Daily Current Affairs February 07
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs February 07. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
February 07 | Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs February 07
1. International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation 2022:
- International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation is an awareness event that seeks to end this abusive practice.
- The event takes place on February 6, every year.
- Theme: Accelerating Investment to End Female Genital Mutilation.
- It was announced by the UN Secretary-General António Guterres this month.
- UNGA , in 2012, established February 6 as the International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation.
- FMG is practised in many African nations, Southern Kurdistan, Yemen, the Middle East, Indonesia, and Mumbai in India, among other places.
- Since the 1970s, there have been efforts to discourage practitioners of FMG by highlighting the harmful effects such as chronic urinary infections, menstrual problems, persistent pain, severe bleeding, development of cysts and childbirth complications, among others.
- Togolese native Fauziya Kassindja’s narrow escape from becoming a victim of genital mutilation and subsequently receiving asylum in the United States highlighted the issue in the mid-1990s.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs February 07
2. Rohan Bopanna, Ramkumar Ramanathan win Maharashtra Open, defeat top seeds Aussies in final:
- Rohan Bopanna and Ramkumar Ramanathan claimed the doubles title of the Maharashtra Open 2022 at the Balewadi Stadium.
- The Indian duo defeated Australian top seeds Luke Saville and John-Patrick Smith by 7-6 (10), 3-6, 6-10 for their second ATP Tour title.
- The summit clash lasted for a titanic one hour and 45 minutes.
- Bopanna-Ramanathan had earlier won the Adelaide international title in January.
- This was Ramkumar Ramanathan’s second ATP Tour title after the Adelaide international while it was a 21st ATP Tour trophy for veteran Rohan Bopanna.
- The Indian duo sealed their berth in the final after defeating the French pair of Sadio Doumbia and Fabien Reboul by making a sensational comeback in the tie-breaker to wrap up the match 4-6, 6-4, 12-10.
- The semi-final clash lasted for one hour and 27 minutes.
- Finland’s Emil Ruusuvuori and Joao Sousa of Portugal will face each other for the singles title.
3. Senegal wins first-ever Africa Cup of Nations title:
- Senegal are the new kings of African football as the Teranga Lions won the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) title beating Egypt in the final on penalties.
- The final ended 0-0 after 120 minutes with a major opportunity coming from a penalty for Senegal that was missed by Sadio Mane just seven minutes into the match.
- Senegal’s most precious player and forward Mane scored the winning spot-kick as Senegal beat Egypt 4-2 on penalties to win their first-ever AFCON trophy.
- After reaching the AFCON final in 2002 and 2019 and losing, Senegal restored their reputation on the African football scene with the victory at the Olembe Stadium in Cameroon’s capital city of Yaounde.
4. India win first ODI against West Indies by six wickets in Ahmedabad:
- India beat West Indies by six wickets in the first one-day international at Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad.
- With the help of Captain Rohit Sharma’s 60 runs off 51 balls, hosts achieved the target of 177 runs in just 28 overs.
- Men in Blue are now one up in three-match ODI series.
- Earlier, the visitors were bowled out for 176 in 43.5 overs.
- For visitors, top scorer was Jason Holder, who scored 57 runs off 71 balls. Yuzvendra Chahal took four wickets while Washington Sundar bagged three wickets for India. Prasidh Krishna claimed two wickets and Mohammed Siraj got one.
- Earlier, India won the toss and opted to bowl.
- Though India became the first team in One-day Cricket history to play 1000 ODI matches, the team mourning the sad demise of legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar.
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs February 07
5. Eminent Odissi classical singer Pandit Damodar Hota dies at 87:
- Eminent Odissi classical singer Pandit Damodar Hota died.
- The renowned Hindustani vocalist from Odisha was born on December 25, 1935 in Puri.
- Pandit Hota was trained in Odissi classical music by his father Gopinath Hota.
- He later received training in Odissi and Hindustani classical music from Guru Nrusinghanatha Khuntia, while Guru Kashinath Barika taught him to master tabla and mardala.
- Under scholarship from Odisha Sangeet Natak Akademi, Hota also trained under Pandit Omkarnath Thakur and Pandit Balwantrai Bhatt.
- Pandit Hota earned a PhD degree from the Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya Mandal in Mumbai.
- His research on Odissi classical music in the 1960s was considered ”ground-breaking” as it revealed the historical roots, distinct ragas, talas, and lakshyanas of the genre.
- The Odisha Sangeet Natak Akademi honoured Pandit Hota with Kabi Samrat Upendra Bhanja Award.
7. Former Greek president Christos Sartzetakis dies aged 92:
- Former Greek President Christos Sartzetakis has died.
- Sartzetakis held the largely ceremonial post of president of Greece from 1985 to 1990, a politically tumultuous time in the country.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs February 07
8. India leads in digital skills readiness: Survey
- In India as high as 72 per cent of respondents say they are actively learning digital skills now to prepare themselves for the future of work.
- As many as 66 per cent of the respondents also said they feel equipped with resources to learn digital skills, according to Salesforce’s Global Digital Skills Index that sums up global employee sentiments and readiness to acquire the key digital skills needed by business today and over the next five years.
- The index is based on a survey of over 23,500 workers in 19 countries, with an average global readiness score of 33 out of 100.
- Globally, skills in collaboration technology, such as Slack, are viewed as the most important skills needed by businesses today with only 25 per cent of respondents with advanced collaboration technology skills needed specifically for the workplace.
- Digital marketing has been ranked as the top workplace skill with only 39 per cent of the respondents ratig their workplace digital marketing skills level as advanced.
- Globally, 51 per cent of the respondents and in India, 54 per cent of the respondents want to learn new skills to help them grow their current career.
- By harnessing the potential of existing workforces, businesses can speed up progress towards closing their skills gaps.
- The index also reveals that globally, younger respondents have greater confidence and ambition to learn new skills — over one-third of Gen Z are actively learning and training for skills needed over the next five years.
- In India, Baby Boomers are leading the way with 83 per cent of respondents actively learning and training for skills needed now.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs February 07
11. RBL Bank partners with Creditas Solutions:
- RBL Bank has partnered with Creditas Solutions, a global technology company in the field of delinquency management, for its ‘Neo Collections’ platform.
- RBL Bank will utilise the SaaS-based platform to accelerate efficiency in collections across the loan cycle.
- It will enable the Bank to offer its customers a convenient, seamless and a non-intrusive repayment experience.
- Powered by cuttingedge AI and ML technology.The platform can also determine the best course of action for every customer by offering highly customised payment plans to service debt, schedule an EMI plan or opt for payment resolution options.
12. SBI General Insurance supports CanKids to provide cancer care for children:
- On World Cancer Day, SBI General joined hands with CanKids, an NGO working across the entire spectrum of childhood cancer care.
- This partnership will help the children suffering from cancer with medical facilities.
- According to the Indian Cancer Society, more than 50,000 new childhood cancer cases are added every year in India.
13. SIDBI Signs MoU with CDAC to strengthen Cyber Security capabilities:
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) signed a MOU with the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), a premier R&D organization under the Ministry of Electronics and IT.
- To explore innovation and use of emerging technologies in the areas of Cyber Security, AI/ML, block chain, etc. and related training and capacity building aspects in the Banking Sector.
- The MoU was signed by Shri Sudatta Mandal, Deputy Managing Director, SIDBI, and Shri Magesh E, Executive Director, C-DAC.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs February 07
14. L&T, Microsoft team up for cloud computing, infra services:
- Larsen & Toubro signed a MoU with Microsoft for the development of cloud computing and infrastructure services for regulated sector customers
- As per the MoU, the two companies have agreed to set up a joint governance group to define future platform designs, investments, and commercial/business models to service the regulated sectors’ emerging technology requirements.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs February 07
17. ICICI Bank raises stake in GIFT City clearing corp IICC to 9.9%:
- ICICI Bank bought additional stake in India International Clearing Corporation (IICC) at IFSC in GIFT City for Rs 4.43 crore, taking its holding in the clearing body to 9.90 per cent.
- As many as 44,262,356 equity shares at Re 1 per share were allotted to ICICI Bank on February 2, 2022 for a cash consideration of Rs 44.3 million (Rs 4.43 crore).
- “After investment, ICICI Bank’s shareholding increased from 7.61 per cent to 9.90 per cent of the equity share capital of IICC,”.
- IICC was incorporated at GIFT City, IFSC in Gandhinagar in Gujarat in September 2016. Its revenues in FY21 were Rs 1.8 crore (Rs 18 million), and there was loss to the tune of Rs 3 crore (Rs 30 million).
- IICC is the first international clearing corporation set up at GIFT IFSC (International Financial Services Centre).
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs February 07
18. Akshay Kumar appointed as Uttarakhand’s brand ambassador after his meeting with CM Pushkar Singh Dhami:
- Bollywood star Akshay Kumar has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Uttarakhand.
19. Dinesh Prasad Saklani, history professor at HNB Garhwal University, is the new NCERT director:
- Dinesh Prasad Saklani, a professor of history at the HNB Garhwal University, was appointed as the director of the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) for five years.
- He succeeds Hrushikesh Senapaty, who finished his term over a year ago.
- NCERT is an autonomous institution under the Ministry of Education (MoE) that is tasked with advising the Union government on school curriculum and drafting school textbooks.
- NCERT textbooks are taught in all schools affiliated to CBSE and also adopted by over 20 states.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs February 07
20. CII presents DX 2021 award to Karnataka Bank:
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) awarded the prestigious Digital Transformation award, ‘DX 2021’ to Karnataka Bank.
- The award is in recognition of best practices in digital transformation, including the ‘KBL Vikaas’.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs February 07
21. IIT Madras establishes Inter-disciplinary Water Management & Policy Centre to solve water problems in India:
- IIT Madras has established an Inter-disciplinary Water Management & Policy Centre to solve water problems in India.
- Called ‘AquaMAP,’ the Centre is being established with support from IIT Madras Alumni who are providing a seed grant commitment of ₹3 crore.
- IIT Madras Alumni – Parasuram Balasubramanian, CEO, Theme Work Analytics and Krishnan Narayanan, President, itihaasa Research and Digital – have supported this initiative in the form of a seed grant commitment for two years and help in crafting the five-year plan.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs February 07
22. Maldives launches visa free entry for Indian businesspersons:
- Maldives has initiated the process of granting Indian Nationals visa free entry for business purposes, for a period not exceeding the visa free period of 90 days beginning February 1.
- This is stipulated in the Agreement on the Facilitation of Visa Arrangements between the Government of Maldives and the Government of India signed in December 2018.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs February 07
23. J&K becomes first UT to be integrated with national single window system:
- Jammu and Kashmir has become the first Union Territory to be integrated with the national single window system as Lt Governor Manoj Sinha launched the J&K single-window portal, integrating it with the national single-window system.
- While 130 industrial services have been made online on a single-window system, over 160 more services would be integrated this year.
- In January last year, the Jammu and Kashmir administration announced a new industrial developmental scheme (IDS) with a total outlay of Rs 28,400 crore to encourage new investment and to take industrial development to the block level.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Acquisitions and Mergers
Science and Technology