Daily Current Affairs July 06
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs July 06. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
July 06| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs July 06
1. World Zoonoses day is observed on?
A) July 01
B) July 04
C) July 02
D) July 06
E) July 03
Answer: D) July 06
- World Zoonoses day in annually observed on July 06.
- Instituted on 06/07/1885.
- Memory of Louis Pasteur 1st ever Rabies Vaccine to Patient Joseph Meister.
- 2022 Theme – Not Announced
- 2021 Theme – “Let’s Break the Chain of Zoonotic Transmission”
Sports – Daily Current Affairs July 06
2. Who among the following to lead India in ODI series against West Indies?
D) Hardik Pandya
E) Rohit Sharma
Answer: C) ShikharDhawan
- ShikharDhawan was named India captain for the three-match ODI series against the West Indies, beginning on July 22 in Port of Spain, Trinidad.
- Regular skipper Rohit Sharma, ViratKohli, JaspritBumrah, Hardik Pandya and Rishabh Pant have been rested for the series.
- The senior selection committee of the BCCI named a 16-member Indian team for the ODIs.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs July 06
3. Odisha, UP, and Andhra Pradesh emerge as top three states in ____ State Ranking Index for NFSA?
Answer: A) 1st
- This ranking Index attempts to document the status and progress of implementation of NFSA and various reform initiatives across the country.
- Consumer Affairs Minister Piyush Goyal released the 1st edition of State Ranking Index for NFSA in New Delhi.
|Rank||Top three states||Special Category|
|2||Uttar Pradesh||Himachal Pradesh|
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs July 06
4. Which of the following bank renewed MoU with Air Force for defence salary package?
A) HDFC Bank
B) Indian Bank
C) Axis Bank
D) Canara Bank
E) State Bank of India
Answer: E) State Bank of India
- State Bank of India (SBI) has renewed the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Air Force for the Defence Salary Package (DSP) scheme.
- Under this scheme, it will offer various benefits and features to all serving and retired Air Force personnel and their families.
- The lender offers extensive benefits to the Air Force personnel such as complimentary personal accidental insurance, air accidental insurance, and additional cover in case of on-duty death (during action).
5. Ujjivan Small Finance Bank reported how percent loan growth, reduction in NPA?
Answer: B) 38%
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank said its gross advances grew 38% year-on-year to Rs 19409 crore while its asset quality improved sequentially supported by steady repayment collections.
- The bank’s overall loan growth was largely buoyed by a 39% expansion of advances under the microbanking segment which grew to Rs 13,364 crore, while both the affordable housing and enterprise loan books showed similar growth prints, albeit, over low base.
- Its affordable housing loans stood at Rs 2,905 crores while enterprise loans grew to Rs 1,767 crore.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs July 06
6. LG gothow billion USD worth order for EV parts in 1st half of 2022?
Answer: D) 6.1
- LG Electronics has secured 8 trillion won ($6.1 billion) worth of new orders for electric vehicle (EV) parts and solutions in the first half of this year, a sign that its new growth engine is gaining ground.
7. Revenue Deficit Grant of Rs. 7,183.42 crore released to how many States?
Answer: C) 14
- The Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance, released the 4th monthly instalment of Post Devolution Revenue Deficit (PDRD) Grant of Rs. 7,183.42 crore to 14 States.
- The grant has been released as per the recommendations of the Fifteenth Finance Commission.
- The Fifteenth Finance Commission has recommended a total Post Devolution Revenue Deficit Grant of Rs. 86,201 crore to 14 States for the financial year 2022-23.
- The recommended grant is released by the Department of Expenditure to the recommended States in 12 equated monthly instalments.
- With the release of 4th instalment for the month of July, 2022, the total amount of Revenue Deficit Grants released to the States in 2022-23 has gone up to Rs. 28733.67 crore.
- The Post Devolution Revenue Deficit Grants are provided to the States under Article 275 of the Constitution.
- The States who have been recommended Post Devolution Revenue Deficit Grant by the Fifteenth Finance Commission during 2022-23 are: Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tripura, Uttarakhand and West Bengal.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs July 06
8. Equitas Holdings sells entire stake in Equitas Tech, Equitas Holding founded year?
Answer: E) 2007
- Equitas Holdings Ltd has divested its entire shareholding in Equitas Technologies Pvt Ltd (ETPL) as part of the regulatory requirement to complete the amalgamation involving its subsidiary Equitas Small Finance Bank.
- Equitas Holdings is the promoter of Equitas Small Finance Bank (ESFB).
- Under the scheme of amalgamation between ESFB and Equitas Holdings, all the assets held by the promoter, including its investments in ETPL, have to be transferred to and vested in ESFB.
- In a regulatory filing, Equitas Holdings said it has completed the sale of its entire shareholding in ETPL on July 5, thereby complying with the condition stipulated by Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs July 06
9. Vijay Kumar Janjua appointed new chief secretary of which of the following state?
C) West Bengal
Answer: A) Punjab
|Company/Country/ Organisation/ Financial Institute||Appointed||Succeeded||Other Points|
|Chief secretary of
|Airtel Payments Bank
Chief marketing officer
|Shilpi Kapoor||–||Previously she was with American Express as Director of marketing.|
10. Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi resigns as union minister, he belongs to which ministry?
A) External Affairs
B) Minority Affairs
E) Tribal Affairs
Answer: B) Minority Affairs
- Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi has resigned as the union minister for minority affairs.
- Speculations are also rife that the ruling BJP may nominate Naqvi as its candidate for the upcoming vice presidential elections.
National Affairs- Daily Current Affairs July 06
11. Alstom baggedhow many crore order from Madhya Pradesh Metro Rail Corp?
Answer: D) 3200
- Alstom has won an order worth Rs 3,200 crore to supply metro trains and various systems for Bhopal and Indore metro rail projects.
- The order has been awarded by Madhya Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MPMRCL) to deliver 156 Movia metro cars with 15 years of comprehensive maintenance for the Bhopal and Indore metro projects.
- Alstom said this project will benefit over 5.7 million people of both these cities.
12. India’s PLI scheme has potential to add how many percent to GDP annually?
Answer: E) 4%
- The Centre’s production-linked incentive (PLI) scheme has the potential to add nearly 4 per cent to GDP in terms of incremental revenues, says a report.
- The PLI scheme aims to provide nearly Rs 2.4 lakh crore worth of incentives over the next five years, with the lion’s share going to electronics, auto components, and pharma.
13. Make-in-India impact: toy imports dropped by how many percent?
Answer: C) 70%
- Make-in-India initiative of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government has yielded positive results for the toy sector in the country with imports down by 70 per cent while 61 per cent surge in exports in the last three years.
- For HS Codes 9503, 9504, and 9505, the value of import of toys in India fell from $371 million in the financial year 2018-19 to $110 million in the financial year 2021-22, showing a decline of 70.35 per cent.
- For the HS Code 9503, toy imports have decreased even faster, from $304 million in FY 2018-19 to $36 million in FY 2021-22 for HS Code 9503, according to data released by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- The exports have jumped by 61.38 per cent over the same period.
- For HS Codes 9503, 9504, and 9505, the export of toys has increased from $202 million in FY 2018-19 to $326 million in FY 2021-22, up by 61.39 per cent.
- For HS Code 9503, exports of toys have increased from $109 million in FY 2018-19 to $177 million in FY 2021-22.
14. India to be self-sufficient in urea by end of which year?
Answer: A) 2025
- India will not need to import urea by 2025-end as the domestic production of conventional urea and nano liquid urea is expected to be sufficient to meet the country’s annual demand, Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilisers Mansukh Mandaviya.
- At present, the country’s area (conventional) production is 260 lakh tonnes, while around 90 lakh tonnes are imported to meet local demand.
- The minister said around 60 lakh tonnes of production capacity will be added for conventional urea, while the output of nano urea is estimated to rise to 44 crores bottles (of 500 ml each) per annum, which will be equivalent to 200 lakh tonnes of conventional urea.
15. GE Renewable Energy commissionedhow many MW Bajoli hydro project in Himachal?
Answer: B) 180
- GE Renewable Energy’s Hydropower business, part of GE Power India Ltd (GEPIL), has commissioned the 180-MW Bajoli Holi Project, in Himachal Pradesh.
- Three units of 60 MW each have been generating electricity since the project was connected to the grid in March 2022.
- The 180-MW run-of-the-river power facility has a head race tunnel of more than 16 km and has been constructed on the river Ravi in Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh.
16. Which of the following country signed pact to supply state of art tech for Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant?
Answer: D) Russia
- LUCH Scientific Production Association (part of Science and Innovations JSC, R&D Unit of Rosatom State Corporation, Russian nuclear major) has signed an agreement to supply thermocouples for four power units of the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant (KNPP) in India.
- New sensors designed for thermal control of NPP process equipment will replace the old ones in the internal reactor control systems of the units 1 and 2 of KNPP.
17. RRU, DroneAcharya sign MoU to set Remote Pilot Training Centre in which of the following state?
C) Uttar Pradesh
E) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: A) Gujarat
- RashtriyaRaksha University at Gandhinagar has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with DroneAcharya Aerial Innovations Private Limited for setting up a Remote Pilot Training Centre for imparting drone flying skills.
- This training will be imparted to the Police and security force personnel and citizens at RRU Campus near Gandhinagar.
- The RashtriyaRaksha University will set up a Remote Pilot Training Centre under the Public-Private Partnership model.
18. Over 47 lakh pupils receive VidyaKanuka kits worth how many crore from Andhra Pradesh CM?
Answer: C) 931
- Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy distributed schools kits worth Rs 931 crore under the JaganannaVidyaKanuka scheme at Adoni in Kurnool district.
- A total of 47,40,421 government school students of Classes 1 to 10 received the kit costing around Rs 2,000 each.
19. Google India addedhow many new languages to its training network for journalists?
Answer: E) 5
- Tech giant Google expanded its News Initiative Training Network to include five new languages: Punjabi, Assamese, Gujarati, Odia and Malayalam.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers