Daily Current Affairs September 08
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs September 08. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September 08| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs September 08
1. One in every six MSME loans under ECLG scheme turned into NPAs in last how many months?
A) 17 months
B) 36 months
C) 50 months
D) 27 months
E) 40 months
Answer: D) 27 months
- One in every six loans disbursed under the Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLG Scheme) launched during the Covid-19 pandemic has turned bad in the last 27 months.
- The majority of these loans are lower than Rs 20 lakh, a report by Indian Express (IE) stated.
- The National Credit Guarantee Trustee Company Ltd (NCGTC) declared that 1.6 million accounts or 16.4 per cent of the total 9.8 million loans disbursed have turned into non-performing assets (NPAs), the report stated.
- NCGTC was set up to manage these loans.
- In May 2020, the government announced the ECLG scheme.
- A two-year moratorium was allowed for the loans under ECLG.
- For NBFCs, the interest rate was capped at 14 per cent.
- The interest rate for other entities was fixed at 9.25 per cent.
- If they remained unpaid after the moratorium, the loans were to be declared as NPAs.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs September 08
2. Which of the following ministry will kick-start budgetary exercise from October 10?
A) Commerce Ministry
B) Finance Ministry
C) Tribal Affairs Ministry
D) External Affairs Ministry
E) Home Ministry
Answer: B) Finance Ministry
- The finance ministry will kick-start the exercise to prepare the annual budget for 2023-24 from October 10, in the backdrop of revival of the Indian economy and fears of recession in developed countries.
- The budget for the next year will have to address critical issues of high inflation, job creation, boosting demand, and putting the economy on a sustained 8 per cent-plus growth path.
- It will be the fifth budget of the Modi 2.0 government and Sitharaman and the last full budget before the general elections slated in April-May 2024.
- The Budget Estimates for 2023-24 will be provisionally finalised after the completion of pre-budget meetings, it said, adding, RE (Revised Estimate) meetings will continue till around mid-November, 2022.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs September 08
3. Singtel entities offloadedhow many percent stake in Bharti Airtel for Rs 7,128 crores?
Answer: E) 1.76%
- Singtel entities have jointly offloaded a 1.76 percent stake in Bharti Airtel for about Rs 7,128 crore, according to sources.
- Bharti Airtel promoter Bharti Telecom Ltd has bought a 1.63 percent stake from Singtel entity Pastel Ltd for Rs 6,602 crore through an open market transaction.
- According to the bulk deal data available with the National Stock Exchange (NSE), Bharti Telecom purchased 9,62,34,427 shares, amounting to a 1.63 percent stake in the company.
- The shares were acquired at an average price of Rs 686 apiece, taking the transaction value to Rs 6,601.68 crore.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs September 08
4. H. E. William S Ruto elected as President of which of the following country?
Answer: C) Kenya
- Country: Kenya
- Position: President
- Appointed: H. E. William S Ruto
- Succeeded: Uhuru Kenyatta
Environment and Energy- Daily Current Affairs September 08
5. Tata Power will up over how many charging facilities on national highways?
Answer: A) 450
- Tata Power it has set up over 450 charging facilities across more than 350 national highways, including one at the longest highway (NH 44) and another at the busiest highway (NH 19).
- This is in line with the company’s nationwide plan of setting up charging points from north to south and from east to west.
6. India can achieve how many percent renewable energy by 2030?
A) 60 %
B) 30 %
C) 70 %
D) 50 %
E) 40 %
Answer: D) 50 %
- India will cross 50 per cent power capacity from non-fossil fuel by 2030, said Minister of Power and New and Renewable Energy RK Singh.
- Although power demand has increased by 20 per cent in the last couple of years, India has achieved 40 per cent of the renewable energy target 9 years ahead of the target.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs September 08
7. DRDO and Indian Army successfully completedhow many flight-tests of Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile system?
Answer: B) 6
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Army have successfully completed six flight-tests of Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile QRSAM system from Integrated Test Range Chandipur off the Odisha coast.
- The flight tests were conducted as part of evaluation trials by the Indian Army.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs September 08
8. India handed over 5,000 tonnes of rice to which of the following country?
B) Sri Lanka
Answer: A) Madagascar
- India handed over 5,000 metric tonnes of rice to Madagascar in humanitarian assistance.
- The supply was handed over to Madagascar President Andry Rajoelina by Ambassador of India Abhay Kumar in an official ceremony at the Iavoloha Palace in Madagascar.
- The supplies of food assistance and support for capacity building to Madagascar are in line with the vision of Security and Growth for All in the Region (SAGAR) and India’s role as a net security provider in the Indian Ocean Region, a statement issued by the Embassy of India in Antananarivo.
9. India and which of the following countrywill enhance military drills and defence co-operation?
B) Sri Lanka
Answer: E) Japan
- India and Japan agreed to step up bilateral defence cooperation and engage in more military exercises, including joint fighter jet drills, as they emphasised that their special strategic ties played a crucial role in ensuring a free, open and rules-based Indo-Pacific, amidst China’s aggressive behaviour in the region.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh met his Japanese counterpart Yasukazu Hamada here on the first day of his official visit to Japan and the two leaders reviewed various aspects of bilateral defence cooperation and regional affairs.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs September 08
10. Who among the following willvirtually launch Pradhan Mantri TB Mukt Bharat Abhiyaan?
A) Vice President
B) Home Minister
D) Chief Justice of India
E) Prime Minister
Answer: C) President
- President Droupadi Murmu will virtually launch the Pradhan Mantri TB Mukt Bharat Abhiyaan on 9th September to reinvigorate the mission of TB elimination from the country by 2025.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi had given the clarion call to end TB in the country five years ahead of the SDG (Sustainable Development Goals) target of 2030 at the Delhi End TB Summit in March 2018.
- The Abhiyaan will be launched in presence of Union Health Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya and Minister of State for Health Dr. Bharati Pravin Pawar and will be attended by representatives from State & district health administration, corporates, industries, civil society and NGOs.
- During the event, President Murmu will also launch the Ni-kshay Mitra initiative, a portal to provide a platform for donors to provide various forms of support to those undergoing TB treatment.
11. Government will set up how many cargo terminals under PM Gati Shakti framework over next four to five years?
Answer: D) 300
- Government has announced that it will set up 300 cargo terminals under the PM Gati Shakti framework over next four to five years to reduce the logistics cost by a huge margin and attract more cargo to railways.
- The decision is expected to add a great impetus to the economy.
- Logistics cost by road transport accounts for 17 to 18 percent of total GDP, therefore this project was envisaged with deep consultation with all the stakeholders.
- Rail Ministry has received 93 firm applications for setting up multimodel cargo terminals of which over 60 applicants have expressed their strong desire for this project.
12. Government will establish 3 lakh Primary Agricultural Credit Societies in next how many years?
A) 5 years
B) 2 years
C) 4 years
D) 6 years
E) 3 years
Answer: A) 5 years
- The Cooperation Minister said, currently there are 65 thousand active Primary Agricultural Credit Societies PACS in the country.
- He said, Government has decided to establish 3 lakh PACS in the next 5 years.
- Mr Shah said, defunct PACS should be liquidised as soon as possible, so that new PACS can be built.
13. Who among the following willlaunch ‘Make India No 1’ campaign from Haryana?
A) Punjab CM
B) Himachal Pradesh CM
C) Delhi CM
D) Gujarat CM
E) Haryana CM
Answer: C) Delhi CM
- AAP national convenor and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal will bring 130 crore Indians together for his path-breaking nationwide campaign, ‘Make India No 1’, that he will be launching from his birthplace Hisar in Haryana.
14. Who among the following Union minister launched an initiative to connect Indian startups with US investors?
A) Amit Shah
B) Virendra Kumar
C) Piyush Goyal
D) Prahlad Joshi
E) Arjun Munda
Answer: C) Piyush Goyal
- Commerce and industry minister Piyush Goyal has launched an initiative — SETU (Supporting Entrepreneurs in Transformation and Upskilling) here to connect startups in India to US-based investors.
- SETU is designed to break the geographical barriers between mentors based in the US that are willing to invest in entrepreneurship and sunrise startups in India.
- The programme was launched during an interaction focused on specific issues related to the startup ecosystem in India.
- The meeting focused on ways to encourage domestic incorporation and mentorship of early-stage Indian startups by successful diaspora members in the Bay Area of San Francisco.
- The initiative would connect startups in India to US-based investors and startup ecosystem leaders with mentorship and assistance in various areas, including funding, market access and commercialisation.
15. Cabinet approvedhow many crores scheme for development of over 14,000 PM-SHRI schools?
A) Rs 27630 crores
B) Rs 23760 crores
C) Rs 27360 crores
D) Rs 23670 crores
E) Rs 26730 crores
Answer: C) Rs 27360 crores
- The Union Cabinet approved a Rs 27,360-crore scheme for the development of over 14,000 schools across the country as PM Schools for Rising India (PM-SHRI), which is expected to benefit 18.7 lakh students.
- Under the scheme, over 14,000 schools, including KendriyaVidyalayas and Navodaya Vidyalayas as well as schools run by state governments and local bodies, will be strengthened to emerge as PM-SHRI Schools, Union ministers Dharmendra Pradhan and Anurag Thakur told reporters after the Cabinet meeting.
- The total project cost would be Rs 27,360 crore for five years, of which the central share would be Rs 18,128 crore.
- The government expects this scheme to benefit 18.7 lakh students and these schools will be monitored vigorously to assess progress and understand the challenges faced in the implementation of the new National Education Policy (NEP), 2020.
16. Which of the following state signed MoU with Iran for Urdu, Persian documents conservation?
B) Uttar Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Telangana
- The Telangana State Archives and Research Institute entered into an agreement with Noor International Microfilm Centre, Culture House of the Islamic Republic of Iran, in New Delhi for the repair, conservation, digitalisation and cataloguing of Urdu and Persian historical manuscripts and documents, which is a common heritage between India and Iran.
- A press release from the state government said the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) exchange ceremony took place at T-Hub Phase 2.0, in the presence of K T Rama Rao, Minister for IT and Industries and Dr Ali Chegeni, Ambassador of Islamic Republic of Iran.
17.Which of the following state signedMOU with Tata Memorial Centre to set up 200 bed cancer hospital?
B) Uttar Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: E) Odisha
- The Odisha government signed a memorandum of understanding with the Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai for establishment of a state-of-the-art Cancer Hospital at the NISER campus at Jatni near the state capital.
- Health and Family Welfare Department signed the MoU in the presence of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
- Director of Tata Memorial Centre Mumbai Dr Rajendra Badwi and Special Secretary Public Health Dr Ajit Kumar Mohanty signed the MoU.
- As per the provision of the MoU, the Mumbai based Tata Memorial Centre (TMC) under the Department of Atomic Energy will establish a 200 bed hospital and run it with a proposed cost of Rs 650 crore.
- The Department of Atomic Energy has earmarked Rs 400 crore for this project whereas Tata Trusts will spend Rs 250 crore on this project.
18. India will be a how many billion USD electronics manufacturing industry by 2025-26?
A) $ 400 billion
B) $ 350 billion
C) $ 300 billion
D) $ 250 billion
E) $ 500 billion
Answer: C) $ 300 billion
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s U.S.-India Business Council (USIBC)’s India Ideas Summit 2022 saw Rajeev Chandrasekhar, India’s Minister of State for Electronics and IT participate in a panel discussion on data governance and advanced manufacturing.
- Our ambition is to build a USD 300bn electronics manufacturing industry in India by 2025-26.
- Electronics manufacturing, currently at USD 75 bn, will form an important component of the USD 1 trillion economy for India.
- India’s manufacturing capabilities have really strengthened during the COVID-19 landscape making us a preferred partner in the supply chains across the world.
19. Who among the following will inaugurate Kartavya Path, unveil Netaji statue?
A) Vice President
B) Home Minister
D) Chief Justice of India
E) Prime Minister
Answer: E) Prime Minister
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the newly-christened Kartavya Path — a stretch from Rashtrapati Bhavan to India Gate that will have red granite walkways with greenery all around, refurbished canals, state-wise food stalls, new amenity blocks and vending kiosks.
- Modi will also unveil a statue of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose at India Gate.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Environment and Energy