Daily Current Affairs November 01
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs November 01. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
November 01 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs November 01
1. World Vegan Day is observed on which date?
A) November 1
B) November 2
C) November 3
D) November 6
E) November 5
Answer: A) November 1
- It is a day to celebrate the custom of embracing an all-green diet that excludes dairy and animal products.
- People are encouraged to adopt a vegan lifestyle on World Vegan Day.
- According to some notable vegans, the vegan lifestyle enhances human health, protects the well-being of animals, and aids in environmental protection.
- The year 2021 will mark the 77 years of World Vegan Day.
Difference between Vegan and Vegetarian:
- Vegetarians are people who do not consume meat, eggs, or other animal products.
- Vegan, on the other hand, are vegetarians who do not consume dairy products such as milk, cheese, yogurt, paneer, and so on.
Formation day celebrated States – November 1
- Kerala celebrates its founding day as Kerala Piravi Day.
- It was formed on November 1, 1956, long after the Independence of the country.
- Before this, Kerala was part of three major provinces and several outlying regions under various rulers.
- Situated in the heart of the country, Madhya Pradesh was formed in 1956.
- Before this, Bhopal, presently the capital of MP, was a separate state.
- It evolved out of the princely state of Bhopal. Later, the government merged Bhopal with the neighbouring states and formed the state, now known as Madhya Pradesh.
- The state celebrates its formation day as ‘Chhattisgarh Rajyotsava.’
- Chhattisgarh was carved out of Madhya Pradesh and was declared an independent state by the government in 2000.
- On November 1 in 1956, the government merged all the Kannada language-speaking regions of south and western India to form the present state of Karnataka.
- It was initially called Mysore but was renamed ‘Karnataka’ in 1973.
- The state which shares a border with the national capital was constituted in 1966.
- It was a result of the division of the former state of Punjab into two separate states—Punjabi-speaking Punjab and Hindi-speaking Haryana.
- Andhra Pradesh celebrated its Formation day, with Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy hoisting the National Flag at his official residence at Tadepalli here.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs November 01
2. Indian Railways Delhi clinched the title of 38th Indian Oil Servo Surjit Hockey Tournament by beating _____?
A) Federal Bank Delhi
B) DCB Bank Delhi
C) Punjab & Sind bank Delhi
D) IDFC FIRST Bank Delhi
E) HDFC Bank Delhi
Answer: C) Punjab & Sind bank Delhi
- Indian Railways Delhi clinched the title of 38th Indian Oil Servo Surjit Hockey Tournament by beating Punjab & Sind bank Delhi by 3-1 in the final of the tournament that played at the Army’s Katoch Astroturf Hockey Stadium Jalandhar Cantonment.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs November 01
3. MakeMyTrip India and which company announced a long-term partnership to offer travel services, including flights, hotels and bus bookings, to the latter’s customers?
D) Amazon Pay
Answer: D) Amazon Pay
4. India and World Bank sign ____________ health project for state of Meghalaya?
A) $40 million
B) $50 million
C) $10 million
D) $20 million
E) $30 million
Answer: A) $40 million
- The government of India, the Government of Meghalaya and the World Bank signed a $40 million health project for the state of Meghalaya on 28th October 2021.
- The project will improve the quality of health services and strengthen the state’s capacity to handle future health emergencies, including the COVID-19 pandemic.
ADB approves Rs 458 Cr loan for development of Agartala:
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a loan of Rs 458 Cr (approx) to improve livability, harness technology, and promote new developments to accommodate the expanding population of Agartala city.
- The officials here said that ADB has found Agartala is one of the fastest growing cities in India and strategically located along Bangladesh–Bhutan–India–Nepal economic corridor, which has potential to become an economic–commercial hub for Northeast.
- However, the city suffers from poor infrastructure such as inadequate storm-water drainage, wastewater, and road networks.
5. Which bank has been empaneled by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to act as an agency bank to facilitate transactions related to government businesses?
A) Federal Bank
B) DCB Bank
C) DBS Bank India
D) Bandhan Bank
E) HDFC Bank
Answer: D) Bandhan Bank
- Bandhan Bank said that it has been empaneled by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to act as an agency bank to facilitate transactions related to government businesses.
- The RBI’s decision will help Bandhan Bank in contributing to nation-building, its MD and CEO Chandra Sekhar Ghosh said.
- The announcement comes months after an RBI guideline that authorised scheduled private sector banks as agency banks of the regulator for the conduct of government business.
6. Which bank signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Indian Navy, offering a defence service salary package?
A) Federal Bank
B) DCB Bank
C) DBS Bank India
D) Axis Bank
E) HDFC Bank
Answer: D) Axis Bank
- The benefits include a personal accidental cover of up to ₹56 lakh to all navy personnel, veterans and cadets; additional up to ₹8 lakh children education grant; total permanent disability cover benefit up to ₹46 lakh; partial permanent disability cover of up to ₹46 lakh; air accident cover of ₹1 crore.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs November 04
7. The gross GST revenue collected in the month of October is one lakh 30 thousand 127 crore rupees The revenues for the month of October this year are ____ per cent higher than the GST revenues in the same month last year?
Answer: C) 24
FASTag toll collection reaches record Rs 3,356 crore in October:
- Toll collection through FASTag recorded an all-time high of 214.23 million (about 21.42 crore) transactions in October worth Rs 3,356 crore, indicating higher economic and transport-related activities, particularly during the festive season.
- According to the government data, toll collection through FASTag recorded 193.6 million transactions amounting to Rs 3,000 crore in September, while in August, it had recorded 201.2 million transactions worth 3,076.56 crore.
- Also, the toll collection through FASTag recorded an all-time high of 122.81 crore.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs November 01
8. Pavan Kapoor has been appointed as the country’s next ambassador to which country?
E) The Philippines
Answer: D) Russia
- Kapoor — an Indian Foreign Service officer of the 1990 batch — is expected to take up the assignment shortly, the release added.
- Kapoor has served in different capacities in the Indian Missions in Kyiv, London and Geneva.
Sunjay Sudhir appointed India’s ambassador to UAE:
- Sudhir, a 1993-batch officer of the Indian Foreign Service, succeeds Pawan Kapoor, who has been named India’s envoy to Russia.
- In another diplomatic reshuffle, Dinesh K Patnaik, a 1990-batch IFS officer who is presently Director General, Indian Council for Cultural Relations, was appointed as India’s next Ambassador to Spain.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs November 01
9. Aditya Narayan awarded with honorary doctorate for Nelson Mandela Nobel Peace Award. He was related to which field?
B) Ayurveda practitioner
Answer: E) Singer
- Singer Aditya Narayan has been awarded an honorary doctorate in playback singing and acting for the Nelson Mandela Nobel Peace Award.
- Taking to his Instagram handle, Aditya posted pictures from the ceremony, showcasing his certificate.
- Aditya is the son of playback singer Udit Narayan and Deepa Narayan.
- He is known for hosting reality shows like ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa’, ‘Rising Star 3’ and ‘Entertainment Ki Raat.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs November 01
10. Which country launched an online dashboard – the ‘Climate Equity Monitor’ to assess equity in climate action, inequalities in emissions besides energy and resource consumption across the world?
Answer: C) India
- As world leaders prepared to gather for the UN climate change conference, COP26, in Glasgow in the UK, India launched an online dashboard – the ‘Climate Equity Monitor’ to assess equity in climate action, inequalities in emissions besides energy and resource consumption across the world.
- The “Climate Equity Monitor” also tracks the climate policies of several countries from the perspective of developing countries.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs November 01
11. National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) has signed an MoU with the which state government to manage Varanasi Milk Union for five years?
C) Uttar Pradesh
D) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer: C) Uttar Pradesh
- The state government had requested NDDB to manage Varanasi Milk Union for five years.
- ”NDDB has accepted the request of strengthening the state’s dairy cooperative business.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to this effect was signed between Govt of Uttar Pradesh, Pradeshik Cooperative Dairy Federation Ltd (PCDF), Varanasi Milk Union and NDDB during a virtual ceremony on 1st November 2021,” the board said in a statement.
12. IOC to set up India’s first mega-scale Maleic Anhydride Plant at which state?
Answer: D) Haryana
- State-owned Indian Oil Corp (IOC) said it will invest Rs 3,681 crore in setting up India’s first mega-scale Maleic Anhydride Plant to manufacture value-added chemical products at its Panipat refinery and petroleum complex (PRPC) in Haryana.
- The project will be commissioned in 54 months from stage-1 investment approval, it said in a statement.
- The project is proposed to have a capacity of 120,000 tonnes per annum of Maleic Anhydride (MAH) that is used to make specialty products like polyester resins and surface coatings plasticisers, agrochemicals and lubricant additives.
13. Which state announces ‘Mission Clean’ to curb sand mining, liquor, drug trade?
Answer: B) Punjab
- Punjab Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi announced ‘Mission Clean’ in a meeting held with all the Deputy Commissioners and the Senior Superintendents of Police (SSPs) of the state.
- During the meeting, Singh directed officials to adopt a ‘zero tolerance’ policy against corruption and take strict action against the sand, drug and liquor mafia.
14. Who inaugurates 4.18 km long elevated corridor in Gujarat’s Ahmedabad?
A) Amit Shah
B) Narendra Modi
C) Smriti Irani
D) Nirmala Sitharaman
E) Subhas Sarkar
Answer: A) Amit Shah
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated 4.18 kilometres long elevated corridor from Gota Flyover to Science City Box in Ahmedabad city of Gujarat.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel was also present on the occasion.
- Shah also addressed the ‘Rashtriya Ekta Divas’ (National Unity Day) programme at Kevadia in Gujarat’s Narmada district on the occasion of the 146th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
15. Which state launches e-Sarkar app on pilot basis for paperless administration?
Answer: B) Gujarat
- The e-Sarkar app will be launched full scale on December 25 when the country celebrates Good Governance Day, (coinciding with the birth anniversary of former Prime Minister late Atal Bihari Vajpayee), he said.
- The pilot project of the e-Sarkar application was launched on Sunday, to mark Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s birth anniversary, and it will make the existing system completely paperless for quick and easy administration, the minister told reporters.
16. Who inaugurates ‘Ganga Utsav 2021 – The River Festival’?
A) Amit Shah
B) Dharmendra Pradhan
C) Smriti Irani
D) Nirmala Sitharaman
E) Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
Answer: E) Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
- The much-awaited Ganga Utsav 2021 – The River Festival will not only celebrate the glory of river Ganga but all the rivers of the country.
- Taking inspiration from the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s call for ‘Nadi Utsav’ i.e. celebrating rivers, the aim is to take Ganga Utsav to all the river basins in India.
- Continuous Learning and Activity Portal (CLAP) developed by NMCG in association with Tree Craze Foundation was launched.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance Business and Economy
Business and Economy