Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
March 13 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
1. Which organisation and Boston Consulting Group (BCG) unveiled ‘India FinTech: A USD 100 Billion Opportunity’ report?
Answer: E) FICCI
- The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) and Boston Consulting Group (BCG) unveiled ‘India FinTech: A USD 100 Billion Opportunity’ report. The report details the findings from the study that BCG and FICCI undertook to size the value-creation potential and identify imperatives for India’s FinTech growth.
- India’s dynamic FinTech industry has 2100+ FinTechs of which 67% have been set up over the last 5 years alone.
- The total valuation of the industry is estimated at $50-$60 billion.
- The industry’s growth has been undeterred by the pandemic, as it has seen the emergence of 3 new Unicorns and 5 new Soonicorns (USD 500Mn+ valuation) since January 2020.
- The Fintech industry’s strong growth is due to India’s deep-rooted customer demand, diverse capital flows, strong tech talent and enabling policy framework.
- Over the next 5 years, India’s FinTech industry is expected to continue its strong upward trajectory.
- Another theme covered in this report is Internationalization of Indian FinTechs.
- To develop a close understanding of the FinTech industry’s multinational ambitions, BCG and FICCI conducted the BCG-FICCI FinTech survey 2021.
- The survey reveals that 39% of Indian FinTechs surveyed have a presence outside India and 73% of FinTechs surveyed are actively considering international expansion opportunities.
- South-East Asia was the most sought-after destination for international expansion, followed by North America.
Abbreviation : Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry
Headquarters location: New Delhi
Secretary General: Dilip Chenoy
FICCI-BCG report – India’s fintech industry seen at $150-160 bn by 2025.
2. Ittira Davis is appointed as the new Part-Time Chairman of which small finance Bank?
A) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank.
B) Janalakshmi Small Finance Bank.
C) Equitas Small Finance Bank.
D) A U Small Finance Bank.
E) Capital Small Finance Bank
Answer: A) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank.
- The board of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank has passed a resolution for the appointment of Ittira Davis as the new Part-Time Chairman, subject to the approval of Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- The bank has also appointed Rajesh Kumar Jogi, Harish Devarajan and
Umesh Bellur as additional directors.
Ujjivan Small Finance bank:
headquarters : Bangalore, Karnataka
CEO : Samit Kumar Ghosh
Ittira Davis – New Part-Time Chairman of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank.
3. How many writers will be bestowed with the Sahitya Akademi Award 2020?
Answer: E) 20
Sahitya Akademi Award:
- The Sahitya Akademi Award is a literary honour in India, which the Sahitya Akademi, India’s National Academy of Letters, annually confers on writers of the most outstanding books of literary merit published in any of the 24 major Indian languages i.e., English and the 22 listed languages in the Eighth Schedule of the Indian Constitution recognised by the Sahitya Akademi, New Delhi.
- Established in 1954, the award comprises a plaque and a cash prize of
- The award’s purpose is to recognize and promote excellence in Indian writing and also acknowledge new trends.
- The annual process of selecting awardees runs for the preceding twelve months.
- The plaque awarded by the Sahitya Akademi was designed by the Indian film-maker Satyajit Ray.
- Prior to this, the plaque occasionally was made of marble, but this practice was discontinued because of the excessive weight.
- During the Indo-Pakistan War of 1965, the plaque was substituted with national savings bonds.
|Language||Title & Genre||Name of the Author|
|Assamese||Bengsata (Short Stories)||Apurba Kumar Saikia|
|Bengali||Eka Eka Ekashi (Memoirs)||Sankar (Manishankar Mukhopadhyay)|
|Bodo||Gwethenay Lamayar Gwdan Agan (Short Stories)||(Late) Dharanidhar Owari|
|Dogri||Baba Jitmal (Play)||Gian Singh|
|English||When God is a Traveller (Poetry)||Arundhathi Subramaniam|
|Gujarati||Banaras Diary (Poetry)||Harish Meenashru|
|Hindhi||Tokri Mein Diagant ‘Their Gatha’ : 2014 (Poetry)||Anamika|
|Kannada||Sri Bahubali Ahimsadigvijayam (Epic Poetry)||M. Veerappa Moily|
|Kashmiri||Tilasm-e-Khanabadosh (Short Stories)||(Late) Hirday Koul Bharti|
|Konkani||Yugaparivathanancho Yatri (Poetry)||R.S. Bhaskar|
|Maithili||Gachh Roosai Achhi (Short Stories)||Kamalkant Jha|
|Manipuri||Malangbana Kari Hai (Poetry)||Irungbam Deven|
|Punjabi||Aam Khass (Short Stories)||Gurudev Singh Rupana|
|Sanskrit||Vaishali (Novel)||Mahesh Chandra Sharma Gautam|
|Santali||Gur Dak Kasa Dak (Poetry)||Rupchand Hansdah|
|Sindhi||Jehad (Plays)||Jetho Lalwani|
|Tamil||Sellaatha Panam (Novel)||Imaiyam|
|Telugu||Agniswaasa (2015-2017) (Poetry)||Nikhileshwar|
|Urdu||Amawas Main Khwab (Novel)||Hussain-ul-Haque|
20 writers – The Sahitya Akademi Award 2020.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
4. Which organization has launched a sounding rocket to study attitudinal variations in the neutral winds and plasma dynamics from Sriharikota spaceport?
Answer: E) ISRO
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has launched a sounding rocket to study attitudinal variations in the neutral winds and plasma dynamics from Sriharikota spaceport.
- ISRO has developed a series of sounding rockets called Rohini series, important among them being RH-200, RH-300 and RH-560, number in the name indicating the diameter of the rocket in mm.
- Sounding rockets are one or two stage solid propellant rockets used for probing the upper atmospheric regions and for space research.
- They also serve as easily affordable platforms to test or prove prototypes of new components or subsystems intended for use in launch vehicles and satellites.
Abbreviation: Indian Space Research Organisation
Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka
Chairman: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
ISRO – Sounding rocket RH-560 to study attitudinal variations.
5. Which Ministry launches framework for water quality testing, monitoring?
A) Jal Shakti Minister
B) Finance Minister
C) Women & Child Development Minister
D) Health Minister
E) Minister of Shipping
Answer: A) Jal Shakti Minister
- The Ministry of Jal Shakti launched a framework and guidelines for testing, monitoring and surveillance of drinking water quality as well as a Water Quality Information Management System (WQMIS), an online portal that provides detailed information on laboratories for this purpose.
- The guidelines specify work to be done in terms of surveillance and monitoring at the state, district, block/tehsil and village levels.
- The basic water quality parameters prescribed under the guidelines are pH value, total dissolved solids, turbidity, chloride, total alkalinity, total hardness, sulphate, iron, total arsenic, fluoride, nitrate, total coliform bacteria, e.coil or
thermo-tolerant coliform bacteria.
- The guidelines have been prepared in consultation with the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
- According to a 2018 assessment by the Central Ground Water Board, 52 per cent of all the blocks in the country have inter alia any one of the geogenic contaminants like arsenic, chloride, fluoride, iron, nitrate and salinity.
Minister: Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
Constituency: Jodhpur, Rajasthan
Jal Shakti Ministry – Framework for water quality testing, monitoring.
6. Which state industries department has introduced a new centralised inspection system aimed at simplifying the process of inspections at factories, manufacturing units and other businesses?
C) Andhra Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: E) Karnataka
- Karnataka’s industries department has introduced a new centralised inspection system aimed at simplifying the process of inspections at factories, manufacturing units and other businesses.
- Industries had all along been urging the government to cut down on inspections, and combine many inspections into one.
- The Single window system will enable the departments of factories, boilers and industrial safety, labour and legal metrology, and the Pollution Control Board to carry out joint inspection of target units.
- Earlier, each of these teams would conduct separate inspections, consuming a lot of productive hours at industries and businesses.
- This practice had often led to harassment too.
- The new system, notified by chief secretary P Ravi Kumar, deploys technology to bring all these inspecting teams on the same page.
- It will facilitate computerised, randomised and system generated inspection scheduling.
CM: B. S. Yeddyurappa
Governor: Vajubhai Vala
Karnataka – Centralised inspection system.
7. The District Administration Ramban has developed a mobile application named e-Suvidha bring many public delivery services and departments on the digital platform. This administration is related to which state/UT?
B) West Bengal
E) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: E) Jammu & Kashmir
- In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, the District Administration, Ramban has developed a mobile application named e-Suvidha, which shall bring many public delivery services and departments on the digital platform.
- The e-Suvidha Mobile App will be available on the Google Play-store and will be a game changer as it will provide access to the people to all basic services like plumbing, electric works, mobile and laptop troubleshooting, masonry, carpentry and skilled jobs on a digital platform with a click on the mobile phones.
Jammu and Kashmir:
Capital: Srinagar(Summer), Jammu(Winter)
Governor: Manoj Sinha
Ramban District Administration – Mobile app named e-Suvidha to deliver public services.
8. Who Inaugurated the 4th Global Ayurveda Festival (GAF) via video conferencing?
A) Nirmala Sitharaman
B) Amit Shah
C) Venkaiah Naidu
D) Ramnath Kovind
E) Narendra Modi
Answer: E) Narendra Modi
- Prime minister Narendra Modi Inaugurated the 4th Global Ayurveda Festival (GAF) via video conferencing.
- The Prime Minister said Ayurveda and traditional medicine gained more importance globally during the covid crisis.
- India promotes ‘Wellness tourism’ (Healthy tourism).
- Wellness tourism is not only about treating the disease but also treating the disease for greater well-being.
- This is an important pillar of Indian Ayurveda and tourism.
- The launch of the National AYUSH Mission of India shows the importance given to Ayurveda.
- It strengthens Ayurvedic treatment and education.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has announced the launch of a global center for traditional medicine in India.
- It is a welcome stand that students from different countries will come to India to study Ayurveda.
- The Prime Minister said that our policy on Ayurveda is in line with the World Health Organization’s traditional treatments for 2014-2023.
- The eight-day Global Ayurveda Festival is attended by scientists from more than 25 countries.
- The Prime Minister said that this indicates the growing interest in Ayurveda and traditional medicine.
- Union Minister for Youth Affairs Kiran Rijiju, who is also in charge of the Ministry of AYUSH, and Union Minister of state for External affairs and Chairman of the Organizing Committee V. Muraleedharan were the chief guests.
Prime Minister, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Department of Atomic Energy, Department of Space and All important policy issues and All other portfolios not allocated to any Minister:
Minister: Narendra Modi
Constituency: Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
Narendra Modi – 4th Global Ayurveda Virtual Festival.
9. Which state has launched a new scheme ‘Mukhyamantri Antyodaya Utthan Abhiyan’?
C) Andhra Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: B) Haryana
- Reiterating state government’s commitment to uplift the poorest of the poor in the spirit of Antyodaya, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar, who also holds the portfolio of Finance Minister while presenting the State Budget for the year 2021-22 during the ongoing Budget session of Haryana Vidhan Sabha, announced a new scheme ‘Mukhyamantri Antyodaya Utthan Abhiyan’.
- The Abhiyan aims to draw verified data from the Parivar Pehchan Patra (PPP) and identify the poorest one lakh families in the State. Under this Abhiyan, the Government aims for economic upliftment of two lakh families in the financial year 2021-22.
- Under this a package of measures from education, skill development, wage employment, self employment and job creation will be adopted and tailored to each family to ensure their economic upliftment so as to reach a minimum economic threshold of Rs 1.80 lakh per annum.
CM: Manohar Lal Khattar
Governor: Satyadev Narayan Arya
Haryana – Mukhyamantri Antyodaya Utthan Abhiyan’.