Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
November – 26 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Which edition of Constitution Day’ is observed on 26th November?
Answer: C) 71st
- On 26th November 1949, the Constituent Assembly of India adopted the Constitution of India, which came into effect from 26th January 1950.
- Therefore, 26th day of November every year is celebrated as ‘Constitution Day’ to promote Constitutional values among citizens.
- Constitution Day, also known as “SamvidhanDiwas”(#SamvidhanDiwas) is celebrated in India every year, to commemorate the adoption of the Constitution of India.
- It’s a celebration of one of the finest Constitutions of the world which is the foundation of the country.
25 November – International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women – “Orange the World: Fund, Respond, Prevent, Collect!”
2. Razvan Martin is related to which sports?
Answer: A) Weightlifting
- Two Romanian weightlifters were stripped of their 2012 Olympic medals after positive doping tests, extending the record of doping cases at any Summer or Winter Games to 77.
- The International Olympic Committee said silver medalist Roxana Cocos and bronze medalist Razvan Martin tested positive for multiple steroids in a reanalysis of their samples.
- A third Romanian, Gabriel Sincraian, also tested positive for steroids. He now faces a life ban from the International Weightlifting Federation for a third doping sanction.
Razvan Martin – Test positive for multiple steroids in a reanalysis of their samples – suspended.
3. Diego Maradona passed away. He was related to which sports?
C) Base Ball
Answer: A) Football
Diego Maradona – Argentine football legend.
Capital : Buenos Aires
Currency : Argentine Peso
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. SEBI launched SMART’s program aimed at enhancing investor education and awareness. What is the expansion of M in SMART’s?
Answer: C) Market
Markets regulator Sebi launched the Securities Market Trainers (SMART’s) program, an initiative aimed at enhancing investor education and awareness.
SEBI – SMART’s program to increase investor awareness.
SEBI: Headquarters : Mumbai, Maharashtra
Chairman : Ajay Tyagi
5. ADB has approved a how much amount loan to help the Government of Cook Islands manage the social and economic impacts of COVID-19 pandemic?
A) $25 million
B) $20 million
C) $30 million
D) $50 million
Answer: B) $20 million
|ADB||Pacific||$94 million||To help boost disaster resilience|
|ADB||Cook Islands||$20 million||COVID-19 impacts|
|World Bank||Ecuador||$514 million||Economic recovery|
ADB – $20m loan to help Cook Islands manage COVID-19 impacts.
Hq: Washington D.C, US
Head: David Malpass
Asian Development Bank:
Hq: Manila, Philippines
Head : Masatsugu Asakawa
Currencies: New Zealand dollar, Cook Islands dollar
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
6. Which IT has collaborated with the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology to create a robust education and skilling ecosystem through the Common Services Centre Academy?
Answer: B) IBM
IBM + MeitY = Collaborate to build future-ready skills, enhance employability.
Law and Justice, Communications and Electronics and Information Technology:
Minister : Ravi Shankar Prasad
Constituency :Patna Sahib, Bihar
IBM India: Headquarters : Bangalore, Karnataka
IBM India MD & CEO : Sandip Patel
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
7. Which Ministry e-releases Documentary “Illustrations and Calligraphy in the Constitution of India” to mark the Constitution Day?
A) Women & Child Development
B) Social Justice and Empowerment
Answer: B) Social Justice and Empowerment
Union Minister Dr Thawar Chand Gehlot, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment e-released a Documentary titled “Illustrations and Calligraphy in the Constitution of India”in New Delhi Produced by Dr Ambedkar International Centre (DAIC), of M/o Social Justice & Empowerment, the documentary was released to mark the Constitution Day celebrated on 26th November every year.
Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot – Documentary “Illustrations and Calligraphy in the Constitution of India” .
Social Justice and Empowerment:
Minister : Thawar Chand Gehlot
Constituency : Rajya Sabha MP, Madhya Pradesh
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
8. IIT Delhi’s Startup Nanosafe Solutions Launches India’s First Zero Alcohol Sanitizer named _____?
A) SelfSafe sanitizer
B) RubSafe sanitizer
C) RedMade sanitizer
D) RubiMafe sanitizer
Answer: B) RubSafe sanitizer
Nanosafe Solutions, IIT Delhi – RubSafe sanitizer – India’s First Zero Alcohol Sanitizer.
9. Which IIT has developed a handy device for the visually impaired. for typing in braille?
A) IIT Madras
B) IIT Bombay
C) IIT Gandhinagar
D) IIT Hyderabad
Answer: A) IIT Madras
- Four students from the Indian Institute of Technology – Madras have come together to develop a handy device for the visually impaired.
- The assistive device fits into the port of a smartphone and helps them to type, learn and read braille content. It also allows them to self-navigate through space and recognise people and objects.
IIT Madras – Design device for typing in braille.
10. The very severe cyclonic storm Nivar crossed the TamilNadu and Puducherry coast. What is stimated wind speed of this storm?
A) 100-130 kmph
B) 120-130 kmph
C) 110-130 kmph
D) 120-150 kmph
Answer: B) 120-130 kmph
Cyclone Nivar – Cross TN, Puducherry, felling trees, disrupting power.
11. The United Nations has released how much amount to support women-led organisations that prevent and respond to gender-based violence?
A) $25 million
B) $20 million
C) $30 million
D) $50 million
Answer: A) $25 million
- The United Nations humanitarian chief has released 25 million US dollars from its emergency fund to support women-led organisations that prevent and respond to gender-based violence.
- UNFPA will receive 17 million dollars and 8 million dollars will go to UN Women.
UN – Release $25 mn for women-led projects fighting gender-based violence.
12. Nitin Gadkari to lay foundation Stone and inaugurate how many highway projects worth nearly Rs7500 crore in Uttar Pradesh?
Answer: A) 16
|Sl. No.||Name of Project||Length in km||Cost in Rs. crore|
Dedication to Nation NH Project
|1.||Widening to 4-lane from Meerut to Bulandhshahar of NH-235||61.19||2407.91|
|2.||Construction of 4-lane Gorakhpur bypass from JungalKaudiya of NH-24 to Kaleshwar on NH-27||17.66||866.00|
|3.||Rehabilitation & Up-gradation of NH-76 from Kabrai to Banda in district ofMahoba& Banda||37.00||215.16|
|4.||Rehabilitation & Up-gradation of NH-76 from Mau to Jasra in district ofChitrakoot&Prayagraj||53.55||218.94|
|5.||Rehabilitation & Up-gradation to 4-lane of NH-96 from Pratapgarh to Prayagraj bypass in district ofPratapgarh&Prayagraj||34.70||599.35|
|6.||Rehabilitation & Up-gradation of NH-730 from Barhani to Kataya in district of Siddharthnagar||35.00||209.10|
|7.||Rehabilitation & Up-gradation of NH-730 from Bahraich to Shrawasti in district of Bahraich&Shrawasti||61.90||388.83|
|8.||Construction of ROB in lieu of COD crossing (LC no.79D) in Kanpur district||1 Job
|E-Foundation NH Projects|
|9.||Strengthening of NH-75E in the district of Sonebhadra from MP/UP border to UP/Jharkhand border||65.21||57.50|
|10.||Strengthening of NH-75E in the district of Sonebhadra from MP/UP border to UP/Jharkhand border||26.81||29.63|
|11.||Widening & Strengthening of NH-91A from BharthanaChowk to Kudarkoot in district of Etawah&Auraiya||40.00||262.37|
|12.||Widening & Strengthening of NH-135C from Drumandganj to Halia in district of Mirzapur||18.40||39.37|
|13.||Widening & Strengthening of NH-135C from Rampur to Bhadewara in district of Prayagraj||15.00||76.23|
|14.||Widening & Strengthening of NH-227Abetween Sikringanj& Gola in district of Gorakhpur||9.00||37.52|
|15.||Widening & Strengthening of NH-730 between Tamkuhiraj&Padrauna in district of Kushinagar||19.00||69.67|
|Start of Work (KaryaSubharambh)|
|16||Construction of 6-lane bridge parallel to the existing bridge on Ganga river on NH-96 in Phaphamau in district of Prayagraj||9.90||1948.25|
Road Transport and Highways and Micro, Small and
Minister: Nitin Gadkari
Constituency : Nagpur. Maharashtra
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel
Gadkari – foundation Stone and inaugurate 16 highway projects worth nearly Rs7500 crore in Uttar Pradesh.
13. The government has approved seven proposals of Food Processing Projects worth over how much amount?
A) 434 crore rupees
B) 334 crore rupees
C) 134 crore rupees
D) 234 crore rupees
Answer: D) 234 crore rupees
- The government has approved seven proposals of Food Processing Projects worth over 234 crore rupees.
- It also includes grants-in-aid of 60.87 crores rupees in Meghalaya, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, and Maharashtra.
- Minister of Food Processing Industries Narendra Singh Tomar virtually chaired Inter-Ministerial Approval Committee meeting yesterday.
- Proposals received under the Scheme for Creation of Infrastructure for Agro-Processing Cluster of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana were considered.
The scheme for Creation of Infrastructure for Agro-Processing Cluster:
- The scheme for Creation of Infrastructure for Agro-Processing Cluster was approved in 2017 under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana to incentivize the setting up of agro processing clusters in the country.
- This scheme aims at development of modern infrastructure to encourage entrepreneurs to set up food processing units based on cluster approach.
Govt – Approve 7 proposals of Food Processing Projects worth over Rs 234 cr.
14. TRAI slaps how much amount to BSNL, which failed to respond to Trai’s show-cause notices and produce performance-monitoring reports?
A) Rs 1.82 crore
B) Rs 1.33 crore
C) Rs 30.1 crore
D) Rs 1.41 crore
Answer: C) Rs 30.1 crore
- The telecom regulator has imposed penalties collectively amounting to Rs 35 crore on eight operators including Bharti Airtel , Vodafone Idea and Reliance Jio for allowing cybercriminals to issue fake SMSes to dupe digital payment users.
- The highest penalty of Rs 30.1 crore was imposed on BSNL, which failed to respond to Trai’s show-cause notices and produce performance-monitoring reports, followed by Rs 1.82 crore on Vi, Rs 1.41 crore on Quadrant and Rs 1.33 crore on Airtel.
Trai – slap ₹35 crore penalty on tel-cos for fake text messages
15. Which state approved a scheme under the Chief Minister’s Rojgar Yojana (CMRY), which will help engineering graduates and diploma holders win government contracts for small works?
Answer: A) Goa
- Engineers who have just earned their diploma or degree, and are below the age of 35, are eligible for the scheme.
- Projects of up to Rs 5 lakh will be allotted to engineers with a diploma, while those holding a degree can bid for works of up to Rs 10 lakh.
Goa – Approve employment scheme for young engineers.
CM: Pramod Sawant
Governor : Bhagat singh koshyari
16. The Uttar Pradesh government has approved Ganga Expressway project worth Rs 36,402 crore running along the river from Hardwar to Allahabad. What is the length of this expressway?
Answer: C) 594-km
- The Uttar Pradesh government has approved an ambitious 594-km Ganga Expressway project worth Rs 36,402 crore running along the river from Hardwar to Allahabad.
- The decision to build the expressway between the two cities on the riverbank while running through Meerut, Hapur, Bulandshahr, Amroha, Sambhal, Shahjahanpur, Hardoi, Unnao and Rae Bareli was taken in a UP Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
UP – Approve ambitious Ganga Expressway project worth Rs 36,402 cr -594-km.
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel
17. Indian Railway has launched completely digitized online Human Resource Management System (HRMS). Who is the chairman of Indian Railways?
A) Sathish Reddy
B) Anand Kumar
C) Dinesh Singh
D) Vinod Kumar Yadav
Answer: D) Vinod Kumar Yadav
- Indian Railway has launched completely digitized online Human Resource Management System (HRMS).
- Human Resource Management System (HRMS) is a high thrust project for Indian Railways to leverage improved productivity & employee satisfaction.
- It is a move to improve efficiency and productivity of Railway system and a step towards realizing the vision of Hon’ble Prime Minister to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy.
- Railway Board has launched following modules of HRMS & User depot useful for railway employees and pensioners today via video conferencing.
- Employee Self Service (ESS) module enables railway employees to interact with various modules of HRMS including communication regarding change of data.
- Provident Fund (PF) Advance module enables Railway employees to check their PF balance and apply for PF advance online. Advance processing will be online and employees will also be able to see the status of their PF application online.
- Settlement module digitizes the entire settlement process of retiring employees.
- Employees can fill their settlement / pension booklet online. Service details are fetched online and pension is processed online completely. This will eliminate use of paper and it also facilitates monitoring for timely processing of settlement dues of retiring employees.
Indian Railway – Launch digitized online Human Resource Management System (HRMS).