Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December – 18 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. International Migrants Day is observed on which date?
A) December 18
B) December 19
C) December 17
D) December 20
Answer: A) December 18
International Migrants Day:
- International Migrants Day is celebrated every year on December 18 to highlight the contributions made by international migrants and internally displaced persons (IDPs) and the challenges they face.
- The day was chosen to commemorate the adoption of on the International Convention on the Protection of the Rights of All Migrant Workers and Members of Their Families by the UN General Assembly on December 18, 1990.
- The International Migrants Day 2020 theme is Reimagining Human Mobility.
The Minorities Rights Day in India:
- The Minorities Rights Day in India was first observed on December 18, 2013.
On 18th December 1992, the United Nations had declared the Statement on the
- Individual’s Rights belonging to Religious or Linguistic National or Ethnic Minorities.
The UN statement emphasised that the rights of minorities shall be respected, protected and preserved by the states and within individual territories.
- The National Commission for Minorities (NCM) was established under the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992.
- For the first time in 2006, a Ministry of Minority Affairs was set up.
2. The AFC Asian Cup 2027 will host in which country?
Answer: A) India
- All India Football Federation (AIFF) has formally announced its candidature to host the AFC Asian Cup 2027 and deliver a brighter future together for football in India and across Asia.
- In addition to the FIFA U-17 World Cup in 2017 India is also due to host the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup and the AFC Women’s Asian Cup in 2022.
- The slogan – Brighter Future Together
- The India 2027 campaign’s powerful logo, revealed at the launch, represents the ambition, commitment, focus and spirit of the bid, epitomized by the royal tiger. The tiger is also an emblem of India’s national team, the Blue Tigers.
India – AFC Asian Cup 2027.
3. Anshu Malik is related to which sports?
Answer: B) Wrestling
- India’s Anshu Malik clinched silver medal in the 57kg category of women’s wrestling at the Individual World Cup in Serbia.
- She had won a bronze at the Asian Championship early this year in New Delhi.
India’s Anshu Malik – silver at Individual Wrestling World Cup.
4. Pierre Buyoya passed away. He was Former President of which country?
B) The Maldives
Answer: D) Burundi
Former President of East African nation of Burundi, Pierre Buyoya, has died at the age of 71 after succumbing to the Covid-19 disease.
Buyoya ruled the country twice — from 1987-1993, and then from 1996-2003.
Capital : Bujumbura
Currency : Burundian franc Buyoya – Burundi Former President.
5. UK actor Jeremy Bulloch passed away. He was acted in which movie?
B) The Wolf of Wall Street
C) No Country For Old Men
D) Star Wars
Answer: D) Star Wars
- UK actor Jeremy Bulloch, who is famous for the role of Mandalorian warrior Boba Fett in the Star Wars franchise, has died.
- The deceased actor played Boba Fett in “Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back” (1980) and “Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi” (1983).
Jeremy Bulloch – Star Wars actor.
BANKING AND FINANCE
6. World Bank member International Finance Corporation was providing a loan of up to how much amount to pharma company Biological E to boost Covid-19 vaccine production?
A) $20 million
B) $30 million
C) $10 million
D) $40 million
Answer: B) $30 million
|IFC, World Bank||Biological E||$30 mn||Boost Covid-19 vaccine production|
|ADB||India||$4.21 million||The preparation of infrastructure development projects to improve urban amenities and develop tourism infrastructure in the northeastern state of Tripura|
Hq: Washington D.C, US
Head: David Malpass
IFC – invest $30 mn in Biological E to boost Covid-19 vaccine production.
7. Which Insurance company has launched a new plan that guarantees life-long income after you retire?
A) Aegon Life Insurance
B) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
C) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
D) Bharti AXA Life Insurance
Answer: B) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance has recently launched a new plan that guarantees life-long income after you retire.
- Namely, ICICI Pru Guaranteed Pension Plan is a non-linked non-participating individual annuity product that provides customers with the flexibility to choose between Immediate and Deferred Annuity.
ICICI Prudential Life Insurance:
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO : N. S. Kannan
ICICI Prudential Life Insurance – Guaranteed Pension Plan.
8. Ratan Tata will be honoured with ‘Global Visionary of Sustainable Business and Peace’ award. He also won Padma Bhushan in which year? A) 1997
Answer: C) 2000
- Veteran industrialist Ratan Tata will be honoured by the Indo-Israel Chambers of Commerce for promoting innovation that supports sustainability and peace in the region, including with the Palestinians.
- The chairman emeritus of the Tata group will be honoured with ‘Global Visionary of Sustainable Business and Peace’ award during the launch of the Federation of Indo-Israel Chamber of Commerce’s international chapter in Dubai
- He was industrialist and philanthropist is the recipient of two of India’s highest civilian awards – Padma Vibhushan(2008) and Padma Bhushan(2000).
Ratan Tata – ‘Global Visionary of Sustainable Business and Peace’ award.
9. Which IIT won ‘The Most Innovative Institute of the Year’ for its disruptive innovations by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)?
A) IIT Hyderabad
B) IIT Madras
C) IIT Bombay
D) IIT Mandi
Answer: B) IIT Madras
- The Indian Institute of Technology Madras has been adjudged as ‘The Most Innovative Institute of the Year’ for its disruptive innovations by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- This award is one of the categories in CII Industrial Innovation Awards 2020 and was bestowed during the ‘26th DST-CII Technology Summit’ held virtually.
- IIT Madras was previously adjudged as the ‘Top innovative Institution’ in the country in Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) in 2019 and 2020.
- IIT Madras is the first IIT in the country to have a full-fledged Research Park where many multinational and domestic corporate firms have established R&D centres.
IIT Madras – ‘Most innovative institute of the year’.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
10. ISRO sets up dedicated control centre for Space Situational Awareness. What is the name of that centre?
Answer: D) NETRA
- A dedicated control centre for Space Situational Awareness (SSA) activities in the country, aimed at monitoring, tracking and protecting Indias space assets, has been set up in ISRO
- “ISRO SSA Control Centre, ‘NETRA’, is set up within the ISTRAC campus at Peenya. According to ISRO, the Network for space object Tracking and Analysis (NETRA) project is initiated as a first step towards meeting this goal, its main elements being a radar, an optical telescope facility, and a control centre.
ISRO – Set up dedicated control centre for Space Situational Awareness.
11. According to Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways, India becomes “toll plaza free” in the next two years. The government rolled out FASTag-based electronic toll collection mechanism in which year?
Answer: C) 2019
- Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways Nitin Gadkari said the use of GPS-based (Global Positioning System) toll collection will ensure India becomes “toll plaza free” in the next two years.
- He also said this would help the exchequer earn Rs 1.34 trillion in the next five years.
- The government rolled out FASTag-based electronic toll collection mechanism from December 15, 2019, across all toll plazas of the NHAI.
Road Transport and Highways
and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises:
Minister : Nitin Gadkari
Constituency : Nagpur. Maharashtra
Nitin Gadkari – India will become ‘toll plaza free’ in next two years
12. Nitin Gadkari inaugurates the 23rd Hunar Haat of indigenous master artisans in which place?
A) Sultanpur, Uttar Pradesh
B) Sonbhadra, Uttar Pradesh
C) Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
D) Rampur, Uttar Pradesh
Answer: D) Rampur, Uttar Pradesh
Road Transport and Highways and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises:
Minister : Nitin Gadkari
Constituency : Nagpur. Maharashtra
Capital : Lucknow
CM : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Anandiben Patel
Nitin Gadkari – inaugurate the 23rd Hunar Haat of indigenous master artisans in Rampur, Uttar Pradesh.
13. Which state launched PAReSHRAM portal along with 22 online services of Labour and Employees’ State Insurance (ESI) department?
A) Uttar Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
D) Tamil Nadu
Answer: B) Odisha
Capital : Bhubaneswar
Chief Minister – Naveen Patnaik
Governor – Ganeshi Lal
Odisha CM – launch Pareshram portal.
14. The country’s first Maritime Theatre Command (MTC) is set to take concrete shape by which year? A) 2021
Answer: A) 2021
- The country’s first Maritime Theatre Command (MTC) is set to take concrete shape by next year, with its commander-in-chief having full operational control over the western and eastern naval fleets, maritime strike fighter jets and transport aircraft, two amphibious infantry brigades and coastal patrol vessels.
- The MTC will be the first new “geographical” theatre command to be created as part of the biggest-ever military restructuring plan to build an integrated land-air-sea war-fighting machinery for greater combat punch in a more cost-effective manner.
2021 – Maritime Theatre Command to take shape.
15. Chief Minister N. Biren Singh laid the foundation stone for the State’s first-ever water amusement park in the state. The amusement park would be constructed at an estimated cost of how much amount?
A) Rs 30 crores
B) Rs 40 crores
C) Rs 20 crores
D) Rs 10 crores
Answer: B) Rs 40 crores
- Chief Minister N. Biren Singh laid the foundation stone for the State’s first-ever water amusement park and inaugurated Likla Leima Leikon at Theng Ngu Chingjin at Awang Potshangbam Khunou in Imphal East district
- The amusement park would be constructed at an estimated cost of Rs 40 crores by Manipur Police Housing Corporation Ltd.
Capital : Imphal
CM: N. Biren Singh
Governor : Najma Heptulla
CM Biren – lay foundation stone for Rs 40 cr worth water park.