Daily Current Affairs February 15
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs February 15. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
February 15 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs February 15
1. International Childhood Cancer Day 2022:
- February 15 is observed as the International Childhood Cancer Day (ICCD) to highlight the danger and impact of this deadly disease among children.
- It was first observed in 2002 by Childhood Cancer International (CCI), a network of over 170 organisations.
- As part of the 3 campaigns launched in 2021 for ICCD, the theme for this year is ‘Better Survival’ is achievable #throughyourhands.
- The theme is aligned with the WHO Global Initiative for Childhood Cancer (GICC).
- Last year, theme is #throughourhands
- More than 4 lakh children and adolescents below the age of 20 years are diagnosed with cancer every year.
- The chances of their survival are close to 80 % in some high-income countries, the rate of survival for such patients from low-income countries is as low as 20 %.
- As per the data of a 2017 study by the Indian Journal of Medical and Pediatric Oncology, nearly 50,000 children, adolescents in India between the age group of 0 and 19 are likely to succumb to this illness every year.
- Cancer is the 9th most common cause of death among children in the country.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs February 15
2. Leh: Kharu team wins 15th CEC Ice Hockey Championship for women:
- At NDS Indoor Ice Hockey rink ,in Leh, Kharu team won the 15th CEC Ice Hockey Championship for women, by Defeating Lalok women team by 4-1 goals.
- Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council Leh Deputy Chairman TseringAngchuk gave prizes to the finalists.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs February 01
3. Rajasthan tops solar electrification under Saubhagya: Centre
- Under the Saubhagya scheme, as many as 1,23,682 households were electrified through solar-based standalone system in Rajasthan, followed by Chhattisgarh (65,373), Uttar Pradesh (53,234), Assam (50,754), Bihar (39,100), Maharashtra (30,538), Odisha (13,735), Madhya Pradesh (12,651).
- Solar-based standalone system for electrification of households were not provided in Himachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Jammu and Kashmir (had nil beneficiaries).
- Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana – ‘Saubhagya’: was launched in October 2017 with the aim to achieve universal household electrification by providing last mile grid connectivity and electricity connections to all poor households across the country.
- So Far, 817 crore households were electrified up to March 31 last year, including 4.16 lakh through solar-based standalone systems.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs February 15
4. Policybazaar Launches AI-enabled WhatsApp bot for Smooth Claim Settlement in Group Health Insurance:
- Policybazaar has launched its AI-enabled WhatsApp chatbot to automate & expedite the claim settlement process for all its corporate clients.
- Since the launch, over 15000 users have already utilized the service for enrolling their dependents and availing claims assistance.
5. IndusInd Bank to facilitate digital transactions on e-NAM:
- IndusInd Bank has been empanelled by the Small Farmers Agri–Business Consortium (SFAC).
- To facilitate digital collection and settlement services on National Agriculture Market (e-NAM) portal for the transactions between farmers and traders across the country.
- It will offer an array of transaction services through digital modes including multi-net banking, debit card, NEFT, RTGS, IMPS and UPI to the buyer and seller of the agriculture produce.
- eNAM: Launched in 2016, with SFAC as the nodal implementing agency under the aegis of the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs February 15
6. Airtel ties up with Oracle to digitise processes:
- Bharti Airtel (Airtel) has chosen Oracle Fusion Cloud Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) & Oracle Fusion Cloud Supply Chain and Management (SCM) to digitise and simplify its finance, planning, and supply chain processes.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs February 15
7. Jio Platforms to buy 17% stake in Glance for USD 200 mln:
- RIL Group’s Jio Platforms will acquire about 17 % stake in SoftBank-backed Inmobi’s Glance platform for USD 200 million (about Rs 1,500 crore).
- The proposed deal values the company at USD 1.8 billion.
- Glance: which provides mobile lock screen content, including videos and advertisements.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs February 15
8. German president Frank-Walter Steinmeier re-elected for another term:
- German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier was re-elected for a 2nd term of 5 years by a special parliamentary assembly.
- He was elected with a big majority by a special assembly made up of the members of parliament’s lower house and representatives of Germany’s 16 states.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs February 15
9. Israel becomes first country allowing drones in civilian airspace:
- Israel’s Ministry of Transport and Road Safety has announced the country’s first certification for unmanned aircraft vehicles (UAVs) to operate in civilian airspace.
- The certification was issued by the Israeli Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) to the Hermes Starliner unmanned system, which was developed and manufactured by Elbit Systems, an Israeli defense electronics company.
- The approval will allow Elbit’s drone to fly in civilian airspace like any other civilian airliner, rather than being restricted to unsegregated airspace.
- It has a wingspan of 17 metres and weighs 1.6 ton, can fly for up to 36 hours at an altitude of about 7,600 metres, and can carry an additional 450 kg of electro-optical, thermal, radar and other payloads.
- For safety reasons, international aviation regulations prohibit uncertified aircraft from flying in civilian airspace, limiting the operation of UAVs to unsegregated airspace.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs February 15
10. World Health Organization (WHO) launches Quit Tobacco App:
- WHO launched ‘Quit Tobacco App’ to help people kick the cigarette butt and give up the use of tobacco in all forms – including smokeless and other newer products.
- The App was launched by Poonam Khetrapal Singh, Regional Director, WHO South-East Asia Region.
- It was launched during WHO’s year-long ‘Commit to quit’ campaign, is the latest tobacco control initiative by the WHO South-East Asia Region.
- It is the world’s leading cause of preventable death and kills nearly 8 million persons every year.
- It claims 1.6 million lives in the WHO South-East Asia Region which is amongst the largest producers and consumers of tobacco products.
- Tobacco use is a major risk factor for non-communicable diseases (NCD) including cancers, cardiovascular diseases, chronic lung diseases and diabetes.
- To reduce NCD burden, countries have been accelerating the implementation of the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control and MPOWER package
- A set of 6 cost-effective & high impact measures to reduce demand & supply of tobacco and tackle the tobacco epidemic.
- As per the WHO Global Report on Trends in Prevalence of Tobacco Use 2000-2025 (4th edition, 2021) WHO South-East Asia Region recorded the fastest decline in tobacco use but continued to have the highest 432 million tobacco users, or 29% of its population.
- The Region has 266 million smokeless tobacco users of the 355 million globally.
- Thailand was the first in Asia to implement Plain Packaging.
- Timor-Leste, Nepal, Maldives, India, and Sri Lanka have implemented large-sized graphic health warnings on tobacco packs.
- Six countries have banned ENDS (electronic cigarettes).
- Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, and Sri Lanka are working towards moving tobacco farmers away from growing tobacco.
- Bhutan, Nepal, Maldives, Sri Lanka, and Timor-Leste have established and scaled-up tobacco cessation services.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs February 15
11. MNRE conducts program on Renewable Energy as ‘New Frontiers’, from Feb 16th -18th Feb 2022.
- The Ministry of New & Renewable Energy is conducting a program on Renewable Energy namely “New Frontiers” as part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations.
- The Ministry will conduct “India’s Leadership in Energy Transition” event at Vigyan Bhawan.
- Union Minister for Power and New and Renewable Energy,R.K. Singh and Minister of State for New and Renewable Energy, Bhagwant Khuba will give special address.
- A video on “Citizen-Centric Energy Transition – The India Story”, including the highlights of Energy Compacts will be played.
- Industry Leaders who have submitted their Energy Compacts (EC) will be felicitated by the Minister & Minister of State.
- Energy Compacts (EC) booklet also has been launched.
- The Ministry will organize 3 webinars, on “Women in RE- Call for Action”, “Role of ISA in Energy Transition”, and “Role of clean-tech start-ups and climate entrepreneurs in providing clean and affordable energy”.
- Meeting on “Roadmap to achieve net-zero carbon emissions by 2070” will also be organized.
12. PM to address TERI’s World Sustainable Development Summit:
- PM Narendra Modi will deliver the inaugural address at “The Energy and Resources Institute’s” (TERI) 21st edition of World Sustainable Development Summit.
- The 3 days World Sustainable Development Summit is TERI’s annual flagship event which will be held from February 16th to 18th.
- “For over 20 years, this summit has successfully garnered varied views on sustainable development and climate action through brainstorming deliberations aimed at sensitizing political establishments and civil society to act.
- so far,It has been hosted over 25,000 delegates in this series of the summit.
- Towards a Resilient Planet: Ensuring a Sustainable and Equitable Future”.
13. Government bans 54 Chinese apps posing threat to national security:
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has issued the list of banned apps.
- These include Beauty Camera: Sweet Selfie HD, Beauty Camera – Selfie Camera, Equalizer & Bass Booster, CamCard for SalesForce Ent, Isoland 2: Ashes of Time Lite, Viva Video Editor, Tencent Xriver, Onmyoji Chess, Onmyoji Arena, AppLock and Dual Space Lite to name a few.
- The list of 54 apps includes some of those that been had been banned by the government earlier but were rebranded and relaunched under new names.
14. LAHDC, Leh launches new scheme Kunsnyoms for differently-abled persons:
- Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council, Leh has launched a new scheme Kunsnyoms for differently-abled persons in the district.
- Kunsnyoms : meant Equal for All, Fair for All, aims inclusive and accessible Ladakh.
- Under the new scheme, Leh Hill council is providing assistive devices, technologies to needy people at 90 % subsidy.
- Launching the new scheme, LAHDC Leh Chief Executive Councillor and Chairman Mr. TashiGyalson and his executive councilors have handed over 28 tri scooters, battery-run wheelchair, walking aids and other aids required for special needs of the individuals.
15. Indian Railways to set up biggest, world-class Wrestling academy in Delhi:
- Railway Ministry had committed wrestlers of Indian Railways to provide a world class wrestling academy at the earliest, In line with PM Modi’s vision to offer the best sports facilities to sportspersons.
- In a bid to fulfill the commitment to set up a state-of-art wrestling academy in Indian Railways, work has been sanctioned by the ministry to establish the same at Kishanganj, Delhi.
- Estimated cost of the academy, Rs 30.76 crores.
- According to the Railway Ministry, this wrestling academy will be the biggest in India, equipped with advanced training facilities.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Science and Technology