Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.,
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December – 10 | Daily Current Affairs 2020
Table of Contents
1. Human Rights Day is observed on which date?
A) December 13
B) December 12
C) December 10
D) December 11
Answer: C) December 10
Human Rights Day:
- Human Rights Day is celebrated annually across the world on 10 December every year.
- The date was chosen to honor the United Nations General Assembly’s adoption and proclamation, on 10 December 1948, of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), the first global enunciation of human rights and one of the first major achievements of the new United Nations.
- The formal establishment of Human Rights Day occurred at the 317th Plenary Meeting of the General Assembly on 4 December 1950, when the General Assembly declared resolution 423(V), inviting all member states and any other interested organizations to celebrate the day as they saw fit.
The theme of Human Rights Day 2020 is to “Recover Better – Stand Up for Human Rights”.
53rd Submarine Day:
- 53rd Submarine Day observed on December 8.
- Every year, on December 8, the submarine day was celebrated to mark the birth of the Indian Navy’s Submarine Arm with the commissioning of its first submarine, erstwhile INS Kalvari on December 8, 1967.
2. 2021 World Indoor Championships postponed to March 2023. This game will host in which country?
Answer: D) China
The track and field indoor world championships in China have been postponed for the second straight year.
2021 World Indoor Championships – postpone to March 2023.
Currency : Renminbi
3. Astad Deboo passed away. He was related to which field?
D) Film Maker
Answer: A) Dancer
- Contemporary Indian dancer Astad Deboo, renowned for marrying Kathak and Kathakali into a unique form, died.
- Deboo is noted for creating a modern dance vocabulary that was uniquely Indian.
Astad Deboo – Dance pioneer.
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved how much amount loan to strengthen and improve access to comprehensive primary health care in urban areas in India?
A) $200 million
B) $300 million
C) $400 million
D) $500 million
Answer: B) $300 million
|European Investment Bank||€640 million||Ukraine||Foster the sustainable growth of ukraine and the prosperity of its people|
|Asian Development Bank||$300 million||India||Strengthen and improve access to comprehensive primary health care in urban areas|
|World Bank||$300 million||Pakistan||Tackle climate change, solid waste
($200 million for the sindh resilience project and $100 million for the solid waste emergency and efficiency project)
ADB – $300mn loan to improve primary health care in India’s urban areas.
Asian Development Bank:
Hq: Manila, Philippines
Head : Masatsugu Asakawa
5. IRDAI proposed a standard personal accident product with common coverage and policy wordings across the industry. What is the minimum insured amount in this product?
A) Rs 1.5 lakh
B) Rs 2.5 lakh
C) Rs 3.5 lakh
D) Rs 5.5 lakh
Answer: B) Rs 2.5 lakh
- Insurance regulator IRDAI proposed a standard personal accident product with common coverage and policy wordings across the industry, a move aimed at increasing penetration of the product.
- General and health insurers should offer the product from April 1, 2021 onwards.
- Minimum sum insured shall be Rs 2.5 lakh and a maximum sum insured shall be Rs 1 crore.
IRDAI – propose standard personal accident product from April 1.
6. Which state has been awarded the “Best State Promoting Sports Award” in India Sports Awards 2020 by FICCI?
A) Madhya Pradesh
C) West Bengal
D) Tamil Nadu
Answer: A) Madhya Pradesh
- The India Sports Awards -2020 were presented by the Federation of Indian Commerce and Industry (FICCI) to sports personalities who have made outstanding contributions in the field of sports.
- Madhya Pradesh has been awarded the “Best State Promoting Sports Award” for the unprecedented development being made in the state in the field of sports and the international sports facilities being provided to the players.
- Tokyo Olympics-bound athletes – Wrestler Bajrang Punia and Shooter Elavenil Valarivan – bagged the Sports Person of the Year at the FICCI India Sports Awards 2020.
- Cricket legend Anil Kumble received the ‘Best Company Promoting Sports (Private Sector)’ award on behalf of his enterprise – Tenvic Sports.
Tata Steel has been recognised as the “Best Organisation Contributing in Sports through CSR” at the FICCI India Sports Awards 2020.
- The FICCI India Sports Awards 2020 have been conferred by a jury headed by Mukul Mudgal.
Madhya Pradesh – “Best State Promoting Sports Award” in India Sports Awards 2020 by FICCI.
CM: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Governor : Anandiben Patel
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
7. Which University in Tamil Nadu and KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden scientists find new drugs that can potentially treat coronavirus?
A) Anna University
B) Alagappa University
C) Madurai Kamaraj University
D) Bharathiyar University
Answer: B) Alagappa University
- Indian scientists have identified drugs and possible cocktails that can target vital proteins of the novel coronavirus, and may potentially help treat Covid-19.
- Using a virtual screening of the DrugBank database, the research published in the journal Scientific Reports, identified a variety of as yet unexplored ways to attack SARS-CoV-2, even as it mutates.
- The Drugbank database is a chemical space of compounds approved by FDA and molecules under drug trials.
- The researchers from Alagappa University in Tamil Nadu and KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden propose a list of individual drugs and cocktails that deserve testing for the treatment of Covid-19.
Alagappa University + KTH Royal Institute of Technology = find new drugs that can potentially treat coronavirus.
8. The Indian Navy has finalised a contract for procurement of a batch of which country weapon systems that are capable of bringing down high-speed enemy drones?
Answer: C) Israel
- The Indian Navy has finalised a contract for procurement of a batch of Israeli weapon systems that are capable of bringing down high-speed enemy drones.
- The delivery of the SMASH 2000 fire control systems is expected to begin early next year
- Indian Navy – finalise procurement of anti-drone systems.
9. Russia will take part in a joint military exercise with NATO members i in Pakistan’s port city of Karachi. What is the name of that exercise?
Answer: C) AMAN-2021
- The Russian navy would take part in drills involving more than 30 countries off the coast of Pakistan, the first time in a decade that its vessels have taken part in exercises alongside NATO ships.
- The AMAN-2021 anti-piracy drills are set to be held in waters near Karachi in February 2021 and will involve British, US, Turkish, Chinese, Japanese and other forces.
Russia – take part in navy drills alongside NATO for first time in 10 years.
Currency : Russian Ruble
10. The Centre released Rs 6,195 crore to how many states as monthly instalment of post devolution revenue deficit grant?
Answer: C) 14
- The Centre released Rs 6,195 crore to 14 states as monthly instalment of post devolution revenue deficit grant.
- Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Punjab, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu, Tripura, Uttarakhand and West Bengal are the states to whom the amount has been released.
Centre – release Rs 6,195 cr to 14 states as instalment of post devolution revenue deficit grant.
11. Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma laid the foundation stone for an indoor stadium at Jongksha village in East Khasi Hills to be built at a cost of how much amount?
A) Rs 24 crore
B) Rs 22 crore
C) Rs 21 crore
D) Rs 20 crore
Answer: B) Rs 22 crore
Meghalaya CM – laid foundation for indoor stadium.
CM : Conrad Sangma
Governor : Satya Pal Malik
12. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy virtually laid the foundation stone to YSR Upper Penna project. What is the cost of this Project?
A) Rs.303 crores
B) Rs.603 crores
C) Rs.803 crores
D) Rs.703 crores
Answer: C) Rs.803 crores
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy virtually laid the foundation stone to YSR Upper Penna project, where three reservoirs Muttala, Thopudurthi, and Devarakonda in Anantapur district, to be constructed at a cost of Rs.803 crores under Handri Neva Sujala Sravanthi (HNSS) scheme.
- The project was taken up to add two more reservoirs to impound an additional 3.3 TMC of water.
- As part of Handri Neva, lifting water from Jeedipalli reservoir, through main canals of Muttala, Thopudurthi, Devarakonda and Somaravandlapalli reservoirs of the upper Penna reservoir which have a capacity of 5.40 TMC would be irrigating 75,000 acres.
Andhra CM – lay foundation stone for YSR Upper Penna Project.
Capital : Amaravati
CM: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Governor : Biswa Bhushan Harichandan
13. Prime Minister Narendra Modi today laid the foundation stone of the New Parliament Building at Sansad Marg. The new Parliament building will cost of how much amount?
A) Rs 871 crore
B) Rs 471 crore
C) Rs 271 crore
D) Rs 971 crore
Answer: D) Rs 971 crore
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for the new building of Parliament
- The new Parliament building will cost Rs 971 crore and is estimated to be completed by 2022.
- In the new building, the Lok Sabha chamber will have a seating capacity for 888 members, while the Rajya Sabha will have 384 seats for members. The Lok Sabha chamber will have an option to increase its sitting capacity to 1,224 members during joint sessions.
- At present, Lok Sabha has a sanctioned strength of 543 members and Rajya Sabha 245.
- In September this year, Tata Projects Limited won the bid to construct the new Parliament building.
PM Narendra Modi – laid foundation stone of new Parliament building.
14. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launched ‘Jagananna Jeeva Kranthi’ scheme for distribution of sheep, goats to women. How much amount allocated under this scheme?
A) ₹4,869 crore
B) ₹3,869 crore
C) ₹1,869 crore
D) ₹2,869 crore
Answer: C) ₹1,869 crore
YS Jagan Mohan Reddy:
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launched ‘Jagananna Jeeva Kranthi’ scheme, under which 2.49 lakh sheep and goat units will be distributed to women in a phased manner at a cost of ₹1,869 crore.
- Each unit consists of 15 animal including a ram or billy goat.
- Under the scheme, women from the Backward Class (BC,) the Scheduled Caste (SC), and the Scheduled Tribe (ST) between the age groups of 45 and 60 years will get the livestock.
- The State has signed MoUs with Reliance, Allana group, Amul, HUL, Procter & Gamble and ITC to collaborate and empower women beneficiaries of YSR Cheyutha and Aasara schemes.
- The State Government had also launched the distribution of 4.69 lakh units cows and buffaloes with ₹3,500 crore to strengthen dairy sector, taking to total of ₹5,400 crore.
- The Government is committed for women welfare and their empowerment by launching various schemes like YSR Cheyutha, Aasara, Zero-interest loans, Sampoorna Poshana, Jagananna Vidya Deevena, Vasati Deevena, 50 percent reservation in nominated posts and nominated works.
Andhra Pradesh – ‘Jagananna Jeeva Kranthi’ scheme for distribution of sheep, goats to women.
Capital : Amaravati
CM: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Governor : Biswa Bhushan Harichandan
15. Which organisation successfully demonstrated communication between its two labs using Quantum Key Distribution (QKD) technology?
Answer: A) DRDO
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully demonstrated communication between its two labs using Quantum Key Distribution (QKD) technology, which is a “robust” way to share encryption keys.
- In the QKD technology, encryption keys are sent as qubits in a fibre optic cable. Quantum computing uses qubits as basic resources, similar to how bits are used as basic resources in classical computing.
- The QKD is designed in a way that if an illegitimate entity tries to read the transmission, it will disturb the qubits – which are encoded on photons – and this will generate transmission errors, leading to legitimate end users being immediately informed.
- The Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL) and The Research Centre Imarat (RCI) were the two labs that participated in this demonstration.
DRDO – Successfully demonstrate quantum communication between two labs.
DRDO:Hq : New Delhi
DRDO Chairman : G. Satheesh Reddy