Daily Current Affairs January 27
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs January 27. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
January 27 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs January 27
1. International Holocaust Remembrance Day:
- The United Nations General Assembly designated January 27 as International Holocaust Remembrance Day to commemorate the victims of the Holocaust, which wiped out nearly two-thirds of Europe’s Jewish population, between 1933 and 1945.
- Since 2010, the UN has designated specific themes for the annual commemorations that focus on topics such as collective experiences and universal human rights.
- The UN General Assembly, on November 1, 2005, adopted resolution 60/7 to declare January 27 as International Holocaust Remembrance Day (IHRD).
- The date was chosen to mark the date that Auschwitz concentration camp was liberated by the Red Army in 1945.
- The resolution rejects all forms of Nazi denial and encourages member states of the UN to actively preserve sites that the Nazis used during the “Final Solution,” such as killing centres, concentration camps, and prisons.
- The theme for International Holocaust Remembrance Day 2022 is “Memory, Dignity and Justice”.
- According to the United Nations website, “safeguarding the historical record, remembering the victims, challenging the distortion of history often expressed in contemporary antisemitism, are critical aspects of claiming justice after atrocity crimes.”
Sports – Daily Current Affairs January 27
2. Tata Motors to be title sponsor for tennis tournament Maharashtra Open:
- Tata Motors has extended its partnership with the Tata Open Maharashtra tennis tournament for the fourth year, and will be this year’s title sponsor.
- The tournament, scheduled from 31 January to 6 February at the Balewadi stadium, is South Asia’s only ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) tournament and India’s oldest international sporting event.
- The prestigious IMG-owned tournament, organised by the Maharashtra State Lawn Tennis Association and licensed by Rise World, was also supported by Tata from 2002-2004 when it was held in Chennai.
- The group offered to support the event again after it was shifted to Pune in 2018 and the partnership has grown stronger since.
3. Lucknow’s IPL team to be called Lucknow Super Giants:
- The Lucknow franchise of the Indian Premier League will be called Lucknow Super Giants after its owners announced the name chosen by its fans.
- The official IPL team of Lucknow, owned by RPSG Group, decided to take public opinions from its fans and the name was shared by owner Sanjiv Goenka.
- Last year, the franchise was purchased by the Sanjiv Goenka-owned of the RPSG group for an amount of Rs 7090 Crores.
- The other new team to enter the competition is from Ahmedabad who were bought by the Irelia Company Pte Ltd. (CVC Capital Partners) for Rs 5635 Crores.
- On January 21, the RPSG group owned Lucknow franchise signed KL Rahul for Rs 17 crore, Australia all-rounder Marcus Stoinis for Rs 9.2 crore and uncapped leg spinner Ravi Bishnoi for Rs 4 crore.
- The CVC-owned Ahmedabad have picked Hardik and Afghanistan star spinner Rashid Khan for Rs 15 crore each while shelling out Rs 7 crore for batter Shubman Gill, their director of cricket Vikram Solanki announced on Star Sports.
- They will make the rest of their squad at the mega auction scheduled in Bengaluru on February 12 and 13.
- The BCCI is set to conduct the 2022 IPL from last week of March to end of May and efforts would be made to host the lucrative event in India as per the wishes of team owners, Board secretary Jay Shah had said on January 22.
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs January 27
4. Hockey legend Charanjit Singh dies:
- Captain of India’s 1964 Tokyo Olympics gold medal-winning hockey team, Charanjit Singh, diedat his home in Una, Himachal Pradesh after suffering a cardiac arrest that followed prolonged age-related illnesses.
- The former mid-fielder was 90 and would have turned a year older next month. He is survived by two sons and one daughter.
- Charanjit suffered a stroke five years back and was paralyzed since then.
- Besides captaining the Olympic gold-winning team in 1964, he was also a part of the silver-winning side in the 1960 edition of the Games.
- He was also a part of the 1962 Asian Games silver-winning team.
- His last rites will be performed this evening in Una.
- The two-time Olympian was a part of India’s glorious days.
- A charismatic halfback, Charanjit had led the Indian team to a historic gold medal in 1964 Tokyo Olympics, beating Pakistan in the final and also featured in the Indian team that won silver in the 1960 Games in Rome.
- Charanjit was an alumnus of Col Brown Cambridge School, Dehradun, and Punjab University.
- After his illustrious career in international hockey, he worked as the director of the physical education department at Himachal Pradesh University in Shimla.
- He was one of the architects of India’s stunning performance at the 1960 Olympics before an unfortunate injury forced him to sit out of the final against arch-rivals Pakistan, which they lost by a slender 0-1 margin.
- The 1960 disappointment still fresh in his mind, a Charanjit-led India turned the tables around four years later, defeating Pakistan by the same margin to clinch the gold medal.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs January 27
5. Kinara Capital Introduces Collateral-Free Short-Term Working Capital Loan:
- Rapid TAT to Expedite Financing for Quick Business Growth Needs for MSMEs Bangalore, Karnataka, India (NewsVoir) Kinara Capital, a fast-growing fintech propelling financial inclusion, today introduced Short-Term Working Capital loan option for its current MSME customers.
- Available in the range of INR 50,000 to INR 2 Lakhs with rapid turnaround (TAT) and lower processing fees, the Short-Term Working Capital loan will have a tenor of 6-12 months to give MSMEs the option of fulfilling sudden business needs.
- MSMEs typically run on a tight budget and are frequently challenged with restricted cash flow when handling changing business priorities, such as, trying to fulfill a new purchase order, printing a new signboard, purchasing raw materials, stocking up on needed inventory, machine repair, or hiring new workers.
- Short-Term Working Capital loan can be used for any number of business requirements.
Kinara Capital has supported thousands of MSMEs to date by disbursing over 70,000+ loans and currently holds an AUM of over INR 1000 crores.
- Serving over 300+ MSME sub-sectors, Kinara Capital offers collateral-free MSME loans in 3000+ pin codes across Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Gujarat & Maharashtra.
- About Kinara Capital Kinara Capital is a fast-growing fintech propelling financial inclusion of small business entrepreneurs in India.
- Boasting a women-majority management team, Kinara Capital has set itself apart in the industry with its emphasis on social impact and profitable growth.
6. IMCG partners Muthoot Homefin for mortgage guarantee backed home loans:
- India Mortgage Guarantee Corporation (IMGC) announced its partnership with Muthoot Homefin (India) Limited (MHIL) to offer mortgage guarantee backed home loan products to customers in the affordable housing segment.
- A mortgage guarantee will enable MHIL to sanction higher loan amount (LTV ratio) to the customers at lower rates of interest, a joint statement said.
- The housing finance company is currently offering loans from 6.5 per cent to economically weaker sections under its Azad-i75 programme for affordable houses.
7. Faarms partners Reliance General to offer insurance to farmers:
- Agri-tech start-up Faarms in association with Reliance General Insurance Company Ltd. (RGICL) has introduced customised digital insurance solutions for the rural population especially the farmers.
- Under this collaboration, not just the farmers but any individual from rural areas can conveniently access and choose from a range of health and cattle insurance on the Faarms app at the touch of a button on their smartphones, Faarms said in a statement.
- Faarms is a single point e-commerce platform for all farming related inputs from seeds, agrochemicals, machinery and animal feed and is connected to farmers in Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan, Gujrat and Madhya Pradesh.
8. TerraPay, NPCI International partner to enable real-time, international payments:
- National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) on Thursday said its international payments arm NPCI International Payments Limited (NIPL) has signed a memorandum of understanding with TerraPay, Netherlands-based global payments infrastructure company to allow Indians with an active UPI ID to receive real-time, international payments into their bank accounts via TerraPay’s secure payments technology.
- In December last year, NIPL had tied up Western Union to enable real-time bank account payout in India.
- As per data provided by NPCI, in the calendar year 2021, UPI recorded 38.74 billion transactions, worth $954.58 billion.
- Collaboration between NIPL and TerraPay is expected to further empower UPI users to leverage TerraPay’s agile interoperable payments infrastructure to receive payments on a fully regulated, secure, scalable and efficient channel, NPCI said in its statement.
- Globally, TerraPay processes payouts into over 4.5 billion bank accounts and more than 1.5 billion mobile wallets.
- Indian residents, PIOs, Indian diaspora will be able to send money to India via Terrapay.
9. SCUBE Capital launches US dollar fixed maturity fund for Federal Bank customers:
- SCUBE Capital said it has launched a US dollar fixed maturity fund exclusively for Federal Bank clients in association with Equirus Wealth.
- SCUBE Capital is a global fund management company based out of Singapore
The statement said it is a unique fund, exclusively curated for accredited non-resident investors of Federal Bank.
- The fund invests in US dollar-denominated fixed-income instruments of Indian and international issuers.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs January 27
10. Microsoft India launches new skilling initiative for SMBs:
- Microsoft India today announced the launch of a new initiative to help small and medium businesses (SMBs) stay ahead of the curve with the right digital skills.
- According to Microsoft, SMBs contribute to ~30% of India’s GDP and provide employment to over 114 million people.
- However, a lack of employee skills has been among the biggest challenges for SMBs in responding to the pandemic.
- By building their digital skills, SMBs raise their knowledge capital, including organizational processes and employee talent, putting them at a greater competitive advantage in a digitally enabled economy, Microsoft said.
- The new initiative provides digital skilling resources via e-learning and online training assets from sources like Microsoft Learn and LinkedIn Learning.
- The resource hub will allow businesses to explore proven expertise, technical training, online workshops, and best practices, as well as earn Microsoft certifications on technical learning paths.
- More specifically, SMBs can:
- Reach new customers and grow businesses
- Improve productivity
- Achieve efficiency
- Increase security in a digital world
- Flexing to meet market opportunities
- Accelerate with lessons in entrepreneurship
11. India is world’s top exporter of cucumber and gherkins:
- India has emerged as the largest exporter of gherkins in the world with outbound shipments worth $114 million from April-October 2021 compared to $200 million of exports in full FY21.
- India has crossed the $200 million mark of export of agricultural processed product, – pickling cucumber, which is globally referred as gherkins or cornichons, in the last financial year, it said.
- In 2020-21, India had shipped 2,23,515 metric tonne of cucumber and gherkins with a value of $223 million.
12. Meta has built an AI supercomputer it says will be world’s fastest by end of 2022:
- Social media conglomerate Meta is the latest tech company to build an “AI supercomputer” — a high-speed computer designed specifically to train machine learning systems.
- The company says its new AI Research SuperCluster, or RSC, is already among the fastest machines of its type and, when complete in mid-2022, will be the world’s fastest.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs January 27
13. Future Enterprises to sell 25% stake in general insurance JV to partner Generali for ₹1,253 cr:
- Debt-ridden Future Group has announced that it will sell its 25 per cent equity in Future Generali India Insurance Company Limited (FGIICL) to its JV partner Generali for a cash consideration of ₹1,252.96 crore as part of its asset monetisation plans to pair debts.
- Besides, Generali has also acquired an option to buy out the Future Enterprises Limited’s (FEL) remaining interest in FGIICL, which operates in the general insurance business, said a late-night regulatory filing by the Future Group firm.
- FGIICL is a joint venture between Future Enterprises and Generali Participations Netherlands NV (Generali).
Books and Authors – Daily Current Affairs January 27
14. Meenakashi Lekhi releases pictorial book on India’s Women Unsung Heroes of Freedom Struggle:
- Union Minister of State for Culture Smt. Meenakashi Lekhi released a pictorial book on India’s Women Unsung Heroes of Freedom Struggle as part of Azadi ka Mahotsav, in New Delhi.
- The book has been released in partnership with Amar Chitra Katha which is a household name in India.
- Addressing on the occasion, Smt Meenakashi Lekhi said that the book celebrates the lives of some of the women who led the charge and lit the flame of protest and rebellion throughout the country.
- It contains the stories of queens who battled colonial powers in the struggle against imperial rule and women who dedicated and even laid down their lives for the cause of the motherland, she added.
15. Author Ruskin Bond pays homage to beloved country in his latest book:
- Drawing on his own memories and impression of India, celebrated author Ruskin Bond in his latest book, ”A Little Book of India: Celebrating 75 years of Independence”, pays homage to the country that has been his home for 84 years.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs January 27
16. Hindustan Zinc CEO elected as acting chairman of International Zinc Association:
- Hindustan Zinc CEO Arun Misra has been elected as the acting chairman of the International Zinc Association (IZA).
- Misra is the first Indian and Asian to hold this position, according to a statement.
- The International Zinc Association is a non-profit organization that represents the global zinc industry.
- Its mission is to advance zinc products and markets via research, development, technology transfer, and communication of the unique attributes that make zinc a sustainable and essential component of life.
- IZA members produce 60 percent of global zinc and 80 percent in the Western hemisphere.
- IZA has offices across China, Europe, Latin America, North America, India, and Southern Africa, with its headquarters in Durham, North Carolina (US).
Awards – Daily Current Affairs January 27
17. India and Nepal sites win TX2 Award for doubling tiger population since 2010:
- Bardia National Park in Nepal, and Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve in India, have won this year’s TX2 Award for doubling their population of wild tigers since 2010.
- A second award for Tiger Conservation Excellence will be presented to Khata Forest Conservation Area in Nepal which secures transboundary connectivity for tigers between Nepal and India.
- The awards celebrate the upcoming launch of the 2022 Lunar Year of the Tiger.
- In September tiger range countries will convene at the second Global Tiger Summit in Vladivostok to assess progress towards the ambitious TX2 goal – to double the number of tigers in the wild – and to identify tiger conservation priorities for the next 12 years.
- The tiger population of award winner, Bardia National Park, increased almost five-fold from less than 20 tigers in 2009 to almost 90 in 2018 – an astounding achievement given it is situated in one of the most densely populated regions of the world.
- Sathyamangalam, designated a Tiger Reserve in 2013, was home to only 25 tigers in 2011 but today there are an estimated 80 individuals in the area.
- Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve, located in the Western Ghats Biodiversity Hotspot, connects with two other protected areas, supporting one of the most important and largest tiger populations in the world.
- The associated award for Tiger Conservation Excellence is presented to the incredible transboundary Khata corridor where community based conservation efforts, including a network of 74 community forests covering 202 km2, have secured safe passage for tigers between Bardia National Park in Nepal and Katarniaghat Wildlife Sanctuary in India.
- Over the last five years 46 individual tigers have been detected using the corridor together with other iconic and threatened mammal species including the Asian elephant, and the greater one-horned rhino.
- The awards are presented by the Conservation Assured Tiger Standards (CA|TS), Fauna and Flora International (FFI), Global Tiger Forum (GTF), IUCN’s Integrated Tiger Habitat Conservation Programme (ITHCP), Panthera, UNDP, The Lion’s Share, Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) and WWF.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs January 27
18. LTI, IIT Madras collaborate to innovate in 5G space:
- Larsen and Toubro Infotech (LTI) on Thursday said it has partnered with IIT Madras for collaborative research in the field of 5G.
- Through this collaboration, LTI and IIT Madras aim to innovate in the emerging 5G space and enable 5G frameworks validation, low-frequency RF deployments and use case testing with 5G testbed, a regulatory filing said.
- As part of this partnership, LTI and IIT Madras will promote research towards the development of a low-cost, low-frequency 5G network setup for better connectivity in rural India, it added.
- The key objective of this effort is to create a 5G base station and single-box solution to enable rural connectivity.
- LTI will work closely with IIT Madras to design these low-cost base stations and networks for rural connectivity.
- LTI will also provide expertise for research capabilities and offer relevant infrastructure support for this initiative, the filing said.
- This project is part of LTI’s 1step CSR program and reflects its commitment to promoting research and innovation (SDG 9 – industry, innovation, and infrastructure).
- Through its support for the development of an indigenous 5G network, this partnership is also aligned with the government’s ‘Make-in-India’ initiative.
- Professor Mahesh Panchagnula, Dean (Alumni and Corporate Relations) at IIT Madras, said IITM’s 5G testbed project is an effort to encourage Indian startups and the industry to take an early lead in 5G.
19. SIIC IIT Kanpur Partners With IDEX To Mentor Entrepreneurs And MSMEs In Defence Product Development Segment:
- Startup Incubation & Innovation Centre (SIIC) IIT Kanpur has partnered with iDEX (Innovation for Defence Excellence) to scout and mentor entrepreneurs and MSMEs to create, deploy and commercialize technologies and products for the Indian military and defence PSUs.
- Under this partnership, SIIC IIT Kanpur will run programs such as accelerators, long-duration incubation, piloting, prototype investments, etc. jointly with iDEX.
- The iDEX program was launched by Defence Innovation Organization (DIO) as an effort to attain self-reliance in the field of defence and defence production.
- The core objectives of the iDEX scheme as listed by the Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence are:
a. Facilitate rapid development of new, indigenized, and innovative technologies for the Indian defence and aerospace sector, to meet needs for these sectors in shorter timelines
b. Create a culture of engagement with innovative startups, to encourage co-creation for defence and aerospace
c. Empower a culture of technology co-creation and co-innovation within the defence and aerospace sectors
d. Boost innovation among the start-ups and encourage them to be a part of Indian defence and aerospace ecosystem.
With these primary objectives of iDEX, SIIC IIT Kanpur and other incubators will help iDEX in working towards guiding startups and MSMEs in the product development segment of India’s defence sector and making India self-reliant.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs January 27
20. North Korea fires 2 suspected missiles in 6th launch in 2022:
- North Korea fired two suspected ballistic missiles into the sea in its sixth round of weapons launches this month, South Korea’s military said.
- The renewed pressure comes as the pandemic further shakes the North’s economy, which was already battered by crippling U.S.-led sanctions over its nuclear weapons programme and decades of mismanagement by its own government.
- South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff said the weapons, which were likely short-range, were launched five minutes apart from the eastern coastal town of Hamhung and flew 190 kilometers (118 miles) on an apogee of 20 kilometers (12.4 miles) before landing at sea.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs January 27
21. BEL signs contract with Hyperion for supply of IoT devices for US:
- Public sector unit Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), a ‘navaratna’ company, and US-based Hyperion Global Group, LLC, an infrastructure telecommunication distribution company, have entered into a USD 73-million contract to develop, make and supply internet of things (IoT) devices for the US market.
- Under the contract, Bengaluru-headquartered BEL would manufacture and supply the devices to Hyperion during the first year of commencement of supply with a provision to supply upgrades of the products worth USD 365 million in the next five years.
- Hyperion’s devices are set to revolutionise the way people live, learn, communicate, and consume data, a statement from BEL said.
- The contract pairs Hyperion’s need to provide advanced connectivity solutions with BEL’s engineering and manufacturing capabilities, it was said.
22. L&T signs pact with HydrogenPro to manufacture hydrogen electrolysers in India:
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T) said it has entered into a pact with HydrogenPro, a Norway-based leading electrolyser technology and manufacturing company, for a partnership to tap the emerging green hydrogen market.
- Under the memorandum of understanding (MoU), L&T and HydrogenPro will jointly work to set up a joint venture in India for gigawatt-scale manufacturing of alkaline water electrolysers based on the HydrogenPro technology for the Indian market and other select geographies.
- The proposed joint venture in India is in line with L&T’s strategic vision to be present across the green energy value chain and HydrogenPro’s strategy of establishing a global manufacturing footprint to maintain cost leadership and ensure local presence, the engineering and construction conglomerate said in a statement.
23. CM Jagan Mohan Reddy launches Andhra Pradesh Seva Portal 2.0 to deliver better services to people:
- Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launched Andhra Pradesh Seva Portal 2.0 (Citizen Service Portal) at the camp office here to deliver better services for the people.
- Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Minister said that all the officials right from village or ward secretariats to higher authorities will be using AP Seva Portal, a digitalised platform to provide citizen services in a transparent manner.
- He stated that the newly updated portal has over 30 services of Revenue and Land Administration, 25 services of Municipal Administration, 6 services of Civil Supplies, 3 services of Rural Development and over 53 services of Energy departments.
- The Chief Minister said that village or ward secretariat services along with a volunteer system was brought to take governance to the village level, where almost four lakh people are part of the delivery mechanism and offering over 540 services directly to the people.
- Since 6 January 2020, as many as 3.46 crore government services have been provided to the public through village or ward secretariats, he added.
- He said that with the latest technology, AP Seva Portal was brought, where the applicant can know the details of their application and would also receive phone alerts related to the service sought.
24. NDMC gets open defecation-free certification: Official
- The North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC) has been certified ‘Open Defecation Free’ by the government, the civic body said.
- A city or ward could be declared open-defecation-free if, at any point of the day, not a single person is found defecating or urinating in the open, and all community and public toilets are functional and well-maintained.
- The NDMC has got ‘open defecation free’ (ODF+) certificate from Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, NDMC Commissioner Sanjay Goel was quoted as saying in a statement issued by the civic body.
25. India to host first Central Asia summit whose foundation is deep bilateral ties in region:
- By Naveen Kapoor India is set to deepen its ties with Central Asian countries at the first of its kind India-Central Asia summit hosted by Prime Minister Narendra Modi where the key focus other than security and the Afghanistan issue will be trade and connectivity, development partnership, culture and people to people contacts.
- Head of states of Central Asian countries will join the summit virtually.
- India has very close bilateral ties with several countries of Central Asia.
- India-Kazakhstan trade is highest in the Central Asian region.
- The highest trade in the Central Asian region is between India and Kazakhstan (USD 1.9 bn in 2020-21); majorly oil imports.
- Kazakhstan is a strategic partner with 8,000 strong Indian communities including 5,000 medical students. Kazakh’s first president Nazarbayev to India; PM visited Kazakhstan in 2015 and 2017 Both countries also implemented unique experiment in UN peacekeeping.
Kazakh troops are participating as part of the Indian battalion in UNIFIL.
- The 6th rotation currently going on and there is also regular joint military exercise KAZIND.
- India also shares warm relations with the Kyrgyz Republic.
- There are six visits of Kyrgyz Presidents to India.
- PM Modi visited the Kyrgyz Republic in 2015 and 2019.
- Former Kyrgyz President Jeenbekov attended PM Modi’s swearing-in in May 2019.
- There are 5 telemedicine centres established by India in the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Both countries also hold annual joint military exercises Khanjar.
- Relations with Tajikistan are no different.
- There have been six visits by President Rahman to India.
- The PM visited in 2015. Both nations have strong cooperation in defence.
- There is also the India-Tajik Friendship Hospital.
- India and Tajikistan share very similar positions on Afghanistan.
- With strategic partner Uzbekistan, there is good cooperation between the country’s Andijan region and Gujarat. Bilateral trade stands around USD 300 mln.
- There is also India-Uzbek-Iran trilateral Working Group on Chabahar.
- Line of credit USD 1 billion was extended in 2018; 4 projects worth USD 450 mln were approved.
- There are several projects under High Impact Community Development under implementation.
- Indian universities like Sharda, Amity and Sambhroom are setting up campuses in Uzbekistan.
- Setting up of medical units and centres like Medanta, USD 50 mln worth investment by Cadila in setting up a pharmaceutical plant are also being done.
- Entrepreneurship Development Centre set up by India in 2019 shows the robust ties between the two countries.
- A look at India’s relationship with Turkmenistan shows 3 visits by Turkmen Presidents to India.
- The PM visited in 2015.
- First Yoga and Traditional Medicine centre was established in Central Asia in Ashgabat in 2015.
- India established IT Centre in 2011 and an Industrial Training Centre in 2002.
26. ‘Grama One’ launched in 12 districts of Karnataka:
- Karnataka Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai launched ‘Grama One’, which would offer services of various government departments in rural areas of 12 districts.
- The services would be extended to all the districts by March-end.
- Earlier, Grama One had been run on a trial basis in four districts, where over six lakh people have benefitted.
- The Chief Minister said Grama One is now being launched in 12 districts and in 3,024 gram panchayats.
- The government aims to extend it to all gram panchayats by end of March, he said, and added their functioning would be monitored regularly.
27. 3 Indigenously-Built Floating Out-Post Vessels Inducted In Border Force:
- As the country was engaged in celebrating 73rd Republic Day, India’s Border Security Force (BSF) inducted a fleet of three new Floating Border Out-Post (FBOP) vessels aimed at protecting the country’s maritime borders.
- On Republic Day Parade 2022, Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) delivered the 2nd lot of 03 Floating Border Out-Post (FBOP) vessels out of 09 FBOPs for BSF to enable protect our maritime borders, adding a boost to border guaA senior BSF officer told news agency ANI that FBOP vessels play a crucial role while protecting maritime borders as they help in demarking borders on waters.
- The officer said that these vessels will act as a floating base for the flotilla of fast patrol boats and will supply petrol, drinking water, provisions to the smaller boats and will be deployed on India’s eastern and western borders.
- The three indigenously-built FBOP vessels will act as the strategic base stations at India’s border with Pakistan and Bangladesh.
- These vessels are important for the nation with regards to its safety and will also help in boosting the business through the country’s coastal and inland waterways.
- Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) delivered the three FBOP vessels to the BSF, which will provide land and riverine security along 3,323 km of India-Pakistan and 4,096 km of India-Bangladesh international borders.
- A batch of three similar vessels was delivered to the BSF earlier last year and the next batch of three vessels will be delivered soon.
- With the induction of the second batch of FBOP vessels, the total number of such vessels in the BSF fleet has now reached 12.
- The three FBOP’s, with a length of 46 meters, are part of a series of nine vessels being built for the Water Wing of the Border Security Force.
- These vessels are designed in-house by CSL and classed by the Indian Register of Shipping.
- Each FBOP is designed with storage arrangements for four fast patrol boats, which can be launched and hoisted using its davit system.
28. Delhi Police launches e-FIR app for registering theft cases:
- Delhi Police Commissioner Rakesh Asthana launched an e-FIR app where people will be able to instantly lodge complaints about incidents like “house theft” and “burglary”, police said.
- Asthana said lodging of FIRs online for property theft will help police to quickly solve such cases.
29. Union Agriculture Minister addresses 4th National Conference on Agriculture for Summer Campaign 2021-22:
- Addressing the National conference on Agriculture for Summer Campaign 2021-22 today through video-conferencing, Union Agriculture Minister, Shri Narendra Kumar Tomar said that summer crops not only provide extra income but also create employment opportunities in between Rabi and Kharif for the farmers thereby increasing crop intensity.
- The Government has taken new initiatives through various programmes for cultivation of summer crops such as pulses, coarse cereals, nutri-cereals, and oilseeds.
- Though more than half of cultivated area in summer season is under pulses, oilseeds and nutri-cereals, the farmers with irrigation source are growing rice and vegetables during the summer season.
- He highlighted that area under cultivation of zaid crops including rice has increased progressively 2.7 times from 29.71 lakh hectares in 2017-18 to 80.46 lakh hectares in 2020-21.
- The objective of Zaid conference is to review and assess the crop performance during the preceding crop seasons and fix crop-wise targets for summer season in consultation with State Governments.
- The Minister assured full support to ensure supply of critical inputs and facilitate adoption of innovative technologies with a view to enhance production and productivity of the crops.
- The priority of government is to increase production of oilseeds and pulses where large imports are required.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Books and Authors
Science and Technology