Daily Current Affairs August 1
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs August 1. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
August 1 | Daily Current Affairs 2021
IMPORTANT DAYS – Daily Current Affairs August 1
1. Muslim Women Rights Day is observed on which date?
A) August 2
B) August 3
C) August 4
D) August 5
E) August 1
Answer: E) August 1
- Muslim Women Rights Day will be observed across the country 1st August 2021, to celebrate the enactment of the law against Triple Talaq.
- The Government enacted the law against Triple Talaq on 1st August, 2019 which has made the social malpractice of Triple Talaq a criminal offense.
- There is a significant decline in Triple Talaq cases after the law came into effect. Muslim women across the country have overwhelmingly welcomed this law.
World Breastfeeding Week:
- The World Breastfeeding Week is celebrated every year for a week from 1st August, the motive of this week is to create awareness among new parents and improve infant health around the world.
- The initiative was started in August 1990 by government policymakers, WHO, UNICEF, and other organizations to protect, promote, and support breastfeeding.
World Breastfeeding Week Theme:
- The 2021 World Breastfeeding Week’s theme is “Protect Breastfeeding: A Shared Responsibility.”
World Lung Cancer Day:
- The day, as the name suggests, is meant to raise and create awareness about lung cancer.
SPORTS – Daily Current Affairs August 1
2. Indian shuttler P V Sindhuwon the bronze medal in women’s single match in Tokyo Olympics. She won sliver medal in Rio which year?
Answer: E) 2016
- PV Sindhu defeated He Bing Jiao of China by 21-13 and 21-15 in the bronze medal match and became the first Indian woman to win two Olympic medals.
- Sindhu won silver at Rio 2016.
- Wrestler Sushil Kumar is the first and only other Indian to win two Olympic medals.
- President Shri Ram NathKovind, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, Sports Minister Shri Anurag Thakur and Indians from all corner of the country congratulated PV Sindhu for her achievement.
OBITUARY – Daily Current Affairs August 1
3. Former which state higher education minister Sudarshan Roy Chowdhury passes away?
B) Tamil Nadu
C) Andhra Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
E) West Bengal
Answer: E) West Bengal
- Former West Bengal higher education minister and veteran CPM leader Sudarshan Roy Chowdhury passed away at a private hospital in Hooghly district following a massive heart attack.
- Chowdhury, who was a professor of political science in Serampore College, was elected as an MP from the same Lok Sabha constituency.
- He was made the higher education minister by the then chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharya after he won the assembly election from Jangipara in 2006.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY – Daily Current Affairs August 1
4. Goods and Services Tax (GST) mop-up grew 33 per cent year-on-year in July to over ____?
A) Rs 1.16 lakh crore
B) Rs 1.66 lakh crore
C) Rs 1.56 lakh crore
D) Rs 1.26 lakh crore
E) Rs 1.36 lakh crore
Answer: A) Rs 1.16 lakh crore
- In signs of acceleration in economic activity, India’s tax collections on goods sold and services rendered returned to over Rs 1 lakh crore in July after the second wave of Covid-related restrictions caused a blip in the previous month.
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) mop-up grew 33 per cent year-on-year in July to over Rs 1.16 lakh crore, indicating that the economy is recovering at a fast pace.
- In July 2020, the collection was Rs 87,422 crore.
APPOINTMENTS – Daily Current Affairs August 1
5. Who took charge as the new Controller General of Accounts?
A) Deepak Das
B) Sathish Das
C) Anand Das
D) Varun Das
E) Sivan Das
Answer: A) Deepak Das
- Deepak Das took charge as the new Controller General of Accounts.
- Mr Deepak Das is the 25th officer to hold the position of Controller General of Accounts (CGA).
- He is a 1986-batch Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) officer.
NATIONAL AFFAIRS – Daily Current Affairs August 1
6. Bonalu traditional festival begins in which state?
B) Tamil Nadu
D) Uttar Pradesh
E) West Bengal
Answer: C) Telangana
- Bonalu, a Telangana traditional festival begins in Hyderabad.
- A Large number of people took part in the celebrations and offered Bonam to the Goddess Mahakali, said BJP National Vice President DK Aruna. Prayers, ‘ Potharaju Processions’, Bonam, and animal sacrifices to the deity and drum beats are done during the celebrations, said DK Aruna.