Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
OCTOBER – 03 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Pushpa Bhave passes away. He is related to which field?
B) Social Activist
Answer: B) Social Activist
Pushpa Bhave – Social Activist.
2. Minister Haji Hussain Ansari passed away. He is related to which state?
Answer: B) Jharkhand
Haji Hussain Ansari – Jharkhand’s minority welfare minister.
Capital : Ranchi
CM: Hemant Soren
Governor : Draupadi Murmu
BANKING AND FINANCE
3. Which Bank launched a financial inclusion and literacy initiative ‘Gram Sampark Abhiyan’ to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi?
A) State Bank of India
B) Punjab National Bank
C) Canara Bank
D) Indian Bank
Answer: B) Punjab National Bank
The campaign is centred on four key themes — digital, credit, social security and financial literacy that will encapsulate various activities and prescribes the cherished theme of ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat.
PNB – financial inclusion, literacy initiative Gram Sampark Abhiyan.
Punjab National Bank:
HQ: New Delhi
MD & CEO : Sunil Mehta
Tagline: The Name You Can Bankupon
ACQUISITIONS AND MERGERS
4. TPG Capital Management invests how much percent stake in Reliance Retail Ventures Limited in Rs 1,837.5 crore?
A) 3.41 per cent
B) 1.41 per cent
C) 0.41 per cent
D) 2.41 per cent
Answer: C) 0.41 per cent
GIC will invest Rs 5,512 crore for a 1.22% stake in Reliance Retail Ventures Limited.
TPG – 0.41 per cent – Reliance Retail Ventures Limited in Rs 1,837.5 crore.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
5. A book “Unfinished” authored by Actor-producer Priyanka Chopra Jonas’ . Which publishers is published in this book?
A) Westland Publications
B) Hachette India
C) Aleph Book Company.
D) Penguin Random House India
Answer: D) Penguin Random House India
“Unfinished” – Priyanka Chopra Jonas’ – Penguin Random House India.
6. Securities and Exchange Board of India extends tenure of its whole-time member (WTM) for one-year extension. Who is WTM of SEBI?
A) Kumar Birla
B) Shantanu Narayen
C) Guillaume Faury
D) Puri Buch
Answer: D) Puri Buch
Puri Buch – get a year more as Sebi’s whole time member.
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Chairman : Ajay Tyagi
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
7. Which organisation launches SS Kalpana Chawla Cygnus spacecraft to International Space station?
Answer: B) NASA
- The International Space Station (ISS) is gearing up to receive the flight which will supply thousands of kilograms essential space supplies and related-equipments to the astronauts.
- Northrop Grumman launched another flight to the International Space Station, this time named after late astronaut ‘Kalpana Chawla’. The Cygnus vehicle S.S Kalpana Chawla along with Antares rocket for NG-14 mission.
NASA – SS Kalpana Chawla Cygnus spacecraft to International Space station.
8. S. N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences finds new “BreathPrint” for detecting ulcer-causing gastric pathogen. what is the headquarters of this institute?
A) Kochi, Kerala
B) Kolkata, West Bengal
C) Bangalore, Karnataka
D) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Answer: B) Kolkata, West Bengal
Exhaled breath may soon help detect bacteria that infect the stomach, causing various forms of gastritis and eventually gastric cancer. Scientists have found a method for early diagnosis of bacteria that causes peptic ulcer, with the help of a biomarker called ‘BreathPrint’ found in the breath.
S. N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences – new “BreathPrint” for detecting ulcer-causing gastric pathogen.
Capital : Kolkata
CM : Mamata Banerjee
Governor : Jagdeep Dhankhar
9. Which state has launched a month long mass awareness campaign on COVID 19?
Answer: B) Rajasthan
Rajasthan – month long mass awareness campaign on COVID-19.
CM: Ashok Gehlot
Governor: Kalraj Mishra
10. KVIC rolled out multiple employment generation activities in which state/UT to celebrate the 151st birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi?
D) Jammu and Kashmir
Answer: D) Jammu and Kashmir
KVIC – multiple employment generation activities in J&K.
Jammu and Kashmir:
Capital : Srinagar(summer), Jammu(winter)
Governor : Manoj Sinha
11. India successfully test fired its indigenously developed nuclear capable hypersonic missile ‘Shaurya’. What is the range of this missile?
A) 300 km to 1000 km
B) 700 km to 1000 km
C) 500 km to 1000 km
D) 800 km to 1000 km
Answer: B) 700 km to 1000 km
- ‘Shaurya’, which is the land variant of India’s K-15 missile, has a strike range of 700 km to 1000 km and is capable of carrying payloads of 200 kg to 1000 kg.
- The surface-to-surface tactical missile was blasted off from a canister strapped to the ground launcher from launch complex 4 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) in the APJ Abdul Kalam Island.
India – successfully test fired indigenously developed nuclear capable hypersonic missile ‘Shaurya’.
12. Which municipal corporation has launched ‘Swachh Swaari’, a drive under which special vehicles will collect clothes, shoes, stationery and books from residents willing to donate?
Answer: A) Chandigarh
MC commissioner also launched ‘Swachh Ward’, an inter-ward competition, in which major indicators like waste segregation, citizen engagement, etc, will be assessed by an independent committee to declare ward-wise ranking on a monthly basis till January 2021.
Chandigarh municipal corporation – Swachh Swaari’ will collect clothes, shoes, stationery and books from residents willing to donate.
Capital : Chandigarh
Lt Governor: V.P. Singh Badnore
13. Who launched India’s largest handicraft and organic products marketplace- Tribes India E-Marketplace?
A) Ministry of Finance
B) Minister of Tribal Affairs
C) Ministry of Home
D) Ministry of Women and Child Development
Answer: B) Minister of Tribal Affairs
Minister of Tribal Affairs – India’s largest handicraft and organic products marketplace- Tribes India E-Marketplace.
Minister : Arjun munda
Constituency : Khunti, Jharkhand
14. Which state launched a mobile water testing laboratory Van equipped with a multi-parameter system containing analysers, sensors, probes, and instruments based on Colorimentric, Electrochemistry?
Answer: C) Haryana
Capital : Chandigarh
CM: Manohar Lal Khattar
Governor : Satyadev Narayan Arya