harpreet A De Singh
D) Bandan A De Singh
Answer: C) Harpreet A De Singh
Captain Nivedita Bhasin will be the new ED (flight safety) in place of Singh.
Harpreet A De Singh – First woman in CEO of Alliance Air.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
10. International League of Dermatological Societies and the American Academy of Dermatology have discovered a new coronavirus symptom on feet. what is the name of that symptom?
A) COVID Legs
B) COVID Hands
C) COVID toes
D) COVID nicks
Answer: C) COVID toes
- A recent study has found a new coronavirus symptom, named COVID toes, in which infected people may see their toes getting red and swollen and ultimately turning purple.
- According to researchers at the International League of Dermatological Societies and the American Academy of Dermatology, the new symptom can develop chilblain-like inflammation on the feet of the patient that can last for months and typically develops within one to four weeks of contracting the COVID-19 infection.
International League of Dermatological Societies + the American Academy of Dermatology = COVID toes = red and swollen and ultimately turning purple.
11. Which organisation has come up with a thermal-imaging technology for easy detection of breast cancer?
Answer: B) IGCAR
In a significant development that may lead to early detection of breast cancer, the Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR) at Kalpakkam has come up with a thermal-imaging technology.
IGCAR – Thermal-imaging technology for easy detection of breast cancer.
12. Which country has launched a mega scheme to dredge 10,000 kilometres of riverways in the country to improve inland river navigability?
Answer: B) Bangladesh
- The dredging work will be carried out on 178 rivers of Bangladesh.
- The dredging work is being carried out by the Bangladesh Inland Water Transport Authority (BIWTA) at a cost of Taka 4371 crore. The project is scheduled to be completed by June 2024.
Bangladesh – Dredge 10,000 km riverway to improve navigation.
Capital : Dhaka
Currency : Bangladeshi Taka
13. NABARD has sanctioned loans worth of how much amount to the Government of Goa for various Social Infrastructure Projects in the State?
A) ₹ 7504.30 lakh
B) ₹ 6504.30 lakh
C) ₹ 5504.30 lakh
D) ₹ 8504.30 lakh
Answer: D) ₹ 8504.30 lakh
Goa Regional Office, NABARD, has sanctioned short term refinance assistance of Rs 20.00 crore to The Goa State Cooperative Bank Ltd towards working capital requirements of Societies and Primary Agriculture Credit Societies
NABARD – ₹ 8504.30 lakh under RIDF scheme to Government of Goa during 2020-21.
Chairman– G R Chintala
Headquarter– Mumbai, Maharashtra
CM: Pramod Sawant
Governor : Bhagat singh koshyari
14. The Airports Authority of India handed over which airport to the Adani group on lease for a period of 50 years?
A) The Bangaluru airport
B) The Mangaluru airport
C) The Hyderabad airport
D) The Chennai airport
Answer: B) The Mangaluru airport
AAI – hand over Mangaluru airport to Adani group on lease for 50 years.
15. The Indian Air Force successfully test-fired an air launched version of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile in the Bay of Bengal. What is the range of that missile?
A) 300 km
B) 200 km
C) 400 km
D) 500 km
Answer: C) 400 km
India – Test-fires air launched version of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile.
16. The Federation of Indian Publishers (FIP) with which organisation has organised a virtual version of Delhi Book Fair 2020?
Answer: A) PragatiE
Virtual version of Delhi Book Fair 2020 – Organised by FIP + PragatiE.
17. Who launched seaplane service connecting Statue of Unity with Sabarmati Riverfront in Ahmedabad?
A) Ram Nath Kovind
B) Amit Shah
C) Nirmala Sitharaman
D) Narendra Modi
Answer: D) Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch the seaplane service connecting Statue of Unity in Kevadia with Sabarmati Riverfront in Ahmedabad today.
- Mr Modi inaugurated a cruise service near the Statue of Unity. The 40-minute cruise will cover six kilometres.
- The prime minister also inaugurated Ekta Mall, an emporium spread over 35,000 square feet, where handicrafts from all over the country will be up for sale.
- Mr Modi also launched an application whereby information about Kevadia will be available in six languages.
Narendra Modi – Seaplane service connecting Statue of Unity with Sabarmati Riverfront in Ahmedabad.
18. India’s first ‘Tyre Park’ will come up in which state?
A) West Bengal
B) Andhra Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) West Bengal
West Bengal – India’s first ‘Tyre Park’.
Capital : Kolkata
CM : Mamata Banerjee
Governor : Jagdeep Dhankhar
19. Which state is celebrated Mera Houchongba festival?
A) Uttar Pradesh
C) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: B) Manipur
Mera Houchongba, a festival to promote brotherhood and unity among indigenous communities, was celebrated at the Manipur Royal palace (Sana Konung) in Imphal in the presence of erstwhile King Leishemba Sanajaoba
Manipur – Mera Houchongba festival.
20. Which state launched a post-matric scholarship scheme for students belonging to the Scheduled Castes category?
A) Uttar Pradesh
C) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: D) Punjab
The chief minister also laid foundation stones of projects worth Rs 50 crore at Amritsar’s Ram Tirath to mark Valmiki Jayanti.
Punjab – Scholarship plan for SC students.
Capital : Chandigarh
CM : Captain Amarinder Singh
Governor : V P Singh Badnore
21. Which railway launches ‘Integrity Pool’ to deal with corruption?
A) North Eastern Railway
B) South Eastern Railway
C) South Western Railway
D) North Western Railway
Answer: C) South Western Railway
South Western Railway -‘Integrity Pool’ to deal with corruption.