Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
February 3 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. Ashok Dinda announces retirement from all forms of which sports?
A) Table Tennis
Answer: E) Cricket
- Ashok Dinda, one of the most consistent quick bowlers in Indian domestic cricket for the past one-and-a-half decade, brought down curtains on his career.
- Dinda, who has 420 first-class wickets in his bag, has also played 13 ODIs and nine T20s for India, taking 12 and 17 wickets respectively.
- He has also played in the Indian Premier League, turning out for teams like Kolkata Knight Riders and Pune Warriors.
Ashok Dinda – Announce retirement from all forms of cricket.
2. Badminton Asia Mixed Team Championship scheduled to be held which country was cancelled due to travel restrictions?
Answer: E) China
- Badminton Asia Mixed Team Championship, scheduled to be held in Wuhan in China was cancelled due to travel restrictions and strict quarantine protocols imposed by many countries in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Badminton Asia Mixed Team C’ship – Cancel due to COVID-related restrictions.
3. Hal Holbrook passed away. He won which award?
A) Grammy Award
D) Oscars Award
E) Emmy Award
Answer: E) Emmy Award
- Hal Holbrook, the award-winning character actor who toured the world for more than 50 years as Mark Twain in a one-man show and uttered the immortal advice “Follow the money” in the classic political thriller “All the President’s Men,” has died.
- He took it to Broadway three times — 1966, 1977 and 2005 — and won a Tony Award as best dramatic actor for the 1966 version.
- In 2008, at age 82, he received his first Oscar nomination for playing a lonely widower who befriends young wanderer Christopher McCandless (Emile Hirsch) in director Sean Penn’s “Into the Wild”.
Hal Holbrook – Prolific actor who played Mark Twain.
4. What is the rank of india in the list of the 2020 Democracy Index’s global ranking?
Answer: A) 53
- Released By The Economist Intelligence Unit.
- Countries: 167.
BANKING AND FINANCE
5. Which insurance company signs partnership with Okinawa Autotech for E-bike insurance?
A) Cholamandalam MS General Insurance
B) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance.
C) ICICI Lombard General Insurance
D) Apollo Munich Health Insurance
E) Edelweiss General Insurance
Answer: E) Edelweiss General Insurance
- Edelweiss General Insurance (EGI) has entered into an exclusive partnership with Okinawa Autotech Pvt Ltd, India’s largest Electric Two-wheeler manufacturer with over 40 pc market share.
- EGI will leverage Okinawa’s vast dealership network (over 350 dealerships currently) across India, to offer customers simple, end to end, digital driven solutions, aimed at ensuring superior customer experience.
- The partnership will help EGI provide customised solutions to customers of Okinawa across the country.
- Customers can now avail of a comprehensive insurance policy and will have the option to choose from multiple add-ons to suit their individual coverage requirements.
- The partnership is in sync with EGI’s philosophy to invest in future technologies, support the adoption of electric 2-wheelers in India and contribute towards sustainable growth.
Edelweiss General Insurance:
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO: Shanai Ghosh
Edelweiss General Insurance + Okinawa Autotech – E-bike insurance.
6. Which Bank announced the launch of FedFirst, a special savings account scheme for children below 18 years of age?
A) Federal bank
B) HDFC Bank
C) Canara Bank
D) ICICI Bank
E) Axis Bank
Answer: A) Federal bank
- Federal Bank today announced the launch of FedFirst, a special savings account scheme for children below 18 years of age.
- The account helps children develop healthy saving and spending habits, thereby giving them the freedom to save, spend and earn.
- The account is designed to enable children to learn the importance of money management.
- The account comes with unique features and offers.
- The account holder is provided with a FedFirst contactless Debit Card with daily cash withdrawal limit of ₹ 2,500 and POS/eCom limit of ₹ 10,000, in addition to free online facilities including access to internet banking, mobile alerts and e-mail alerts.
- Additional benefits including reward points, seasonal cashback and promotional offers and deals on dining, hotels, travel, bill payments through their debit card are available.
Hq: Aluva, Kerala
CEO: Shri Shyam Srinivasan
Tagline: Your Perfect Banking Partner
Federal Bank – FedFirst – A special account aimed at inculcating a savings habit amongst children.
7. RBI unveiled RBIA system for select non-bank lenders and urban co-operative banks. What is the expansion of RBIA?
A) Rock-Based Internal Audit
B) Risk-Based Internal Audit
C) Rise-Based Interest Audit
D) Risk-Backed Internal Audit
E) Risk-Based Internal Advantage
Answer: B) Risk-Based Internal Audit
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) unveiled the risk-based internal audit (RBIA) system for select non-bank lenders and urban co-operative banks, with a view to enhance the quality and effectiveness of their internal audit system.
- All the deposit-taking non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) and the ones with an asset size of over Rs 5,000 crore, and urban co-operatives banks (UCBs) with assets of over Rs 500 crore will have to migrate to the new system.
- Currently, all the entities supervised by the RBI have their own approaches on internal audit, resulting in certain inconsistencies, risks and gaps in the system.
- The RBIA is an audit methodology that links an organisation’s overall risk management framework.
- It provides an assurance to the board of directors and the senior management on the quality and effectiveness of the organisation’s internal controls, risk management and governance-related systems and processes.
- The internal audit function is an integral part of sound corporate governance and is considered as the third line of defence.
- The entities have to implement the RBIA framework by March 31, 2022, and have been asked to constitute a committee of senior executives with the responsibility of formulating a suitable action plan.
Reserve Bank of India:
Act: Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Governor– Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors– 4 (Bibhu Prasad Kanungo, Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao)
RBI -Risk-based audit guidelines for select NBFCs, urban co-op banks.
8. Andy Jassy will appoint as CEO of Amazon. He is founder of which company?
B) Amazon Web Services
Answer: B) Amazon Web Services
- Jeff Bezos will step down as Amazon CEO and become the company’s executive chairman later this year.
- The transition, slated for the third quarter, will make Amazon Web Services’ (AWS) founder Andy Jassy Amazon’s next chief executive officer.
Andy Jassy – CEO of Amazon.
9. Who is appointed as CEO of IIFL Asset Management Company?
A) Manoj Shenoy
B) Sathish Shenoy
C) Sandeep Shenoy
D) Saran Shenoy
E) Sandhosh Shenoy
Answer: A) Manoj Shenoy
IIFL Asset Management:
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
CEO: Manoj Shenoy
Manoj Shenoy – CEO of IIFL Asset Management Company.
10. Ayesha Aziz is the youngest female pilot in the country. She was related to which state/UT?
A) Jammu & Kashmir
C) Andaman & Nicobar Islands
Answer: A) Jammu & Kashmir
- Ayesha Aziz, the 25 -year-old from Kashmir who is the youngest female pilot in the country acts is a source of inspiration and a beacon of empowerment for numerous Kashmiri women.
- In the year 2011, Aziz became the youngest student pilot to get a license at the age of 15 and underwent training to fly a MIG-29 jet at Russia’s Sokol airbase the following year.
- She later graduated in aviation from the Bombay Flying Club (BFC) and obtained a commercial license in 2017.
Ayesha Aziz – India’s youngest female pilot.
11. How many union ministers joints to launch a unified portal on the ‘Gobardhan’ scheme aimed at managing cattle and biodegradable waste and also help enhance farmers’ income?
Answer: C) 4
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar, Petroleum Minister
Dharmendra Pradhan, Animal Husbandry Minister Giriraj Singh, Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat and Minister of State for Jal Shakti Rattan Lal Kataria jointly launched a unified web portal for monitoring the progress of GOBARDHAN activities across the nation.
- Gobardhan is an important component of Swachh Bharat Mission Phase-2 for organic solid waste management.
Union Ministers – Launch unified web portal for monitoring progress of GOBARDHAN activities.
12. Which state launched a scheme aimed at providing financial assistance to innovative startups to file for IT patents?
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: D) Maharashtra
- In a bid to boost the startup ecosystem in Maharashtra, Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray launched a scheme aimed at providing financial assistance to innovative startups to file for IT patents.
- Around 125-150 startups will be supported in the first phase of the scheme with the financial help of Rs 2 lakh to Rs 10 lakh, along with financial assistance up to Rs 2 lakh for quality testing and certification for the startup’s ideas.
CM: Udhav Thackarey
Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Maharashtra – Scheme for Startups To Help File IT Patents.
13. Which edition of the Aero India international air show organised by DRDO kickstarts today at Air Force Station Yelahanka, Bengaluru?
Answer: A) 13th
- The 13th edition of the Aero India international air show, organised by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) will kickstart at Air Force Station Yelahanka, Bengaluru.
- During the event, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will release the DRDO export compendium, a new Procedure for Design, Development and Production of Military Aircraft and Airborne Stores (DDPMAS) document and other documents.
- The DRDO will exhibit its latest defence technologies and demonstrate many systems.
- One of the DRDO’s major attractions will include flying displays of Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) system, Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas and LCA Navy.
- Organised every two years, Aero India is a platform for aerospace enthusiasts, prospective defence industries, aspirant start-ups and other stakeholders to participate and witness the advances in global defence and aerospace fields and interact with delegations and industries from across the globe.
- Over 300 products, technologies and innovations will be showcased in indoor, outdoor, static and flying displays at the biennial event.
- Defence Minister had inaugurated Hindustan Aeronautics Limited’s (HAL) second Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) production line in the city and said India cannot remain dependent on other countries for defending their borders.
CM: B. S. Yeddyurappa
Governor: Vajubhai Vala
Yelahanka, Bengaluru – The 13th edition of the Aero India international air show.