Daily Current Affairs May 14
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs May 14. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
May 14| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs May 14
1. World Migratory Bird Day is observed on?
A) May 13
B) May 11
C) May 9
D) May 14
E) May 10
Answer: D) May 14
- World Migratory Bird Day (WMBD) is a global campaign that emphasises the importance of migratory bird conservation and habitat preservation.
- We commemorate this day on the second Saturday in May and the second Saturday in October.
- This year, World Migratory Bird Day is on May 14, with October 8 being the second time.
The day began in 2006 when the United Nations (UN) decided to raise awareness of migratory birds’ connections between regions worldwide.
- Since then, the event has been held and attended by a total of 118 countries.
- “Impact of Light Pollution on Migratory Birds”
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs May 14
2. Which of the following Bank launched online platform ‘Trade nxt’ for export-import transactions?
A) State Bank of India
B) Union Bank of India
C) Axis Bank
D) Indian Overseas Bank
E) Bank of Baroda
Answer: B) Union Bank of India
- Union Bank of India (UBI) has launched a digital solution, ‘Trade nxt’, to enable corporates as well as MSMEs to transact all cross-border export-import transactions.
- The online platform offers seamless entry and processing of letters of credit (LC), bank guarantees, export and import bills, disbursement of export credit, outward & inward remittances, dealer financing, and much more.
- It offers an array of services in one place, which eliminates the need for companies to visit a bank branch to initiate a trade transaction and ensures better governance with enhanced security and controls.
- ‘Trade nxt’ platform will also enable the regulatory online auto reporting through Import Data Processing & Monitoring System (IDPMS), Export Data processing & Monitoring System (EDPMS), and other statutory reporting pertaining to ODI/ FDI/ LRS transactions.
3. RBI imposedhow many lakh penalty on KEB Hana Bank?
A) Rs 55 lakh
B) Rs 56 lakh
C) Rs 59 lakh
D) Rs 57 lakh
E) Rs 58 lakh
Answer: C) Rs 59 lakh
- RBI has imposed a penalty of Rs 59 lakh on KEB Hana Bank for non-compliance with the certain norms related to ‘interest rate on deposits’.
- The Korean bank has been penalised for non-compliance with the directions issued by RBI on “Reserve Bank of India (Interest Rate on Deposits) Directions, 2016”.
- The statutory inspection for supervisory evaluation of KEB Hana Bank was conducted by RBI with reference to its financial position.
4. RBI restricted withdrawals from Shankarrao Pujari Nutan Nagari Sahakari Bank, it is located in which state?
C) Madhya Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A) Maharashtra
- The RBI imposed several restrictions on Shankarrao Pujari NutanNagariSahakari Bank Limited, Ichalkaranji, Kolhapur, including on withdrawals, in view of the lender’s worsening financial position.
- However, 99.84 per cent of the depositors are fully covered by the DICGC insurance scheme.
- Under the Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC) insurance scheme, deposits of up to Rs 5 lakh are insured.
- The restrictions will remain in force for a period of six months from the close of business on May 13, 2022 and are subject to review.
- Considering the Bank’s present liquidity position, no amount from the total balance across all savings bank or current accounts or any other account of a depositor, may be allowed to be withdrawn, but are allowed to set off loans against deposits subject to the conditions.
- The issuance of the directions should not per se be construed as cancellation of the banking licence by RBI.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs May 14
5. Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan became president of which of the following country?
C) Saudi Arabia
Answer: E) UAE
- Rulers in the United Arab Emirates announced they unanimously appointed Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan as the president of this hereditarily ruled nation on the Arabian Peninsula.
- The state-run WAM news agency said the rulers of the country’s seven sheikhdoms made the decision at a meeting held in Al Mushrif Palace in Abu Dhabi.
- It comes after the late President Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan died Friday at age 73.
6. Who among the following elected as CII President?
A) Rajiv Ranjan
C) Sanjiv Bajaj
D) TV Narendran
Answer: C) Sanjiv Bajaj
- The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has a new President in Sanjiv Bajaj for 2022-23, who is Chairman and Managing Director of Bajaj Finserv.
- He takes over from TV Narendran, CEO & Managing Director, Tata Steel Limited.
7. Who among the following will look after monetary policy department?
A) Rajiv Ranjan
C) Sanjiv Bajaj
D) TV Narendran
Answer: A) Rajiv Ranjan
- The Reserve Bank said Sitikantha Pattanaik and Rajiv Ranjan have been appointed as executive directors with effect from May 1.
- Ranjan will also serve as an ex-officio member of the rate-setting panel Monetary Policy Committee (MPC).
- Prior to being promoted as ED, Pattanaik was an Adviser in the Department of Economic and Policy Research (DEPR), while Ranjan was serving as Adviser-in-Charge of Monetary Policy Department and Secretary to the MPC.
- Executive Director (ED), Pattanaik will look after the Department of Economic and Policy Research, while Ranjan will take care of the Monetary Policy Department.
8. ManikSaha to be new CM of which of the following state?
Answer: E) Tripura
- Manik Saha is the new Chief Minister of Tripura.
- Biplab Kumar Deb resigned from his post.
- Saha is the Rajya Sabha MP and state president of BJP’s Tripura unit.
- A dentist by profession, Saha joined BJP in the year 2016.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs May 14
9. ISRO successfully carried out static test of Gaganyaan rocket’s booster in which of the following state?
D) Andra Pradesh
Answer: D) Andra Pradesh
- The Indian Space Research Organisation successfully completed the static test of a human-rated solid rocket booster (HS200) for the Gaganyaanprogramme at Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh.
- The HS200 is the human-rated version of the S200 rocket booster of satellite launch vehicle GSLV Mk III, popularly known as LVM3, the Bengaluru-headquartered space agency.
10. SpaceX launchedStarlink satellites from California it carried how many satellites?
Answer: B) 53
- A SpaceX rocket carried 53 satellites for the Starlink internet constellation into orbit after blasting off from California.
- The Falcon 9 booster lifted off from the Vandenberg Space Force Base at 3:07 pm and minutes later, the first stage landed on a droneship in the Pacific Ocean while the second stage continued toward low Earth orbit.
- California-based SpaceX has hundreds of Starlink satellites orbiting Earth at an altitude of 340 miles (550 kilometres).
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs May 14
11. Army to establish coaching centre in which of the following state for underprivileged students?
Answer: E) Manipur
- Indian Army signed a Memorandum of Understanding to establish Centre for Excellence and wellness for coaching and making underprivileged students of Manipur eligible for admission to the best colleges and universities in India.
- Continuing sustained initiative to secure a better future for the youth of Manipur by the Indian Army, Red Shield Division under the aegis of Spear Corps has signed a Tripartite MoU with corporate partner State Bank of India Foundation (SBIF) and training partner National Integrity and Educational Development Organization (NIEDO).
- To raise the Centre named the “Red Shield Centre for Excellence and Wellness” and it will be located in Bishnupur district of Manipur.
- The project is expected to be fully functional for the first batch of fifty students by the first week of July 2022.
12. Which of the following department Launched “GatiShakti Sanchar” Portal for Centralised Right of Way (RoW)?
A) Department of Telecommunication
B) Department of Commerce
C) Department of Economic Affairs
D) Department of Expenditure
E) Department of Home
Answer: A) Department of Telecommunication
- Universal and equitable access to Broadband services across the country, especially in the rural areas- is one of the most important visions of Shri Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India.
- In line with the PM GatiShakti National Master Plan, Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, Union Minister for Communications, Electronics & IT and Railways, has launched the “GatiShakti Sanchar” portal for Centralised Right of Way (RoW) approvals
National Broadband Mission (NBM) was set up by the Department of Telecommunication (DoT) on December 17, 2019; to facilitate universal and equitable access to broadband services across the country, especially in rural and remote areas.
- To fulfil this vision, it is imperative that a backbone of infrastructure is created by facilitating smooth and efficient deployment of Digital Communications Infrastructure across the country.
- To ensure that, DoT, is launching the “GatiShakti Sanchar” portal.
- This will provide a robust mechanism to achieve the goal of “Broadband for All” as envisaged in the National Digital Communication Policy-2.
13. PM Narendra Modi launched new start-up policy of which of the following state government?
B) Uttar Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: C) Madhya Pradesh
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Madhya Pradesh government’s Start-Up Policy 2022 and a start-up portal through video link in the presence of young entrepreneurs here.
- Under the new policy, start-ups would get subsidies towards rent and salaries of employees.
- Modi also interacted with a few entrepreneurs on this occasion to learn about their start-ups, and advised them about how they could benefit people.
- In 2014, there were 300 to 400 start-ups in the country, but in eight years their number rose and now there are 70,000 recognised start-ups.
14. Union Ministry for Water Resources released how many crores from the Flood Control Fund for Assam?
A) Rs.145 crores
B) Rs.130 crores
C) Rs.135 crores
D) Rs.125 crores
E) Rs.120 crores
Answer: D) Rs.125 crores
- Union Ministry for Water Resources released Rs.125 crores from the Flood Control Fund to Assam for the current fiscal.
- Assam Minister for Water Resources, Government of Assam, Pijush Hazarika met Union Minister of Jal Shakti Gajendra Singh Shekhawat in New Delhi and thanked him for releasing Rs.125 crores from the Flood Control Fund to the state for the current fiscal.
- Flood Control Fund for the current financial year, which had been lying closed since 2016 due to various anomalies between 2011 and 2016.
15. Which of the following state will develop ‘NiryaatSaarthi App’ for all export related info?
C) Madhya Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: D) Uttar Pradesh
- In order to strengthen the export facilitation mechanism, on the lines of UdyamSaarthi App, the Yogi Adityanath government in Uttar Pradesh will be soon developing the ‘NiryaatSarathi App’ which will provide every information related to export of goods at one click.
- The NiryaatSaarthi app will be a high-tech one-click solution to get all information related to the export of goods.
- It will be an efficient platform for sellers to conduct business smoothly.
- The app will sensitise and create awareness among the exporters of the state.
- The government is also planning to simplify all export-related schemes so as to benefit the exporters in the state.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Science and Technology