Daily Current Affairs June 12
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs June 12. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
June 12| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs June 12
1. NCPCR to celebrate elimination of child labour week during which date?
A) 12th To 20th June
B) 14th To 20th June
C) 15th To 20th June
D) 11th To 20th June
E) 10th To 20th June
Answer: A) 12th To 20th June
- National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) had celebrated Elimination of Child Labour Week in the honour of World Day Against Child Labour in the 75 places as part of the “75th anniversary celebrations of India’s independence–Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav” in different districts starting from 12th June to 20thJune, 2022 as a significance to pay attention to the problem of child labour and to find ways to eradicate it.
- National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) has been constituted by the Government of India, as a statutory body under section 3 of the Commissions for Protection of Child Rights (CPCR) Act, 2005 for dealing with the protection of child rights and related matters.
- Under section 13(1) of the Commissions for Protection of Child Rights (CPCR) Act, 2005, had provided certain functions to ensure that the rights of children are protected especially the most vulnerable and marginalized.
- In addition, the Commission has also been mandated to monitor the implementation of the Juvenile Justice (Care & Protection of Children) Act, 2015, Right of Children to Free & Compulsory Education (RTE) Act, 2009 and Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs June 12
2. Akansha Kishor Vyavhare and Vijay Prajapati are related to which sports?
Answer: A) Weightlifting
- India’s Akansha Kishor Vyavhare won the silver medal in the 40kg category while Vijay Prajapati finished second in 49kg in the 2022 IWF Youth World Weightlifting Championships for men and women in Leon, Mexico.
- Akansha lifted a total of 127kg (59kg + 68kg), while Vijay managed to lift 175kg (78kg + 97kg).
- Akansha is a trainee of SAI National Centre of Excellence, Aurangabad and Vijay is a trainee of NCOE Patiala.
3. Indian women’s team loses 1-2 to which country in FIH Hockey Pro League?
Answer: D) Belgium
- The Indian Women’s Hockey Team lost to host Belgium by a margin of 1-2 in their first of the two-legged FIH Hockey Pro League 2021/22 tie at Sportcentrum Wilrijkse Plein in Antwerp.
- Captain Barbara Nelen (3′) and Amre Ballenghien (35′) were the goalscorers for Belgium, while Lalremsiami (48′) scored the lone goal for India.
- .India went on to pile constant pressure on Belgium in their bid to score an equaliser in the closing stages of the match, but the home side kept the Indians at bay and sealed a 2-1 victory.
4. Chateauroux 2022 World Cup was held in which place?
Answer: B) France
- Young Paralympic champion Avani Lekhara continued her rich vein of form to clinch her second gold medal at the ongoing Chateauroux 2022 World Shooting Para Sport World Cup in France.
- Lekhara shot 458.3 in the R8 – Women’s 50m Rifle 3 Positions SH1 finals to take the gold ahead of experienced Paralympic stars Veronica Vadovicova (456.6) of Slovakia and Sweden’s Anna Normann (441.9). Vadovicova and Normann took the silver and bronze respectively.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs June 12
5. Which payment app launched cash withdrawal facility across all ATMs via e-wallet?
D) Google Pay
Answer: B) Omnicard
- Payment solution provider OmniCard said it had launched cash withdrawal facility from any ATM through their e-wallet.
- The company claimed that it has recently become the first RBI licensed PPI (prepaid instruments) to launch cash withdrawal using a RuPay-powered card from any ATMs across the country.
- OmniCard users can withdraw cash from any ATM at their convenience with full security from frauds like card theft, and card cloning, as the withdrawal facility comes with high safety and secure features and protects the user from exposing their money and bank account details,” the company said in a statement.
- OmniCard provides users a complete mobile first journey where the users can create a Rupay powered digital card in a few seconds, order their physical personalised card and pay using UPI QR codes across merchants.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs June 12
6. Who has been appointed as the new MD and CEO of RBL Bank?
A) P R Hari
C) Manoj Jain
D) N J Ojha
E) R Subramaniakumar
Answer: E) R Subramaniakumar
- Private sector lender RBL Bank announced the appointment of veteran banker R Subramaniakumar as its new managing director and chief executive officer (CEO).
- The Reserve Bank of IndiB vide its communication dated June 10, 2022, had approved the appointment of R Subramaniakumar as Managing Director & CEO of the Bank for a period of three years with effect from date of his taking charge, RBL Bank said in a regulatory filing to the stock exchanges.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs June 12
7. IAF plans to build how many fighter jets in India under Rs 1.5 lakh cr for 114 combat aircraft?
Answer: A) 96
- Ajit K Dubey Amid a big push for the Aatmanirbhar Bharat scheme by the PM Narendra Modi-led government, the Indian Air Force is planning to acquire 114 fighter jets of which 96 would be built in India, and rest 18 would be imported from the foreign vendor chosen for the project.
- The Indian Air Force has plans of acquiring 114 Multirole Fighter Aircraft (MRFA) under ‘Buy Global and Make in India’ scheme under which Indian companies would be allowed to partner with a foreign vendor.
- The force has already placed orders for 83 of the LCA Mk 1A aircraft but it still requires a higher number of capable aircraft as a large number of MiG series planes have either been phased out or are on their last legs.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 12
8. India and Bangladesh jointly celebratedthe birth anniversary of which persons?
A) Rabindranath Tagore
B) Kazi Nazrul Islam
C) Only A
D) Only B
E) Both C and D
Answer: E) Both C and D
- The poetry and music of Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore and Bangladesh’s national poet Kazi Nazrul Islam resonated the Indian embassy here as fans and followers of the renowned poets celebrated their works at a joint get-together organised by the missions of both the countries.
- A large number of people attended the “Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti” event organised to celebrate the 161st birth anniversary of Tagore and 123rd birth anniversary of Nazrul, the two most versatile and great Bengali poets who left their mark on the national and international arena with their poetry and music.
- Diplomats, members of the diaspora of both the countries as well as Chinese admirers of Tagore recited the inspirational poetry of Tagore and Nazrul, while accomplished Kathak and Bharatanatyam dancers made specially choreographed presentations.
- Gurudev Tagore and Kazi Nazrul Islam are among the ‘Panchokobi’, the five greats in Bengali literature, who have played a very influential role not only in shaping Bangla literature and culture, but also our national identities.
- This is best reflected in the simplest fact that Gurudev Tagore penned the national anthems (Jana Gana Mana and Amar Shonar Bangla) for our two countries.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs June 12
9. UDAN scheme under the Ministry of Civil Aviation marks its ——– anniversary on 12th June 2022?
Answer: D) 5th
- The scheme has made short commutes via flight accessible to over 92 lakh people.
- Ude Desh ka Aam Naagrik (UDAN) (let the country’s typical person fly), a dream project of the Central Government, is celebrating its fifth anniversary this year.
- The scheme’s take-off was slow but gained momentum even as newer airlines like Star Air started exploring this vast untapped market.
- Analysts say UDAN is a gamechanger in the aviation sector and has ensured that the ‘common man’ can commute between smaller cities in a short time, which otherwise would take hours, at an affordable cost.
- As of March 21, 2022, the total receipt/collection in the Regional Air Connectivity Fund Trust was ₹2,459 crore, and viability gap funding disbursed to the selected airline operator under UDAN was ₹1,784 crore, according to the Minister of State in the Ministry of Civil Aviation VK Singh.
- 415 UDAN routes connect 66 underserved/unserved airports, including heliports and water aerodromes, while over 92 lakh people have benefited from the scheme.
- The scheme has so far resulted in more than 1.79 lakh flights.
10. Which state government had announced helpline to prevent child labour?
A) Andhra Pradesh
D) Tamil Nadu
Answer: B) Maharashtra
- Maharashtra Labour Minister Hasan Mushrif appealed to people to dial 1098 to prevent child labour.
- Child labour is a very unfortunate practice in the society. We need everyone’s support to end the child labour
- People should dial 1098 helpline and inform us.
- He said the name of the informant will be kept secret.
- ”If children under 14 years found working instead of going to the school, people should intimate us using the helpline.
- The government will provide such children free education.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance