Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 5 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. World Environment Day is observed on which date?
A) June 3
B) June 2
C) June 4
D) June 5
E) June 1
Answer: D) June 5
- World Environment Day is observed on June 5 every year.
- The purpose of World Environment Day is to spread awareness about the threat to the environment due to rising pollution levels and climate change.
- The first World Environment Day was observed in 1974, giving a global platform for inspiring positive change in the environment.
- The theme of the first World Environment Day was ‘Only One Earth’.
- The United Nations designated June 5 to be observed as World Environment Day.
- The theme for World Environment Day 2021 is ‘Ecosystem Restoration’ and Pakistan will be the global host for the day.
International Day for the Fight against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing:
- International Day for the Fight against Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing is observed on June 5.
- The day is observed to draw attention towards the issue of illegal fishing.
- Due to the illegal, unregulated and unreported fishing activities, every year a loss of 11-26 million tonnes of fish is reported.
2. Youssef Sbaai has been banned for how many years for a doping violation?
Answer: A) 4
- Moroccan distance runner Youssef Sbaai has been banned for four years for a doping violation at the Sofia Marathon he won last year.
3. 60th National Inter-State Senior Athletics Championships to be held in which state?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Punjab
- The Athletics Federation of India finalised Patiala as the venue for the 60th National Inter-State Senior Athletics Championships to be held from June 25-29.
- The competition will serve as the last qualification opportunity for the athletes for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.
4. Narinder Bragta passes away. He was related to which field?
Answer: E) Politician
- The Chief Whip in Himachal Pradesh Assembly and senior BJP MLA Narinder Bragta died at a hospital in Chandigarh.
- He was 68.
- Bragta had recently recovered from COVID-19 and was undergoing treatment for post COVID complications.
- Bragta was elected to the Vidhan Sabha for the first time in 1998 and remained the Horticulture Minister in the BJP regime led by Dhumal from 1998 to 2003.
- He was also a Cabinet minister from 2007 to 2012.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
5. Of Smokeless Fire is authored by whom?
A) Jeff Kinney
B) SK Joshi
C) A.A. Jafri
D) Dr. Mohan Kanda
Answer: C) A.A. Jafri
6. RBI approves re-appointment of Vishwavir Ahuja as MD & CEO of which Bank?
A) Indian Bank
B) HDFC Bank
C) RBL Bank
D) ICICI Bank
E) Federal Bank
Answer: C) RBL Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India has approved the appointment of Vishwavir Ahuja as the Managing Director and CEO of RBL Bank for a one-year period with effect from June 30, 2021.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
7. NMPB and which organisation Sign MoU for Promotion of Cultivation and Production of Medicinal Plants?
Answer: E) CSIR-NBRI
8. Which UT launched a scheme to provide tabs to school children in a bid to support their learning during the coronavirus pandemic?
A) Jammu & Kashmir
C) Daman & Diu
Answer: B) Ladakh
- Ladakh Lieutenant Governor Radha Krishna Mathur launched a scheme to provide tabs to school children in a bid to support their learning during the coronavirus pandemic.
- The YounTab scheme was launched at a virtual event under the scheme 12,300 tablets with pre-loaded online and offline contents, including textbooks, video lectures and online class applications, would be distributed to government school students from classes 6th to 12th.
9. NHPC has incorporated a joint venture firm Ratle Hydroelectric Power Corporation Ltd for implementing 850 MW Ratle project in which UT?
A) Jammu & Kashmir
C) Daman & Diu
Answer: A) Jammu & Kashmir
- The initial paid-up share capital shall be Rs 100 crore divided into 10 crore equity shares of the face value of Rs 10 each, which shall be subscribed by the promoters as early as possible but not later than 90 days from the date of incorporation of the company.
10. Orang tiger reserve is situated in which state?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: C) Assam
- All four tiger reserves of Assam have received accreditation by the National Committee of Conservation Assured Tiger Standards (CATS) for maintaining a high standard of conservation.
- The CATS assessment has been conducted by the National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA), a statutory body under the Union Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change.
Raimona becomes Assam’s sixth national park:
- Raimona in Kokrajhar district has become Assam’s sixth national park.
- Eastern Assam’s Dehing Patkai Wildlife Sanctuary, under stress for unregulated coal mining in the vicinity is in the process of becoming the seventh national park
- The five national parks that existed prior to the 422 sq. km Raimona are Kaziranga, Manas, Nameri, Orang and Dibru-Saikhowa
11. Which state launched an ambitious drive of planting five crore saplings in the state within a year?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B) Bihar
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar launched in Patna, an ambitious drive of planting five crore saplings in the state within a year.
- The drive was set in motion on the occasion of World Environment Day, with the chief minister planting a mahogany sapling on the premises of his official residence.
- The state government proposes to complete ‘Mission 5.0 crore’, which shall be undertaken as part of Kumar’s comprehensive anti-climate change ‘Jal Jeevan Hariyali’ programme, in the financial year 2021-22.
12. Who released the “Report of the Expert Committee on Road Map for ethanol blending in India 2020-2025”?
A) Mansukh Mandaviya
B) Amit Shah
C) Nirmala Sitharaman
D) Narendra Modi
E) Harsh Vardhan
Answer: D) Narendra Modi
India brings forward target of 20% ethanol-blending in petrol to 2023:
- The government has brought forward the target date for achieving 20 per cent ethanol-blending with petrol by two years to 2023 to help reduce India’s dependence on costly oil imports, according to official notification.
- Last year, the government had set a target of reaching 10 per cent ethanol-blending in petrol (10 per cent of ethanol mixed with 90 per cent of diesel) by 2022, and 20 per cent doping by 2030. Earlier this year, the target for 20 per cent blending was brought forward to 2025.
- And now, it has been further advanced to April 2023.
- India is the world’s third-biggest oil importer, relying on foreign suppliers to meet over 85 per cent of its demand.
13. Indian Railways aims to become ‘net zero carbon emitter’ by which year?
Answer: E) 2030
- The Indian Railways said that it is working on a mission to become a ‘net zero carbon emitter’ before 2030, and in the process become the largest ‘Green Railways’ in the world.
- The statement by the national transporter came on the eve of World Environment Day, which is celebrated annually on June 5 to encourage climate action and protection.
- To demonstrate its commitment, the Indian Railways said that country’s railway network is being electrified to reduce pollution and carry on transportation in an environment-friendly way.
- This project to electrify the railway tracks has increased nearly ten times since 2014, the national transporter said, adding that all the balance Broad Gauge (BG) routes are set to be completely electrified by December 2023.