Daily Current Affairs December 08
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs December 08. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
December 08 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs December 08
1. South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Charter Day is observed on which date?
A) December 2
B) December 8
C) December 4
D) December 5
E) December 1
Answer: B) December 8
- As mentioned in its charter, the prime focus of SAARC is to work collectively to promote the welfare of people in the region and to improve their standard of living through social progress and economic development.
- The aim of SAARC members is to promote stability, peace and progress in the region. SAARC has organised 18 summits since 1985.
- These specialised bodies promote regional cooperation by SAARC members in various fields.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs December 08
2. Which state to host Para-Badminton National championship?
D) Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A) Odisha
- Bhagat, who won India’s first-ever badminton gold at the Paralympics and was also awarded the Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award, will be the star attraction in the event.
- The tournament will also see the participation of Tokyo gold medallist Krishna Nagar from SH 6 category, Tokyo silver medallist Suha Yathiraj, Paralympic bronze winner Manoj Sarkar, Sukant Kadam, Parul Parmar, Manasi Joshi, Palak Kohli, Tarun Dhillon, Prem Kumar Ale, Raj Kumar among others.
Obituary – Daily Current Affairs December 08
3. Bipin Rawat passed away. He was related to which field?
A) Defence Staff General
Answer: A) Defence Staff General
Our correspondent takes a look at illustrious career of General Bipin Rawat:
- General Bipin Rawat was an alumnus of National Defence Academy, Defence Services Staff College and National Defence College.
- He was commissioned on 16th December in 1978 into the Fifth Battalion of the Eleventh Gorkha Rifles of the Infantry, the Battalion which was Commanded by his father.
- Bipin Rawat had also commanded a Multinational Brigade in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- As an Army Commander, he commanded a theatre of operations along the Western Front and was appointed the Vice Chief of the Army Staff before assuming office of Chief of the Army Staff.
- The General was the Chief of the Army Staff from 31st December 2016 to 31st December 2019.
- As a first Chief of Defence Staff Bipin Rawat assumed the charge on 1st January 2020.
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs December 08
4. What is the rank of Nirmala Sitharaman in the Forbes’ rankings of 100 most powerful women of the world?
Answer: D) 37
- This year, Sitharaman is ranked at 37th position, up from 41 last year.
- In 2019, she held the 34th spot in the Forbes ranking of 100 most powerful women.
- This year she was two spots ahead of her American counterpart, Janet Yellen.
- Besides Sitharaman, the Indians who made it to the list include HCL Corporation CEO Roshni Nadar Malhotra (52); Biocon Executive Chairperson Kiran Mazumdar Shaw (72), and Nykaa Founder Falguni Nayar made her debut and was featured at number 88.
|52||Roshni Nadar Malhotra|
|72||Kiran Mazumdar Shaw|
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs December 08
5. India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is expected to grow by _____ per cent and consumer price inflation is projected to remain at ____ per cent in the current financial year, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said?
A) 9.5, 5.3
B) 9.5, 8.3
C) 7.5, 3.3
D) 9.5, 5.3
E) 3.5, 2.3
Answer: A) 9.5, 5.3
6. In pact with NPCI, which bank launches ‘On-the-Go’ wearable keychain for debit card customers?
A) SBM Bank India
B) IndusInd Bank
C) City Union Bank
D) HDFC Bank
E) Kotak Mahindra Bank
Answer: C) City Union Bank
- City Union Bank (CUB), in collaboration with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and its manufacturing partner Seshaasai, has announced the launch of RuPay On-the-Go contactless wearable keychain for its debit card customers.
- This On-the-Go solution allows the bank’s customers to carry payment cards on their keychains, making for fast and convenient payments up to ₹5,000 at all Rupay-enabled point of sale devices (PoS) without entering a PIN.
- Customers would be required to hold the keychain in front of the PoS devices during payment, similar to tapping the card.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs December 08
7. Xiomara Castro is appointed as first female president of which country?
Answer: B) Honduras
Awards – Daily Current Affairs December 08
8. Ash Barty win WTA Player of the Year for the second time. She won this award first time in which year?
Answer: E) 2019
9. Who won Bharat Ratan DR APJ Abdul Kalam Award 2021?
1) Udit Narayan
2) Krishna Kumar
3) Anu Malik
A) Only 1
B) Only 2
C) Only 3
D) Only 1 & 2
E) Only 1 & 3
Answer: E) Only 1 & 3
- The two stalwarts of music world, composer Anu Malik and singer Udit Narayan, have said they felt ‘honoured’ on receiving the Bharat Ratan DR APJ Abdul Kalam Award 2021
- Known for his velvety voice, singer Udit Narayan also said, “I have been a recipient of Bharat Nirmaan Foundation, and now Bharat Ratan by the name of AJP Abdul Kalam Ji, I am honoured and privileged to receive this. Thank you everyone.”
10. Konkani writer Damodar Mauzo conferred with ___ Gyanpeeth Award?
Answer: C) 57th
- Renowned Konkani writer Damodar Mauzo has been conferred with 57th Gyanpeeth Award for the year 2022.
- Noted Assamese poet Nilmani Phookan has bagged 56th Gyanpeeth award for the year 2021.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs December 08
11. Which organisation selects Indian-origin physician Anil Menon as one of astronauts for future missions?
Answer: E) NASA
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs December 08
12. Air version of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile was successfully test-fired from the supersonic fighter aircraft ________ from Integrated Test Range, Chandipur off the coast of Odisha?
A) Sukhoi 20 MK-I
B) Sukhoi 30 MK-I
C) Sukhoi 40 MK-I
D) Sukhoi 50 MK-I
E) Sukhoi 70 MK-I
Answer: B) Sukhoi 30 MK-I
13. Which organisation announced the launch of ‘e-Sawaari India Electric Bus Coalition’ in partnership with Convergence Energy Service Ltd (CESL) and World Resources Institute, India (WRI India), with support from Transformative Urban Mobility Initiative (TUMI)?
E) NITI Aayog
Answer: E) NITI Aayog
14. Which state govt inks 2 MoUs with TANSIDCO, TAICO bank to support MSMEs?
B) Tamil Nadu
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: B) Tamil Nadu
- The Tamil Nadu Small Industries Development Corporation Limited (TANSIDCO).
- Tamilnadu Industrial Cooperative Bank
15. The Union Cabinet approved continuation of Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana (Rural) for another ____ years?
Answer: C) 3
- A government spokesperson said the extension of the scheme will help in construction of remaining 155.75 lakh houses.
- It will help achieve target of 2.95 crore ‘pucca’ houses.
16. Who releases report on Localization of SDGs through Panchayati Raj Institutions?
A) Sandhosh Kumar
B) Dharmendra Pradhan
C) Devusinh Chauhan
D) Giriraj Singh
E) Jitendra Singh
Answer: D) Giriraj Singh
17. Ministry of Rural Development, which company sign agreement to empower SHGs producers through Samarth programme?
E) Tata Motors
Answer: B) Flipkart
- In a written reply in Lok Sabha, Minister of State for Rural Development Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti said, as on 30th of last month, 36 SHGs have been registered on Flipkart and 11 products are listed for sale.
- The minister said, SHG members and Clusters will be provided training support for on-boarding products and also will get waiver of all commission charges for selling on the platform for a period of 6 months.
18. NMCG and c-Ganga organize ___ India Water Impact Summit in hybrid mode?
Answer: B) 6th
- The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) alongwith the Centre for Ganga River Basin Management and Studies (c-Ganga) are organizing the 6th edition of the India Water Impact Summit (IWIS) from 9th December to 14th December 2021.
- The summit is being organized in a hybrid mode – online and physically at the NMCG office, New Delhi and IIT, Kanpur.
- The IWIS 2021 is a five-day event and this year’s theme is ‘River Resources Allocation “Planning and Management at the Regional Level”.
19. The Kazhuveli wetland located near Villupuram in which state has been declared a bird sanctuary by the Environment, Climate Change and Forest Department, and will henceforth be called the ‘Kazhuveli Birds Sanctuary’?
B) Tamil Nadu
D) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: B) Tamil Nadu
- The 5,151.60 hectares of land in Vanur and Marakkanam taluks will be the 16th bird sanctuary in Tamil Nadu.
- According to a notification issued by the government, the proposal by the Principal Chief Conservator of Forest and Chief Wild Life Warden Shekar Kumar Niraj was accepted by Environment and Forest Secretary Surpiya Sahu.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Science and Technology