Daily Current Affairs October 17
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs October 17. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
October 17 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs October 17
1. International Day for the Eradication of Poverty is observed on which date?
A) October 15
B) October 11
C) October 17
D) October 12
E) October 14
Answer: C) October 17
Theme for International Day for Eradication of Poverty:
- This year’s theme is “Building forward together: Ending Persistent Poverty, Respecting all People and our Planet.”
Sports – Daily Current Affairs October 17
2. India defeats which country to win SAFF Championship for record 8th time?
Answer: E) Nepal
- India thrashed Nepal 3-0 to clinch the SAFF Championship trophy for a record-eighth time, here at the National Football Stadium.
- Skipper Sunil Chhetri (48′), Suresh Singh (50′), and Abdul Sahal (90′) were the goal-scorer for India in the final.
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs October 17
3. Ahmad Shah Ahmadzai has passed away. He served as Prime Minister of which country?
Answer: D) Afghanistan
- Afghanistan’s former Prime Minister Ahmad Shah Ahmadzai has passed away at the age of 78, reported Pajhwok Afghan News.
- Ahmadzai served as prime minister of Afghanistan from 1995 to 1996 soon before the Taliban took control of the country.
- Earlier this month, he returned to Afghanistan from India through Attari check post with Pakistan.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs October 17
4. The North Delhi Municipal Corporation and which Bank have signed a Memorandum of Undertaking (MoU) for digital payment of municipal services?
A) State Bank of India
B) UCO Bank
C) Punjab National Bank
D) Federal Bank
E) Bank of Maharashtra
Answer: A) State Bank of India
- Commissioner Sanjay Goel said the SBI e-pay aggregator will facilitate online payment of municipal taxes and fees for any services using SBI’s gateway.
- It provides digital access and makes e-governance services available to the citizens.
- He said that this is a step towards ‘Digitial India’ programme and to provide municipal services to the citizens.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs October 17
5. Which institution signed a MoU with NSE Academy to jointly offer various short and long term certification programs in Finance and Allied areas?
A) Indian Institute of Management, Jammu
B) Indian Institute of Management, Kharagpur
C) Indian Institute of Management, Madras
D) Indian Institute of Management, Kanpur
E) Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
Answer: A) Indian Institute of Management, Jammu
- Indian Institute of Management, Jammu signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with NSE Academy; a subsidiary of National Stock Exchange, to jointly offer various short and long term certification programs in Finance and Allied areas.
- The MoU signing ceremony was held online and was presided over by Prof. B S Sahay, Director IIM Jammu along with Mr. Mishra.
- In addition, faculty members, officers and staff were also present from IIM Jammu and NSE Academy.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 17
6. Which country’s Military has carried out its first-ever test of a “nuclear capable hypersonic missile?
Answer: A) China
- China has tested a new space capability with a hypersonic missile, the Financial Times reported.
- The report, citing multiple sources familiar with the test, said that Beijing in August launched a nuclear-capable missile that circled the Earth at low orbit before descending toward its target, which three sources said it missed by over 20 miles (32 kilometers).
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 17
7. Indian Army team wins gold medal in exercise Cambrian Patrol in which country?
Answer: D) UK
- A team from 4/5 Gorkha Rifles (Frontier Force) — which represented the Indian Army at the prestigious Cambrian Patrol Exercise at Brecon, Wales, UK from October 13-15 — has been awarded the gold medal.
- Exercise Cambrian Patrol organised by the UK Army is considered the ultimate test of human endurance, team spirit and is sometimes referred as the Olympics of Military Patrolling among militaries in the world, a Defence Ministry release said.
8. Which edition of Jammu Film Festival to be held in Mar 2022?
Answer: D) 2
- The second edition of the Jammu Film Festival is going to be held in the month of March next year, it was announced here.
- Speaking to the media, Ex-Deputy Chairman, Secretary to Board of Jawahar Lal Nehru Port Trust, Mumbai, Shiben Krishen Kaul here said that the journey started with the call for entries and will culminate into a two-day event during March 2022.
9. Who inaugurated the 29th “HunarHaat” at Rampur, Uttar Pradesh?
A) Ram Nath Kovind
B) Narendra Modi
C) Dharmendra Pradhan
D) Jyotiraditya Scindia
E) Rajeev Chandrasekhar
Answer: C) Dharmendra Pradhan
- Union Minister for Education and Skill Development Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated the 29th “HunarHaat” at Rampur, Uttar Pradesh, an official statement said here.
- Union Minister for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and Union Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs and Culture Arjun Ram Meghwal were also present at the event.
10. Which state launches ‘District administration’s march towards villages’ with focus on development?
C) Tamil Nadu
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A) Karnataka
- Karnataka Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai said a government can become pro-people only if all the institutions working in rural areas function effectively.
- “With the motto of serving people in rural areas, the government will reach the people at their doorstep,” the Chief Minister said at the launch of ‘District Administration’s March Towards Villages’ in the village of Surahonne in Nyamati Taluk to address people’s woes and complaints in rural areas.
- The government has chosen 227 villages where the scheme would be launched to convert them into model villages.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Science and Technology