Daily Current Affairs August 30
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs August 30. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
August 30| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Ranking – Daily Current Affairs August 30
1. Gautam Adani became ___ richest person according to Bloomberg Billionaires Index?
Answer: C) 3rd
|Bloomberg Billionaires Index|
|1st||Elon Musk-USD 251 billion|
|2nd||Jeff Bezos-USD 153 billion|
|3rd||Gautam Adani-USD 137.4 billion (1st Asian)|
|11th||Mukesh Ambani-USD 91.9 billion|
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs August 30
2. RBI imposed penalty on how many cooperative Banks?
Answer: E) 8
- The Reserve Bank has imposed penalty on eight cooperative banks.
- A penalty of Rs 10 lakh has been imposed on Bharat Heavy Electricals Employees’ Co-operative Bank, Kailasapuram, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu; Rs 5 lakh on The Ottapalam Co-operative Urban Bank Ltd,Ottapalam, Palakkad District, Kerala; and Rs 10 lakh on The Darussalam Co-operative Urban Bank, Hyderabad, Telangana.
- RBI said a Rs 55 lakh penalty has been imposed on The Visakhapatnam Co-operative Bank, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh for violation of directions related to ‘income recognition, asset classification, provisioning’ and finance for housing schemes.
- The RBI has also imposed a fine of Rs 10 lakh each on The Nellore Co-operative Urban Bank Limited, Gandhi Nagar, Nellore District, Andhra Pradesh and Kakinada Co-operative Town Bank Ltd, Kakinada, East Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh.
- Besides, Rs 1 lakh fine has been imposed on The Kendrapara Urban Cooperative Bank, Kendrapara and Rs 5 lakh on the National Urban Co-operative Bank Limited, Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs August 30
3. Indian economy can touch USD 20 trillion by which year?
Answer: A) 2047
- Indian economy’s size will touch USD 20 trillion by 2047 provided the annual average growth is 7-7.5 percent in the next 25 years, Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM) Chairman Bibek Debroy.
- Releasing ‘The Competitiveness Roadmap for India@100’, Debroy also said the country’s annual per capita income will be over USD 10,000 if the country grows at an average economic growth rate of 7-7.5 percent in the next 25 years.
- According to him, India will also be among the high human development category countries by 2047.
- India, which is the world’s sixth largest economy with a GDP of USD 2.7 trillion, is currently classified as a developing nation.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has set an ambitious target of making India a developed nation by 2047.
4. Sebi penalised how many lakhs on Aadhaar VenturesIndia Ltd and its directors?
A) Rs 15 lakhs
B) Rs 25 lakhs
C) Rs 35 lakhs
D) Rs 20 lakhs
E) Rs 30 lakhs
Answer: B) Rs 25 lakhs
- Capital markets regulator Sebi levied fines totalling Rs 25 lakh on Aadhaar Ventures India Ltd and its directors for violating insider trading rules and listing conditions.
- The regulator imposed a fine of Rs 10 lakh on Aadhaar Ventures India Ltd (AVIL), its directors — JilsRaichand Madan, SomabhaiSunderbhai Meena and Jyoti Munver(to be paid jointly and severally) for disclosure lapses.
- It also levied a penalty of Rs 5 lakh on AVIL and Meena (to be paid jointly and severally) for flouting insider trading norms.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs August 30
5. Who among the following appointed as Chief Operating Officerof ICGA Foundation?
A) Harsh Shah
B) Suveera Shah
C) Harsh Dhup
E) Dhup Shah
Answer: D) SuveeraDhup
- Company: Indian Cancer Genome Atlas (ICGA) Foundation
- Position: Chief Operating Officer
- Appointed: Dr. SuveeraDhup
6. Who among the following appointed as CEO of IndiGrid Investment Managers?
A) Harsh Shah
B) Suveera Shah
C) Harsh Dhup
E) Dhup Shah
Answer: A) Harsh Shah
- Company: IndiGrid Investment Managers
- Position: Chief executive officer and whole-time director
- Appointed: Harsh Shah
Awards – Daily Current Affairs August 30
7. Which of the following state CMwill be honoured with Capital Foundation Life Time Achievement Award?
A) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: C) Odisha
- Award: Capital Foundation Life Time Achievement Award
- To: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik
- By: Capital Foundation Society
- Conferred by: Chief Justice of India NV Ramana and Justice A K Patnaik
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs August 30
8. Reliance will develop 5G smartphone with who among the following?
Answer: D) Google
- India’s telecom leader Reliance is working with Alphabet Inc’s Google to launch a budget 5G phone as it laid out a $25 billion plan for introducing the next-generation wireless services within two months.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs August 30
9. Who among the following confirmed successful trials of enhanced range Pinaka rockets in Pokhran, Balasore?
A) Indian Air Force
B) Indian Army
D) Indian Navy
Answer: E) DRDO
- Trials of the Made-in-India enhanced Pinaka Rockets were successfully conducted at Balasore and Pokhran over the past few weeks, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- Manufacturers of the system- Munitions India Ltd and Economic Explosives Limited – met user requirements at trials’ completion.
- The Advanced Towed Artillery Gun System (ATAGS) has been developed by the DRDO and produced by two firms Bharat Forge and Tata Advanced Systems Limited.
- The gun is expected to be the mainstay of the Indian Army tower howitzer fleet and may also be used to replace the Bofors howitzers.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs August 30
10. IITs abroad may be called ‘Indian International Institute of Technology’, in which year IIT founded?
A) May 1951
B) June 1950
C) May 1952
D) June 1951
E) May 1950
Answer: E) May 1950
- The offshore campuses of IITs may be named as ”India International Institute of Technology” and faculty members from the prestigious technology institutes here may be sent on deputation abroad.
- While the IITs abroad may be free to decide the student strength, the percentage of Indian students in those institutes will have to be less than 20 per cent.
11. Over how many metric tonnes of wheat dispatched so far to Afghanistan?
A) 40000 metric tonnes
B) 35000 metric tonnes
C) 30000 metric tonnes
D) 25000 metric tonnes
E) 20000 metric tonnes
Answer: A) 40000 metric tonnes
- India has dispatched over 40,000 metric tonnes of wheat to Afghanistan so far, ensuring its position as a contiguous neighbour and long-standing partner of Kabul.
- At a United Nations Security Council, the country’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations Ruchira Kamboj highlighted the historical and civilisational linkages to the Afghan people.
- India has dispatched several shipments of humanitarian assistance to Afghanistan.
- This includes 32 tonnes of medical assistance in 10 batches, which include — essential life-saving medicines, anti-TB medicines and 50,0000 doses of COVID-19 vaccines.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs August 30
12. NABH signed pact for improving quality of maternity services, where is the headquarters of NABH?
C) New Delhi
Answer: C) New Delhi
- To advance the government’s vision of improving the quality of maternity services, Federation of Obstetricians and Gynaecological Societies of India (FOGSI) has collaborated with the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH), India’s apex body for accreditation and quality promotion.
- This collaboration will ensure ‘One Nation One Standard’, where maternity service providers will be jointly assessed by the two entities.
- FOGSI president Dr S Shantha Kumari said embedding standards for quality of care in health systems holds great potential in reducing maternal mortality and achieving the health-related SDG targets.
- However, in India, despite an increase in the number of maternity hospitals, maternal mortality remains alarmingly high, suggesting gaps in quality of care.
- Also, with around 50 per cent of Indian women delivering in private maternity hospitals, there is an urgent need for the adoption of clinical standards by the obstetric community.
13. How many kilometer tunnel on Banihal-Katra rail link completed?
A) 7.6 km
B) 8.9 km
C) 8.4 km
D) 6.7 km
E) 9.8 km
Answer: E) 9.8 km
- The 9.8 km tunnel connecting two stations on the 111 km under-construction Banihal-Katra railway link in Jammu and Kashmir has been completed.
- It is part of the Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla Railway Line (USBRL) project.
- This is the third tunnel following the 12.6 km tunnel T-49B, the longest tunnel of Indian Railways, which was completed in January this year.
14. Oberoi Hotels will invest Rs 1,500 crore in which of the following state?
A) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: A) Andhra Pradesh
- Luxury hotel chain Oberoi Group plans to invest Rs 1,500 crore in setting up various projects in Andhra Pradesh.
- Oberoi Group President and Chief Operating Officer Rajaraman Shankar called on Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy.
- Oberoi Group has come forward to invest Rs 1,500 crore, thereby directly providing employment and employment opportunities to 1,500 people and 11,000 people indirectly.
- The group is to build all hotels with seven-star facilities.
- In this regard, the Chief Minister directed the officials to provide all necessary permissions for Oberoi projects in the state under a single-window system.
15. BPCL targets net zero, 10 GW of renewable energy by which year?
Answer: D) 2040
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd, India’s second-largest oil refining and fuel retailing firm, plans to scale up its renewable energy portfolio to 10 GW by 2040 – the year it is targeting net-zero carbon emission, chairman Arun Kumar Singh.
- In the renewable energy space, BPCL plans to scale up its portfolio from less than 50 megawatts today to 1 gigawatt (GW) by 2025 and 10 GW by 2040.
- The firm has also decided to expand its reach and presence in the non-fuel business to offer consumables, durables and services by leveraging its pan-India network of over 20,000 fuel stations and more than 6,200 LPG distributors.
- BPCL plans to extend this facility across 200 highway corridors with around 2,000 retail outlets in 2022-23.
- The company has planned two new petchem projects at Bina and Kochi refineries.
16. Public sector contributedhow many percent to national income?
Answer: B) 20%
- The public sector contributes only 20 per cent to the national income, but accounts for nearly 40 per cent of the total wages, a report by a domestic ratings agency.
- The average share of the public sector in gross value addition for the ten years ending FY21 is 19.2 per cent but the share in wages is 39.2 per cent, India Ratings and Research said in an analysis based on gross value added (GVA) data released by the National Statistical Office.
- The share of the private sector in GVA and wages is “more evenly balanced”, the agency said, pointing out that it accounts for 35.2 per cent of the wages while its contribution to GVA is 36.3 per cent for the same period.
- The agency’s report said nominal wages grew at a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.4 per cent, while return on capital grew at a CAGR of 8.8 per cent during FY12-FY21.
- CAGR of 13.2 per cent in the private sector, followed by the public sector at 10 per cent and the household sector recorded the slowest wage growth at a CAGR of 7.2 per cent.
- From a returns on capital growth perspective, the household sector was the fastest at 9.1 per cent during the same period, followed by the private sector at 8.9 per cent, while the public sector was lowest at 6.2 per cent.
- The nominal wage growth slowed down to 6.1 per cent during FY17-FY21 from 11.9 per cent during FY12-FY16, impacting consumption demand.
- The same is clearly visible in the nominal private final consumption expenditure (PFCE) growth which declined to 7.2 per cent during FY17-FY21 from 13.4 per cent during FY12-FY16.
- More importantly the household sector, which accounts for 44.5 per cent of the GVA, saw their nominal wage growth declining to 5.7 per cent during FY17-FY21 from 8.2 per cent during FY12-FY16, the agency said, adding both wage growth and PFCE growth turned negative in the COVID-19-impacted year of FY21.
17. How many programmes held with aim to provide employment opportunities to youth?
Answer: D) 6000
- Union MSME Minister Narayan Rane said over one lakh 75 thousand educated and unemployed youth have been trained under the Skill Development programmeby the National Institute of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises-NIMSME in Hyderabad.
- He said over 6 thousand programmes have been held with an aim to provide employment opportunities to youth.
- Addressing after inaugurating the Diamond Jubilee celebrations of the Hyderabad based NIMSME virtually, the minister said the institute has trained over 5 lakh 45 thousand government employees of various states as part of diamond jubilee celebrations.
- Minister of state for MSME, Pratap Singh Verma laid foundation stone for the diamond jubilee building at the institute.
18. NABARD allocated Rs 230 crore for rural infra projects in which of the following state?
A) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: E) Mizoram
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has approved an allocation of Rs 230 crore for rural infrastructure projects in Mizoram.
- KVSSLV Prasada Rao, General Manager, Mizoram regional office, handed over a letter from the Chairman NABARD informing allocation of Rs 230 crore under RIDF XXVIII for sanctioning of rural infrastructure projects in Mizoram.
19. Which of the following state Government approved 10 industrial projects of worth Rs 2,005 crores?
A) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: C) Odisha
- In a bid to create new employment and additional livelihood avenues through industrialization, State Level Single Window Clearance Authority headed by Odisha Chief Secretary Suresh Chandra Mahapatra approved 10 industrial projects worth Rs 2,005.89 crores.
- The project will generate directed employment opportunities for over 3,545 people in the State.
- Besides, the projects would also create a number of indirect earning opportunities for the people in their respective areas of location.
Over All Review
Banking and Finance
Business And Economy
Science and Technology