Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
November – 09 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Which edition of formation day of Uttarakhand is observed on November 9?
Answer: B) 21
World Adoption Day – November 9.
2. Daniil Medvedev wins the Paris Masters for the first time by beating Alexander Zverev. Daniil Medvedev is related to which country?
Answer: A) Russia
Alexander Zverev – Germany.
Daniil Medvedev – defeat Alexander Zverev in Paris Masters final to clinch his 8th ATP title.
Russia: Capital :Moscow
Currency : Russian Ruble
3. P G Kakodkar passed away. He served as Chairman of Which Bank?
Answer: A) SBI
P G Kakodkar – Former SBI Chairman.
State Bank of India:
HQ : Mumbai, Maharashtra
Head : Dinesh Kumar Khara
Tagline : Pure Banking Nothing Else,
The Nation Bank on Us, The Banker to Every Indian,
A Bank of the Common Man
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. Which Bank has launched Rupay Debit card – National Common Mobility Debit Card?
A) Karnataka Bank
B) Axis Bank
Answer: A) Karnataka Bank
Karnataka Bank – National Common Mobility Debit card.
MD and CEO : MahabaleshwaraM.S
Tagline : Your Family Bank across India
5. Which Bank partners with with Bharti AXA General Insurance to offer comprehensive car insurance to its customers?
A) FINO Payment Bank
B) Jio Payments Bank
C) Patym Payments Bank
D) Airtel Payments Bank
Answer: D) Airtel Payments Bank
Airtel Payments Bank + Bharti AXA General – Car insurance.
Airtel payments bank:
Hq : New Delhi, India.
CEO : Anubrata Biswas
Tagline : Banking Is Now At Your Fingertips India’s First Payment Bank
Bharti AXA General Insurance:
Hq : Mumbai, Maharashtra
CEO : Sanjeev Srinivasan
6. Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance has launched India’s first individual Covid-19 life insurance product ‘Covid Shield+’ to secure people’s dreams and aspirations from the financial impact of a Covid-19 diagnosis. What is the premium of in this insurance?
A) Rs 3,329
B) Rs 4,329
C) Rs 5,329
D) Rs 2,329
Answer: C) Rs 5,329
- Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance has launched a Coronavirus (COVID-19) life insurance product.
- This product has a one-year tenure and offers financial protection against COVID-19 hospitalisation.
- The product offers a critical illness benefit of minimum Rs 10 lakh post 24-hour ICU (intensive care unit) or HDU (high dependency unit) hospitalization owing to COVID-19.
- In addition, on diagnosis of COVID-19, the product also triggers minimum enhanced term cover worth Rs 25 lakh sum assured.
Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance – India’s first individual Covid-19 life insurance product ‘Covid Shield+’
Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance:
Headquarters : Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO : Sumit Rai
7. Luis Arce is appointed as President of Bolivia. What is the Capital of Bolivia?
D) Sucre La Paz
Answer: D) Sucre La Paz
Luis Arce – President of Bolivia.
Capital : Sucre La Paz
Currency : Bolivian Boliviano
8. Joe Biden has formed 12-person coronavirus taskforce co-chaired by by whom?
A) Ashok Murthy
B) Dhanush Murthy
C) Vivek Murthy
D) Sudha Murthy
Answer: C) Vivek Murthy
Joe Biden – new Covid-19 task force under Vivek Murthy.
Capital : Washington D.C
Currency :US Dollar
9. Which district secured the second position in the National Water Awards 2020 in the revival of river category in the South Zone?
Answer: C) Karur
- Karur bags national award for reviving Ponnaiyaru.
- The department of Rural Development has been given an award from the Ministry of Jal Shakti for their work in reviving the Ponnaiyaru, a river flowing through the district. The district secured the second position in the National Water Awards 2020 in the revival of river category in the South Zone.
Karur – the second position in the National Water Awards 2020 in the revival of river category.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
10. IIT Madras researchers develop ultrasonic waves-based temperature measurement sensors for industrial furnaces. What is the name of that sensors?
Answer: A) µTMapS
Indian Institute of Technology Madras Researchers have developed a disruptive sensor technology to greatly increase the efficiency of industrial ovens in fertilizer, petrochemical, chemical and manufacturing sectors Called ‘µTMapS’ (or) ‘Multi Point Temperature Measurement Sensor,’ it provides automated and intelligent measurements that can replace existing heat process control systems that cause expensive forced shutdowns and early retirement of components well before its designed life.
IIT Madras – develop ultrasonic waves-based temperature measurement sensors for industrial furnaces.
11. Tata Medical and Diagnostics Ltd (TataMD) and which organisation launched new diagnostic testing for COVID-19 named ‘TataMD CHECK’?
Answer: C) CSIR-IGIB
Tata Medical and Diagnostics Ltd (TataMD) on Monday launched new diagnostic testing for COVID-19 — claiming it to be more efficient and simpler than the existing ones — with the ability to scale up test on a large scale across the country.
The company’s test ‘TataMD CHECK’ has been developed in partnership with CSIR-IGIB (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology).
TataMD + CSIR-IGIB = new diagnostic testing for COVID-19 named ‘TataMD CHECK’.
12. which state launched the first state in the country free high-speed WiFi service for all government colleges and universities in the state?
A) Andhra Pradesh
B) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C) Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand – free Wi-Fi service for govt colleges.
Capital : Dehradun(Winter), Gairsain(Summer)
CM : Trivendra Singh Rawat
Governor : Baby Rani Maurya
13. UK roll out which Vitamin supplements for people vulnerable as covid-19 protection?
Answer: D) D
UK – Vitamin D rollout to vulnerable as covid-19 protection.
Capital : London
Currency : Pound Sterling
14. India and the Maldives signed how many agreements to boost economic recovery amid the Covid-19 pandemic?
Answer: C) 4
- There are One of four memorandums of understanding (MoUs) signed by the two sides was for the grant of $100 million by India for the $500-million Greater Male Connectivity Project (GMCP) that will link capital Male with three islands.
- India will also provide a $400-million line of credit for the project, the largest such infrastructure venture undertaken in the Maldives.
- The other MoUs were for setting up soil and plant testing laboratories through a grant of 1.71 million Maldivian rufiyaas, establishing a drug detox facility through a grant of 7.7 million Maldivian rufiyaas and cooperation in sports and youth affairs.
India + the Maldives – 4 agreements to boost economic recovery amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
15. Which airport introduces ‘Smart Bathrooms’ for passengers to ensure safety from Covid-19?
A) Singapore Airport
B) Delhi Airport
C) Dallas Airport
D) Tokyo Airport
Answer: C) Dallas Airport
Dallas Airport – Smart Bathrooms’ for passengers to ensure safety from Covid-19.
16. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will inaugurate a model of the anti-satellite missile system at DRDO in New Delhi. Who is chairman of DRDO?
A) G. Satheesh Reddy
B) Rakesh Sharma
C) Tarun Chugh
D) G R Chintala
Answer: A) G. Satheesh Reddy
Rajnath Singh – inaugurate a model of the anti-satellite missile system at DRDO in New Delhi.
Ministry of Defence:
Minister : Rajnath Singh
Constituency : Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
DRDO: Hq : New Delhi
DRDO Chairman : G. Satheesh Reddy
17. PM Narendra Modi inaugurated and laid the foundation for how many development projects in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh?
Answer: B) 30
- The event, which was joined by Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath, marked the inauguration of 16 schemes worth over Rs 219 crore and the foundation of 14 projects worth over Rs 394 crore.
- The projects for which foundation stones were laid today, include the redevelopment of Dashashwamedh Ghat and Khidkiya Ghat, barracks for PAC police force, redevelopment of certain wards of Kashi, parking facility along with redevelopment of park in Beniya Bagh, upgradation of the multi-purpose hall in Girija Devi Sanskritik Sankul, repair work of roads in the city and development of tourist places.
Prime Minister – inaugurate & lays foundation for 30 development projects in Varanasi.
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel
18. which organisation has introduced a ‘shorter working period scheme’ for helping employees attain a better work-life balance?
Answer: A) SAIL
- Under the Scheme, employees upto E-7 grade can opt for various shorter working hours options like three days a week, working every alternate day, four hours every working day or half of the working days in a month with a variable pay structure without having any bearings on their facilities and benefits including HRA/accommodation, medical benefits and other perks, as per the scheme.
- This scheme is aimed at facilitating employees for self-development, getting opportunities to enhance their knowledge and expertise while managing their working hours/time by making it flexible.
SAIL – ‘Shorter Working Period Scheme’ For Employees.
Chairman: Anil Kumar Chaudhary
Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
19. India Mobile Congress to be held from December 8-10 2020. This year is in which edition?
Answer: D) 4
- Minister of State for Communications, Education and Electronics & Information Technology, Shri Sanjay Dhotre announced the fourth edition of the India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2020, through a video message.
- The IMC 2020 is scheduled for 8th -10th December, and will be held virtually this year given the ongoing pandemic.
- This prestigious event, jointly organized by the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) and Cellular Operators Association of India (COAT), will see 50+ participating countries, 110 + Global Speakers , Start-ups, 30 plus hrs of content, with over 15000 expected visitors over the three day programme.
This year IMC’s theme is going to be – “Inclusive Innovation – Smart I Secure I Sustainable”.
20. Which Ministry inaugurated the 13th Urban Mobility India Conference on the theme of “Emerging Trends in Urban Mobility”?
A) Women & Child Development Ministry
B) Health Ministry
C) Finance Ministry
D) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
Answer: D) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs -13th Urban Mobility India Conference on the theme of “Emerging Trends in Urban Mobility”.
Housing and Urban Affairs, Civil Aviation:
Minister : Hardeep Singh Puri
Constituency : Rajaya sabha MP, Uttar Pradesh