IBPS SO Training Period: The Institute of banking personnel selection has announced 710 specialist officer vacancies for various posts through the recruitment notification released on 31st October 2022. The selection of candidates for the specialist officer posts will be done based on Prelims, Mains and Interview stages. After successful completion of all these stages, the provisional allotment will be made by the IBPS. The allotment of banks is done on the basis of a candidate’s merit and preferences order of the bank. After provisional allotment, the training and other information will be communicated by the respective banks. In this post, the most relevant details of IBPS SO training period, details mentioned on appointment or offer letter, IBPS SO training period salary, responsibilities of specialist officers can be known. Read further for more info!
IBPS SO Training Period
IBPS shortlists candidates and provisionally allocates any one of the Participating Banks who has qualified in both Written Exam & Interview & has cleared the final cutoff. IBPS will also send a selection + confirmation email to all candidates at their registered email IDs about the bank they have allotted. After provisional allotment, the respective banks will further provide respective instructions to the candidates through their email ID registered. Merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained in the mains and interview rounds.
If two candidates obtained the same score, the merit list will be decided as per date of birth. The person higher in age will be given more priority. The provisionally allotted banks will send the appointment letter with the details of formalities to the candidates Email IDs and to the address which were submitted while filling the online application form. In some cases, banks provide information on their website about formalities or joining schedules. The details mentioned on the appointment/offer letter are mentioned below.
When Will Banks Call For Training?
The general time duration taken by the banks between the provisional allotment and training process is,
- It is purely the bank’s decision when to call a candidate for training or joining.
- The general time duration between sending the intimation mail and the result declaration date is usually 20 days or 1 month.
- Some banks may also delay the intimation for training upto six months time period.
Duration Of IBPS SO Training Period
The duration of the IBPS SO training period with the most preferred training locations by the banks are mentioned here. Candidates are trained in the bank’s processes and normal banking procedures.
- Banks conduct training at the banks’ own training Centres, zonal offices, or head offices for the selected candidates.
- In general, the duration of the IBPS SO training period by the majority of the banks will be for 10-15 days.
- Accommodation facilities are provided by the banks during the IBPS SO training period.
- The training classes are usually held for 5-6 hours daily.
- After the completion of the training successfully, candidates will be placed in the banks as specialist officers across various branches in the country.
IBPS SO Training Period Salary
IBPS SO Basic Pay is Rs 23,700. The pay scale for IBPS SO is 23700-980(7)-30560-1145(2)-32850-1310(7)-42020. The IBPS SO Gross Salary is Rs. 38000- 39000. During the training period, IBPS provides the IBPS SO Training Period Salary 2022. The aspirants can check the IBPS SO Salary during training given.
- The candidates will receive a fixed salary during the training period which is lesser than the usual normal pay.
- After the training period, the candidates will receive the in-hand salary of IBPS SO which is after all the deductions, the employee gets Rs 33000/ to Rs 35000/ as an IBPS SO.
Details Mentioned On Appointment / Offer Letter
The details mentioned on the appointment letter or offer letter includes,
- Dates on which the candidates have to report to the bank for IBPS SO training period
- Documents & certificates that the candidates need to carry for verification.
- The mail will also mention the medical test, if any, whose certificate has to be submitted at the time of the joining.
Responsibilities Of Specialist Officer
The responsibilities of the specialist officers selected in the banks all over the country is mentioned here. Banks on various posts the responsibilities may vary. Have a look at the IBPS SO Job profile 2022 in general for specialist officer posts below.
- Oversee the technologies used in banking operations.
- Promote Banking Services and Products among users
- They move around improving market presence and profits of the bank through appropriate marketing campaigns and promotions activities
- To work on multiple or different bank policies.
- Suggest banks for profitable operations based on the RBI Policy of the government.
IBPS SO Career Growth
The promotion chart or career growth for IBPS SO posts are mentioned.
- Scale 1 Officer
- Scale 1 Assistant Manager
- Scale 2 Manager
- Scale 3 Senior Manager
- Scale 4 Chief Manager
- Scale 5 Assistant General Manager
- Scale 6 Deputy General Manager
- Scale 7 General Manager
FAQs – IBPS SO Training Period
The FAQs related to the IBPS SO training period 2022 are given.
Q. Is there any probation period in IBPS SO?
The Specialist Officers recruited through IBPS have to be on probation for at least a period of one year.
Q. Can IBPS SO become a manager?
Specialist Officers (SO) are given ample opportunities to get promoted to higher-level based upon their performances. The IBPS SO promotion details are mentioned here in this page.
Q. Is IBPS SO a permanent job?
Under IBPS all banks are public sector banks and government banks. So, the IBPS SO job is a permanent job.
Q. What is the duty of IBPS SO?
The duties and the responsibilities of the IBPS SO are mentioned here in this paget.
Q. Is the IBPS SO exam tough?
IBPS SO is one of the highly competitive exams and so is the toughness level. Proper preparation practices lead you to success.