Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 30 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. International Asteroid Day is observed on which date?
A) June 29
B) June 30
C) June 26
D) June 25
E) June 27
Answer: B) June 30
- This day is observed to inspire, engage and educate the people about asteroids opportunities and risks.
- This year’s International Asteroid Day marks the 113th anniversary of the largest recorded asteroid impact that took place near the Tunguska River in Russia’s Siberia.
International Day of Parliamentarism 2021:
- June 30 is observed as the International Day of Parliamentarism every year.
- The Day was designated in 2018 by United Nations General Assembly.
- The day acknowledges the importance of strong parliaments as the cornerstone of democracy, representing the voice of the people, passing laws, implementing laws and policies, and holding governments accountable.
Social Media Day 2021:
- World Social Media day was first celebrated by Mashable on June 30, 2010 to focus on the impact of social media and its role in global communication.
- The first social media platform–Sixdegrees was launched in 1997 and was founded by Andrew Weinreich.
- The website permitted users to list their friends and family members and had various interesting features like bulletin boards, school affiliations and profiles.
2. Aditi Ashok becomes 1st female Indian ______ to qualify for Tokyo Olympics?
Answer: D) Golf
3. What is the rank of India in the world in the Global Cybersecurity Index (GCI) 2020?
Answer: B) 10
|2||UK and Saudi Arabia|
- India has made it to the top 10 in Global Cybersecurity Index (GCI) 2020 by ITU, moving up 37 places to rank as the tenth best country in the world on key Cybersafety parameters.
- As per the ranking, India has moved up by 37 places to rank as the tenth best country in the world in the Global Cybersecurity Index (GCI) 2020 launched by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) on June 29, 2021.
- The US topped the chart, followed by the UK and Saudi Arabia tied on the second position, while Estonia was ranked third in the index.
- India has also secured the fourth position in the Asia Pacific region, underlining its commitment to cybersecurity.
4. Which country is topped in the list of the Global Startup Ecosystem Index 2021 by Startup Blink?
C) South Korea
Answer: B) USA
|1||San Francisco Bay, USA|
|2||New York, USA|
|14||New Delhi, India|
- India has jumped three spots up in the global start-up ranking this year, a possible silver lining amid the chaos that the pandemic has wrought upon us.
- India stands at the 20th spot among the top 100 countries that have been ranked in the Global Startup Ecosystem Index 2021 by Startup Blink.
- The country was in the 17th spot in 2019, after which it slid six spots down and stood at 23 in 2020.
- With this jump, India’s start-up ecosystem makes a re-entry into the global top 20 countries again.
- Like last year, the US, the UK, Israel, Canada and Germany are in the top five spots this year too and continue their lead.
5. Niti Aayog Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Amitabh Kant was given how many-year extension?
Answer: E) 1
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
6. Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences(SGPGIMS), Lucknow and which IIT signed an MoU to set up Centre of Excellence in Telemedicine, Healthcare Robotics?
A) IIT Kharagpur
B) IIT Madras
C) IIT Hyderabad
D) IIT Nagpur
E) IIT Kanpur
Answer: E) IIT Kanpur
- Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences(SGPGIMS), Lucknow and IIT Kanpur signed an MoU to advance innovation in accessible healthcare through indigenous solutions.
- Under the MoU, the institutes will set up a Centre of Excellence in Telemedicine and Healthcare robotics to nurture smart healthcare with an overarching objective of strengthening healthcare systems.
7. The Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) organised a two-day virtual global workshop for parliamentarians of IPU member Parliaments from how many countries?
Answer: E) 170
- The Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) organised a two-day virtual global workshop for parliamentarians of IPU member Parliaments from 170 countries.
- Rajya Sabha Member Dr Sasmit Patra represented India in the workshop.
- The event was jointly organised by United Nations Human Rights and the IPU.
- The theme of the workshop was “COVID-19 pandemic recovery through a human rights lens: What contribution from Parliaments“.
8. Which country was officially certified ‘malaria-free’ by the World Health Organization (WHO)?
C) South Korea
Answer: E) China
- China was officially certified ‘malaria-free’ by the World Health Organization (WHO), becoming the second country in the Asia Pacific region to get the tag, after Sri Lanka in 2016.
- The Asia Pacific Leaders Malaria Alliance (APLMA), Asia Pacific Malaria Elimination Network (APMEN) and their partner The RBM Partnership welcomed China’s achievement and noted the country’s contributions in the fight against malaria.
9. The Union Cabinet approved the how much amount relief package announced by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman to support the pandemic-hit economy?
A) Rs 3.29-lakh crore
B) Rs 2.29-lakh crore
C) Rs 1.29-lakh crore
D) Rs 5.29-lakh crore
E) Rs 6.29-lakh crore
Answer: E) Rs 6.29-lakh crore
- The Union Cabinet approved the Rs 6.29-lakh crore relief package announced by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman to support the pandemic-hit economy.
- Other announcements included an additional Rs 19,041 crore to provide broadband internet cover to all village panchayats, an extension of tenure of a production-linked incentive (PLI) scheme for large-scale electronics manufacturing by a year and Rs 88,000 crore of insurance cover for goods exporters.
10. Which UT rolled out its Special Assistance Scheme for COVID Mortalities (SASCM) to help out families affected by the coronavirus in the union territory?
D) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: D) Jammu & Kashmir
11. The Indian Navy inked a pact with which company to develop emerging technologies related to artificial intelligence, quantum computing and robotics?
Answer: A) BEL
12. Govt approves 17th tranche of electoral bonds. Govt issue 1st tranche of electoral bonds in which year?
Answer: A) 2018
- Ahead of the Assembly elections in five states, the government approved the issuance of the 17th tranche of electoral bonds, which will be open for sale from July 1 to 10.
- The 29 specified SBI branches are in cities such as Kolkata, Guwahati, Chennai, Thiruvananthapuram, Patna, New Delhi, Chandigarh, Shimla, Srinagar, Dehradun, Gandhinagar, Bhopal, Raipur, Mumbai and Lucknow.
- The sale of the first batch of electoral bonds took place from March 1-10, 2018.
13. Which UT launches round-the-clock mental health helpline ‘SUKOON’?
D) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer: D) Jammu & Kashmir
- As part of efforts to improve the mental wellbeing of the people of Jammu and Kashmir amid COVID-19, the State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) on Wednesday inaugurated the ‘Sukoon’, the union territory’s first 24×7 counselling helpline number to provide mental health counselling.
- The name of the program literally translates to ‘relief’ and its main goal is to provide guidance to people dealing with anxiety, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), substance abuse, panic attacks and several other mental issues.
- To access 24×7 services, people have to dial the toll-free number 1800-1807159.
14. Which state/UT unveils ‘Hausla’ scheme for J-K’s women entrepreneurs?
C) Jammu and Kashmir
Answer: C) Jammu and Kashmir
- Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir Manoj Sinha launched a scheme “Hausla” for women entrepreneurs of the Union Territory (UT) which aims at promoting their potential and enable a wider reach of their products and services.
- The main objective of the scheme is to build a comprehensive programme for women entrepreneurs of the region which can serve as a guide for achieving success in their business.
15. Who addresses Meeting of the Ministers of Health of Shanghai Cooperation Organization?
A) Dr Harsh Vardhan
B) Rajnath Singh
C) Shri Prahlad Singh Patel
D) Kiren Rijiju
E) Narendra Modi
Answer: A) Dr Harsh Vardhan