Daily Current Affairs August 27& 28
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs August 27& 28. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
August 27& 28| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Sports – Daily Current Affairs August 27& 28
1. Neeraj Chopra became ____ Indian to won Lausanne Diamond League title?
Answer: B) 1st
- Olympic champion javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra scripted history as he became the first Indian to clinch a Diamond League Meeting title by winning the Lausanne leg.
- The youngster from Khandra village near Panipat in Haryana became the first Indian to win a Diamond League crown.
- Before Chopra, discus thrower Vikas Gowda is the only Indian to have finished in top-three in a Diamond League Meet.
- Gowda had finished second twice — in New York in 2012 and in Doha in 2014 — and third on two occasions — Shanghai and Eugene in 2015.
2. Linthoi Chanambam won gold in World Cadet Judo Championship she belongs to which state?
Answer: D) Manipur
- India’s LinthoiChanambam claimed a historic gold at the World Cadet Judo Championship in Sarajevo, becoming the first from the country to win a medal in the tournament across any age-group.
- The 15-year-old from Manipur prevailed over Brazil’s Bianca Reis in the final to finish on top of the podium in the women’s 57kg contest at the Arena Hotel Hills.
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs August 27& 28
3. India economywill grow at around how many percent in FY23?
Answer: E) 7.4%
- India will grow at around 7.4 per cent in 2022-23 and continue at the same pace in the next year as well, Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- Speaking at the FE Best Bank Awards event here, Sitharaman said global agencies like IMF and the World Bank have taken cognisance of the strengths of the Indian economy by saying that it will be among the fastest growing ones in the next two years.
4. Who among the following planned to build 1,000-MW data centres in 10 years?
A) Adani Group
D) Bharati Airtel
E) Aditya Birla
Answer: A) Adani Group
- Adani Group firm AdaniConneXis planning to build 1,000 mega-watt data centres— almost double the present size of the total industry — over a period of 10 years.
- AdaniConneX Senior Vice President and Head of Data Centre Business, Sanjay Bhutani said the the first seven data centres of the company will come up in Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Delhi, Bengaluru and Pune.
- The industry stands at 550 MW.
- Data centre capacity is measured in terms of power they consume.
- According to market research firm Arizton, India’s data centre market size stood at 447 MW in 2021, valued at USD 10.9 billion.
- The six cities which will get first seven data centres will have total capacity of 450 MW over the next three years, while 550 MW is going to be in tier-2 and 3 towns.
5. How many crores were invested by FPIs in August on strong corporate earnings?
A) Rs 49025 crores
B) Rs 49520 crores
C) Rs 49250 crores
D) Rs 49052 crores
E) Rs 49205 crores
Answer: C) Rs 49250 crores
- After turning net buyers last month, foreign investors have become aggressive shoppers of Indian equities and pumped in Rs 49,250 crore so far in August on improvement in corporate earnings and macro fundamentals.
- This was way higher than a net investment of nearly Rs 5,000 crore by Foreign Portfolio Investors (FPIs) in the entire July, data with depositories showed.
- FPIs had turned net buyers for the first time in July, after nine straight months of massive net outflows, which started in October last year.
- Between October 2021 and June 2022, they sold a massive Rs 2.46 lakh crore in the India equity markets.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs August 27& 28
6. Who among the following awarded ‘The Steel Company of the Year award ‘at India’s Steel Award, 2021?
A) Tata Steel
C) JSW Steel
E) Essar Steel
Answer: A) Tata Steel
- Tata Steel Industries bagged the ‘The Steel Company of the Year (Flat Product) at the Steel User Federation of India’s Steel Awards, 2021.
- Minister of Forest, Cultural Affairs, Fisheries, Government of Maharashtra, Sudhir Mungantiwar was the Chief guest for the event.
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs August 27& 28
7. Who among the following became first Native American woman in space?
C) NicolasAunapu Mann
D) Nicole Aunapu Mann
E) Nicole AunapuGeorge
Answer: D) Nicole Aunapu Mann
- Nicole Aunapu Mann has waited nine long years for her chance to go into space.
- And if all goes according to plan, that wait will end on Oct. 03, when she will lead NASA’s Crew-5 mission to the International Space Station.
- Mann will be the first Native American woman in space.
- The first Native American man in space was John Herrington in 2002.
Environment and Energy- Daily Current Affairs August 27& 28
8. NHPC signed pact with which of the following state for 500 MW Dugar hydro project?
C) Tamil Nadu
E) Himachal Pradesh
Answer: E) Himachal Pradesh
- State-owned hydro power giant NHPC has inked a pact with the Himachal Pradesh government for the implementation of 500 MW Dugar Hydroelectric Project in Chamba district.
- The document was signed by Suresh Kumar, General Manager (E), NHPC, and Harikesh Meena, Director (Energy), Directorate of Energy (DoE), Himachal Pradesh.
- Earlier, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for 449 MW Dugar Hydro Electric Project was signed between NHPC and government of Himachal Pradesh on September 25, 2019.
- The accord of concurrence to the project was issued by CEA on April 26, 2022.
- Dugar Hydroelectric Project is expected to generate 1,759.85 million units in a year.
Defence – Daily Current Affairs August 27& 28
9. Indian Navy received first-ever fully indigenous AK-630 Gun ammo it was handed over by who among the following?
Answer: B) SatyanarayanNuwal
- In a major boost for achieving indigenisation in the armed forces, the Indian Navy received its first-ever fully Made in India 30mm ammunition for AK-630 guns fitted on warships.
- SatyanarayanNuwal, CMD of the Economic Explosives Limited handed over the first consignment of the ammunition to Navy Vice Chief Vice Admiral SN Ghormade.
International Affairs – Daily Current Affairs August 27& 28
10. Which Indian Naval Ship visited Port Klang in Malaysia?
A) INS Talwar
B) INS Sumedha
C) INS Brahmaputra
D) INS Delhi
E) INS Jamuna
Answer: B) INS Sumedha
- As part of the Indian Navy’s long-range operational deployment, INS Sumedha deployed to South East Asia, visited Port Klang, Malaysia on 27 August 2022.
- The ship is on her return passage from Perth, Australia where she participated in the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations.
- Indian Naval Ship Sumedha’s visit to Port Klang is aimed at strengthening bilateral ties, and enhancing maritime cooperation and interoperability between the Indian Navy and Royal Malaysian Navy (RMN).
- Both navies have been collaborating on various fronts and are playing a critical role in ensuring Maritime Security and the Safety of the global commons.
- The bilateral engagements between both navies are on an upswing with the participation of KD Lekiu in MILAN 2022 at Visakhapatnam followed by the conduct of the IN-RMN bilateral maritime exercise Samudra Lakshmana at Kota Kinabalu in May 2022.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs August 27& 28
11. PM Modi attended ‘Khadi Utsav’ in which of the following state?
C) Tamil Nadu
Answer: A) Gujarat
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will begin his two-day Gujarat visit by addressing ‘Khadi Utsav’ at the Sabarmati riverfront in Ahmedabad.
- Khadi Utsav is a one-of-its-kind event being organised as part of the Center’s ”Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav” to highlight the importance of khadi in India’s freedom struggle.
- The Utsav will be organised at the Sabarmati riverfront on Saturday evening where 7,500 women khadi artisans from various districts of Gujarat will spin charkha (spinning wheel) live at the same time and place.
- The event will also feature an exhibition on the “Evolution of Charkhas” by displaying 22 spinning wheels used since 1920.
- The exhibition will feature the ”Yerwada charkha” used during the freedom struggle besides various spinning wheels with the latest innovations and technology being used today.
- There will also be a live demonstration of the production of Ponduru Khadi.
- A new office building of the Gujarat Rajya Khadi Gramodyog Board and a foot-over bridge at the Sabarmati river will also be inaugurated by PM Modi at the event.
- The prime minister will inaugurate ‘Smriti Van’ in Bhuj, which celebrates the spirit of resilience shown by people following the 2001 earthquake in Gujarat, lay the foundation stone and inaugurate various developmental projects at Bhuj.
- The grand structure, which is the first such memorial in the country according to a Gujarat government official, is spread over 470 acres on Bhujio Hill near Bhuj town.
12. Invoicemart signed MoU with which of the following state government?
C) Tamil Nadu
Answer: C) Tamil Nadu
- Trade Receivables Discounting System provider Invoicemart has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Tamil Nadu government to facilitate smooth payments process for state entities.
- FaMe (Facilitating MSMEs) TN, under the department of micro, small and medium enterprises, is setting up an exclusive enterprise resource planning (ERP) platform TReDS (Trade Receivables Discounting System) offering payment services for government entities.
- By virtue of this MoU, all government departments along with their MSMEs can register on Invoicemart to get the MSME invoices financed.
- In FY23, Invoicemart reached a record throughput of Rs 36,000 crore and now a Rs 2,000 crore over month-on-month output.
- With the state government coming on board, the TReDS financing volumes for MSME invoices expected to shoot up tremendously.
13. Amazon India signed pact with _______ Grameen Aajeevika Vikas Parishad?
Answer: E) Rajasthan
- Amazon India announced it has signed an agreement with Rajasthan Grameen Aajeevika Vikas Parishad (RGAVP), an autonomous society, established by the Government of Rajasthan.
- This has been done to support the growth of women artisans and Self-Help Groups (SHGs) across the state.
- As per a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), a regional selection of products made by over 15,000 women entrepreneurs and SHGs associated with Rajeevika-RGAVP would be listed on the online marketplace, and made available to millions of Amazon India’s customers across the country.
14. All subsidised fertilisers will be sold under which brand from Oct?
B) Bharat Matha
Answer: A) Bharat
- All subsidisedfertilisers including urea and DAP will be sold under the single brand ‘Bharat’ from October, a move aimed at ensuring timely availability of soil nutrients to farmers and reducing the freight subsidy.
- Announcing the new initiative ‘One Nation One Fertiliser’ under the fertiliser subsidy scheme ‘Pradhanmantri Bhartiya JanurvarakPariyojna (PMBJP)’, Chemicals and Fertilisers Minister Mansukh Mandaviya said the companies are allowed to display their name, brand, logo and other relevant product information only on one-third space of their bags.
- On the remaining two-thirds space, he said the Bharat brand and PMBJP logo will have to be shown.
- The companies have been given time till year-end to clear their old stock.
- In the last financial year, the central government incurred a fertiliser subsidy bill of Rs 1.62 lakh crore.
- In view of a sharp rise in global prices in the last 5-6 months, the government’s subsidy bill is estimated to rise to Rs 2.25 lakh crore in the current fiscal.
- Explaining the logic for introducing this scheme, Mandaviya said the government subsidises80 per cent of the retail price of urea, 65 per cent of Di-ammonium Phosphate (DAP), 55 per cent of NPKs and 31 per cent of Muriate of Potash (MoP) prices.
- Freight subsidy is also provided in the range of Rs 6,000-9,000 crore annually.
15. PM Modi will virtually lay foundation stone of Maruti Suzuki’s new plant in Haryana,it will be ____ plant in Haryana?
Answer: C) 3rd
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will virtually lay the foundation stone of Maruti Suzuki’s new vehicle manufacturing plant at Kharkhoda in Sonipat district of Haryana on August 28.
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar said that after Gurugram and Manesar, it will be the third plant of Maruti Suzuki in Haryana.
- At present, about 50 per cent of the cars made in India are manufactured in Haryana.
16. In which year Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana was implemented?
Answer: E) 2014
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana PMJDY, the National Mission for Financial Inclusion completed eight years of successful implementation, August 28th.
- More than 46.25 crore beneficiaries banked under PMJDY since inception, amounting to over one lakh 73 thousand crore rupees.
- PMJDY Accounts grew three-fold from 14.72 crore in March 2015 to 46.25 crore as on the 10th August 2022.
- 56 percent Jan-Dhan account holders are women and 67 percent of Jan Dhan accounts are in rural and semi-urban areas.
- 31.94 crore RuPay cards have been issued to PMJDY account holders.
- The PMJDY was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his Independence Day address in 2014.
17. Which edition of All Manipur Shumang Leela Festival 2021-2022 started in Imphal?
Answer: B) 50th
- The 50th All Manipur Shumang Leela Festival 2021-2022 kicked off at Iboyaima Shumang Leela Shanglen at Palace Compound in Imphal.
- Manipur Governor La Ganesan and Chief Minister N. Biren Singh attended the inaugural function.
- During the festival, the Governor also distributed medals to the winners of 49th All Manipur Shumang Leela Festival 2020-21.
- Shumang Leela is a traditional form of theatre in Manipur and the roles of female artists are all played by male actors and male characters are played by female artists in case of female theatre groups.
18. In which year Nagaland got its first Railway station?
Answer: D) 1903
- Nagaland got its second Railway station on Dhansari-Shokhuvi railway line after a gap of more than 100 years.
- Dimapur station was opened in 1903.
- Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio officially flagged off the first passenger train service- the Donyi Polo Express from Shokhuvi Railway station in Choumukedima District.
- AIR correspondent reports, Shokhuvi Railway station is part of the Dimapur-Zubza Railway project.
- This railway station is an alternative train route for Nagaland and Manipur passengers to Guwahati.
Over All Review
Business And Economy
Science and Technology
Environment and Energy