Daily Current Affairs April 04
Table of Contents
Dear Champions, as you all know that a lot of competitive exams have been notified consequently. Candidates have to prepare themselves according to the level of competition and expectation of the Recruitment board. Regarding that one of the most important topic is Daily Current Affairs April 04. Current Affairs in the form of contemporary events of national & international play a crucial role in almost every competitive exams like Banking, Insurance, SSC, UPSC, TNPSC, Railway etc.
Current affairs are the most dynamic yet scoring among all sections and need to be prepared from the right source. Here, we cafunsta team, providing Daily GK Updates, Current Affairs Questions, and Monthly current affairs pdf.
April 04| Daily Current Affairs 2022
Important Days – Daily Current Affairs April 04
1. When is International Day of Mine Awareness day celebrated?
A) April 2
B) April 1
C) April 5
D) April 3
E) April 4
Answer: E) April 4
- To increase attention among people regarding assistance for mine action work, raise awareness about landmines and the threats to the safety of humans and work towards their eradication.
- Like every year on this day, the United Nations supported platforms are organising and carrying out activities so that the threat posed by mines and explosives can be reduced.
- The mine action community worldwide, headed by the United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS), will be launching some activities a week in advance.
- “Safe Ground, Safe Steps, Safe Home”.
Sports – Daily Current Affairs April 04
2. Men’s Singles of Orleans Masters 2022 Badminton tournament is held at which country?
D) United Kingdom
Answer: B) France
- In badminton, Indian shuttler Mithun Manjunath had to settle for a silver medal after losing to Toma Junior Popov
- Held in Orleans, France.
- Women’s doubles pair of Ashwini Bhat and Shikha Gautam were the only other Indian players to make it to the semi-finals at the Orleans Masters 2022.
Banking and Finance – Daily Current Affairs April 04
3. Which of the following bank is the best performing bank in SHG linkage by NRLM ?
A) Bank of Baroda
Answer: C) HDFC
- HDFC Bank has been adjudged the Best Performing Bank in SHG Linkage by the National Rural Livelihood Mission Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India.
- At a function organised at VigyanBhavan, New Delhi, the award was presented by GirirajSingh,Minister of Rural Development to K Venkatesh, Head – Sustainable Livelihood Initiative, HDFC Bank .
- Notably, HDFC Bank was the only Private Bank to be felicitated for remarkable work in SHGs – by the National Rural Livelihood Mission.
- As part of NRLM, HDFC Bank provides access to financial services to over 4.5 lakh individuals in unbanked and underbanked sections of society.
- The Bank has signed MoUs with the State Rural Livelihood Mission of six states, namely Assam, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra, Punjab, Rajasthan, and Uttar Pradesh.
- Under the National Rural Livelihood Mission the bank has offered advances over Rs 1,000 crore.
4. RBI fixes how much amount for WMA?
A) Rs 46,070 crore
B) Rs 46,020 crore
C) Rs 47,020 crore
D) Rs 46,010 crore
E) Rs 47,010 crore
Answer: E) Rs 47,010 crore
- The Reserve Bank decided to reduce the Ways and Means Advances (WMA) for states and Union Territories to Rs 47,010 crore from Rs 51,560 crore.
- On a review of the limits and keeping in view the gradual lifting of COVID-19 restrictions, RBI said it has been decided to revert to the WMA limits and timelines for Over Draft (OD) for state governments / UTs as recommended by the Advisory Committee on Ways and Means Advances to State Governments.
- The RBI further said the Special Drawing Facility (SDF) availed by state governments/ UTs shall continue to be linked to the quantum of their investments in marketable securities issued by the Government of India, including Auction Treasury Bills (ATBs).
Business and Economy – Daily Current Affairs April 04
5. Which edition of ICICI Lombard’s Corporate India Risk Index witnesses 9 per cent jump Mumbai?
Answer: D) 2nd
- The company has released the study in continued collaboration with Frost & Sullivan, a leading global management consulting firm.
- The second edition of Corporate India Risk Index 2021 was launched in the presence of BhargavDasgupta, managing director & chief executive officer of ICICI Lombard, chief guest Nirmalya Kumar, Lee Kong Chian Professor of Marketing at Singapore Management University, Alok Agarwal, executive director, ICICI Lombard, and AroopZutshi, president & managing partner, Frost & Sullivan.
6. How many Indian women are listed in self-made billionaires list?
Answer: B) 3
- FalguniNayar of Nykaa.
- Kiran Mazumdar- Shaw of Biocon.
- RadhaVembu of Zoho.
- Feature in the latest Hurun list of women self-made billionaires (Hurun Richest Self-Made Women in the World 2022).
7. India’s unemployment rate falls to how much percentage?
Answer: E) 7.6
- The Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy’s monthly time series data revealed that the overall unemployment rate in India was 10 per cent in February 2022, which fell to 7.6 per cent in March.
- The ratio further dropped to 7.5 per cent, with urban unemployment rate at 8.5 per cent and rural at 7.1 per cent.
- The decrease in the ratio shows that the economy is getting back on track after being hit by COVID-19 for two years.
Acquisitions and Mergers – Daily Current Affairs April 04
8. Union Bank sells it stake in life insurance arm to jt venture partner BoB for how much crores?
A) ₹766.29 crore
B) ₹676.29 crore
C) ₹966.29 crore
D) ₹667.29 crore
E) ₹866.29 crore
Answer: A) ₹766.29 crore
- Union Bank of India (UBI) has sold 21 per cent stake in IndiaFirst Life Insurance Company Ltd (IFLIC) to Bank of Baroda (BoB) for ₹766.29 crore.
- UBI has transferred about 93 crore equity shares of IFLIC to BoB at ₹55 per share.
- The shareholding of
- UBI –9 per cent.
- BoB-65 per cent.
- Caramel Point Investment India-25 per cent stake
9. Post-merger, HDFC twins to be which largest company in India?
Answer: B) 2nd
- The combined market capitalisation of HDFC Bank and Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC) soared to Rs 14.22 lakh crore after the two companies announced the merger proposal.
- The HDFC twins’ market capitalisation has surpassed the valuation of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), which has a market cap of Rs 13.73 lakh crore.
- Post the merger, HDFC Bank will be 100 per cent owned by public shareholders and existing shareholders of HDFC Limited will own 41 per cent of HDFC Bank.
- After the merger announcement, the share price of HDFC skyrocketed by over 13 per cent.
Appointments – Daily Current Affairs April 04
10. Former Aviation Joint Secretary R K Singh appointed as Principal Advisor to Which Company?
A) Go First
B) Air India
C) Spice Jet
Answer: D) Indigo
- K Singh, former Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Civil Aviation, has been appointed as Principal Advisor to IndiGo’s Managing Director Rahul Bhatia.
- In the past, RK has served as Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Civil Aviation and has served on the Boards of Air India, Indian Airlines, Alliance Air, Air India Charters Limited (Air India Express) and has been the CMD of Pawan Hans Helicopters Limited.
- Presently, he serves on the Board of CAE Simulation Training Private Limited, which is a pilot training organization.
11. India’s Ambassador to which country ambassador named new Foreign Secretary?
C) Abu Dhabi
Answer: A) Nepal
- India’s Ambassador to Nepal Vinay Mohan Kwatra has been appointed the new Foreign Secretary.
- He will take over when incumbent Harsh VardhanShringla demits office at the end of the month.
Awards – Daily Current Affairs April 04
12. 64th edition of Grammys Awards 2022 is held at which of the following places?
A) San Diego
B) Los Vegas
C) Los Angeles
E) New York
Answer: B) Los Vegas
|Record of the Year||Leave The Door Open – Silk Sonic|
|Album of the Year||We Are – Jon Batiste|
|Song of the Year||Leave The Door Open – Silk Sonic|
|Best New Artist||Olivia Rodrigo|
|Best Rock Performance||Making a Fire, Foo Fighters|
|Best Metal Performance||The Alien, Dream Theater|
|Best Rock Song||Waiting on a War|
|Best Rock Album||Medicine at Midnight, Foo Fighters|
|Best Pop Solo Performance||Olivia Rodrigo (DriversLicense)|
|Best Pop Vocal Album||Sour – Olivia Rodrigo|
|Best Pop Duo/Group Performance||Kiss Me More, Doja Cat and SZA|
|Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album||Love for Sale, Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga|
|Best R&B Album||Heaux Tales , Jazmine Sullivan|
|Best R&B Performance||Leave the Door Open – Silk Sonic, Pick Up Your Feelings – Jazmine Sullivan|
|Best Traditional R&B Performance||Fight for You, H.E.R.|
Best Melodic Rap Performance
|Hurricane, Kanye West featuring the Weeknd and Lil Baby Best R&B Song: Leave the Door Open|
|Best Progressive R&B Album||Table for Two, Lucky Daye|
|Best Rap Performance||Family Ties, Baby Keem featuring Kendrick Lamar|
|Best Rap Album||Call Me If You Get Lost, Tyler, the Creator|
|Best Rap Song||Jail|
|Best Improvised Jazz Solo||Humpty Dumpty, Chick Corea|
|Best Jazz Vocal Album||Songwrights Apothecary Lab, Esperanza Spalding|
|Best Jazz Instrumental Album||Skyline by Ron Carter, Jack DeJohnette and Gonzalo Rubalcaba|
|Best Large Jazz Ensemble Album||For Jimmy, Wes and Oliver – Christian McBride Big Band|
|Best Latin Jazz Album||Mirror Mirror by Eliane Elias with Chick Corea and Chucho Valdes Best Alternative|
|Music Album||Daddy’s Home, St. Vincent|
|Best Dance/Electronic Recording||Alive – Rufus Du Sol|
|Best Dance/Electronic Album||Subconsciously, Black Coffee|
|Best Music Video||Freedom, Jon Batiste Best Music Film: Summer of Sou|
|Best Country Solo Performance||You Should Probably Leave by Chris Stapleton|
|Best Country Duo/Group Performance||Younger Me by Brothers Osborne|
|Best Country Song||Cold by Chris Stapleton|
|Best Country Album||Starting Over by Chris Stapleton|
|Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media||The United States vs. Billie Holiday, Andra Day|
|Best Score Soundtrack for Visual Media||The Queen’s Gambit and Soul|
|Best Song Written for Visual Media||All Eyes on Me, Bo Burnham|
|Best Contemporary Instrumental Album||Tree Falls, Taylor Eigsti|
|Best Bluegrass Album||My Bluegrass Heart, Bela Fleck|
|Best Traditional Blues Album||I Be Trying, Cedric Burnside|
|Best Contemporary Blues Album||662, Christone ‘Kingfish’ Ingram|
|Best New Age Album||Divine Tides by Stewart Copeland and Ricky Kej|
|Best Gospel Performance/Song||Never Lost, CeCeWinans|
|Best Contemporary Christian Music Performance/Song||Believe for It, CeCeWinans|
|Best Gospel Album||Believe for It, CeCeWinans|
|Best Contemporary Christian Music Album||Old Church Basement, Elevation Worship and Maverick City Music|
|Best Roots Gospel Album||My Savior, Carrie Underwood|
|Best Latin Pop Album||Mendo – Alex Cuba|
|Best Musica Urbana Album||El Ultimo Tour Del Mundo, Bad Bunny Best Latin Rock or Alternative Album: Origen, Juanes|
|Best Regional Mexican Music Album||A Mis 80’s, Vicente Fernandez|
|Best Tropical Latin Album||Salswing!, Ruben Blades y Rodrigo Delgado &Orquesta|
|Best Americana Album||Native Sons, Los Lobos|
|Best American Roots Performance||Cry, Jon Batiste|
|Best American Roots Song||Cry, Jon Batiste Best Folk Album: They’re Calling Me Home, Rhiannon Giddens with Francesco Turrisi|
|Best Regional Roots Music Album||KauKaPe’a, KalaniPe’a|
|Best Reggae Album||Beauty in the Silence, SOJA|
|Best Global Music Album||Mother Nature, Angelique Kidjo|
|Best Global Music Performance||Mohabbat – AroojAftab|
|Best Children’s Album||A Colorful World, Falu|
|Best Spoken Word Album||Carry On: Reflections for a New Generation from John Lewis, Don Cheadle|
|Best Comedy Album||Sincerely, Louis CK|
|Best Musical Theater Album||The Unofficial Bridgerton Musical, Emily Bear|
|Best Recording Package||Pakelang Best Instrumental Composition: Eberhard, Lyle Mays|
|Best Arrangement, Instrumental or A Capella||Meta Knight’s Revenge, Charlie Rosen and Jake Silverman|
|Best Arrangement, Instruments and Vocals||To The Edge of Longing (Edit Version), Vince Mendoza|
|Best Boxed or Special Limited Edition Package||All Things Must Pass: 50th Anniversary Edition|
|Best Album Notes||The Complete Louis Armstrong Columbia and RCA Victor Studio Sessions 1946-1966|
|Best Historical Album||Joni Mitchell Archives, Vol. 1: The Early Years (1963-1967)|
|Best Engineering Album, Non-Classical||Love for Sale|
|Producer of the Year, Non-Classical||Jack Antonoff|
|Best Remixed Recording||Passenger|
|Best Immersive Audio Album||Alicia|
|Best Engineered Album, Classical||Chanticleer Sings Christmas|
|Producer of the Year, Classical||Judith Sherman|
|Best Orchestral Performance||Price: Symphonies Nos 1 and 3|
|Best Opera Recording||Glass: Akhnaten|
|Best Choral Performance||Mahler: Symphony No 8, Symphony Of A Thousand|
|Best Chamber Music/Small Ensemble Performance||Beethoven: Cello Sonatas – Hope Amid Tears|
|Best Classical Instrumental Solo||Alone Together|
|Best Classical Solo Vocal Album||Mythologies|
|Best Classical Compendium||Women Warriors – The Voices Of Change|
|Best Contemporary Classical Composition||Shaw: Narrow Sea Hosted by Trevor Noah|
- Edition : 64th
- Place : MGM Grand Garden Arena,Las Vegas, Nevada
- Hosted By : Trevor Noah
- Most Awards : Jon Batiste(5)
- Most Nomination : Jon Batiste(11)
- Broadcasting : CBS
- The awards ceremony was attended by Doja Cat, Olivia Rodrigo, K-pop group BTS, Justin Bieber, Billie Eilish, Lady Gaga, Jared Leto, John Legend, and many more.
- Awarded For : Outstanding achievements in the music industry
- Country : United States
- 1st Awarded : 04/05/1959
- Trophy : Glided Gramophone
- One of the four major American Annual Award other three (The Oscar Awardy,The Tony Awards,The Emmy Awards)
Science and Technology – Daily Current Affairs April 04
13. BHEL enables record transmission of how much power between Raigarh-Pugalur?
A) 8000 MW
B) 4500 Mw
C) 10000 MW
D) 6000 MW
E) 5000 MW
Answer: D) 6000 MW
- State-owned BHEL has enabled record power transmission of 6,000 MW from Ultra High Voltage Direct Current (UHVDC) link between Chhattisgarh and Tamil Nadu.
- This is the second UHVDC transmission project by BHEL.
- The project will supplement power availability in Southern Grid.
- BHEL established the first HVDC link in the country between Barsoor (Chhattisgarh) and Lower Sileru (Andhra Pradesh).
- Subsequently, BHEL has been involved in several HVDC links like Rihand-Dadri, Chandrapur-Padghe and Ballia-Bhiwadi.
National Affairs – Daily Current Affairs April 04
14. Who among the following CM launched ‘School ChaloAbhiyan’ scheme?
B) Yogi Adityanath
D) Nitish Kumar
E) Naveen Patnaik
Answer: B) Yogi Adityanath
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched the ‘School ChaloAbhiyan’ in Shravasti district on Monday to ensure 100 per cent enrolment in primary and upper primary schools in the state.
- The School ChaloAbhiyan is being started in UP’s Shravasti district which has the lowest literacy rate in the state followed by Bahraich, Balrampur, Badaun and Rampur.
- The workers will knock from door to door and ask if there is any child who has been deprived of going to school.
- That child will be taken to school and registered in the school, and uniform, books and bags will be provided to such students.
15. Who among the following flaged off Indian Red Cross Society ambulances?
A) Kiren Rijiju
B) Kishan Reddy
C) Nitin Gadkari
D) Dr.Virender Kumar
E) Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya
Answer: E) Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya
- Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare, and DrBharati Pravin Pawar, Union Minister of State for Health & Family Welfare today flagged off 33 Ambulances (13 Advanced Life Support Ambulances and 20 Basic Life Support Ambulances) from NirmanBhawan, New Delhi.
- Shri BhagwanthKhuba, Union Minister of State for Chemicals & Fertilizers was also present on the occasion.
- The Union Ministers were briefed on the amenities and services that shall be provided by the ambulances.
- The 33 Ambulances are part of the first lot of medical vehicles which are being sent to improve the health and disaster response capacity of Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS) branches.
- IRCS has played an important role in the fight against COVID-19 and has contributed immensely to reducing impact of the pandemic.
16. Who among the following state/UT CM launched ‘KaavalUthavi’ app for public during emergency?
A) Andra Pradesh
Answer: D) Tamilnadu
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M K Stalin launched ‘KaavalUthavi’ app containing 60 features that will help seek police assistance during any emergency.
- The app is used to send ’emergency’ alert to the police control room, so as to obtain immediate assistance during any distress or emergency by the members of the public.
- The user’s live location will be shared with the control room by pressing the emergency red button.
- In addition, the user details will be identified and the nearest police station/patrol vehicle will be alerted to provide the required assistance to the user.
- Other services include police station locator with direction and dial feature and control room directory.
- Lost document report, vehicle verification, FIR and CSR status etc., are also integrated and enabled to access via the portal to access various services of Tamil Nadu police.
17. CM Jagan launched how many new districts in AP?
Answer: C) 13
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy through video conferencing formally launched 13 new districts in the state taking the total number to 26 due to population above 5 crores.
- Each district will now have six to eight assembly segments except in one tribal district.
- One district was additionally created carving out the tribal areas in East Godavari and Visakhapatnam.