Geographical Indications Tags In India 2023 PDF Download: Products, both natural and manufactured, that are connected to a certain geographic area in the nation are given GI Tags, or Geographical Indication Tags. It demonstrates respect for intellectual property. India adopted GI Tag on September 15th, 2003. West Bengal’s Darjeeling Tea received the first GI Tag in India. The Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection) Act, 1999 makes GI tags possible. These tags are distributed by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry’s Department of Industry Promotion and Internal Trade. GI Tag is a crucial topic for both the prelims and main exams. Also, refer to the Geographical Indications Tags In India 2023 pdf provided here. The GI Tag List and current GI Tags in India have been the subject of numerous inquiries in India. According to the Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property, geographic indications are protected as a part of intellectual property rights (IPRs). Download the Geographical Indications Tags In India pdf provided below. The Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS) of the World Trade Organisation (WTO) governs GI internationally. The Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection) Act, 1999, which went into effect in September 2003, is responsible for managing geographical indication registration in India. Darjeeling tea was the first product in India to receive a GI label in the 2004–2005 academic year.
What Is a GI Tag?
GI Tags In India: A geographical indication (GI) tag is a label applied to goods that may be traced back to a particular geographic area. These goods have characteristics or a reputation owing to that origin. The goods may be both organic and manufactured.
When a product has a geographic indication, it may be seen as a certification that it was made using traditional methods, has a given set of characteristics, or has a certain reputation due to its place of origin.
For foods, beverages, agricultural goods, crafts, and industrial products, geographic indications are frequently used.
The well-known product name may only be used by people who have registered as authorized users, according to GI Tag. An indication that a product is made in a certain location is necessary for a sign to be considered a GI. Download the Geographical Indications Tags In India pdf provided below.
List of Geographical Indications Tags in India 2023
GI tags In India were applied on a variety of items from several states, including Kandhamal Haldi from Odisha, Himachali Kala Zeera, and Jeeraphool from Chhattisgarh. Download the Geographical Indications Tags In India pdf provided below. Below is a list of all items with geographical indications labeled:
|List of Geographical Indications Tags in India 2023|
|Kashmir Saffron||Agriculture||Jammu & Kashmir|
|Manipuri Black Rice||Food Stuff||Manipur|
|Kodaikanal Malai Poondu||Agricultural||Tamil Nadu|
|Palani Panchamirtham||Food Stuff||Tamil Nadu|
|Gulbarga Tur Dal||Agricultural||Karnataka|
|Tirur Betel Leaf (Tirur Vettila)||Agricultural||Kerala|
|Idu Mishmi Textiles||Handicraft||Arunachal Pradesh|
|Dindigul Locks||Manufactured||Tamil Nadu|
|Kandangi Saree||Handicraft||Tamil Nadu|
|Srivilliputtur Palkova||Food Stuff||Tamil Nadu|
List of GI Tags in India State Wise 2023
Geographical Indications Tags In India: Download the Geographical Indications Tags In India pdf provided below. The following state-by-state list of the GI tags in India 2023 assigned to manufactured, agricultural, food, and handicraft products:
|Indian State||GI Tags|
|GI Tags In Andhra Pradesh||
|GI Tags In Arunachal Pradesh||
|GI Tags In Assam||
|GI Tags In Bihar||
|GI Tags In Chhattisgarh||
|GI Tags In Goa||
|GI Tags In Gujarat||
|GI Tags In Himachal Pradesh||
|GI Tags In Jammu & Kashmir||
|GI Tags In Jharkhand||
|GI Tags In Karnataka||
|GI Tags In Kerala||
|GI Tags In Madhya Pradesh||
|GI Tags In Maharashtra||
|GI Tags In Manipur||
|GI Tags In Meghalaya||
|GI Tags In Mizoram||
|GI Tags In Nagaland||
|GI Tags In Odisha||
|GI Tags In Rajasthan||
|GI Tags In Tamil Nadu||
|GI Tags In Tripura||
|GI Tags In Telangana||
|GI Tags In Uttar Pradesh||
|GI Tags In West Bengal||
Geographical Indications Tags In India 2023 PDF Download
Geographical Indications Tags In India 2023 PDF Download: Candidates can download the list of GI tags in India 2023 pdf given here for effective preparation of the competitive exams. Download and prepare well for the exams with this Geographical Indications Tags In India 2023 PDF Download link which covers state wise tags list with details.
Importance Of GI Tags In India
- A geographical indicator right makes it easier for individuals who have the right to use the indication to forbid a third party from using it to market a product that doesn’t meet the required standards.
- Legal defense for the goods.
- A protected geographical indicator, however, does not provide its owner the right to prevent others from producing a product using methods that are similar to those described in the regulations for that indication. Typically, GI tags are protected by purchasing a right over the sign that serves as the indicator.
- prevents others from using GI tag items without permission.
- It ensures authenticity and enables customers to obtain high-quality products with required characteristics.
- increases the demand for GI tag products in both domestic and foreign markets, which helps producers of those goods succeed economically. Download the Geographical Indications Tags In India pdf provided above.
- The majority of geographical indicators are traditional goods made by rural areas over many generations that have become well-known on the markets for their distinct attributes.
- The community of producers is able to focus on preserving the specific product characteristics that have given the product its reputation thanks to the market recognition and protection of these items. This can also enable them to pool their resources to invest in building the brand of the product.
- Observed effects of GI on rural development include some of the following: The structure of the supply chain revolves around a shared product reputation.
- Price increases and price stability for the GI product
- Added value when distributed throughout the whole supply chain
- The natural resources that the product is based on can be protected.
- Preservation of customs and knowledge from the past
- Can increase tourism.
- Geographical indications are safeguarded and preserved in numerous nations and regional systems utilizing a variety of techniques, frequently combining two or more techniques. Download the Geographical Indications Tags In India pdf provided above.
- The methods used to protect GI differ in regards to important issues like the prerequisites for protection or the extent of protection. On the other hand, the two forms of protection discussed above, collective or certification mark systems and sui generis systems, have several things in common, like the fact that they provide rights for collective use by people who adhere to prescribed standards.
FAQs – List of Geographical Indications Tags in India
Q. What in India is a GI Tag?
Geographical Indication, also known as a GI Tag, is a label or sign given to a particular product that has a special relation to geographical areas.
Q. What is India’s first GI Tag?
In India, Darjeeling tea received the first GI Tag in 2004–2005. Darjeeling Tea’s name and emblem are both GI-tagged as being from West Bengal.
Q. Why are GI tags so important?
GI tags are crucial for maintaining our nation’s cultural legacy and traditional knowledge. By guaranteeing higher pricing for distinctive, high-quality goods that are exclusively available in India, they support the rural economy.
Q. What is the GI tag logo?
The GI logo resembles the letter “G,” which is made out of the tricolor or the colors of the Indian flag. ‘Invaluable jewels of Incredible India’ is the tagline that appears beneath the logo. This tricolor logo can be seen on all GI-certified items in India.
Q. What is the duration of GI Tag Products’ validity in India?
In India, GI Tags are valid for 10 years. After ten years, they can be renewed.