Daily Current Affairs September 06
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs September 06. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
September 06| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs September 06
1. Who among the following cricketer retired from all forms of cricket?
A) Suresh Raina
B) Irfan Pathan
C) Virat Kohli
D) Rohit Sharma
Answer: A) Suresh Raina
- Former India batter Suresh Raina announced his retirement from all forms of cricket, a move that makes him eligible for competing in overseas T20 leagues.
- The 35-year-old had followed M S Dhoni into international retirement on August 15, 2020.
- He continued playing the IPL in 2021 but was released by Chennai Super Kings ahead of the 2022 season.
- As an India player, Raina played 18 Tests, 226 ODIs and 78 T20s.
- He was part of the World Cup winning squad in 2011.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs September 06
2. RBI imposed penalties on how many co-operative banks for non-compliance?
Answer: D) 5
- The Reserve Bank has imposed penalties on five cooperative banks, including Rs 25 lakh on The Karnataka State Co-operative Apex Bank, Bengaluru, for deficiencies in regulatory compliance.
- The penalty on The Karnataka State Co-operative Apex Bank Ltd has been imposed for non-compliance with directions on “Housing Finance”.
- In another statement, it said a fine of Rs 15 lakh has been imposed on Thane Bharat Sahakari Bank Limited, Thane, for non-compliance with the directions issued by RBI on ‘Customer Protection – Limiting Liability of Customers of Co-operative Banks in Unauthorised Electronic Banking Transactions’.
- A fine of Rs 5 lakh has been imposed on Rani Laxmibai Urban Co-operative Bank, Jhansi, as it failed to adhere to specific directions issued to it by RBI under Supervisory Action Framework (SAF).
- The RBI has also imposed a Rs 2 lakh penalty on The Nicholson Co-operative Town Bank (No.8), Thanjavur District, Tamil Nadu for violation of directions issued under Exposure Norms and Statutory/Other Restrictions UCBs.
- A fine of Rs 10,000 has been imposed on The Urban Co-operative Bank, Rourkela for contravention of norms related to the Depositor Education and Awareness Fund.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs September 06
3. How many percent of equity share capital of IndiaIdeas acquired by PayU?
Answer: B) 100%
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approves acquisition of 100% of the equity share capital of IndiaIdeas.com Limited (IIL) by PayU Payments Private Limited (PayU India) under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002.
4. How many percent of additional stake in Apraava Energy acquired by CDPQ Infrastructures Asia II?
Answer: A) 10%
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approves acquisition of stake in Apraava Energy Private Limited (Target) by CDPQ Infrastructures Asia II Pte. Ltd. (Acquirer) under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002.
- The Proposed Combination pertains to the acquiring an additional 10% shareholding in the Target from CPL GPEC (Mauritius) Holding Limited.
- The Acquirer presently holds 40% shareholding in the Target.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs September 06
5. Justice M Duraiswamy appointed as the Chief Justice of the ______ High Court?
Answer: C) Madras
- Madras High Court
- Position: Chief Justice
- Appointed: Justice M Duraiswamy
- Succeeded: Justice Munishwar Nath Bhandari
6. Who among the following became CMD of Shipping Corporation of India?
A) Binesh Kumar Gupta
B) Binesh Kumar Yadhav
C) Binesh Kumar Tyagi
D) Binesh Kumar Pandey
E) Binesh Kumar Tyagi
Answer: E) Binesh Kumar Tyagi
- Organisation: Shipping Corporation of India
- Position: Chairman and Managing Director (CMD)
- Appointed: Binesh Kumar Tyagi
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs September 06
7. Which of the following country and India elevated their space relationship?
Answer: D) Australia
- India and Australia elevated their space relationship as six new industry-to-industry memorandums for collaboration between the two countries were signed at the seventh ‘Bengaluru Space Expo 2022”.
- Australia continues to look at new ways to enhance its space collaboration with India, said the Head of the Australian Space Agency (ASA), Enrico Palermo, in his address to the international conference and exhibition.
- The establishment of a Consulate-General in Bengaluru from 2023 will allow us to further develop the space relationship.
8. EAM S Jaishankar discussed bilateral cooperation & JCPOA with his counterpart Hossein Amirabdollahian , he belongs to which of the following country?
Answer: B) Iran
- External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar discussed bilateral cooperation and Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) with his Iranian counterpart Hossein Amirabdollahian.
- In a tweet, Dr Jaishankar said he looks forward to remaining in touch with the Iranian Foreign Minister.
9. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said India fully committed to further deepening multifaceted Strategic Partnership with which of the following country?
Answer: A) Mongolia
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh held a meeting with his Mongolian counterpart SaikhanbayarGursed in Ulaanbaatar.
- They had in-depth deliberations on adding further momentum to India-Mongolia defence cooperation.
- The Minister also met President of Mongolia, U. Khurelsukh.
- In a series of tweets, Mr Singh said India is fully committed to further deepening multifaceted Strategic Partnership with Mongolia.
- During the visit, he also interacted with Speaker of Mongolian Parliament, Zandanshatar.
- He complimented the Speaker on his consistent support to promote and expand India and Mongolia’s shared heritage of Buddhism.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs September 06
10. Amit Shah announced how many member panel for drafting cooperation policy?
Answer: C) 47
- Union Home and Cooperation Minister Amit Shah announced the constitution of a national level committee for drafting of the national cooperation policy document.
- The new national cooperative policy is being formulated to realize the vision of ‘Sahakar Se Samriddhi ‘ under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The national level committee under the Chairmanship of former Union Cabinet Minister Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu consists of 47 members from all parts of the country.
- It comprises experts of the cooperative sector; representatives of National, State and District and Primary Cooperative Societies; Secretaries (Cooperation) and Registrars of Cooperative Societies of States and Union Territories; and officers from Central ministries and departments.
- The Union Home Minister had recently announced that a national cooperation policy will soon be prepared which will have a holistic approach from Primary Agriculture Credit Societies (PACS) upwards.
11. PM Modi announced new initiative PM SHRI Schools on occasion of Teachers’ Day , what does R stands for in PM SHRI?
Answer: E) Rising
- On the occasion of National Teachers’ Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a new initiative – PM SHRI Schools (PM Schools for Rising India).
- This will be a new centrally sponsored scheme for the upgradation and development of more than 14,500 Schools across the country by strengthening the selected existing schools from amongst schools managed by Central Government/ State/ UT Government/ local bodies.
- PM SHRI Schools will showcase all components of the National Education Policy 2020 and act as exemplar schools and also offer mentorship to other schools in their vicinity.
- The aim of these schools will not only be qualitative teaching, learning and cognitive development but also to create holistic and well-rounded individuals equipped with key 21st-century skills.
12. Which of the following state cleared Rs 1.26-trn investment proposals to create direct employment?
A) Andhra Pradesh
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A) Andhra Pradesh
- The Andhra Pradesh State Investment Promotion Board (SIPB), headed by Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy approved various investment proposals worth Rs 1,26,748 crore that would create 40,330 direct employment over the next seven years.
- Of the total, Rs 81,000 crore would be invested on green energy projects that would generate 17,930 MW of power, the Chief Minister’s Office said in a release. Besides, two other solar power plants with a total capacity of 60 GW are also proposed.
- According to the release, the SIPB approved a proposal from Causis E-Mobility for an investment of Rs 386.23 crore on an electric bus-manufacturing unit at Kopparthy in YSR district.
- The venture would create over 1,200 jobs.
- The release said Lyfius Pharma would invest Rs 1,900 crore on its drug manufacturing unit in the Kakinada SEZ.
- For this, the State government allotted 236.37 acres of land.
- The unit would be ready by April 2024, providing employment to 2,000 people.
- Inosol Solar Private Limited would set up its plant on a 5,147-acre site at Ramayapatnam in SPS Nellore district to manufacture metallurgical grade silicon, poly silicon, float glass and other products.
- The company will invest Rs 43,143 crore in three phases and provide direct employment to 11,500 people and also create indirect employment for another 11,000.
- It will also set up solar power plants of 50 GigaWatt and 10 GigaWatt capacity.
- The SIPB also approved six green energy projects in YSR, Kurnool and Nandyal districts with an aggregate investment of Rs 81,043 crore.
- The green energy plants include hydro storage and pumped hydro storage with a total capacity of 17,930 MW to be completed in phases by December 2029.
13. MeitY approved Rs 500 crore electronics manufacturing Project in which of the following state?
A) Andhra Pradesh
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: D) Maharashtra
- The government has approved an Electronics Manufacturing Cluster (EMC) in Pune at a cost of Rs 500 crore.
- The EMC, which will come up in Ranjangaon Phase III, will be set up over an area of 297 acres.
- The proposal, approved by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, is expected to attract investments of up to Rs 2,000 crore.
- The central government assistance for the project would be nearly Rs 208 crore.
The modified EMC 2.0 scheme was notified on April 1, 2020.
14. Onam Week celebrations began inwhich of the following state?
A) Andhra Pradesh
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C) Kerala
- In Kerala, after Covid-19 pandemic and natural calamities shattered festivities for two consecutive years, the Onam Week celebrations began.
- Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan will inaugurate the State-level event in the State capital Thiruvananthapuram this evening.
- Prominent personalities and celebrities will attend.
- Over eight thousand artists will perform at 32 venues across the State during the celebrations.
15. Over how many lakh labourers enrol for Ayushman Golden cards?
A) 70 lakh
B) 55 lakh
C) 75 lakh
D) 60 lakh
E) 45 lakh
Answer: B) 55 lakh
- The Uttar Pradesh government claimed to have registered around 55 lakh labourers till August in its database who would be given ‘Ayshuman Golden Cards’ under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojana (PMJAY), as part of a special campaign for registration that started on July 25.
- The state labour department has been told to speed up the process of providing these cards especially to construction labourers who put their lives at risk while working.
- These Golden Cards would be given to labourers covered under the PMJAY and the Mukhyamantri Jan Aarogya schemes which would also cover the medical treatment costs of their family members.
- As per the data available with the labour department, so far 54.91 lakh eligible labourers belonging to 38.3 lakh families have been registered under the two schemes.
- Of these, over 4.70 lakh labourers have received the Ayushman Golden Cards — which grants them free health benefits of up to Rs 5 lakh.
16. Revenue Deficit Grant of Rs. 7,183.42 crore released to how many states?
Answer: A) 14
- The central government has released Rs 7,183.42 crore as a revenue deficit grant to 14 states the Finance Ministry.
- The Department of Expenditure released the 6th monthly instalment of the Post Devolution Revenue Deficit (PDRD) Grant of Rs 7,183.42 crore to 14 states as per the recommendations of the Fifteenth Finance Commission.
- The Fifteenth Finance Commission has recommended a total Post Devolution Revenue Deficit Grant of Rs 86,201 crore to 14 states for the financial year 2022-23.
- With the release of the 6th instalment for the month of September 2022, the total amount of Revenue Deficit Grants released to the States in 2022-23 has gone up to Rs 43,100.50 crore.
- The states that have been recommended Post Devolution Revenue Deficit Grant by the Fifteenth Finance Commission during 2022-23 are: Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tripura, Uttarakhand and West Bengal.
17. MoS Smt. Anupriya Patel laid foundation stone of ‘Chunar Logistics Park’ in which of the following state?
A) Andhra Pradesh
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: E) Uttar Pradesh
- Minister of State (MoS) for Commerce & Industry, Smt. Anupriya Patel laid foundation stone for ‘Chunar Logistics Park’ in Mirzapur, UP.
- Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, Minister of Railways, Communications and Electronics & Information Technology virtually attended the event as a Chief Guest.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Acquisitions and Mergers