Daily Current Affairs July 17
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs July 17. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
July 17| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs July 17
1. World Day for International Justice is observed on?
A) July 14
B) July 16
C) July 13
D) July 17
E) July 15
Answer: D) July 17
|Date||Day||1st Observed||Edition/ Anniversary||Observed by||Theme||Others|
|July 17||World Day for International Justice||2010||13th||Achieving Social Justice through Formal employement||To mark the anniversary of the adoption of the Rome Statute in 1998. Review Conference of the Rome Statute in Uganda’s Kampala town decided to Observe the day.|
|July 17||World Emoji Day||2014||8th|
Sports – Daily Current Affairs July 17
2, PV Sindhu won Singapore Open 2022 women’s singles title,this is her ___ title in this year?
Answer: B) 3rd
Singapore Open 2022:
- Winner – PV Sindhu (India)
- Runner – Wang Zhiyi(China)
- This is Sindhu’s third title of 2022.
- In January this year, Sindhu won the women’s singles title at the Syed Modi International tournament.
- In March, India’s ace shuttler claimed the Swiss Open 2022 women’s singles crown at St. Jakobshalle arena in Basel.
3. Grandmaster R PraggnanandhaawonParacin Open Chess title, he is ____ Grandmaster of India?
Answer: E) 52nd
Paracin Open ‘A’ chess tournament 2022 in Serbia:
- 1st – R Praggnanandhaa (8 points)
- 2nd – AlexandrPredke (7.5 points)
- 3rd – Alisher Suleymenov and India’s AL Muthaiah(7 points)
4. Anjum Moudgil won bronze medal in Changwon Shooting World Cup in ___ category rifle?
Answer: C) 50m
- Women’s 50m rifle 3 positions event at the ISSF Shooting World Cup
- Gold – Germany’s Anna Janssen (407.7)
- Silver – Italy’s Barbara Gambaro (403.4)
- Bronze – India’s Anjum Moudgil (402.9)
- Anjum Moudgil had won silver in the same event at the Baku World Cup.
- Men’s 3P team event
- Gold – Czech Republic team
- Silver – Sanjeev Rajput, Chain Singh, and Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar
5. Murali Sreeshankar became first Indian to enter men’s long jump final at ____ edition of World Athletics Championships?
Answer: A) 18th
- In the World Athletics Championships, Murali Sreeshankar has become the first Indian to enter the men’s long jump final at Oregon, USA.
- The 23-year-old from Kerala finished second in qualification round Group B and seventh overall.
- Avinash Sable in Men’s 3000-meter steeplechase qualified.
- The World Athletics Championships is a congregation of over 2000 athletes from 200 countries around the world.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs July 17
6. How many percent GST on pre-packed, labelled food items?
Answer: D) 5%
- Customers will have to pay 5 per cent GST on pre-packed, labelled food items like atta, paneer and curd, besides hospital rooms with rent above Rs 5,000 with the GST Council’s decision coming into force.
- In addition, hotel rooms with a tariff of up to Rs 1,000/day, maps and charts, including atlases, will attract a 12 per cent Goods and Services Tax (GST), while 18 per cent GST will be levied on tetra packs and fees charged by banks for the issue of cheques (loose or in book form).
7. Tata Steel will invest how many crores in India in FY23?
Answer: B) 8500
- Tata Steel has planned capital expenditure (capex) of Rs 12,000 crore on its India and Europe operations during the current financial year, the company’s Chief Executive Officer T V Narendran.
- The domestic steel major plans to invest Rs 8,500 crore in India and Rs 3,500 crore on the company’s operations in Europe, Narendran, who is also the Managing Director (MD) of Tata Steel.
- The company is in process of expanding the capacity of its plant in Kalinganagar, Odisha to 8 MT from 3 MT.
- Tata Steel through its wholly-owned subsidiary Tata Steel Long Products Limited (TSLP), completed the acquisition of Odisha-based one Million Tonne Per Annum (MTPA) steel mill NINL for a considerable amount of Rs 12,000 crore.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs July 17
8. Ashishkumar Chauhan will be MD & CEO of NSE for how many years?
A) 5 years
B) 2 years
C) 4 years
D) 6 years
E) 3 years
Answer: A) 5 years
|Company/Country/ Organisation/ Financial Institute||Appointed||Succeeded||Tenure Period||Others|
|NSE MD & CEO||Ashishkumar Chauhan||Vikram Limaye||5 years||He is currently the MD and CEO of BSE. By SEBI|
|Indigo Non-Independent Non-Executive Director||M Damodaran||He was Chairman of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) from February 2005 to February 2008. He was an independent director and chairman of board of directors at InterGlobe Aviation from January 24, 2019 to May 3, 2022.|
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs July 17
9. India vaccinated how many crore Covid 19 Vaccines?
Answer: C) 200
- India has created history again, as the cumulative COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in the country surpassed the 200-crore mark.
- According to the health ministry data, 98 per cent of the adult population has received at least one dose while 90 per cent have been fully vaccinated.
10. How many crore people received benefit of e-Sanjeevani Tele-consultation?
Answer: A) 5
- Health Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya said that more than five crore people received the benefit of e-Sanjeevani Tele-consultation.
- Patients consult with doctors and specialists on a daily basis using this innovative digital medium to seek health services.
- The e-Sanjeevani facility has led to massive improvement in access to specialised health services, particularly in rural areas.
Over All Review
Business And Economy