Daily Current Affairs January 06
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs January 06. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
January 06 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs January 06
1. World Day of War Orphans is observed on which date?
A) January 2
B) January 6
C) January 4
D) January 5
E) January 1
Answer: B) January 6
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs January 06
2. Which bank has started lending in Alternate Reference Rate (ARR) replacing London Inter-Bank Offered Rate (LIBOR) in line with regulatory requirements?
A) Kotak Mahindra Bank
B) Union Bank of India
C) Punjab National Bank
D) IndusInd Bank
E) Bank of Maharashtra
Answer: B) Union Bank of India
- The transition from LIBOR and the adoption of accepted Alternative Reference Rates (ARRs) developed in various jurisdictions is significant and needs careful preparation to manage potential customer protection, reputational and litigation risks as well as avoid disruptions to the safety and resilience of financial institutions and overall financial stability of the economy.
- The Alternate Reference rate includes Secured overnight financing rate (SOFR) for USD loans, Sterling Overnight Interbank Average (SONIA) for GBP loans.
3. Which payments bank, Park+ tie up to offer FASTag-based parking solutions?
A) Airtel Payments Bank.
B) India Post Payments Bank.
C) Fino Payments Bank.
D) Jio Payments Bank.
E) Paytm Payments Bank.
Answer: A) Airtel Payments Bank.
- The partnership aims to leverage the distribution reach and digital payments stack of Airtel Payments Bank to digitise the parking ecosystem using FASTag associated with the vehicle, the company said in a statement.
- Park+ operates in the area of automating parking spaces through FASTag and the majority of parking FASTag transactions in India are currently being processed through Park+ systems.
4. NPCI, which company roll out UPI Autopay for prepaid and postpaid users?
C) Payback India
D) Paypoint India
Answer: B) Jio
- Jio customers can now set standing instructions on the MyJio App using UPI Autopay for their tariff plans and have a hassle-free recharging experience.
- The Jio plan opted by the users would be auto renewed on the set date.
- Users can also create, modify as well as remove the e-mandate for the tariff plans according to their requirements through UPI Autopay.
Geojit launches platform for loan against shares:
- Geojit Credits, an NBFC, and subsidiary of Geojit Financial Services, launched its digital platform to offer loans against shares (LAS).
- The platform was formally launched by Padmaja Chunduru, Managing Director of National Securities Depository Ltd, in the presence of CJ George, Founder and Managing Director of Geojit, A Balakrishnan, Executive Director of Geojit, and Prashant Vagal, Executive Vice-President of NSDL, at a function held in Kochi.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs January 06
5. Which company ties up with CryptoWire to develop blockchain, crypto ecosystem?
B) Google Cloud
C) Tech Mahindra
E) Dell Technologies
Answer: B) Google Cloud
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs January 06
6. Which country takes over as Chair of UN Counter Terrorism Committee for 2022?
B) North Korea
Answer: E) India
- Taking over as Chair of the UN Counter Terrorism Committee for 2022, India said it will make determined efforts to further enhance its role in strengthening the multilateral response to counter terrorism.
- TS Tirumurti, India’s Permanent Representative to the UN, has taken over as Chair of the Counter Terrorism Committee for 2022.
- The Counter-Terrorism Committee of the United Nations Security Council (UN CTC), comprising all 15 members of the Security Council, was established by Resolution 1373 (2001) on 28 September 2001, in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs January 06
7. Which state/UT govt signs pact with Dubai-based LuLu group to set up food processing, logistics hub?
D) Jammu & Kashmir
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: D) Jammu & Kashmir
- The J&K government signed an MoU with the LuLu Group to set up a food processing and logistics hub in Srinagar, in the presence of Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha and LuLu group Chairman Yusuff Ali M A, an official spokesman said.
8. Which state has decided to rename the Sainik School at Mainpuri after first Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat?
D) Jammu & Kashmir
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: E) Uttar Pradesh
9. Which organization partners with GEDCOL to develop 500 MW Floating Solar Projects?
Answer: C) NHPC
- NHPC Limited, India’s premier hydropower company has signed Promoters Agreement with Green Energy Development Corporation of Odisha Ltd. (GEDCOL), a leading State PSU in the renewable energy sector in Odisha on 04th January 2022 for “Development of 500 MW Floating Solar Projects on different water bodies in Odisha”.
- The agreement was signed by Shri A. K. Singh, CMD of NHPC, and Shri Bishnupada Sethi, IAS, Chairman, OHPC & CMD, GEDCOL on 04.01.2022 in presence of Hon’ble Minister of State (Energy), Government of Odisha Sh. Dibya Shankar Mishra, Shri Biswajit Basu, Director (Projects), NHPC, Managing Director and Directors of OHPC, GRIDCO, CEO of GEDCOL and General Managers of NHPC.
10. The Central government released _____ as revenue deficit grant to 17 states?
A) Rs 3,871 crore
B) Rs 5,871 crore
C) Rs 6,871 crore
D) Rs 7,871 crore
E) Rs 9,871 crore
Answer: E) Rs 9,871 crore
- The Central government released Rs 9,871 crore as revenue deficit grant to 17 states including Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Rajasthan, Punjab and West Bengal.
- This was the 10th instalment of the Post Devolution Revenue Deficit (PDRD) grant released to the states.
- So far, an amount of Rs 98,710 crore has been released to eligible States as Post Devolution Revenue Deficit Grant in the current financial year, Union Finance Ministry said in a statement.
- The States that receive Post Devolution Revenue Deficit Grant as per the 15th Finance Commission recommendations are: Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu, Tripura, Uttarakhand and West Bengal.
11. Which state launches Student Start-ups and Innovation Policy 2.0?
D) Jammu & Kashmir
E) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A) Gujarat
- Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel announced the policy, while inaugurating the two-day International Conference on Academic Institutions at Gujarat Science City in Ahmedabad.
- This policy has a provision of setting up active innovation and incubation centres across all universities in the state.
- It intends to cover 50 lakh students across One thousand higher education institutes and 10 thousand schools of innovation and entrepreneurship.
12. The Union Cabinet approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and which country for the construction of a bridge over Mahakali River at Dharchula?
B) North Korea
Answer: E) Nepal
- The Union Cabinet approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Nepal for the construction of a bridge over Mahakali River at Dharchula.
- With the signing of MoU, diplomatic relations between the two countries will further improve, a government statement said.
- India and Nepal share unique ties of friendship and cooperation characterized by an open border and deep-rooted people-to-people contacts.
- The project is expected to further facilitate the movement of people.
Cabinet approves Agreement between India and Spain on Cooperation and Mutual Assistance in Customs Matters:
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the signing of Agreement between India and Spain on Cooperation and Mutual Assistance in Customs Matters.
- The Agreement will help in making available, reliable, quick and cost-effective information and intelligence for the prevention and investigation of Customs offences and apprehending of Customs offenders.
- The Agreement would provide a legal framework for sharing of information between the Customs authorities of the two countries and help in the proper administering of Customs laws and detection and investigation of Customs offences and the facilitation of legitimate trade.
Cabinet approves Memorandum of Understanding between India and Turkmenistan on Cooperation in the field of Disaster Management:
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Turkmenistan on Cooperation in the field of Disaster Management.
- The MoU seeks to put in place a system, whereby both India and Turkmenistan will be benefited from the Disaster Management mechanisms of each other and it will help in strengthening the areas of preparedness, response and capacity building in the field of Disaster Management.
- At present, India has signed the bilateral / multilateral Agreement / MoU / Joint Declaration of Intent / Memorandum of Cooperation for cooperation in the field of Disaster Management with Switzerland, Russian, SAARC, Germany, Japan, Tajikistan, Mongolia, Bangladesh and Italy.
Cabinet approves ₹12,000 cr phase-II of green energy corridor:
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved ₹12,000 cr intra-state transmission system-green energy corridor phase-II, Union Minister Anurag Thakur said.
- This scheme will add approximately 10,750 circuit kilometres of transmission lines and nearly 27,500 Mega Volt-Amperes transformation capacity of substations, Thakur said.
- The transmission systems will be created over a period of five year from FY22-26.
- The Central Financial Assistance (CFA) will help in offsetting the intra-state transmission charges and thus keep the power costs down.
- Thus, an official statement noted that the government support will ultimately benefit the end users — the citizens of India.
- The scheme will help in achieving the target of 450 GW installed RE capacity by 2030, the statement noted.
13. Which armed forces conducts training exercise with IAF’s Apache attack helicopters?
A) Indian Navy
C) Indian Air Force
D) Indian Army
E) Indian Coast Guard
Answer: D) Indian Army
- The Indian Army brigade under the Rising Star Corps conducted an integrated training exercise with Apache attack helicopters of the Indian Air Force (IAF), they informed.
- The Operational parameters of joint manoeuvres were successful, the Indian Army said.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy