Daily Current Affairs July 14
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs July 14. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
July 14| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs July 14
1. India top medal tally with how many medals?
Answer: C) 8
- India topped the medal tally at the ongoing ISSF Shooting World Cup.
- 1st – India won eight medals — three gold, four silver, and one bronze
- 2nd – South Korea
- 3rd – Serbia
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs July 14
2. Centre extendedRoSCTL scheme for export of garments, apparels till which year?
Answer: E) 2024
- The government has approved the extension of the scheme for Rebate of State and Central Taxes and Levies (RoSCTL) till March 31, 2024 for export of apparel, garments and made-ups with the same rates, the Ministry of Textiles.
- Chairman of Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC), NarenGoenka, said the scheme has helped a large number of MSMEs to join the apparel export business.
3. Tata Consumer Products enters honey and preserves segment through which brand?
Answer: A) Himalayan
- Tata Consumer Products Ltd (TCPL) announced its entry into the honey and preserves category by extending its premium water brand Himalayan into the segment.
- In line with the brand credentials, both these new product offerings are being sourced from the Himalayan belt.
- With this launch, the brand extends its product portfolio into new categories and will be available all India at select premium outlets.
4. WPI inflation eases to 3-month low of how many percent in Jun?
Answer: B) 15.18%
- The wholesale price-based inflation eased to a three-month low of 15.18 percent in June on a sharp decline in the prices of minerals, but food articles continued to remain costly.
- June is the 15th consecutive month when the Wholesale Price Index (WPI) based inflation remained in double-digit.
- Last month, it touched a record high of 15.88 percent.
- In June 2021, it was 12.07 percent.
- Inflation in food articles in June was 14.39 percent, as prices of vegetables, fruits, and potatoes witnessed a sharp spike over the year-ago period.
- In May, the wholesale price inflation in food articles was 12.34 percent.
- The rate of price rise in vegetables was 56.75 percent, while in potatoes and fruits, it was 39.38 and 20.33 percent, respectively.
- The WPI inflation in minerals dropped sharply to 8.55 percent in June from 33.94 percent in May.
- In the fuel and power basket, inflation was 40.38 percent, while in manufactured products and oil seeds, it was 9.19 percent and 2.74 percent, respectively.
- Inflation in crude petroleum and natural gas was 77.29 percent in June.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs July 14
5. Infosys to acquire Denmark-based BASE life science for how many crore?
Answer: D) 875
- Infosys will acquire Denmark-based BASE life science for about 110 million euros (Rs 875 crore) in an all-cash deal.
6. Dabur acquires entire stake in Asian Consumer Care from JV partner for how many crore?
Answer: C) 51
- Dabur India through its subsidiaries has acquired the entire stake in Bangladesh-based Asian Consumer Care from its joint venture partner Advanced Chemical Industries for about Rs 51 crore.
- Dabur held 76 per cent stake in the firm before acquisition through its subsidiary Dabur International, while the remaining 24 per cent was held by Advanced Chemical Industries.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs July 14
7. Apollo Tyres appointed who among the following as regional group head for marketing?
A) Arun Agarwal
C) Rajkiran Rai
D) Peush Jain
E) Vikram Garga
Answer: E) Vikram Garga
|Company/Country/ Organization/ Financial Institute||Appointed||Succeeded||Tenure Period||Others|
|Apollo Tyres Group Head, Marketing for the Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa (APMEA) region||Vikram Garga||He was Vice-President and Head of Strategy, Insights and Analytics, and Innovation at Mahindra and Mahindra (M&M),|
|Toshiba JSW Power Systems MD||Takehiko Matsushita|
|Collier Managing Director for Office Services||Peush Jain|
|NaBFID MD||Rajkiran Rai G||He was former Union Bank of India Managing Director By Financial Services Institutions Bureau (FSIB).|
|Bangladesh’s next High Commissioner to India||Mustafizur Rahman||Muhammad Imran (Ambassador Of USA)||He currently serving as Permanent Representative of Bangladesh to the United Nations Offices in Geneva and the Ambassador to Switzerland.|
|Texas Economic Development Corporation’s (TxEDC’s) Board of Directors.||Arun Agarwal||Governor Abbott tapped Agarwal, along with eight other Texas executives, to market the state nationally and globally to relocate a business and create new jobs.|
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs July 14
8. Torrent Power bagged how many crore wind energy project in Karnataka from SECI?
Answer: A) 2600
- Torrent Power has bagged a 300 MW wind energy project worth Rs 2,600 crore in Karnataka from Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI).
- The estimated date of commissioning the project is 24 months from the date of execution of the PPA.
- The term of the PPA is 25 years from the scheduled commercial operation date at a tariff of 2.94 per kWh (kilowatt hour).
- Torrent Power is an integrated power utility having interests in power generation, transmission, distribution and manufacturing and supply of power cables.
9. NMCG approves industrial and sewerage pollution abatement projects worth how many crore?
Answer: B) 38
- The Executive Committee of the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) approved the industrial and sewerage pollution abatement projects with an estimated cost of around Rs 38 crores.
- The 43rd meeting of the Executive Committee of the NMCG was held under the chairmanship of G Asok Kumar, Director General, NMCG.
- For industrial pollution abatement, a pilot project for the installation and commissioning of an electrochemical technology-based modular effluent treatment plant of 100 KLD capacity has been approved at the estimated cost of about Rs 77 lakh.
- The project will treat the discharged water from some textile industries in Mathura for River Yamuna.
- The project is aimed at reducing wastewater discharge (pollution and chemical load as well) through the adoption of eco-friendly and green technologies.
10. TP Saurya baggedhow many MW wind solar hybrid project in Karnataka?
Answer: D) 600
- TP Saurya Ltd (TPSL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tata Power, received the ‘Letter of Award’ (LoA) from Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) for setting up a 600 MW hybrid (wind and solar) power project in Karnataka.
- The project will be commissioned within 24 months from the PPA (Power Purchase Agreement) execution date.
- With this project, the total renewables capacity of Tata Power reaches 5,524 MW, with an installed capacity of 3,634 MW and 1,890 MW under various stages of implementation.
11. JSW Neo Energy baggedhow many MW wind energy project?
Answer: C) 300
- JSW Neo Energy Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of JSW Energy Limited, has received the letter of award (LoA) for a total wind capacity of 300 MW from Solar Energy Corporation of India Limited (SECI).
- The company bagged the project in a tariff-based competitive bids invited by SECI for setting up of 1,200 MW ISTS-connected wind power projects (Tranche – XII).
- Subsequently the company’s total power generation portfolio increases to 7.3 GW, with renewable energy share amounting to 57 per cent.
- JSW Energy has set an ambitious target for a 50% reduction in its carbon footprint by 2030 and achieving Carbon Neutrality by 2050 by transitioning towards renewable energy.
- The company has set a target to reach 20 GW capacity by 2030, with the share of renewable energy increasing to 85%.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs July 14
12. Ministry of Defence sets target of one lakh 75 thousand crore rupees of defence production by which year?
Answer: E) 2025
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has said that his Ministry has set a target of one lakh 75 thousand crore rupees of defence production by 2025, which includes the export of 35 thousand crore rupees.
- He expressed confidence that the Defence Public Sector Undertakings, DPSUs, will play a major role in achieving this goal with a contribution of 70 to 80 per cent.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs July 14
13. Over one crore twenty-two lakh houses sanctioned under PMAY-U, says Union Minister Kaushal Kishore,PMAY-U launched in which year?
Answer: A) 2015
- Minister of State for Housing and Urban Affairs Kaushal Kishore has said that over one crore twenty-two lakh houses have been sanctioned so far under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban (PMAY-U) in the country.
- The scheme was launched in 2015 with an aim of providing housing to all.
- In his virtual address to the National Conference on Housing Finance in India Issues and Solutions, the Minister said that the government is working with the vision of providing housing to all by the end of this year.
- Mr Kaushal Kishore also called upon the bankers and financial institutions to extend loan easily to the people for the construction of houses.
14. Citizens above 18 years of age to be given booster doses free of cost from July 15 till next how many days, Says Union Minister Anurag Thakur?
Answer: B) 75
- India is celebrating 75 years of independence and on the occasion of Azadi ka Amrit Kaal, from 15th July 2022 till the next 75 days, citizens above 18 years of age will be given booster doses free of cost.
- Cabinet also cleared the establishment of GatiShakti Vishwavidyalaya at Vadodara’s National Academy of Indian Railways where all modes of transport-related training will be given.
15. 75th Independence Day: Govt to soon launch nationwide campaign ‘Har GharTiranga’ to inspire countrymen to hoist national flag,flag code took effect on which year?
Answer: D) 2002
- The Central government will soon launch a nationwide campaign Har GharTiranga to inspire countrymen to hoist the national flag at their homes to mark the 75th Independence Day.
- The initiative has been taken under the aegis of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, for which the Ministry of Culture is the nodal ministry.
- The Indian National Flag is a symbol of national pride for the entire nation and to further honor the national flag, the program of ‘Har GharTiranga has been planned.
- The use, display, and hoisting of the Indian National Flag are guided by the Flag Code of India, 2002.
- The Flag Code of India took effect on 26th January 2002.
16. Which govt to issue over 4.88 lakh power connections to farmers in 2 yrs?
Answer: C) Rajasthan
- The Rajasthan government will issue over 4.88 lakh new and pending agriculture power connections in the next two years, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot.
- Gehlot said that his government is committed to providing cheap electricity to farmers along with uninterrupted power supply in the state.
17. Foundation stone for south India’s first nano urea plant to be laid in which state?
Answer: E) Karnataka
- South India’s first nano urea plant foundation will be laid in Bangalore on July 14 with an investment of around Rs 350 crore.
- IFFCO said it has planned to set up another eight plants across the country with a capacity of 34 crore bottles (500 ml) per annum.
- The State government has allotted 12-acre Karnataka Industrial Areas Development Board (KIADB) land near Devanahalli for the IFFCO’s nano urea (liquid) project.
- 18 months project will be completed.
- Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai will lay the foundation stone for the nano urea liquid plant at Hi-Tech Defence and Aerotech Park, Naganayakanahalli in Devanahalli Taluk of Bangaluru Rural district.
Over All Review
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Science and Technology