Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
July 6 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Table of Contents
1. World Zoonoses Day is observed on which date?
A) July 2
B) July 3
C) July 4
D) July 6
E) July 1
Answer: D) July 6
- World Zoonoses Day is observed every year on July 6 to commemorate the first vaccination administered against a zoonotic disease like Ebola, Avian influenza, and West Nile virus.
- Zoonosis is an infectious disease that spread from non-human animals to humans.
- Zoonotic pathogens can be bacterial, viral, or parasitic which can spread to humans through direct contact or through food, water, or the environment.
- For example, Coronavirus spread from bats to humans, and we already have witnessed how it can create a major public health problem around the world.
2. AFC Women’s Asian Cup 2022 to be staged in which place?
A) Only 2 & 3
B) Only 1& 2
C) Only 3
D) Only 2
E) Only 1
Answer: A) Only 2 & 3
- The 37,900-capacity DY Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai will remain as one of the three stadiums that will stage the AFC Women’s Asian Cup India 2022 which is on schedule to take place from January 20 to February 6, 2022.
3. Richard Donner passed away. He was related to which field?
Answer: B) Director
BANKING AND FINANCE
4. NHB imposes how much amount fine on HDFC for technical non-compliance?
A) Rs 3.75 lakh
B) Rs 1.75 lakh
C) Rs 2.75 lakh
D) Rs 5.75 lakh
E) Rs 4.75 lakh
Answer: E) Rs 4.75 lakh
5. Which payment platform has partnered with Mastercard to launch ‘MandateHQ’ – a payment interface that will help card-issuing banks to enable recurring payments for its customers?
B) Google Pay
Answer: A) Razorpay
- Razorpa Payments solution provider Razorpay said it has partnered with Mastercard to launch ‘MandateHQ’ – a payment interface that will help card-issuing banks to enable recurring payments for its customers.
- Razorpay, which is backed by Sequoia Capital, GIC, and others, aims to integrate MandateHQ with more than 50 banks in the next 12 months.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) had issued a framework for processing e-mandates on recurring online transactions.
- It has made AFA (Additional Factor of Authentication) mandatory for all recurring transactions below ₹5,000 on debit cards, credit cards, UPI, and other Prepaid Payment Instruments (PPIs), and all stakeholders are required to ensure full compliance with the framework by September 30, 2021.
6. Which Bank has partnered with Creditas Solutions to offer a guided and customized debt management solution for its loan and credit card customers?
A) Kotak Mahindra Bank
B) DBS Bank India
C) HDFC Bank
D) ICICI Bank
E) SBM Bank India
Answer: C) HDFC Bank
- With covid-19 still gripping the country and posing enormous repayment challenges for consumers, the platform comes armed with ready-to-deploy solutions addressing a number of challenges faced by users while managing their credit card and loan payments.
|Hari Babu Kambhampati||Himachal Pradesh|
|Mangubhai Chaganbhai Patel||Madhya Pradesh|
|Rajendran Vishwanath Arlekar||Mizoram|
|Hari Babu Kambhampati||Mizoram|
|Mangubhai Chaganbhai Patel||Madhya Pradesh|
|Rajendran Vishwanath Arlekar||Himachal Pradesh|
|State||New Governor Name||Old Governor Name|
|Karnataka||Thaawarchand Gehlot||Vajubhai Vala|
|Mizoram||Hari Babu Kambhampati||P S Sreedharan Pillai|
|Madhya Pradesh||Mangubhai Chaganbhai Patel||Anandiben Patel|
|Himachal Pradesh||Rajendran Vishwanath Arlekar||Bandaru Dattatreya|
|Jharkhand||Ramesh Bais||Draupadi Murmu|
|Goa||PS Sreedharan Pillai||Bhagat singh koshyari|
|Tripura||Satyadev Narayan Arya||Ramesh Bais|
|Haryana||Bandaru Dattatraya||Satyadev Narayan Arya|
- A head of much-anticipated Cabinet reshuffle, Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Thawarchand Gehlot has been appointed as Governor of Karnataka.
- In a major reshuffle, President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed new governors in eight states, said an official release from Rashtrapati Bhavan.
8. Sukhvir Singh Sandhu is appointed as the new Chief Secretary of which state?
Answer: C) Uttarakhand
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
9. Grene Roboticshas developed an indigenous autonomous drone defence dome called Indrajaal. Grene Roboticshas is related to which state?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Telangana
- Indrajaal is capable of protecting a large area of 1,000-2,000 sq km per system against threats such as Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), incoming weapons (missiles), loitering munitions and Low-Radar Cross Section (low flying) targets autonomously.
10. Which organisation has initiated a project on Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC)?
Answer: A) DPIIT
- The government has set up a nine-member advisory council, including Nandan Nilekani from Infosys and National Health Authority CEO R S Sharma, on steps required to design and accelerate adoption of open network for digital commerce (ONDC).
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) in an order said it has initiated a project on ONDC and the task has been assigned to Quality Council of India.
- The other members of the council are QCI Chairman Adil Zainulbhai, Avaana Capital Founder Anjali Bansal, Digital India Foundation Co-Founder Arvind Gupta, National Payments Corporation India CEO Dilip Asbe, National Security Depository MD Suresh Sethi, CAIT Secretary General P Khandelwal, and Retailers Association of India CEO Kumar Rajagopalan.
11. Which state/UT launches financial assistance scheme named ‘Mukhyamantri COVID-19 Pariwar Aarthik Sahayata Yojana’ for families of Covid victims?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Delhi
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal launched a scheme and an online portal to provide financial assistance to families who lost their loved ones to COVID-19.
- Under the ‘Mukhyamantri COVID-19 Pariwar Aarthik Sahayata Yojana’, Rs 50,000 ex gratia will be given to every family that lost a member to COVID-19 and an additional Rs 2,500 per month will be given if the deceased was the sole breadwinner.
- Children who lost their both parents or one parent to COVID-19 will also be provided Rs 2,500 per month till they turn 25 years old.
- The Delhi government will also provide free education to them.
12. Which exchange company has launched two sectoral indices — GUAREX and SOYDEX?
B) New York Stock Exchange
Answer: A) NCDEX
- The National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange (NCDEX) said it has launched two sectoral indices — GUAREX and SOYDEX.
- In the indices segment, we launched India’s first return-based agricultural futures index in agri-commodities.
- GUAREX and SOYDEX are also the country’s first sectoral indices in the agri-commodities space.
- GUAREX is a return-based index tracking the price movement in the futures contracts of its underlying, that is guar seed and guar gum refined splits on a real-time basis.
- Similarly, SOYDEX will follow the price changes in futures contracts of soybean and refined soy oil.
13. Who has become Brand Ambassador of Khadi Prakritik Paint?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Rajnath Singh
C) Kiren Rijiju
D) Nitin Gadkari
E) Narendra Singh Tomar
Answer: D) Nitin Gadkari
- Minister for Road Transport and Highways & MSME Shri Nitin Gadkari declared himself the “Brand Ambassador ” of Khadi Prakritk Paint and said he would promote it across the country so as to encourage young entrepreneurs to take up the manufacturing of cow dung paint.
- Virtually inaugurating the new automated manufacturing unit of Khadi Prakritik Paint, India’s first and only paint made from cow dung, in Jaipur the minister appreciated the technology innovation and said this would go a long way in empowering the rural and agro-based economy in the country.
- The new plant has been set up on the campus of Kumarappa National Handmade Paper Institute (KNHPI), Jaipur, which is a unit of Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC).
14. Which Ministry and Tribal Affairs Ministry signed a Joint Communication to provide more powers to tribal communities in managing the forest resources?
A) Ministry of Agriculture
B) Ministry of Finance
C) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
D) Ministry of Minority Affairs
E) Ministry of Women & Child Development
Answer: C) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
15. The gross GST revenue collected in the month of June is ______?
A) Rs 102,849 crore
B) Rs 112,849 crore
C) Rs 122,849 crore
D) Rs 132,849 crore
E) Rs 92,849 crore
Answer: E) Rs 92,849 crore
- The gross GST revenue collected in the month of June is Rs 92,849 crore.
- Out if this, CGST is Rs 16,424 crore, SGST is Rs 20,397 crore, IGST is Rs 49,079 crore and Cess is Rs 6,949 crore.
- The gross GST revenue includes GST collection from domestic transactions between 5th June to 5th July.
- Taxpayers were given various relief measures in the form of waiver and reduction in interest on delayed return filing for 15 days for June for the taxpayers with the aggregate turnover up to Rs 5 crore in the wake of second wave of COVID pandemic.
- During this month, the government has settled Rs 19,286 crore to CGST and Rs 16,939 crore to SGST from IGST as regular settlement.
16. Which Metro launched FASTag/UPI based cashless parking facility at the Kashmere Gate Metro Station?
A) Delhi Metro
B) Chennai Metro
C) Hyderabad Metro
D) Varanasi Metro
E) Kolkata Metro
Answer: A) Delhi Metro
17. Ramgarh Vishdhari Sanctuary in Bundi district into the fourth tiger reserve in the state. This sanctuary is related to which state?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: E) Rajasthan
- The ministry of environment, forest and climate change approved the conversion of the Ramgarh Vishdhari Sanctuary in Rajasthan’s Bundi district into the fourth tiger reserve in the state.
- According to a 2018 tiger census, there are 102 tigers in three reserves — Ranthambore Tiger Reserve in Sawai Madhopur, Sariska Tiger Reserve in Alwar, and Mukundra Hills Tiger Reserve in Kota — in the state.
- The proposal for converting the Ramgarh Vishdhary Sanctuary, which is spread across 1,071 square kilometre, into a tiger reserve was recently approved by the National Tiger Conservation Authority’s technical committee, a senior forest official said.