Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 1 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. World Milk Day is observed on which date?
A) June 3
B) June 2
C) June 4
D) June 5
E) June 1
Answer: E) June 1
- June 1 is observed as the World Milk Day by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations to celebrate the dairy sector and highlight the importance of milk products as a global food.
- Every year since June 1, 2000, this day is celebrated with various events and programs aimed to highlight the importance of milk.
World Milk Day 2021 Theme:
- World Milk Day 2021 will be celebrated with a theme focusing on sustainability in the dairy sector along with empowering the environment, nutrition, and socio-economic.
Global Day of Parents:
- Designated by the General Assembly in 2012, it was proclaimed that June 1 will be observed annually as the Global Day of Parents in honour of parents throughout the world.
History and significance:
- The important role of the family has increasingly come to the attention of the international community ever since 1980s.
- The United Nations established this day to recognize “the critical role of parents in the rearing of children, the Global Day of Parents recognizes that the family has the primary responsibility for the nurturing and protection of children.
- For the full and harmonious development of their personality, children should grow up in a family environment and in an atmosphere of happiness, love and understanding.”
- Urging us to acknowledge parents’ worth and affection and to value the sacrifices they make for their children, the theme for Parents Day 2021 is ‘Appreciate All Parents Throughout the World’ in endorsement of their struggles and sacrifices towards their children especially during the Covid-19 pandemic which hugely raised their responsibilities.
2. Sanjeet bagged gold medal as Indian contingent finished the 2021 ASBC Asian Championships. He was related to which Kg category?
Answer: C) 91kg
- Indian boxer Sanjeet bagged gold medal as Indian contingent finished the 2021 ASBC Asian Championships with an unprecedented 15 medals – comprising two golds, five silvers and eight bronzes.
- Sanjeet registered a convincing 4-1 victory against the Rio Olympic silver medallist Vassiliy Levit of Kazakhstan in the men’s 91kg final.
- However, Tokyo-bound Amit Panghal (52kg) and Olympian Shiva Thapa (64kg) settled for silver at the Championships, which is jointly hosted by the Boxing Federation of India (BFI) and UAE Boxing Federation.
- During India’s first bout on Monday night, the defending champion Panghal went down fighting against the reigning Olympics champion Zoirov Shakhobidin in a hard-fought men’s 52kg final.
- The World Championships silver medallist put up a great fight against the world champion but it wasn’t enough for the Indian to go past Uzbek boxer as he suffered a narrow 3-2 defeat with 29-28, 28-29, 28-29, 28-29, 30-27 scoreline.
- During a high-voltage 52kg summit clash between top two seeds, both the boxers showed great skills and attacked from the word go.
- The second round saw defending champion Panghal taking time as he was more accurate, hit timely punches with more power and was sharp in defense as well.
- However, Shakhobidin fought back well in time and managed to tilt the game in his favour.
- The Indian team, however, lodged a protest against the verdict contesting round 2 decision but it was not accepted by the Jury Commission as the Panghal ended with silver medal.
- Later, Thapa too suffered a close defeat by split 2-3 against the Asian Games silver medallist Mongolia’s Baatarsukh Chinzorig.
- The world championships bronze medallist is the only second male boxer in the world to win five medals at the Asian Championships.
- The 27-year-old Assam boxer has previously won gold in 2013, silver in 2017 and two bronze in 2015 and 2019.
- Pooja Rani (75kg) had secured India’s first gold at the on-going event.
- Other Indian women boxers including seasoned campaigner Mary Kom (51kg), Lalbuatsaihi (64kg) and Anupama (+81kg) grabbed silver medals on the same day.
- Meanwhile, eight boxers -Vikas Krishan (69kg) Simranjit Kaur (60kg), Lovlina Borgohain (69kg), Jaismine (57kg), Sakshi Chaudhary (54kg), Monika (48kg), Saweety (81kg) and Varinder Singh (60kg) – returned with bronze at the championships as the 19-member Indian contingent ensured the country’s best-ever show surpassing the previous highest of 13 medals achieved during the 2019 edition in Bangkok.
3. Nanda Kishore Patnaik passed away. He was coach of which sports?
Answer: B) Football
- Renowned Football coach Nanda Kishore Patnaik died of Covid while undergoing treatment in a private hospital.
- Born in Baripada on March 16, 1956, Nanda Kishore represented Odisha twice in the Junior football championship in 1977 and 1978.
- He took to coaching in 1992-93 and imparted training to women football players in 1995.
- Nanda Kishore served as the coach of the Odisha Women’s football team several times and has groomed several national and international women footballers like Shradhanjali Samantaray, Ranjita Mohanty, Mamali Das, Runi Nayak and Bishnupriya Mohanty
4. Laxmikant Sharma passed away. He was minister of which state?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: D) Madhya Pradesh
- Senior BJP leader and former Madhya Pradesh minister Laxmikant Sharma died of coronavirus at a private hospital.
- Sharma was elected as an MLA from Sironj Assembly seat for four terms in 1993, 1998, 2003 and 2008.
- The senior BJP leader had served as a minister in the cabinet of former chief ministers Uma Bharti and Babulal Gaur and also under the present Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
BANKING AND FINANCE
5. Which stock exchange signs MoU with Electronics & Computer Software Export Promotion Council to encourage SME & Startup listing?
A) London Stock Exchange
B) Shanghai Stock Exchange
C) New York Stock Exchange
Answer: E) BSE
- BSE, India’s premier exchange and the world’s fastest Stock Exchange with a speed of 6 microseconds, signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Electronics and Computer Software Export Promotion Council (ESC) to create awareness about benefits of listing among ICT SMEs and Startups of the country.
- Electronics and Computer Software Export Promotion Council (ESC) is an organization sponsored by the Central Government with a mandate to promote export of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector from the country and works as a bridge between the Government and the Industry on policy / promotional matters.
- With a strong membership of over 2300 ICT exporters covering the entire gamut of Electronics and IT industry in the areas like Consumer Electronics, Components,
Instrumentation, Telecommunications, Computer Hardware and Peripherals, Computer Software and IT-enabled Services.
- Through this MoU, ESC shall utilize its pan India network of Electronics and IT Exporters and evaluate the SMEs and Startups amongst these for listing on BSE SME and Startup exchange.
- ESC shall also assist in sensitizing its investor network for investing in SMEs listed on BSE SME exchange. Besides, as a joint effort, BSE and ESC shall collectively host joint road shows and events across India to create awareness and promote listing of SMEs & Startups on BSE SME & Startup exchange.
6. The RBI has cancelled the licence of Shivajirao Bhosale Sahakari Bank as the lender does not have adequate capital and earning prospects. Shivajirao Bhosale Sahakari Bank is Situated to which place?
Answer: D) Pune
- The RBI said it has cancelled the licence of Shivajirao Bhosale Sahakari Bank, Pune as the lender does not have adequate capital and earning prospects.
- As per data submitted by Shivajirao Bhosale Sahakari Bank, more than 98 per cent of the depositors will receive full amount of their deposits from the Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC).
- On liquidation, every depositor would be entitled to receive deposit insurance claim amount of his/her deposits up to a monetary ceiling of Rs 5 lakh from the DICGC.
- Giving details, the RBI said the bank does not have adequate capital and earning prospects and as such, it does not comply with the certain provisions of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
7. ‘PI Club and the Circus’ is authored by whom?
A) Jeff Kinney
B) SK Joshi
C) Mr. Akshay Chowdhry
D) Dr. Mohan Kanda
Answer: C) Mr. Akshay Chowdhry
- ‘PI Club and the Circus’ is authored by Mr. Akshay Chowdhry Published in English by Notion Press.
- Savarkar: A contested Legacy (1924-1966) is authored by Vikram Sampath publication of Penguin Random House India.
8. Who is appointed as the additional charge as CBDT chairman?
A) Deepak Mishra
B) Pallav Mohapatra
C) Ganesh Natarajan
D) Jaideep Bhatnagar
E) J B Mohapatra
Answer: E) J B Mohapatra
- J B Mohapatra, a 1985-batch Indian Revenue Service officer, was given the additional charge as CBDT chairman after the extended tenure of incumbent P C Mody ended.
9. B Shyam appointed as India’s next Ambassador to which country?
Answer: A) Iceland
- B Shyam, presently the Consul General of India, Osaka-Kobe, Japan has been appointed as India’s next Ambassador to the Republic of Iceland.
10. Hari Krishna Dwivedi is appointed as Chief Secretary of which state?
B) West Bengal
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B) West Bengal
- A tug-of-war between the Central and the West Bengal government saw two dramatic developments — the retirement of Alapan Bandopadhyay and the appointment of Hari Krishna Dwivedi as his successor to the office of the chief secretary in the state
Alapan Bandopadhyay was appointed the chief advisor to CM Mamata Banerjee.
- He will take on the new role from 1 June for a period of three years.
Centre allocates Rs. 7,000 Crores grant to West Bengal Under Jal Jeevan Mission:
- To provide every household with assured tap water supply on regular and long-term basis, Central Government allocated Rs. 6,998.97 Crore grant to West Bengal under Jal Jeevan Mission for the year 2021-22.
- The Central allocation for the year 2019-20 was Rs. 995.33 Crores, which was increased to Rs. 1,614.18 Crore in 2020-21.
- Union Minister, Jal Shakti Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat while approving the enhanced allocation, also assured full assistance to the State for provision of tap water supply to every rural home by 2024.
- On 15th August, 2019 when Jal Jeevan Mission was announced by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi to provide tap water supply to every rural home by 2024 to improve the lives of people especially women and girls, out of total 19.20 Crore rural households in the country, only 3.23 Crore (17%) had tap water connection.
- During last 21 months, despite disruptions due to Covid-19 pandemic lockdown, Jal Jeevan Mission has been implemented with speed and on a scale so that every household has provision of assured tap water supply by 2024.
- In this period, in the whole country, about 4.25 Crore households have been provided tap water connections, thus increasing coverage by 22% to presently 7.50 Crore i.e. 39% of the total rural households in the country.
11. India, which country to hold Indra-2021 drills in August?
Answer: D) Russia
- The Indra-2021 joint Russian-Indian military drills will take place at the Southern Military District’s Prudboi training ground in the Volgograd Region on August 1-15 this year.
- The drills will involve about 250 servicemen of the Armed Forces of India and around 250 personnel of the Southern Military District.
12. Indira Gandhi International Airport is situated in which Place?
D) New Delhi
Answer: D) New Delhi
- Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi and Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad have got ‘Green Airports Recognition’ by Airports Council International (ACI) Asia-Pacific.
- ACI Asia Pacific, in a virtual ceremony, honoured six airports from Australia, Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong SAR and India in two categories for outstanding achievements in improving local air quality.
- IGI Airport has got Platinum recognition among airports with over 25 million passengers per annum, followed by Gold recognition to Hong Kong International Airport and Silver recognition to Taoyuan International Airport, Taoyuan City, Chinese Taipei.
- In less than 25 million passengers per annum category Brisbane Airport in Australia has been selected for Platinum recognition, followed by RGI Airport, Hyderabad for Gold and Kaohsiung International Airport, Kaohsiung, Chinese Taipei for Silver recognition
Green Airports Recognition was established in 2017 by ACI Asia-Pacific with the support of the Regional Environment Committee.
- The programme’s objective is to promote environmental best practices to minimize aviation’s impact on the environment and to recognize ACI Asia-Pacific airport members who have outstanding accomplishments in their environmental projects.
13. Which UT launched the tele counselling service ‘Pahirvoma’?
A) Jammu & Kashmir
C) Daman & Diu
Answer: E) Puducherry
- Lt. Governor Tamilisai Soundararajan launched the tele counselling service ‘Pahirvoma’ ,organized by the department of Social Works, Pondicherry University and the Directorate of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Puducherry to provide tele-counselling services for those affected by COVID 19, their families and those who are in need.
- Between 10 am and 8 pm, the caller shall have an option to contact the personnel in 104 who shall inform the tele counsellors the next day for necessary action.
- The Department of Social Work, Pondicherry University has formed a Core Committee for this purpose comprising all its six faculty members
14. Which country holds BRICS foreign ministers virtual meeting?
D) South Africa
Answer: E) India
- Boosting cooperation in effectively dealing with the coronavirus pandemic is expected to figure prominently at a virtual meeting of the foreign ministers of India, China and three other member countries of the BRICS grouping.
- India is hosting the meeting as the chair of BRICS (Brazil-Russia-India-China-South Africa).
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar will chair the meeting and his Russian counterpart Sergey Lavrov, Chinese counterpart Wang Yi and the Minister of International Relations and Cooperation of South Africa Grace Naledi Mandisa Pandor are expected to participate.
- The BRICS is known as an influential bloc that represents over 360 crore people and its member countries have a combined GDP of USD 16.6 trillion.
- India is the BRICS chair for 2021.
- This is the third time that the country is holding the BRICS chairship after 2012 and 2016.
- India’s chairship of the grouping has coincided with its 15th anniversary, making it an opportune moment to review its work
- The theme and approach for India’s BRICS chairship is ”BRICS@15: Intra BRICS Cooperation for Continuity, Consolidation and Consensus”.
- The BRICS brings together five of the world’s largest developing countries, representing 41 per cent of the global population, 24 per cent of the global GDP and 16 per cent of the global trade.
- The foreign ministers of the bloc first met in 2006 and the first BRICS summit was held in 2009.
15. Uttar Pradesh launched Mobile app to help Covid, non-Covid patients in which place?
D) New Delhi
Answer: A) Noida
- A new mobile phone application to easily connect people with doctors for medical consultation amid the Covid-19 outbreak has been launched in Uttar Pradesh’s Gautam Buddh Nagar district.
- The app ‘Upchar’ is an initiative of Jewar MLA Dhirendra Singh with support from the Government Institute of Medical Sciences (GIMS).
- It was launched by District Magistrate Suhas L Y, Police Commissioner Alok Singh and Yamuna Authority CEO Arun Vir Singh.
- The app, available in Hindi and English, is aimed at helping the rural people but its benefit is not limited only to them
Sero survey in UP:
- In a bid to understand the prevalence of COVID-19 in the urban and remote areas of Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has directed to conduct a “sero survey” in the state.
- The serological survey will be launched on June 4.