Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 18 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. Which edition of Goa Revolution Day is observed on June 18?
Answer: B) 75
- Goa Revolution Day falls on June 18.
- It was on this day in the year 1946, that the suppressed patriotic feelings of Goans had manifested into a mass revolution.
- Goa Revolution Day is also known as ‘Kranti Din’ which is observed to recall the sacrifices of freedom fighters and Martyrs of Goa’s liberation struggle.
- The people of Goa, under the leadership of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia, stood united against the oppressive system of the colonial rule in Goa to fight for civil liberties. Communal harmony has been the faith of the Goans.
Autistic Pride Day:
- Autistic Pride Day is celebrated every year on June 18.
- Autistic Pride Day dedicated to the people on the Autistic spectrum.
- Autistic Pride Day is very important for autistics, for whom this day is about expressing themselves and assert that they are as much a part of society as all of us are.
International Picnic Day 2021:
- June 18, is marked as International Picnic Day, a day to urge people to get outside and enjoy one other’s company.
- Individuals used to go on picnics to get away from their mundane everyday lives, and while it is difficult to engage in such activities due to the Covid-19 pandemic, there are still ways you can celebrate this day with your loved ones.
2. Kevin O’Brien is related to which sports?
Answer: E) Cricket
- Ireland all-rounder Kevin O’Brien announced his retirement from the 50-over format.
- He has made the decision to close the book on his ODI career to concentrate on T20 cricket, and in the hope of adding to the three Test caps he has to date.
3. Which country has been banned from competing in weightlifting at the Tokyo Olympics over past doping cases?
Answer: B) Romania
- Romania has been banned from competing in weightlifting at the Tokyo Olympics over past doping cases, the International Weightlifting Federation ruled in a decision.
- The Romanian Weightlifting Federation was issued a one-year ban from competition over five doping cases.
- Romania becomes the fourth country barred from the Tokyo weightlifting competition after Egypt, Malaysia and Thailand, which were also excluded over doping-related issues.
4. Kenneth Kaunda has passed away. He was served as First president of which country?
Answer: A) Zambia
- Zambia’s first president and champion of African independence Kenneth Kaunda has died at the age of 97.
- Kaunda was a leader of the campaign that ended British colonial rule and he became Zambia’s first democratically elected president in 1964.
BANKING AND FINANCE
5. Which financial organisation approves $250M project to improve quality of education in Andhra Pradesh?
E) World Bank
Answer: E) World Bank
- The beneficiaries are about four million students (between the age of six and 14) in over 45,000 government schools, over one million children (between the age of three and six) enrolled in Anganwadis (Integrated Child Development Centers), and about 190,000 teachers, and more than 50,000 Anganwadi workers.
6. Which organization has granted ‘in-principal’ approval to Centrum Financial Services Limited to set up a small finance bank?
Answer: E) RBI
7. Which payment platform has launched a new Wallet Auto Top-up feature using UPI e-mandates for its customers?
A) Infosys Finacle
B) Google Pay
Answer: C) PhonePe
- Digital payments platform PhonePe has launched a new Wallet Auto Top-up feature using UPI e-mandates for its customers.
- The feature will allow PhonePe customers to set up a UPI e-mandate once, after which PhonePe will automatically top up their wallet balance when it falls below a minimum level.
- This is meant to ensure a higher transaction rate. PhonePe customers can make multiple payments using their wallet with the new feature without having to top up their wallet balance manually each time.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
8. Which oil company becomes first company to bring ethanol-blended petrol in J&K, Ladakh?
A) Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd
B) Gas Authority of India
C) Bharat Petroleum
D) Essar Oil Limited
E) Reliance Petroleum Limited
Answer: A) Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) has become the first oil firm to start supplies of ethanol-blended petrol in the Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh region.
- The fuel to the Ladakh region is supplied from its Leh depot, situated at an altitude of 11,500 feet.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
9. ‘Sun Salutations’ is authored by whom?
1) Shivaranjani Bharadwaj
2) Devyani Bharadwaj
3) Saranya Bharadwaj
A) Only 2 & 3
B) Only 3
C) Only 1 & 2
D) Only 2
E) Only 1
Answer: C) Only 1 & 2
10. Familial Forestry has won the prestigious Land for Life Award for 2021 conferred by the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD). It is related to which state?
C) Tamil Nadu
Answer: D) Rajasthan
11. The United States Department of Energy (DOE), India’s which ministry and the US India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF) have jointly launched a US-India Hydrogen Task Force?
A) Civil Aviation Ministry
B) Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
C) Home Ministry
D) Women & Child Development Ministry
E) Education Ministry
Answer: B) Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
12. Which country launches new trilateral with Italy and Japan for Indo-Pacific stability?
Answer: B) India
- The ambassadors of Italy in Japan and India, Mr. Giorgio Starace and Mr. Vincenzo de Luca (respectively) inaugurated the event.
13. Which company partners Ministry of Ayush to drive mass awareness on ayurveda, yoga?
E) Bolo Indya
Answer: E) Bolo Indya
- Homegrown social live-streaming platform Bolo Indya said it has partnered with the Ministry of Ayush to drive mass awareness for traditional Indian systems of medicines such as yoga, Ayurveda, Unani, and Siddha to promote healthy living amongst India’s regional internet users.
- Through this collaboration, more than 10 million Indians are expected to be reached in the next 12 months.
- The partnership will also drive mass awareness around the newly launched 24/7 helpline number by the Ministry of Ayush – 14443 to support the people and address all their queries for healthy living.
- The collaboration aims at driving engagement around the Ministry of Ayush’s solutions for COVID-19 for tier I, II, and III language users of the country.
14. Who launches crash course to skill, upskill over one lakh ‘Covid warriors?
A) Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
B) Rajnath Singh
C) Shri Prahlad Singh Patel
D) Kiren Rijiju
E) Narendra Modi
Answer: E) Narendra Modi
- The ‘Customised Crash Course programme for COVID-19 Frontline workers’ aims to skill and upskill over one lakh “Covid warriors” across the country
- The training will be imparted to them in six customised job roles namely home care support, basic care support, advanced care support, emergency care support, sample collection support, and medical equipment support.
15. Which state relaunched government’s Krishak Bandhu scheme, doubling the assistance to farmer- beneficiaries to Rs 10,000 a year?
A) West Bengal
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) West Bengal
- West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee relaunched her government’s Krishak Bandhu scheme, doubling the assistance to farmer- beneficiaries to Rs 10,000 a year.
- She said that day labourers in farmlands and share croppers in possession of at least one katha (0.0165 acre) of land will now receive Rs 4,000 a year, instead of Rs 2,000 they used to get earlier.
- The Krishak Bandhu scheme, launched in 2018, used to provide farmers having one or more acres of landholding with an annual amount of Rs 5,000 (minimum Rs 2,000 per annum assistance on pro-rata basis).
16. Which state launched Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine (PCV) vaccination drive?
A) West Bengal
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B) Jharkhand
- Jharkhand health department launched Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine (PCV) vaccination drive.
- The drive has been launched as a precautionary measure to keep children safe from a possible third wave of COVID-19.
- Under the drive, children between 0-8 years will be vaccinated.
17. Which state launches two portals to provide online education, evaluation, examination for school students?
C) Tamil Nadu
Answer: E) Odisha
- Amid the second wave of covid pandemic and closure of schools, the Odisha government launched two online portals christened as “E-Pathashala” and E –Evaluation for school students in the state.
- The Odisha School Education Programme Authority (OSEPA) has prepared the two portals to provide teaching, evaluate the performance and conduct examination online.
18. Haryana announces how much amount one-time aid for labourers, shopkeepers hit by pandemic?
A) Rs 3,000
B) Rs 1,000
C) Rs 5,000
D) Rs 6,000
E) Rs 8,000
Answer: C) Rs 5,000
- The Haryana government announced a one-time payment of Rs 5,000 each to small shopkeepers, construction workers, auto-rickshaw drivers and unorganised labourers who have faced financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic and lockdown.