Daily Current Affairs September 14
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs September 14. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September 14| Daily Current Affairs 2023
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs September 14
1. When is Hindi Diwas celebrated every year?
A) January 26
B) August 15
C) September 14
D) October 2
E) December 25
Answer: C) September 14
- Hindi Diwas is celebrated on September 14 every year to commemorate the adoption of Hindi as the official language of India by the Constituent Assembly of India on this day in 1949.
- Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, the first prime minister of India, officially declared 14 September as the Hindi Diwas.
- After India gained Independence, a need for an official language was felt to streamline communication between government departments and to reach out to the public.
- The Constituent Assembly then accepted Hindi as the official language of India on September 14, 1949.
- The first Hindi Diwas was celebrated in 1953. Hindi was adopted as one of the official languages under Article 343 of the Indian Constitution.
- While September 14 is celebrated as Hindi Diwas or National Hindi Divas in India, January 10 is celebrated as World Hindi Day.
- World Hindi Day is celebrated on January 10 every year, with an aim to promote the use of the Hindi language worldwide.
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs September 14
2. Who was the first president of Moldova?
A) Igor Dodon
B) Vladimir Voronin
C) Mircea Snegur
D) Maia Sandu
E) Ion Iliescu
Answer: C) Mircea Snegur
- Moldova’s first president, Mircea Snegur, has died at the age of 83
- Snegur, a former communist, was president from 1990 to 1997, overseeing Moldova’s breakaway from the Soviet Union and transition to independence.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs September 14
3. Which bank introduced the ‘Virtual Commercial Card’ for cross-border transactions?
A) HDFC Bank
B) ICICI Bank
C) Axis Bank
D) IndusInd Bank
E) State Bank of India
Answer: D) IndusInd Bank
- IndusInd Bank announced the launch of the ‘Virtual Commercial Card’ to redefine cross-border transactions for corporates and travel agents
- In a tie-up with Visa, this virtual card has additional layers of security which grants the users control over their international expenses, making it a safe and hassle-free experience for the customers
- Launched as ‘Virtual commercial Credit Card’, this offering is tailored to cater to the requirements of corporates and travel industry, who make numerous bookings in multiple foreign currencies.
4. What was the monetary penalty imposed by the Reserve Bank on The Becharaji Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd.?
A) ₹1.50 lakh
B) ₹2.50 lakh
C) ₹1.00 lakh
D) ₹2.00 lakh
E) ₹3.00 lakh
Answer: D) ₹2.00 lakh
- The Reserve Bank has imposed monetary penalties on four co-operative banks for deficiencies in regulatory compliance. These co-operative banks are: The Becharaji Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd., The Waghodia Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd, The Viramgam Mercantile Co-operative Bank Ltd and The Baramati Sahakari Bank Ltd.
- The Reserve Bank imposed a monetary penalty of ₹2.00 lakh on The Becharaji Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd., Mehsana of Gujarat for non-compliance with the directions issued by RBI on ‘Placement of Deposits with Other Banks by Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks (UCBs)’.
- The Waghodia Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd., Vadodara of Gujarat is penalised of ₹5.00 lakh for non-compliance with the directions issued by RBI on ‘Loans and advances to directors, relatives and firms or concerns in which they are interested’ read with ‘Loans and advances to directors etc. – directors as surety or guarantors – clarification’;
- ‘Placement of Deposits with Other Banks by Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks (UCBs)’ and ‘Reserve Bank of India (Co-operative Banks – Interest Rate on Deposits) Directions, 2016.’
- The Reserve Bank imposed a monetary penalty of ₹5.00 Lakh on The Viramgam Mercantile Co-operative Bank Ltd., Ahmedabad, Gujarat for non-compliance with the directions issued by RBI on ‘Loans and Advances to directors etc. – directors as surety or guarantors – Clarification’, ‘Placement of Deposits with Other Banks by Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks (UCBs)’ and specific directions issued by RBI under the Supervisory Action Framework (SAF).
- The RBI imposed a monetary penalty of ₹2.00 lakh on The Baramati Sahakari Bank Ltd., Baramati, Pune for non-compliance with the directions issued by RBI on ‘Maintenance of Deposit Accounts – Primary (Urban) Co-operative Banks.’ The bank had not credited interest to inoperative saving bank accounts.
5. What payment option did Star Health and Allied Insurance launch for purchasing policies and renewals?
A) Credit card payment
B) Debit card payment
C) Net banking payment
D) UPI QR code-based payment
E) Mobile wallet payment
Answer: D) UPI QR code-based payment
- Star Health and Allied Insurance, the leading Health Insurance Company in India, announced a significant move towards transforming the insurance payment landscape with the launch of its dynamic UPI QR code-based payment option for policy purchases and renewals.
- The customized solution simplifies the customer purchase experience to a few clicks. Star Health also launched personalized UPI payment intent links to enhance customer ease.
- This cutting-edge initiative, enabled by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), represents a paradigm shift in the adoption of modern technology driven payment solutions.
- The initiative furthers Star Health’s customer centricity, enhances customer experience and convenience while ensuring seamless and secure transactions.
- The dynamic UPI QR code, integrated into payment reminder emails, empowers customers to complete their transactions within seconds.
- Star Health’s unique customized UPI payment intent link improves universal accessibility, enabling customers to complete transactions with ease on any mobile phone. Upon clicking the link, the UPI app launches promptly, and in cases where multiple UPI apps are present, customers are prompted to choose their preferred app.
- The payment details, including the premium amount, are automatically loaded into the chosen app, and customers can authenticate the payment using their UPI PIN, culminating in a seamless purchase experience.
6. What is the name of the new statutory auditor appointed by Paytm?
A) Deloitte & Touche LLP
B) Ernst & Young LLP
C) PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
D) S.R. Batliboi & Associates LLP
E) KPMG LLP
Answer: D) S.R. Batliboi & Associates LLP
- Paytm said its shareholders have approved the appointment of a new statutory auditor, S.R. Batliboi & Associates LLP, for five years.
- S.R. Batliboi & Associates LLP has been approved as the new statutory auditor of Paytm for five years in the 23rd annual general meeting held on September 12, Paytm said in an exchange filing.
- Price Waterhouse Chartered Accountants LLP has completed its term as the statutory auditor of the company at the conclusion of the AGM
- Price Waterhouse Chartered Accountants LLP on August 7 had announced its resignation as auditor of Paytm Payments Services Limited with immediate effect.
7. Which company launched a one-step UPI payment solution for mobile-first businesses?
C) Google Pay
D) Cashfree Payments
Answer: D) Cashfree Payments
- Cashfree Payments, India’s leading payments and API banking company has launched the UPI Plug-in, which enables mobile-first businesses to collect UPI payments from customers without the need for them to exit the application.
- This solution has been created in partnership with NPCI and Axis Bank, ensuring complete security and compliance.
- With the UPI Plug-in, businesses have more visibility over the customer’s payment journey as the customer does not leave the app.
- This helps businesses effectively capture the buyer’s intent and optimize their strategy to target customers who are actively considering making a purchase
8. Which bank has partnered with Maruti Suzuki to provide financing solutions to dealers?
A) HDFC Bank
B) ICICI Bank
C) Axis Bank
D) Indian Bank
E) State Bank of India
Answer: D) Indian Bank
- Maruti Suzuki India Ltd has partnered with Indian Bank to provide financing solutions to its dealers.
- The two parties have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), which will empower over 4,000 Maruti Suzuki dealerships across the country with comprehensive inventory funding options for their working capital requirements
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs September 14
9. What is the purpose of ‘Project Abhinandan’ launched by Air India?
A) To improve in-flight services
B) To enhance the on-ground experience of travelers
C) To introduce new routes and destinations
D) To reduce ticket prices
E) To increase baggage allowance
Answer: B) To enhance the on-ground experience of travellers
- The Tata Group-owned Air India has launched ‘Project Abhinandan’ in a bid to elevate the on-ground experience of travellers.
- The initiative aims to provide a personalised and hassle-free airport experience to Air India ticket-holders across 16 major Indian airports
- As part of ‘Project Abhinandan,’ Air India has deployed a team of specially trained service assurance officers (SAOs) who will be stationed at strategic touch points inside airports.
- The airports where these officers have been deployed include Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Calicut, Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Varanasi and Vishakhapatnam.
- They will be providing assistance to Air India travellers who need assistance at the check-in area, lounges, near boarding gates, during transit or at arrival hall.
- They SAOs will be present alongside the regular Air India employees and other ground handling agencies’ staff. The airline has already recruited and deployed over 100 SAOs across airports.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs September 14
10. How much did LIC sell its holding in Sun Pharma for through open market sale?
A) Rs 4,699 crore
B) Rs 2,000 crore
C) Rs 6,500 crore
D) Rs 3,500 crore
E) Rs 5,200 crore
Answer: A) Rs 4,699 crore
- LIC has sold 2 percent of its holding in Sun Pharma for Rs 4,699 crore via open market sale.
- Following the share sale, there is a decrease of 2 percent in holding during the period from July 22, 2022, to September 13, 2023.
- Corporation’s shareholding in Sun Pharma has diluted from 12,05,24,944 to 7,22,68,890 equity shares decreasing its shareholding from 5.023 percent to 3.012 percent of the paid-up capital of the said company
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs September 14
11. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of MasterCard India?
A) Rajnish Kumar
B) Raghuram Rajan
C) Chanda Kochhar
D) Aditya Puri
E) Shikha Sharma
Answer: A) Rajnish Kumar
- Mastercard, a global technology company in the payments industry, has announced the appointment of Rajnish Kumar, former Chairman of the State Bank of India (SBI), as the Chairman of Mastercard India.
- In this non-executive advisory role, Kumar will guide Mastercard’s South Asia executive leadership team, led by Gautam Aggarwal, Division President for South Asia and Country Corporate Officer, India, in navigating the vibrant domestic payments landscape.
- The veteran banker has nearly four decades of experience in SBI. He held various leadership roles in the bank managing critical operations across India, the UK and Canada.
- He concluded his three-year term as SBI Chairman in October 2020(period : October 2017 to October 2020)
- Kumar serves as the chairman at the Board of Indian fintech companyBharatPe and holds several directorships, including seats on the boards of many institutions and corporates like HSBC Asia Pacific, L&T, and Brookfield Property Management.
- He also chairs the Board of Governors of management institute MDI, Gurgaon.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs September 14
12. Which company has been honored with the ‘Safety Innovation Award’ for implementing ‘Innovative Safety Management Systems’?
A) RITES Limited
B) Larsen & Toubro
C) Tata Projects
D) Hindustan Construction Company
E) Gammon India
Answer: A) RITES Limited
- RITES Limited, a leading transport infrastructure consultancy and engineering company, has been honoured with the ‘Safety Innovation Award’,under the ‘Construction’ category, for implementing ‘Innovative Safety Management Systems’ in its operations.
- The award was presented to RITES’ officials during the inaugural function of the 20th Safety Convention organized by The Institution of Engineers (India), the largest multi-disciplinary professional body of engineers, at Hotel Le Meridien, New Delhi.
- RITES, having multi-sectoral presence, has consistently embraced best safety practices in its operations, exemplifying its commitment to prioritizing safety measures at worksites.
- RITES remains resolute in its mission to create a safer and more secure infrastructure environment, delivering services that uphold stringent safety protocols, irrespective of geographical or logistical challenges.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs September 14
13. Which organization has signed a 5-year Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Geological Survey of India Training Institute (GSITI) as part of the National Natural Resources Management System (NNRMS) program?
A) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
B) National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
C) European Space Agency (ESA)
D) Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)
E) China National Space Administration (CNSA)
Answer: A) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
- The Geological Survey of India Training Institute (GSITI) in Hyderabad has inked a 5-year Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) in Bengaluru as part of the National Natural Resources Management System (NNRMS) program.
- The MoU was formally signed by Dr. Mathew Joseph, Deputy Director General & Head of Mission-V, representing GSITI, and Dr. JV Thomas, Director of the Earth Observation Applications and Disaster Management Support Programme Office (EDPO) at ISRO.
- The signing ceremony took place in the presence of Shantanu Bhatawdekar, Scientific Secretary at ISRO
- The MoU signing was attended by key officials, including Dr. Nisha Rani, Director of the PGRS Division at GSITI, Dr. John Mathew, Associate Director at EDPO, and Dr. Rajeev Jaiswal, Associate Director at EDPO, ISRO.
- Under this collaborative project, the focus will be on enhancing capacity in the areas of mineral resources and disaster management within the framework of the NNRMS program.
- The primary objective is to build a skilled workforce proficient in the application of Digital Image Processing and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) in Mineral Exploration, as well as in Advanced Remote Sensing Techniques for Mineral Exploration and the application of Geo-informatics in Disaster Management.
- The PGRS Division at GSITI, Hyderabad, will host a total of 15 training programs over the next five years, with an estimated 300 participants.
- These participants will represent Central and State Government Departments, Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs), faculty members, and research scholars from academic institutions.
- This collaboration aims to equip individuals with the necessary expertise and knowledge to contribute effectively to the sustainable management of natural resources and disaster response efforts.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs September 14
14. With which entities did the Odisha government sign an MoU for providing banking services in unbanked Gram Panchayats?
A) Private Sector Banks
B) Regional Rural Banks
C) Cooperative Banks
D) Public Sector Banks
E) Microfinance Institutions
Answer: D) Public Sector Banks
- Odisha government signed a MoU with six Public Sector Banks, for providing banking services in all unbanked Gram Panchayats of the state through CSP Plus banking outlets.
- The Finance department signed the MoU with State Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, Union Bank of India, UCO Bank, Bank of India and Bank of Baroda for providing banking services in all unbanked Gram Panchayats of the State.
- Out of 6798 GPs, around 65 percent of GPs (4373 GPs) do not have brick and mortar branches.
- A brick-and-mortar branch is needed in every GP for easy access to banking services and strengthening the Direct Benefit Transfer system in the State
- Odisha is the first State in the entire country to adopt such an exemplary model for providing banking services to all GPs.
- People residing in all Unbanked Gram Panchayats of the State will have easy access to all kinds of banking services, free of cost.
- Senior citizens, differently abled people and pregnant women will get doorstep banking services and avail the Direct Benefit Transfer of the Government in a timely manner.
- The scheme will be implemented in a phased manner to cover all unbanked GPs of the State within the current financial year 2023-24.
- The Odisha Government will provide rent free banking space for 5 years and bear one-time expenses for Fixed Cost & Recurring expenses for a period of three years. A provision of Rs. 500 crores has been made for the scheme
15. Who released the commemorative postage stamp on Dada Vaswani?
A) Prime Minister of India
B) President of India
C) Chief Minister of Maharashtra
D) Maharashtra Governor
E) Minister of Communications
Answer: D) Maharashtra Governor
- Maharashtra Governor Ramesh Bais released a commemorative postage stamp in honour of Dada JP Vaswani.
- During the occasion, the governor also released books authored by Vaswani– Nark Se Swarg Tak, a translation of ‘From Hell to Heaven’, and ‘Swatah Saksham Bana’, a translation of Empower Yourself.
- The commemorative stamp will be available at the local India Post offices.
16. Which organization has partnered with UNDP India for data-driven innovations in agriculture?
A) RBI (Reserve Bank of India)
B) NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development)
C) ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research)
D) FCI (Food Corporation of India)
E) NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India)
Answer: B) NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development)
- UNDP India and the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Nabard) signed a Memorandum of Understanding to co-create data-driven innovations in agriculture and food systems to support smallholder farmers.
- Under the MoU, the organisations will work to improve lives and livelihoods of smallholder farmers by sharing open-source data for product development, transfer of technology and supporting the framing of agrarian policies
- The partnership aims at enhancing and disseminating collaborative digital public goods like DiCRA (Data in Climate Resilient Agriculture).
- DiCRA provides open access to key geospatial datasets pertinent to climate resilient agriculture.
- DiCRA, which is curated by UNDP and partner organisations to inform public about investments in agriculture, already provides intelligence on climate resilience for 50 million hectares of farmland across the country.
- Nabard will host and maintain the DiCRA platform and use its key geospatial datasets for policy making, research and development activities, with UNDP’s technical support
17. What is the objective of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) signed by the Ministry of Labour and Employment with private job portals, companies/employers, and skill providers?
A) To enhance employment opportunities and services for jobseekers on the National Career Service (NCS) portal
B) To promote skill development programs for unemployed individuals
C) To establish a centralized database of jobseekers and employers
D) To provide financial assistance to jobseekers for training and education
E) To facilitate international job placements for Indian citizens
Answer: A) To enhance employment opportunities and services for jobseekers on the National Career Service (NCS) portal.
- The Ministry of Labour and Employment signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with leading private job portals, companies/employers and skill providers to integrate with National Career Service (NCS) portal of the Ministry
- The objective of MoUs is to enhance employment opportunities and services for jobseekers on NCS portal.
- The private job portals partnering with the Ministry of Labour and Employment will share their vacancies on NCS so that the NCS registered jobseekers can seamlessly apply for such vacancies.
- On behalf of Ministry of Labour and Employment, the MoUs were signed by Shri Amit Nirmal, Deputy Director General (Employment) in the presence of Smt. Arti Ahuja, Secretary Ministry of Labour and Employment and Shri Ramesh Krishnamurthi, Additional Secretary (Labour and Employment).
- The MoUs were signed with TeamLease HRtech (Freshersworld), Monster.com India Pvt Ltd referred as foundit, QUESS CORP Limited, Delivery Track (VSS Tech), KARPAGA Assessment APP MATRIX Services Private Limited (HireMee), QUIKR INDIA Private Limited, TCS iON, and Firstjob.co.in to share their vacancies with NCS portal.
- These vacancies will enhance the employment opportunities to the NCS registered jobseekers. More than 30 lakh eShram registered workers of the unorganized sector who have joined NCS so far, would also be benefitted from this partnership.
- The Ministry of Labour and Employment also signed an MoU with TCS iON to provide free of cost online soft skill employability training to the job seekers registered on NCS Portal both in English as well as Hindi language.
- This employability training was found very useful in enhancing the employability skills of the jobseekers. Such trainings would help to improve the quality of the work force on their selection.
- An MoU was also signed by Ministry of Labour and Employment with KARPAGA Assessment APP MATRIX Services Private Limited (HireMee) to provide a free of cost facility to the jobseekers for self-assessing their suitability for a job through aptitude test.
- The employers will also be benefited by this feature as they can view the scores of aptitude test and easily do first level of scrutiny which will eventually reduce time in selection of the candidates.
18. Who inaugurated the Vidya Samiksha Kendra and laid the foundation stone of 141 PM SHRI Schools and a 40-bed Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Residential School?
A) Shri Dharmendra Pradhan and Shri Pushkar Singh Dhami
B) Shri Narendra Modi and Shri Amit Shah
C) Shri Rajnath Singh and Shri Nitin Gadkari
D) Shri Arvind Kejriwal and Shri Manish Sisodia
E) Shri Rahul Gandhi and Shri Priyanka Gandhi
Answer: A) Shri Dharmendra Pradhan and Shri Pushkar Singh Dhami
- Union Minister for Education and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Shri Dharmendra Pradhan along with Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, Shri Pushkar Singh Dhami, inaugurated the Vidya Samiksha Kendra and laid the Foundation Stone of 141 PM Shri Schools and the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Residential School in Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- Vidhya Samiksha Kendra, a technology based and modern data driven model will be an effective step towards improving the learning outcomes of 23.50 lakh school students of Uttarakhand
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan attended the Amrit Kaal Dialogue at the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies at Bidholi, Uttarakhand.
19. Which organizations collaborated with Mastercard to introduce an enhanced version of its global priceless program in India?
A) Visa and Invest India
B) American Express and Ministry of Tourism
C) Invest India and Ministry of Tourism
D) Visa and Ministry of Tourism
E) American Express and Invest India
Answer: C) Invest India and Ministry of Tourism
- Mastercard, in collaboration with Invest India and with support from the Ministry of Tourism, has introduced an enhanced version of its global priceless program in India, which offers personalised travel and hospitality experiences in more than 40 countries around the world.
- With the relaunch of priceless.com in India, Mastercard will provide exclusive access to culturally rich, gastronomical, and wellness experiences to its cardholders in cities such as Delhi, Agra, Jodhpur, Dehradun, Pune, and more.
- The company currently offers 40 priceless experiences in India and plans to expand in due course of time.
- The initiative aims to promote tourism as a significant contributor to India’s growing economy and boost inbound tourists to India as well.
- The priceless program currently offers over 2,000 curated experiences across various passion points to Mastercard cardholders in more than 40 countries and 60+ cities.
20. Which country recently became the 13th country in the world that can issue Internationally Accepted OIML (International Organization of Legal Metrology) Certificates?
Answer: B) India
- OIML is an Intergovernmental organization which was established in 1955.
- Bharat became it’s member in 1956. It has 63 Member States and 64 Corresponding Members.
- Bharat has now become authority for issuing internationally accepted OIML certificate for selling weights & measures anywhere in the world.
- To sell a weight or measure in the International market an OIML Pattern Approval certificate is mandatory, which Department of Consumer Affairs can issue now.
- Bharat follows OIML recommendations and procedures of testing and calibration of weights and measures. The reports prepared by the Legal Metrology’s Regional Reference Standards Laboratories are now acceptable to the OIML issuing authorities.
- Now, Bharat is an authority for issue of OIML pattern approval certificates and can act as support system for indigenous manufacturers.
- The domestic manufacturers can now export their weighing and measuring instrument worldwide without incurring additional testing fees, resulting in significant cost savings.
- Bharat can also support the foreign manufacturers by issuing OIML pattern approval certificates from our certified RRSLs. By issuing the OIML approval certificates of weighing & measuring instrument to the foreign manufacturers Bharat will also generate forex in terms of fees etc.
- Bharat now joins an exclusive group of nations, including Australia, Switzerland, China, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, France, United Kingdom, Japan, Netherlands, Sweden, and Slovakia, as the 13th country worldwide, authorized for issuing OIML approval certificates.
21. Who launched the dedicated web-portal for Swachhata Special Campaign 3.0?
A) Dr. Jitendra Singh
B) Dr. Harsh Vardhan
C) Narendra Modi
D) Rajnath Singh
E) Nitin Gadkari
Answer: A) Dr. Jitendra Singh
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science & Technology, MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh launched the dedicated web-portal for Swachhata Special Campaign 3.0, https://scdpm.nic.in, at a function in New Delhi for monitoring of the Swachhata campaign
- Swachhata campaign, the first mass awareness campaign launched by PM Modi on August 15, 2014 soon after taking over charge in May, 2014, has achieved four primary objectives, –
- Change of Work Culture and that has been amply demonstrated by flawless execution of successful hosting of the G20 Summit.
- Over 90% file work has been made online under eOffice portal; visualised by the Prime Minister and his Digital India Mission helped tide over the Covid crisis.
- Use of Open Spaces for productive use as some of the Departments like Posts have converted junkyard to courtyard.
- Archive Culture; the process of archiving files also gained momentum.
- DARPG has launched a compendium of 300 Best Practices which will be implemented by all Government Ministries and Departments and published widely through media, highlighting ‘Whole of Government’ and ‘Whole of Science’ approach
- The Special Campaign 3.0 will be preceded by the Preparatory phase from 15th September to 30th September 2023. During this period, Ministries/Departments will identify the pendency in selected categories and finalize the campaign sites.
- The Government of India has announced Special campaign 3.0 from 2nd October, 2023 to 31st October, 2023 with focus on Swachhata and Reducing Pendency in Government Offices with a saturation approach.
- The Cabinet Secretary has addressed all Secretaries of Government of India on 25th August, 2023 and DARPG guidelines for the same were issued on 1st September, 2023.
- Special Campaign 3.0 will focus on field/outstation offices responsible for service delivery or having public interface, in addition to the Ministries/Departments and their attached/subordinate offices. Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) is the Nodal Department for implementation of Special Campaign 3.0.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Science and Technology