Daily Current Affairs November 10
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs November 10. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
November 10 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs November 10
1. World Science Day for Peace and Development is observed on which date?
A) November 11
B) November 12
C) November 13
D) November 14
E) November 10
Answer: E) November 10
- World Science Day for Peace and Development is observed to raise the importance and relevance of science in our daily lives.
- This day highlights the significant role of science in society and the need to engage the wider public in debates on emerging scientific issues.
- The main aim is to ensure that citizens are kept informed of developments in science.
World Science Day for Peace and Development 2021: Date
- World Science Day for Peace and Development is observed on November 10, every year.
- It underscores the role scientists play in broadening our understanding of the remarkable, fragile planet we call home and in making our societies more sustainable.
World Science Day for Peace and Development 2021: Theme
- The theme for World Science Day for Peace and Development is ‘Building Climate-Ready Communities’.
- The objective is to bring science closer to society by highlighting some key scientific aspects.
World Science Day for Peace and Development 2021: History
- The first World Science Day for Peace and Development was celebrated worldwide on November 10, 2002, under UNESCO auspices.
- After its proclamation by UNESCO in 2001, World Science Day for Peace and Development has generated many concrete projects, programs, and funding for science around the world.
- World Science Day for Peace and Development offers an opportunity to show the general public the relevance of science in their lives and to engage them in discussions.
- The event was the positive outcome of the 1999 World Conference on Science in Budapest.
- It was considered as an opportunity to reaffirm the commitment to attaining the goals proclaimed in the Declaration on Science and the Use of Scientific Knowledge every year.
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs November 10
2. Eminent academician and psychologist Koneru Ramakrishna Rao passed away. He won Padma Shri award in which year?
Answer: E) 2011
- Eminent academician and psychologist Koneru Ramakrishna Rao died of age-related illness , family sources said.
- Ramakrishna Rao (89) was a recipient of Padma Shri in the year 2011.
- He served as the Vice-Chancellor of Andhra University and Chancellor of GITAM deemed-to-be university and had written over 20 books and several hundred research papers.
- He was an internationally recognised psychologist and served as president of US-based Parapsychological Association and Indian Academy of Applied Psychology.
- He was a scholar of Gandhian studies as well.
- Ramakrishna Rao was a former Chairman of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education and instrumental in initiating many key reforms in the university curriculum.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs November 10
3. Who topped in the billionaire List in India in Bloomberg Billionaires Index?
A) Mukesh Ambani
B) Azim Premji
C) Shiv Nadar
D) Gaudham Adani
E) Uday Kotak
Answer: A) Mukesh Ambani
- Falguni Nayar, who founded Nykaa in April 2012 at the age of 50, became one of India’s 20 richest people on Wednesday after FSN E-commerce Ventures, Nykaa’s parent firm, made a blockbuster debut on the stock exchanges.
- Nayar, only the second Indian self-made woman billionaire after Biocon founder Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, was worth around Rs 55.6 lakh crore ($7.48 billion) as of 3.10 pm, when FSN’s stock was at Rs 2,206 a share.
- She owns 53.5% of the company through two promoter trusts and seven other promoter entities.
- This made her the 17th richest person in India, ahead of Ashwin Dani, non-executive chairman of Asian Paints Ltd ($7.05 billion), and behind Nusli Wadia, chairman of the Wadia Group ($8.4 billion), according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index
India’s Top 20 Richest People:
|Sl. no.||Name||Net Worth (in $ billion)|
|13||K P Singh||$10.8B|
|17||Falguni Nayar and Family||$7.48B|
|18||Ashwin Dani & family||$7.05B|
|19||Mahendra Choksi & family||$6.69B|
|20||Abhay Vakil & family||$6.48B|
4. What is the rank of India in Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) 2022?
- Scandinavian countries lead the way in climate protection, together with Morocco and the United Kingdom.
- Leaders Denmark, Sweden, and Norway occupy ranks four through six in the new Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) 2022.
- Places one to three again remain vacant because no country’s measures thus far have been sufficient to achieve an overall ‘very high’ rating – none are following a path necessary to keep global warming within the 1.5°C limit.
- In the overall ranking, Australia, Kazakhstan, Russia, Saudi Arabia and South Korea are among the worst performers.
- Australia receives ‘very low’ ratings in every CCPI category and slips four places in the overall ranking.
- The Netherlands and Greece are the biggest climbers, while Croatia, Belarus and Algeria fall in most of the category rankings.
- From the G20 countries, only the EU, along with the UK and India, rank among the high performers, while six G20 countries are very low performers.
- Hungary and Slovenia are this year’s worst-performing EU countries.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs November 10
5. Which organisation announced its first global hackathon ‘HARBINGER 2021 – Innovation for Transformation’ with the theme ‘smarter digital payments?
Answer: E) RBI
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced its first global hackathon ‘HARBINGER 2021 – Innovation for Transformation’ with the theme ‘smarter digital payments’.
- Registration for the hackathon starts from November 15, the central bank said in a statement.
- The Hackathon, it said, invites participants to identify and develop solutions that have the potential to make digital payments accessible to the under-served, enhance the ease of payments and user experience, while strengthening the security of digital payments and promoting customer protection.
- According to the statement, HARBINGER 2021 invites innovative ideas for several problem statements in the payment and settlement systems landscape, including, context-based retail payments to remove the physical act of payment.
- Ideas have also been sought for innovative, easy-to-use, non-mobile digital payment solutions for converting small-ticket cash transactions to digital mode; alternative authentication mechanism for digital payments; and social media analysis monitoring tool for detection of digital payment fraud and disruption.
- The prize for winner is Rs 40 lakh, and Rs 20 lakh for runner-up.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs November 10
6. Fumio Kishida is appointed as Prime Minister of which country?
Answer: B) Japan
- Fumio Kishida was reelected as Japan’s prime minister after his governing party scored a major victory in key parliamentary elections.
- Elected just over a month ago by parliament, Kishida called a quick election in which his governing party secured 261 seats in the 465-member lower house — the more powerful of Japan’s two-chamber legislature — enough to maintain a free hand in pushing legislation through parliament.
7. Audrey Azoulay was elected to a second four-year term of which organisation?
Answer: E) UNESCO
- UNESCO Director General Audrey Azoulay was elected to a second four-year term as head of the United Nations’ cultural agency after a vote of its 193 members.
Azoulay was appointed in 2017 after a bitter campaign.
- Her mandate was to revive the organisation’s fortunes after former U.S. President Donald Trump withdrew the United States over accusations of anti-Israel bias.
8. Who is named the next Indian Navy chief?
A) R. Hari Kumar
B) R. Naveen Kumar
C) R. Prasanth Kumar
D) R. Hari Sankar
E) R. Hari Mohan
Answer: A) R. Hari Kumar
- Vice Admiral R. Hari Kumar, presently the Western Naval Command chief, named the next Indian Navy chief.
- Incumbent, Admiral Karambir Singh will retire from service on November 30.
- Born on April 12, 1962, Vice Admiral R. Hari Kumar was commissioned into the Navy’s Executive Branch on January 1, 1983.
- During his long and distinguished service spanning nearly 39 years, he has served in a variety of command, staff, and instructional appointments.
- Vice Admiral Hari Kumar’s sea command includes INS Nishank, missile corvette INS Kora and guided missile destroyer INS Ranvir.
- He also commanded Indian Navy’s Aircraft Carrier INS Viraat. He served as Fleet Operations Officer of the Western Fleet.
- Vice Admiral Hari Kumar has undergone courses at the Naval War College, US, the Army War College, Mhow, and the Royal College of Defence Studies, UK.
- He has been decorated with the Param Vishist Seva Medal (PVSM), the Ati Vishist Seva Medal (AVSM) and Vishist Seva Medal(VSM).
Awards – Daily Current Affairs November 10
9. Union Ministry of Home Affairs has recognised the Bhattu Kalan Police Station in which state amongst the top three police stations in the country for the year 2021?
A) Uttar Pradesh
B) Madhya Pradesh
C) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: E) Haryana
- Union Ministry of Home Affairs has recognised the Bhattu Kalan Police Station in Haryana’s Fatehabad district amongst the top three police stations in the country for the year 2021.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs November 10
10. Which country launched ‘E-Amrit’, a web portal on electric vehicles (EVs), at the ongoing COP26 Summit in Glasgow, UK?
Answer: E) India
- India launched ‘E-Amrit’, a web portal on electric vehicles (EVs), at the ongoing COP26 Summit in Glasgow, UK.
- E-Amrit is a one-stop destination for all information on electric vehicles—busting myths around the adoption of EVs, their purchase, investment opportunities, policies, subsidies, etc.
- The portal has been developed and hosted by NITI Aayog under a collaborative knowledge exchange programme with the UK government and as part of the UK–India Joint Roadmap 2030, signed by the Prime Ministers of the two countries.
- E-Amrit intends to complement initiatives of the government on raising awareness on EVs and sensitizing consumers on the benefits of switching to electric vehicles.
- In the recent past, India has taken many initiatives to accelerate the decarbonisation of transport and adoption of electric mobility in the country.
- Schemes such as FAME and PLI are especially important in creating an ecosystem for the early adoption of EVs.
- NITI Aayog intends to add more features and introduce innovative tools to make the portal more interactive and user-friendly.
- The launch was attended by UK High-Level Climate Action Champion Nigel Topping and NITI Aayog Adviser Sudhendu Jyoti Sinha.
11. In reflection of their growing defence ties, India and which country sealed an agreement to jointly develop next-generation technologies and products such as drones, robotics, artificial intelligence and quantum computing?
Answer: C) Israel
- In reflection of their growing defence ties, India and Israel sealed an agreement to jointly develop next-generation technologies and products such as drones, robotics, artificial intelligence and quantum computing, officials said.
- The Bilateral Innovation Agreement (BIA) was firmed up between Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Israel’s Directorate of Defence Research and Development (DDR&D).
- The pact will provide for promoting innovation as well as research and development in startups and MSMEs to develop dual-use technologies, the officials said.
- The defence ministry described the BIA as a ”tangible demonstration” of the growing Indo–Israeli technological cooperation.
- The agreement was signed between DRDO Chairman G Satheesh Reddy and head of DDR&D Daniel Gold here.
- India is a major buyer of Israel’s military hardware.
- Israel has been supplying various weapon systems, missiles and unmanned aerial vehicles to India over the last few years but the transactions have largely remained behind the curtains.
12. Which country becomes the 101st member country of the International Solar Alliance?
Answer: B) USA
- In a big boost to accelerate global adoption of solar energy, John Kerry, U.S. Special Presidential Envoy for Climate announced at the UNFCCC COP26 that the United States of America (USA) has joined the International Solar Alliance (ISA) as a member country.
- U.S becomes the 101st country to sign the framework agreement of the ISA to catalyze global energy transition through a solar-led approach.
- Signing the framework agreement, U.S. Special Presidential Envoy for Climate John Kerry, said, “It has long been coming, and we are happy to join the International Solar Alliance, which Prime Minister Narendra Modi took the lead in making.
- We worked out the details and this is a process we are pleased to be a part of.
This will be an important contribution to more rapid deployment of solar globally.
It will be particularly important for developing countries.”
- The launch of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) was announced by H.E. Mr. Narendra Modi, the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India and H.E. Mr. Francois Hollande, former Hon’ble President of France on 30th November 2015, at the 21st session of United Nations Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP-21) in Paris, France.
Former UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon attended the launch, alongside the Heads of about 120 nations who affirmed their participation in the Alliance to dedicate efforts for promotion of solar energy.
- The framework was first circulated for countries’ support in 2016.
- The framework emphasizes delivering global relevance and local benefit to all countries through collaborations, with ISA’s key interventions focusing on readiness & enabling activities, risk mitigation & innovative financing instruments to facilitate the promotion and deployment of solar technologies in target markets.
- The approach and methods detailed in the framework have already delivered results, with ISA building a solar project pipeline of nearly 5 GW installed capacity.
- The approach detailed in this framework will culminate in a vision for interconnected global grids, which was formalized and jointly launched as the ‘Green Grids Initiative – One Sun One World One Grid’ (GGI-OSOWOG), during the World Leaders Summit of the COP26 in Glasgow on 2nd November 2021 by the UK Presidency of COP26 and India Presidency of International Solar Alliance (ISA).
About The International Solar Alliance:
- The ISA is an inter-governmental treaty-based international organization with a global mandate to catalyze global solar growth by helping to reduce the cost of financing and technology for solar.
- In fulfilling this mandate, the ISA is committed to establishing solar as a shared solution that simultaneously addresses climate, energy, and economic priorities across geographies, facilitating Energy Transition at a global level, Energy Security at national levels, while also ensuring Energy Access at the local level.
- The ISA is helping large nations scale global commitments, thereby serving the planet’s needs for reduced carbon emissions, while also helping economically more vulnerable nations establish a self-sustaining energy alternative that reduces trade dependency and drives job creation.
- Universal, affordable, and reliable last- mile electricity connectivity across socio-economic strata is a crucial pillar and targeted, tangible outcome of these combined efforts towards facilitating economic development and environmental impact.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs November 10
13. The government approved a __________ ‘committed price support’ to the Cotton Corporation of India (CCI) for seven cotton seasons from 2014-15 to 2020-21?
A) Rs 12,408.85 crore
B) Rs 13,408.85 crore
C) Rs 14,408.85 crore
D) Rs 15,408.85 crore
E) Rs 17,408.85 crore
Answer: E) Rs 17,408.85 crore
- The government approved a Rs 17,408.85 crore ‘committed price support’ to the Cotton Corporation of India (CCI) for seven cotton seasons from 2014-15 to 2020-21.
- The decision was taken at the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The CCEA has approved incurring expenditure for reimbursing losses under MSP operations for cotton during the cotton season (October-September) 2014-15 to 2020-21.
- The CCEA has given its approval for committed price support of Rs 17,408.85 crore to the CCI for the cotton seasons from 2014-15 to 2020-21 (up to September 30, 2021), an official release said.
- In order to safeguard the interests of the cotton farmers, the government said the CCI procured cotton in large quantity during 2014-15 to 2020-21 as cotton prices touched the MSP prices.
- The procurement of cotton at MSP helped stabilise the cotton prices and alleviate farmer’s distress.
- Briefing media on the Cabinet decisions, I&B Minister Anurag Thakur said the CCI and authorised agencies procured 123 lakh cotton bales in 2019-20 and 100 lakh bales in 2020-21.
- The annual production is estimated at 350-360 lakh bales.
- During cotton season 2020-21, area under cotton cultivation was 133 lakh hectares with estimated production of 360 lakh bales, which accounted for around 25 per cent of total global cotton production.
- The government fixes the MSP for seed cotton (kapas) on the basis of the recommendations of CACP.
- In another decision, the Cabinet approved reservation norms for Jute Packaging Materials for Jute Year 2021-22.
- As per the reservation norms, Thakur said, 100 per cent foodgrains and 20 per cent of sugar will be packed in jute bags during Jute Year 2021-22 under JPM Act, 1987.
- The decision is likely to bring relief to 3,70,000 workers employed in jute mills and ancillary units.
14. Which state became 1st Indian state to approve Tissue Culture-Based Seed Potato Rules?
A) Uttar Pradesh
B) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: C) Punjab
- The centre would further help in achieving the target of agriculture diversification of the state government by increasing the potato acreage with the production of 4 LMT of potato from 1 lakh hectare, the cabinet said.
- With this decision, Punjab has become the first state in the country to have the facility of tissue culture-based certification, which would further lead to developing the Jalandhar-Kapurthala belt as the export hub of potato.
- Meanwhile, the Cabinet also approved to introduce the ‘Punjab Horticulture Nursery Bill-2021’ in Vidhan Sabha Session by amending ‘Punjab Fruit Nursery Act-1961’.
15. Which state inaugurates 31st edition of “Hunar Haat”, the “Kumbh of Kaushal Kuber” and “Braj Raj Utsav” in Vrindavan?
A) Uttar Pradesh
B) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Uttar Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Shri Yogi Adityanath inaugurated the 31st edition of “Hunar Haat”, the “Kumbh of Kaushal Kuber” and “Braj Raj Utsav” in Vrindavan and said that the artisans and craftsmen of “Hunar Haat” are strengthening Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s vision of “Aatmanirbhar Bharat”.
- After the inauguration, Shri Yogi Adityanath said that along with “Braj Raj Utsav”, the talent of the country has also been given a platform by the Union Ministry of Minority Affairs.
- He said that talent is not restricted to any caste, creed or religion.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi had given us some “mantras” during the Corona period.
- Shri Modi worked with a resolve to save the life and livelihood of every needy and gave the slogan of “Aatmanirbhar Bharat” (Self-reliant India).
- The Chief Minister said that the artisans and craftsmen of “Hunar Haat” are strengthening the vision of “Aatmanirbhar Bharat”. Our India is rich in handicrafts and craftsmanship.
- The handicrafts and craftsmanship of India is centuries’ old.
- The artisans and craftsmen of “Hunar Haat” have presented this art and craft to the people from generation to generation.
- This art and craft should be respected, this art should be made more inclusive.
- Besides “Vishwakarma Vatika”, “Circus” will also be displayed at the “Hunar Haat”, being organised at Kumbh Mela Ground, Vrindavan, Mathura from 10th to 19th November, where the Indian Circus artists will perform spectacular diverse traditional entertainment shows.
- About 400 artisans, craftsmen and culinary experts are participating in ‘Hunar Haat” in “Braj Raj Utsav”.
- Artisans and craftsmen from more than 30 States and Union Territories including Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Delhi, Nagaland, Madhya Pradesh, Manipur, Bihar, Andhra Pradesh, Jharkhand, Goa, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Ladakh, Karnataka, Gujarat, Haryana, Jammu-Kashmir, West Bengal, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Tamil Nadu and Kerala have brought their indigenous products made with wood, brass, bamboo, glass, cloth, paper, clay etc.
- Traditional vegetarian foods from various parts of the country are also available in the “Hunar Haat”.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance