Daily Current Affairs October 15
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs October 15. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
October 15 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs October 15
1. International Day for Rural Women is observed on which date?
A) October 15
B) October 11
C) October 6
D) October 12
E) October 14
Answer: A) October 15
- International Day for Rural Women is a day that focuses on gender equality and empowering women in rural areas.
- Highlighting the purpose of this day, the United Nations said that it “recognises the critical role and contribution of rural women in agricultural and rural development”.
- It is observed on October 15 every year.
International Day of Rural Women 2021: Theme
- This year, the theme of the day is “Rural women cultivating good food for all“.
- The theme aims to eradicate discrimination faced by women in rural areas
Global Handwashing Day 2021:
- Global Handwashing Day 2021 is observed on October 15.
- The theme for 2021 is “Our Future is at Hand – Let’s Move Forward Together.”
- The day focuses on the importance of hand wash and comes up with “creative ways to encourage people to wash their hands with soap at critical times”.
World Students’ Day:
- October 15 of every year is celebrated as World Students’ Day in honour of former Indian president APJ Abdul Kalam, who was born on the same day in 1931.
- The United Nations declared October 15 as World Students’ Day in 2010.
- This year, the theme for World Students’ day is “Learning for people, planet, prosperity and peace”, which aims to reaffirm the role of education as a fundamental right of every person across the world.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs October 15
2. Which organisation withdrew all restrictions imposed on Hindu Cooperative Bank Limited, Pathankot?
Answer: E) RBI
- The Reserve Bank had issued directions stipulating certain restrictions on the bank in March 2019.
- The directions were modified from time to time and were last extended up to October 24, 2021.
- In another release, the RBI said it has imposed a penalty of Rs 1 lakh on KNS Bank, The Kurla Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd, Mumbai for contravention certain norms related to Depositor Education and Awareness Fund Scheme, 2014.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs October 15
3. SEBI Forms how many Member High Powered Advisory Committee On Settlement Orders?
Answer: C) 4
- Capital markets regulator Sebi has constituted a four-member high powered advisory committee on settlement orders and compounding of offences.
- The committee will be chaired by Vijay C Daga, retired judge of High Court of Bombay, according to an update with the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi).
- The other members of the panel are – former law secretary in Ministry of Law & Justice, PK Malhotra; ex-Chairman of Deloitte Haskins & Sells LLP PR Ramesh and DN Raval, Partner at Raval & Raval Associates.
4. Which country gets re-elected to UN Human Rights Council for 2022-24 term?
Answer: B) India
- India was re-elected to the UN Human Rights Council for the 2022-24 term on Thursday and vowed to continue to work for the promotion and protection of Human Rights through “Samman, Samvad and Sahyog.”
- The UN General Assembly elected by secret ballot Argentina, Benin, Cameroon, Eritrea, Finland, Gambia, Honduras, India, Kazakhstan, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Montenegro, Paraguay, Qatar, Somalia, UAE and the USA.
5. The Reserve Bank approved re-appointment of Amitabh Chaudhry as managing director of private sector Axis Bank for a period of ____ years?
Answer: D) 3
- The Reserve Bank approved re-appointment of Amitabh Chaudhry as managing director of private sector Axis Bank for a period of three years.
- The extended three-year term would be effective from January 1, 2022, Axis Bank said in a regulatory filing.
RBI approves appointment of Pradeep Kumar Panja as Chairman of Karnataka Bank:
- He will succeed P Jayarama Bhat, who will complete his term on November 13.
- Pradeep Kumar Panja retired as Managing Director (Corporate Banking) of State Bank of India (SBI).
- Prior to this, he also held the post of Managing Director of State Bank of Travancore for about a year.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs October 15
6. Which state launched the “Chief Minister’s Health for All” scheme in a function held at CM’s Secretariat?
C) Tamil Nadu
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: E) Manipur
- Chief Minister N Biren Singh launched the “Chief Minister’s Health for All” scheme in a function held at CM’s Secretariat.
- The scheme was announced by the Chief Minister on the 71st Birthday of Prime Minister Narendra Modi on September 17 last.
- Door-to-door health screening will be conducted across the State and Jan Aushadhi medicines will be provided to patients free of cost for primary health care under the scheme.
- In the first phase, 1,628 villages will be selected from all the 16 districts.
- These villages will be linked to 118 Primary Health Sub Centres, 29 Primary Health Centres and 7 Community Health Centres.
7. Who launches app that enables people to book parking slots online in Delhi?
A) Ministry of Education
B) Ministry of Food Processing Industries
C) Ministry of Defence
D) Ministry of Home
E) Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
Answer: E) Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- While launching the ‘MyParkings’ app, the minister said, “Parking is a difficult issue and this app is an effort to reduce stress and help people plan their trips better.“
- The app launch was attended by Mukkesh Suryaan, Mayor, South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC); Gyanesh Bharti, Commissioner, SDMC and George Kuruvilla, CMD, BECIL.
- This app has been developed by Broadcast Engineering Consultants India Limited (BECIL) with SDMC with the purpose to digitise all authorised parking under the civic body’s municipal limits.
- It will also help in management of parking pass for daily/regular commuters, will provide options for electric vehicle charging station and integration of card with DTC/Delhi Metro; smart QR code for slot booking, check in and checkout and Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system.
8. RailTel signs MoU with ____ to boost expansion of telecom services?
Answer: E) C-DOT
- RailTel Corporation signed a memorandum of understanding with the Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT) to work together in diverse areas of telecom with a key focus on boosting modernisation and expansion of communication networks in the country.
- C-DOT is a premier research centre under the Department of Telecommunications whereas RailTel works under the Ministry of Railways.
- The MoU signing ceremony was attended by Rajkumar Upadhyay, executive director of C-DOT, and Puneet Chawla, CMD of RailTel, in the presence of other senior officers of both the organisations, RailTel said in a statement.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance