Daily Current Affairs September 12
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs September 12. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September 12| Daily Current Affairs 2023
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs September 12
1. What is the purpose of the 6th RashtriyaPoshanMaah celebrated by the Ministry of Women and Child Development in September 2023?
A) To promote the importance of nutrition for women and children
B) To raise awareness about child labor issues in India
C) To celebrate the achievements of women in various fields
D) To advocate for gender equality in education
E) To highlight the significance of maternal healthcare
Answer: A) To promote the importance of nutrition for women and children
- The Government of India’s flagship initiative, POSHAN Abhiyaan, has been instrumental in advancing nutritional outcomes for pregnant women, lactating mothers, adolescent girls, and children under6 years of age in a comprehensive manner.
- Launched by Hon’ble Prime Minister, POSHAN (Prime Minister’s Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nutrition) Abhiyaan operates in mission mode to combat the challenge of malnutrition.
- During the 15th Financial Commission period, PoshanAbhiyaan, the Anganwadi Services Scheme and the Scheme for Adolescent Girls were aligned under Mission
- SakshamAnganwadi and Poshan 2. to launch an integrated nutrition support programme aimed at strengthening content, delivery, outreach, and outcomes
- The focus remains on cultivating practices that foster health, wellness, and immunity against diseases and malnutrition.
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development is celebrating the 6th RashtriyaPoshanMaah throughout September 2023.
- This year, the objective is to comprehensively tackle malnutrition through a life-cycle approach, the cornerstone of Mission Poshan 2.0. Anchored in this approach, the focal point of PoshanMaah 2023 is to cultivate widespread awareness concerning critical human life stages: pregnancy, infancy, childhood, and adolescence.
- The aim is to foster nutritional understanding across India through a theme centered on “Suposhit Bharat, Sakshar Bharat, Sashakt Bharat” (Nutrition-rich India, Educated India, Empowered India).
- To achieve this objective, RashtriyaPoshanMaah will be celebrated in collaboration with all stakeholders from the 1st to the 30th of September
UN Day for South-South Cooperation
- Every year, the United Nations marks 12 September as the UN Day for South-South Cooperation .
- South-South Cooperation is a global exercise of all countries of the South to benefit everyone, including the Least Developed Countries. Every country, every partner has something to share or teach, whatever their circumstances
- The theme of the 2023 United Nations Day for South-South Cooperation is “Solidarity, Equity and Partnership: Unlocking South-South Cooperation to Achieve the SDGs”.
World EV Day
World EV Day, celebrated annually on September 9, is a global event that aims to raise awareness about the advantages of electric vehicles (EVs) and encourage their widespread adoption.
This event, which was first held in 2020, is celebrated by the global community and India as they come together to promote the benefits of EVs.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs September 12
2. Where will the Subroto Cup, the oldest national school football tournament in India, be held for the first time outside the National Capital Region (NCR)?
Answer: C) Bengaluru
- Subroto Cup, the oldest national school football tournament in India, will be held for the first time outside the National Capital Region (NCR), in Bengaluru alongside Delhi and Gurugram with an aim to spread the reach of the iconic tournament throughout the country.
- The 62nd edition of the tourney starts September 19 and will run till October 23.
- While the U-14 Sub-Junior Boys competition will be hosted in Bengaluru, the U-17 Junior Boys and Girls tournaments will be held in Delhi/NCR.
- A total of 109 teams will participate across the three categories from 27 States and Union Territories (UTs) of the country. This season, teams from Nepal and Bangladesh will be participating as foreign nations in the tournament. A total of over 180 football matches are scheduled to be played.
- The tournament began in the 1960s and is the oldest school-based national event in India which was created to promote football as a sport at the grassroots level.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs September 12
3. What is the name of the mobile-omni neo bank app launched by Bank of India?
A) Neo Bank App
B) Mobile-Omni App
C) Bank of India App
D) Neo Bank Mobile App
E) Bank of India Mobile-Omni Neo Bank App
Answer: E) Bank of India Mobile-Omni Neo Bank App
- Public sector bank BankOf India has unveiled Universal App named “BOI Mobile-Omni Neo Bank” during celebration of its 118th Foundation day.
- BOI Mobile-Omni Neo Bank app will offers more than 200 services to customers
- This application will make our customers to enjoy 360 degree banking facilities along with investments, payments/ remittances, shopping and managing all accounts seamlessly.
- The bank has implemented new-age adaptive authentication to enhance the security and authentication framework for customers
- The BOI Mobile-Omni Neo Bank App represents a significant step forward in enhancing customer experience and convenience, reaffirming Bank’s commitment to deliver all banking facilities digitally
4. Which feature has Cashfree Payments launched in collaboration with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)?
A) AutoPay on QR
B) Cashfree QR Payments
C) AutoPay Fintech Solution
D) NPCI Payments Collaboration
E) CashfreeAutoPay Feature
Answer: A) AutoPay on QR
- Fintech companyCashfree Payments has launched ‘AutoPay on QR’ in collaboration with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
- The feature helps in the customer onboarding process through a two-step workflow of scanning the QR code and approving an e-mandate via UPI apps within 30 seconds.
- ‘AutoPay on QR’ eliminates the necessity to download an app or register on the website and directly activates a unique subscription for each customer.
- Cashfree Payments’ AutoPay on QR would enable subscription-based businesses to enhance customer acquisition, support retention, and facilitate rapid growth
- It enables more than 3,00,000 businesses with payment collections, vendor payouts, wage payouts, bulk refunds, expense reimbursements, loyalty, and rewards.
- Apart from India, its products are used in eight other countries, including the USA, Canada, and the UAE.
5. Which insurance companies has AU Small Finance Bank entered into distribution partnerships with?
A) Birla Sun Life Insurance and HDFC Ergo General Insurance
B) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance and Max Bupa Health Insurance
C) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance and Star Health and Allied Insurance
D) SBI Life Insurance and Religare Health Insurance
E) LIC Life Insurance and Apollo Munich Health Insurance
Answer: C) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance and Star Health and Allied Insurance
- AU Small Finance Bank has entered into two distribution partnerships with two insurance companies – Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance and Star Health and Allied Insurance.
- The Jaipur-headquartered small finance bank will distribute the insurance products of these two companies through its network of 1,038 touchpoints. The bank has a customer base of 41 lakh.
- In addition to this the company will also offer the insurance products through its digital channels.
- In the case of Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance, AU SFB will distribute the term insurance, savings and retirement products
- In the case of the bancassurance partnership with Star Health, AU SFB will distribute health plans.
- AU started its banking operations in April 2017
6. Who launched India’s first contactless payment wearable ring “OTG Ring” in collaboration with LivQuik?
A) Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
B) National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)
C) State Bank of India (SBI)
D) Ministry of Finance, Government of India
E) Biocon Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Answer: B) National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)
- The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) launched an array of new products and struck a slew of fintech partnerships on the sidelines of the recently concluded Global Fintech Fest 2023.
- Encompassing the electric vehicle (EV) and digital payments domains, the NPCI has partnered with the Indian Highway Management Company Limited (IHMCL) to launch EV charging payments on the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) FASTag platform.
- The move will enable electric vehicle owners to access EV charging facilities on the lines of how they make contactless toll payments on the highways.
- In collaboration with fintechstartup LivQuik, the NPCI has launched an ‘OTG Ring’, a contactless payment wearable ring.
- The Made in India product will allow users to make payments to any Near Field Communication (NFC)-based device and aims to replace plastic cards for various open-loop transit programs.
- It also launched a prepaid gift card in partnership with the state-backed payments network RuPay as well as a separate personalised prepaid card in collaboration with Pepper Money and PineLabs.
- The NPCI also unveiled a prepaid card in collaboration with FamX, primarily targeted at Gen Zs.
- The payments corporation also announced its partnership with forex services company
- Thomas Cook India to reportedly launch the country’s first RuPay prepaid forex card (Thomas Cook RuPay Card) for Indians travelling to the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- Enabled by homegrownfintechstartup CARD91, the pilot offering will gradually be rolled out globally in a phased manner.
- The NPCI also launched a flurry of features on top of its unified payments interface (UPI) network. It showcased peer-to-peer money transfers on Amazon Alexa via voice commands at the fintech summit. The feature is expected to be rolled out to users soon. With this, users can ask Alexa to transfer money to their contacts and input PIN to process digital payments.
- Alongside, the payments corporation also formally launched the UPI-ATM, which entails an interoperable UPI QR-based cash withdrawal. Under this, any participating bank account holder can withdraw cash from a UPI-enabled ATM by using UPI app.
- Alongside, NPCI International Payments Limited (NPIL) also announced its agreement with cross-border payments solutions provider Paymentwall to enable Indian consumers to make ecommerce purchases with UPI in the US and the UK. Under this, all Paymentwall merchants will accept UPI in the US and UK and will expand the acceptance of the payments platform overseas.
- Another major highlight of the event was the launch of ‘UPI AutoPay on QR’ which will allow users to activate recurring payments by just scanning a QR code.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs September 12
7. Hindalco Industries, the world’s largest aluminium rolling and recycling company, has signed a technology partnership with which Italy-based company known for producing structured and value-added aluminium extrusions?
A) Hindalco SpA
B) Metra Industries
C) Aluminium Extrusions Ltd.
Answer: E) MetraSpA
- Hindalco Industries, the world’s largest aluminium rolling and recycling company, has signed a technology partnership with Italy-based MetraSpA known for producing structured and value-added aluminium extrusions.
- The partnership aims to enable production of large-size aluminium extrusion and fabrication technology for building high-speed aluminium rail coaches in India.
- The tie-up provides Hindalco the launching pad to drive upgradation programme of Indian Railways.
- Hindalco has already committed to invest Rs 2,000 crore in a project to make passenger coaches for the Vande Bharat trains and the alliance will provide the cutting-edge technology for this effort.
8. Which companies have partnered to deliver computing infrastructure and platforms for developing artificial intelligence-based solutions?
A) Nvidia and Intel
B) Nvidia and Microsoft
C) Nvidia and Tata Group
D) Intel and Tata Group
E) Microsoft and Tata Group
Answer: C) Nvidia and Tata Group
- Nvidia and Tata Group will partner to deliver computing infrastructure and platforms for developing artificial intelligence-based solutions
- The companies will work together to build an AI supercomputer powered by the next-generation NVIDIA® GH200 Grace Hopper Superchip to achieve performance that is best in class.
- Tata Communications and Nvidia will develop an AI cloud in India aimed at providing critical infrastructure that enables computing’s next lifecycle
- TCS will utilise the AI infrastructure and capabilities to build and process generative AI applications.
- The Nvidia partnership will further enable TCS in collaborating with its customers to drive reimagination with an AI-first approach. Additionally, TCS will upskill its 6 lakh workforce leveraging the partnership
- Earlier, billionaire MukeshAmbani’s Reliance Industries and Nvidia announced a partnership to build AI supercomputers in India.
- Starting operations in India in 2004, Nvidia has four engineering development centres in the country – in Gurugram, Hyderabad, Pune and Bengaluru -with over 3,800 employees.
- Its collaboration with Reliance will develop India’s own foundation large language model trained on the nation’s diverse languages and tailored for generative AI applications to serve the world’s most populous nation
- Nvidia will provide access to the most advanced GH200 Grace Hopper Superchip and DGX Cloud, an AI supercomputing service in the cloud. GH200 marks a fundamental shift in computing architecture that provides exceptional performance and massive memory bandwidth
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs September 12
9. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved the reappointment of Sandeep Bakhshi as the Managing Director (MD) of which bank for a period of 3 years?
A) HDFC Bank
B) Axis Bank
C) ICICI Bank
D) State Bank of India
E) Punjab National Bank
Answer: C) ICICI Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India has approved the reappointment of ICICI Bank MD and CEOSandeep Bakhshi for three years, with effect from October 4.
- The reappointment tenure will be effective till October 3, 2026, the private sector lender notified the exchanges.
- The board of directors of the bank had approved the reappointment in October 2022, whereas shareholders approved it at the annual general meeting held on August 30.
- Bakhshi was appointed as the head of ICICI Bank in October 2018, taking over from Chanda Kochhar in a period of uncertainty for the bank, as Kochhar stepped down in the face of inquiries over conflict of interest in some lending operations of the bank.
- Prior to that, Bakhshi was a whole-time director and the chief operating officer of ICICI Bank. He had joined the ICICI Group in December 1986 and over his 37-year long tenure has been a part of several group companies.
- Bakhshi headed ICICI Lombard General Insurance in 2007 and later joined ICICI Bank in 2009 as Deputy MD for portfolio quality, following which he was put in charge of ICICI Prudential Life Insurance in 2010.
10. Who has been re-appointed as the global Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Tata Steel Limited for the next five years?
A) Ratan Tata
B) Cyrus Mistry
C) TV Narendran
D) Natarajan Chandrasekaran
E) Jamshed J. Irani
Answer: C) TV Narendran
- Tata Steel Limited shareholders approved re-appointment of TV Narendran as the global Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for the next five years
- Earlier in July, the Tata Group company had reappointed Narendran as CEO & MD for five years, starting from September 19, 2023, till September 18, 2028.
- An industry veteran with an experience of over 34 years in the mining and metals industry, Narendran has held various significant positions, including being the chairman of Tata Steel Europe and Tata Steel Long Products, and Chairman of the Board of Governors of XLRI Jamshedpur.
- Notably, Narendran held positions on the executive committee and board of the World Steel Association, and had served as co-chair of the Mining & Metals Governors Council at the World Economic Forum from 2016 to 2018.
- Furthermore, Narendran will retain his positions as Chairman at Tata Steel Europe, the Supervisory Board of Tata Steel Nederland BV, Tata Steel Long Products Limited, and NeelachalIspat Nigam Limited.
11. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of the Association of Investment Bankers of India (AIBI)?
A) Rakesh Jhunjhunwala
C) Nirmal Jain
D) Uday Kotak
E) Chanda Kochhar
Answer: B) MahavirLunawat
- Association of Investment Bankers of India (AIBI), the investment banking sole representative to SEBI and various statutory authorities, announced the appointment of MahavirLunawat, Managing Director of Pantomath Capital Advisors Pvt Ltd. as its Chairman for two years starting September 2023.
- The Chairperson of AIBI represents Investment Bankers on the Primary Market Advisory Committee (PMAC) of SEBI, and has been active in representing the members’ views, comments, and suggestions on various regulatory reforms pertaining to the capital markets
- AIBI also announced the appointment of Arjun Mehra, MD of J.M. Financial, and PremD’Cunha, SVP & Head – ECM Execution at ICICI Securities as its Vice Chairmen.
- MahavirLunawat is an industry veteran with over 20 years of experience across the country’s foremost business houses and as the Founder and Group Managing Director of Pantomath Capital Advisors Pvt. Ltd
- Arjun Mehra is a Managing Director at JM Financial. He has 15+ years of experience in the investment banking industry with expertise in execution in capital markets, M&A; restructuring, public issues, rights issues, de-listings, and buybacks.
- PremD’Cunha is the SVP & Head – ECM execution at ICICI Securities Ltd. He has over 20+ years of experience in investment banking and capital markets in India.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs September 12
12. Which organization has recently signed an agreement with the US Navy to service its fleet?
A) Hindustan Shipyard Limited
B) Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers
C) Cochin Shipyard Limited
D) Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders
E) Goa Shipyard Limited
Answer: D) Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders
- Mumbai-based Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd (MDL) has formally inked a Master Ship Repair Agreement (MSRA) with the US government, represented by NAVSUP Fleet Logistics Center (FLC) Yokosuka.
- This non-financial pact holds great strategic importance and positions MDL as one of only two shipyards in the country to have entered into such an agreement
- The MSRA sets the stage for Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders to provide voyage repairs for US Navy ships, a development that marks a significant step in bolstering India’s maritime capabilities.
- Under this agreement, MDL is poised to offer crucial repair and maintenance services to the US Navy’s fleet.
- Recently, Larsen and Toubro (L&T) entered into an MSRA with the US Navy, highlighting L&T’s Kattupalli Shipyard near Chennai as a qualified facility for conducting voyage repairs of military sealift command vessels.
- The MSRA is a legally non-binding arrangement between the US Navy and private shipbuilding contractors to pre-approve shipyards to repair US naval vessels. The MSRA involves a rigorous vetting process.
13. What is the name of the laptop and micro PC introduced by ITI Limited?
Answer: C) SMAASH
- ITI Limited ,a Central PSU under the Ministry of Communication, has introduced its own branded Laptop and Micro PC named ‘SMAASH’.
- These products, developed in collaboration with Intel Corporation, have already been deployed in the market and have won tenders against major MNC brands.
- The Micro PC, an eco-friendly solution, offers efficient computation with a minimal carbon footprint and reduced e-waste.
- It consumes less power, requires less space, and boasts a longer lifespan compared to conventional PCs.
- The SMAASH laptops come in various configurations, including models suitable for students.
- ITI Limited has recently supplied around 9,000 laptops to government schools in Kerala.
All SMAASH products have obtained essential certifications for quality and compliance.
The central government holds a 90.28% stake in ITI Ltd
14. Which country has launched its first operational tactical nuclear attack submarine?
A) North Korea
B) United States
E) United Kingdom
Answer: A) North Korea
- North Korea launched a “new” submarine last week to great fanfare, one it describes as its first “tactical nuclear attack submarine.”
- The submarine, Hero Kim Kun Ok, is an older model that has been redesigned to carry nuclear-tipped ballistic missiles—and possibly radar-evading cruise missiles as well.
- The submarine’s missiles can reach targets across East Asia but cannot threaten the continental United States.
- The submarine was unveiled at the Pongdae Submarine Factory, located along the Sea of Japan
- the vessel appears to be a modified Soviet-era Romeo-class submarine, which North Korea acquired from China in the 1970s and began producing domestically.
- Its design, with 10 launch tube hatches
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs September 12
15. How many Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) have been signed between Netherlands and India for collaboration in sustainable food, key technologies, and medical advancements?
Answer: C) 27
- To strengthen the collaboration between the Netherlands and India, stakeholders from both countries have jointly signed 27 Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs), with a special focus on areas such as sustainable food systems, key enabling technologies and medical technology.
- Many of these agreements are the culmination of contacts that were established during the State visit of King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima in 2019.
- During a one-day visit to the city, the Prime Minister of the Netherlands, Mark Rutte, also inaugurated an economic mission involving over sixty Dutch companies and educational institutions.
- This mission had a strong focus on three pivotal themes: essential enabling technologies, medical technology, and sustainable food systems.
16. Which two countries have launched an infrastructure financing bridge to plan and implement major infrastructure projects?
A) India and China
B) India and Japan
C) India and the USA
D) India and the UK
E) India and Australia
Answer: D) India and the UK
- The 12th Round of Ministerial India-UK Economic and Financial Dialogue was held in New Delhi
- The Indian delegation was led by Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman, Union Minister for Finance and Corporate Affairs, and the U.K. delegation was led by Rt. Hon. Mr. Jeremy Hunt, MP, Chancellor of the Exchequer, U.K
- The two countries announced the India-UK Infrastructure Finance Bridge, a collaborative initiative to leverage expertise and investment in support of India’s National Infrastructure Pipeline.
- India and the UK have launched an infrastructure financing bridge to plan and implement major infrastructure projects
- The two countries have also agreed to conduct investment negotiations in parallel with the goods negotiations to conclude their free trade agreement (FTA) talks.
- The Indian government has also confirmed with the UK government its plans to consider allowing Indian companies to list on exchanges overseas
17. In which sea was Phase II of the Varuna-23 bilateral exercise conducted?
A) Arabian Sea
B) Indian Ocean
C) Mediterranean Sea
D) Bay of Bengal
E) South China Sea
Answer: A) Arabian Sea
- Phase Il of the 21st edition of Varuna (Varuna-23) bilateral exercise between Indian and French Navy was conducted in the Arabian Sea.
- The exercise witnessed participation of guided missile frigates, tanker, Maritime Patrol Aircraft and integral helicopters from the two sides.
- The exercise was conducted over three days and witnessed joint operations, underway replenishment and various tactical manoeuvres.
- The first phase of ‘Varuna-2023’ was conducted off India’s Western Seaboard from 16 to 20 Jan 2023.
- Indian and French Navy bilateral naval exercise was initiated in 1993. The exercise was later christened as ‘Varuna’ in 2001 and has since become a hallmark of robust India-France strategic bilateral relationship.
- This edition will witness participation of indigenous guided missile stealth destroyer INS Chennai, guided missile frigate INS Teg, maritime patrol aircraft P-8I and Dornier, integral helicopters and MiG29K fighter aircraft.
- The French Navy will be represented by the aircraft carrier Charles De Gaulle, frigates FS Forbin and Provence, support vessel FS Marne and maritime patrol aircraft Atlantique.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs September 12
18. Which organization participated in the 19th Heads of Asian Coast Guard Agencies Meeting (HACGAM) in Istanbul, Türkiye?
A) Indian Navy
B) Indian Air Force
C) Indian Coast Guard
D) Indian Army
E) Indian Border Security Force
Answer: C) Indian Coast Guard
- Indian Coast Guard participated in the 19th Heads of Asian Coast Guard Agencies Meeting (HACGAM) at Istanbul, Türkiye.
- A four-member ICG delegation led by DG Rakesh Pal, Director General Indian Coast Guard took part in the annual event of the independent forum with 23 members of Coast Guard Agencies and 02 associate members in the form of ReCAAP and UNODC.
- This multilateral forum is an offshoot of the Japanese initiative to promote cooperation amongst regional Coast Guards, after the capture of the pirated vessel MV Alondra Rainbow by the Indian Coast Guard in Nov 1999.
- The HACGAM primarily focuses on fostering cooperation between the Coast Guards of the member Asian states to ensure and promote safe, secure, and clean seas in the region.
- The forum comprises four Working Groups to enable a focused and goal-oriented approach towards coordinated response and synergy towards common maritime issues.
- Indian Coast Guard is the chair of the Search and Rescue (SAR) Working Group and a proactive member of the other Working Groups which include environmental Protection, Controlling Unlawful Acts at Sea, and Information sharing.
- The last edition of the HACGAM was held in New Delhi in 2022.
19. Which organization has partnered with the Indian Navy to provide reliable, convenient, safe, and economical mobility to naval personnel and their families?
Answer: C) Uber
- The Indian Navy has partnered with Uber to provide reliable, convenient, safe and economical mobility solutions for personal travel and commute of naval personnel and families across the country.
- The MoU was signed in the presence of Navy Chief Admiral R Hari Kumar and senior officials of the company.
- The MoU with Uber aims to provide reliable, convenient, safe and economical mobility solutions for personal travel and commute of Naval personnel and families across the country
20. Which state government launched the MP Mob Lynching Victim Compensation Scheme 2023?
B) Madhya Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: B) Madhya Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh cabinet has decided to implement Madhya Pradesh Mob Lynching Victim Compensation Scheme 2023 for relief and rehabilitation of the victims of mob lynching and their dependents in the state.
- Under this scheme, the crime of mob lynching involves causing harm to any person or persons by a mob of five or more persons on grounds of religion, caste, sex, place of birth, language, food habits, sexual orientation, political affiliation, ethnicity or other such ground or grounds or involves any act or series of acts of violence intended to cause injury. A provision has been made to provide compensation to the victims of mob lynching.
- Madhya Pradesh government will provide Rs 10 lakh as compensation to the kin of any person killed in a mob lynching incident
- Besides the MP Mob Lynching Victim Compensation Scheme 2023, the cabinet also approved a housing scheme for homeless families and doubled the honorarium being given to guest faculty.
- The cabinet has [also] increased honorarium of guest teachers for class one from Rs 9,000 to Rs 18,000, class two from Rs 7,000 to Rs 14,000 and class three to Rs 10,000 from Rs 5,000. As many as 4,500 guest teachers will be benefited under the scheme
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Science and Technology