Daily Current Affairs January 09
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs January 09. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
January 09 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs January 09
1. Veer Baal Diwas is observed on which date?
A) December 23
B) December 24
C) December 25
D) December 26
E) December 27
Answer: D) December 26
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced that December 26 starting this year will be observed as ”Veer Baal Diwas” as a tribute to the 10th Sikh guru Gobind Singh’s four sons who were executed by the Mughals.
- Modi’s announcement came on the day of the birth anniversary of the Sikh guru.
Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas:
- Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas is a day dedicated to the overseas Indian community and celebrated once every two years.
- This day is celebrated on January 09 by the people of India.
- The day has its roots from our ‘Father of The Nation,’ Mahatma Gandhi, who was the greatest Pravasi.
- He returned from South Africa in 1915 and led the Indian freedom movement.
- Therefore, marking this day, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has celebrated this day since 2003 from January 07-09 every year.
- This practice will bring together the Indians abroad to enrich knowledge, expertise, and skills to be shared in a common platform.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs January 09
2. Rohan Bopanna, Ramkumar Ramanathan win Adelaide International tournament. Rohan Bopanna is related to which sports?
Answer: E) Tennis
- India men’s doubles pair of Rohan Bopanna and Ramkumar Ramanathan defeated top-seeded Ivan Dodig and Marcelo Melo to win the Adelaide International tournament.
- The Indian pair defeated Dodig and Melo in straight sets to win the tournament.
- Bopanna and Ramanathan defeated Dodig and Melo 7-6, 6-1 here at the Centre Court.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs January 09
3. KVG Bank joins hands with _____ to finance solar pump-sets for farmers?
C) Mecwin Technologies Ltd
Answer: C) Mecwin Technologies Ltd
- Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB), the Dharwad-headquartered regional rural bank, and the Bengaluru-based Mecwin Technologies Ltd, which is involved in the manufacture and supply of solar-powered pump-sets for farmers, signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on Saturday to introduce farmer-friendly solar-powered pump-sets using bank finance.
- Chairman of KVGB, P Gopi Krishna, said the MoU will benefit farmers since Mecwin Technologies Ltd is specialised in the production and management of solar irrigation pump-sets.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs January 09
4. Urjit Patel appointed Vice President of AIIB. He was served in which organisation?
Answer: E) RBI
- India is a founding member of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) with the second-highest voting share after China.
- It is headed by a former Chinese vice-minister for finance Jin Liqun.
- Patel, 58, will be one of the five Vice Presidents of the AIIB with a three-year tenure.
- He is expected to take over his posting next month.
- The AIIB had recently granted a USD 356.67 million loan for the expansion of the Chennai metro rail system.
- It is also considering funding several other infrastructure projects for the development of Chennai city and its suburbs.
- The bank has also funded the Bengaluru metro rail project.
5. Navrang Saini is appointed as additional charge Chairperson of _____?
Answer: A) IBBI
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs January 09
6. Which organisation fully deploys world’s most powerful telescope in space?
Answer: E) NASA
- The most powerful space telescope ever built completed a tricky two-week-long deployment phase, unfolding its final golden mirror panel, as it readies to study every phase of cosmic history.
- Engineering teams in the James Webb Space Telescope’s control room cheered as confirmation came back that its final wing was deployed and latched into place.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs January 09
7. India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier (IAC) ______ began another set of sea trials?
Answer: E) Vikrant
- India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier (IAC) Vikrant began another set of sea trials to carry out complex maneuvers in high seas ahead of its planned induction in August.
- The 40,000-tonne aircraft carrier, the largest and most complex warship to be built in India, successfully completed a five-day maiden sea voyage in August and underwent 10-day sea trials in October.
- The warship has been built at a cost of around Rs 23,000 crore and its construction propelled India into a select group of countries having capabilities to build state-of-the-art aircraft carriers.
- President Ram Nath Kovind and Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu visited the ship recently in Kochi.
- Several scientists from the Naval Science and Technological Laboratory, a DRDO facility based at Visakhapatnam, are witnessing the third phase of sea trials of Vikrant.
- The warship will operate MiG-29K fighter jets, Kamov-31 helicopters, MH-60R multi-role helicopters.
- It has over 2,300 compartments, designed for a crew of around 1700 people, including specialized cabins to accommodate women officers.
- Vikrant has a top speed of around 28 knots and a cruising speed of 18 knots with an endurance of about 7,500 nautical miles, officials said.
- The IAC is 262 meters long, 62 meters wide and it has a height of 59 meters.
- Its construction began in 2009.
- The warship has been built by Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL).
- India currently has only one aircraft carrier — INS Vikramaditya, The Indian Navy has been focusing on significantly bolstering its overall capabilities in view of China’s growing efforts to increase its military presence in the Indian Ocean Region.
8. National Health Mission in which state in collaboration with Piramal Swasthya and Cisco launched project “Niramay” to demonstrate the integration of digital health technology to strengthen the public health care delivery in the state?
D) Madhya Pradesh
E) Tamil Nadu
Answer: B) Assam
- This initiative, aims to leverage the learnings of the pilot to facilitate Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission roll out in the state in-line with envisaged national guidelines to develop digital backbone on transforming healthcare delivery in the state and nation.
- This initiative is based on Piramal Swasthya’s indigenous integrated health technology platform ‘AMRIT’.
9. Who addresses Youth Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas Conference 2022?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Jitendra Singh
C) Arjun Munda
D) V. Muraleedharan
E) Subhas Sarkar
Answer: D) V. Muraleedharan
- Minister of State for External Affairs V. Muraleedharan has said that the youth, both from India as well as Diaspora community have made a remarkable journey in innovation, technology and creativity.
- Addressing the Youth Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas Conference 2022 through video conferencing, he said, youth are playing a key role in determining the direction of where our society and the world is moving by bringing technological changes and using it in innovative ways.
10. Which city has become India’s first city to have a water metro project?
Answer: D) Kochi
- With the launch of the first in a series of battery powered electric boats, Kochi has become India’s first city to have a water metro project.
- Operated by Kochi Metro Rail Ltd, the project envisages an integrated water transport system with the development of 15 identified routes, connecting 10 islands along a network of routes that span 76 km with a fleet of 78 fast, electrically propelled hybrid ferries plying to 38 jetties.
- More than one lakh islanders will benefit from the water metro, which is designed to be a socially inclusive transport system, rather than being just a transport service, with focus on improved livelihoods through commercial property development and tourism-based initiatives.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Science and Technology